Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 (11665 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 / How To Become A Nigerian In 15 Easy Steps By Mayo Bayo / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
You mean the Akinmokun family? Not Akinola
braveheart2012: Wow! This man has passed away! Didn't he also have something to do with Isoglass? One of his wives owned a primary school in Bodija, Ibadan. I remember him well! May his soul RIP.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by mrmofasa(m): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
RIP, our illustrious son.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by tpia5: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
musiwa22: is that the true picture.. or is it another yahoo yahoo by nairaland, before i make comment..

I think its his real picture, when he was younger.

One of his biographies says his grandpa traded with the europeans at okitipupa.

I dont know him personally but i'm sure he probably knew me.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
lisa all those girl that you had spoiled there live will miss you. also who will pay the work you withheld there salary?
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by soledayo(m): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
Great man but all of you forgot to say the man really enjoyed himself with the young girls of campuses in Ondo, etc with the former governor Segun Agagu. Anyway RIP.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by johhnnie(m): 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Old Sigmite. True and bold.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by ophilly: 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is anything wrong with this? Were the girls compelled?...The big men wanted a good time, the babes wanted money..simple!
soledayo: Great man but all of you forgot to say the man really enjoyed himself with the young girls of campuses in Ondo, etc with the former governor Segun Agagu. Anyway RIP.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by tpia5: 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
Make una forget that side, men from the state are known for being ladies' men, they're generally good looking so its sort of hard for them to not womanