Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 (11667 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 / How To Become A Nigerian In 15 Easy Steps By Mayo Bayo / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by euromoney(f): 2:23am On Mar 21, 2013
Ondo High Chief Bayo Akinnola(lisa Of Ondo Kingdom) Passes On

CHIEF BAYO AKINNOLA. High Chief (Dr.) Bayo Akinnola is the Lisa of Ondo Kingdom and second in command to the Osemawe of Ondo and the former chairman of the Lafarge West African Portland Cement (WAPCO), the late Akinnola, father of Minister of Information Technology, Mrs Mobolaji Johnson, died in Lagos on Wednesday, at the age of 78.May His soul Rip.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by slimyem: 3:39am On Mar 21, 2013
Awww...
One real illlustrious son of the soil.Ekimogun's own philanthropist.
He will be greatly missed.undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by clip: 5:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Daddy,
You are no more but the positive impact you made in people's life shall live on. You loved people and always do the best to help them.
I remembered one of my meeting with you through my elder brother in 1993. We asked you that we should install CCTV at your new house in Ondo. You asked us what is the function of the CCTV,we told you among other things is monitor/screen unwanted visitor. Lisa,said that, why will he screen/monitor his people that if they want to harm him let them come. He does not need it.
He was one of the richest Ondo son. The youngest commissioner in the western region. Yet no one molested him or robbed him. No security personnel protect him.
I saw many MD of companies he has help to get to the position coming weekend after weekend paying tribute to him at his Ondo house. When It was time for me to go for my 6month IT. I went to him saying daddy I want you to help get a place. I love his answer, he said " you have work to do and the work is any company you want, get me the Yoruba man at the top his name and his village and leave the rest for me"I understood what he meant,that there is no how he will not know any one connected to the Yoruba man and plead on my behalf. Even though it did not work,I saw the passion and others he had helped and still helping.
I wish 20% of our rich men could be like him.
His believe shaped me.
Rest in Peace
Chief Lotin
Chief Lisa .
A Great Man has just departed

6 Likes

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by gbanikiti(m): 11:54am On Mar 21, 2013
not a regular face sha. RIP to him anyway
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by femmy2010(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2013
A great man he was.
Adieu Baba.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by xreal: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Baba, though I don't know you.. Clip's comment on here gave me a little idea of your kind.

RIP baba.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by shadrach77: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
sun re o bai! sad sad sad
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by braveheart2012(m): 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wow! This man has passed away! Didn't he also have something to do with Isoglass? One of his wives owned a primary school in Bodija, Ibadan. I remember him well! May his soul RIP.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by ireke(m): 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
The Minister's name is Omobola (not Mobolaji) Johnson.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
ireke: The Minister's name is Omobola (not Mobolaji) Johnson.

You are write. Poster may have made a typo cos she is married to Mobolaji Johnson's son!
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by andyzoga: 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
Adieu, uncle B.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by euromoney(f): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
ireke: The Minister's name is Omobola (not Mobolaji) Johnson.

Typo error..
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by wwwkaycom(m): 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
Adieu,Chief Bayo Akinnola, the fashionable Ondo High Chief.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Molayan: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
whaooo, he's former classroom teacher in Ibadan. Where he taught d former Governor of Ondo state, Olusegun Agagu and he remain his school father thru out .
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Lovetinz(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
His son, Akin told me to always use ctl-l+z, rather than clicking file-undo. back in those days.
He must have told me a hundred times. Each time with a smile.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Olivermo(m): 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
He is such a nice man.may his soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Kunlegzy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
A big tree has fallen in Ondo, Adieu Chief Lotin, his father was my mumsy baptismal father, @ All Saints Anglican Church, Ogbonkowo, Ondo, Ondo State.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by juman(m): 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
Another old man died. grin
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by nicago: 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
Words fail me to describe this great man. Sir, even though we were not related, you treated me like your own son..How I wish I became closer to you as I grew up. I remember like yesterday when I was cheated out of my admission into NDA 53 RC due to the Nigerian factor, you stood to demand what happened that even the then Chief of army staff intervened and got to the root of it.

When my WASSCE result came out in 1999, you were one of the first to know. I can NEVER forget all the events that happened then, my result was 6 A's, 2 C's and a D 7 in Chemistry, you looked at me in the eye and said ''......., this canot be your result" you believed I couldn't fail chemistry. I never knew it was possible for anyone to see his scripts after WAEC but you called for it and made me know I got 49% in practicals, but made 67% in the written so I was graded D7. This charged me beyond my wildest dreams that someone who was not related to me by blood could do these within a week of knowing about my challenge.

You believed so much in Africa, you loved Nigeria and whenever you travelled out of Nigeria, everyone knew you will be back in at most 3 days. You believed we can all succeed since you did, you said things will always get better. You described how your mother died after visiting you, trekking from Ibadan back to Ondo when you were a little boy staying with Pa Alayande in Ibadan. The same Ibadan trip that you make in a few hours in any of your Benz cars(chief loves Benz) was what claimed the life of your darling mum. You even celebrated her 40th year remembrance...things got better. You said success is possible to anyone who dares to achieve it.

I could write volumes on you...You loved sports, swimming, fishing, travelling and reading but above all, spending QUALITY time with your children and seeing people educated to the highest heights. Chief never liked anyone being sad and you liked calling people by there full names..Tunji as Olatunji, Dele as Bamidele...

Chief Ilemobayo, I remember my first ever visit to your first Ondo house, I marvelled at the sheer size then and you asked me what I wanted to become in life, I still remember the answer till now...my little 8 year old mind felt being a Chief brought money so I told you I wanted to become a chief. You laughed and said "you become a chief by your actions first before anyone makes you a chief.".

You charisma was like that of an Imperial Majesty, you exhibited royalty in every way.

I will so miss you but I am glad you left behind children sucessful in their various endeavors with good family life to match.

ADIEU Sir
High Chief Lisa of Ondo.

With love,

------- -----

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by nicago: 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
braveheart2012: Wow! This man has passed away! Didn't he also have something to do with Isoglass? One of his wives owned a primary school in Bodija, Ibadan. I remember him well! May his soul RIP.

@Braveheart, Amen.

Will you believe I attended that school? I spent only two days before running away. The Woman was a strict disciplinarian. Great Aurora day School....loooool

Chief was on the board of many organisations.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by nicago: 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Molayan: whaooo, he's former classroom teacher in Ibadan. Where he taught d former Governor of Ondo state, Olusegun Agagu and he remain his school father thru out .

@Molayan, yes you are very correct. He taught my father too in Ibadan Grammer School.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by musiwa22: 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
may his soul rest in peace. i did not know, i was clueless...
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by dom(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
He was such a nice, lively man with an avuncular disposition. Lived life to the fullest. I recall my first encounter with him in 1998 when as a sophomore at the university of ibadan I was invited with the Students Choral Ensemble to stage a Christmas concert at his Uli Atobileke palatial residence. We had many more of such invitations. He always took time to party and discuss with us after the guests must have all departed. I recall his beautiful guest house atop a hilly area - still within his compound - where he usually lodged us. He was a grand patron of the arts and my first contact with distinguished, refined and erudite royalty with a flair for the arts. I recall he - with nostalgia - always regaled and inspired us with his stories as a young choir boy and as a student in University of Ibadan (Then University College Ibadan). The handsome honorarium he usually paid us after performances were the only money I ever earned as a student! It in turn inspired me to set up upon graduating from u.i and the law school, a flourishing professional choral group: The Abuja Choral Ensemble. The Lisa will surely be missed by everyone who came in contact with him. Requiem aeternam dona ei,Domine,et lux perpetua luceat ei, amen. Requiescat in pace. Amen

1 Like

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by olubode01(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
I don't know dis chief as a person,but the eulogies being showered on him even when dead shows dt,he lived a fulfilled life. Posterity will always judge us for whatsoever we do. Adeiu papa

1 Like

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by musiwa22: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
is
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by topazjosh(m): 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
High chief lisa akinola
Former south west commisionner
Father to a current minister
Inlaw to a former lagos governor
Teacher and school father to former ondo state governor,a role model to many public servant both executives and legislator,captain of industries and military personnel,a fashionable man who respect ondo culture so much and great achiever.
Second in command to osemawe of ondo kingdom
RIP baba lisa "ojo gbogbo bi odun"
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by musiwa22: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
is that the true picture.. or is it another yahoo yahoo by nairaland, before i make comment..
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by lillian20: 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
Omg ! I also attended Aurora ooooo she was indeed a strict woman infact we we're attendn d same church All souls church bodija. Rip pa Akinnola ondo state indigen will surely miss u
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Tafugo: 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
Uncle B , a great man gone.in the days when Ibadan was Ibadan people like Femi Johnson, Wole Soyinka, chief Bayo Akinnola, Brig Oluwole Rotimi were the big boys.The good old days Bodija has lost one of its foundation members. A good man down R.I .P Lisa.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by tunde3333: 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ojo gbogbo bi odun...igba gbogbo bi oro.o fai nihun se o pe onigangan.sun re o bai.you were a great man and you lived a fulfilled life.still saw you few days ago.May you RIP.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Kilode1: 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
musiwa22: is that the true picture.. or is it another yahoo yahoo by nairaland, before i make comment..

Egbon Musiwa, se e lo jigi yin ni? Yes, that's his picture. It's ok to comment now.

I met Chief Lotin once or twice as a child, you can touch the aura of influence around him. I'm not surprised many like him. I'm sure many more will miss him. He obviously served many with his influence.

Like the Ondos will say: Bi oiho kan san, a han nugba onehn ~If one head is successful it can spread to two hundred people~

It's funny how people still call him Chief Lotin though, his old title before he became the traditional "PM" Lisa of Ondo.

RIP to him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tiv, Wives Of Tiv(non Tiv Married To Tiv People), Friends of Tiv This Way Please / Does " Bitter Cola " Ward Off Evil Attack/poisoning? How True Is This? / Are People From Onicha-ugbo Igbo Descent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.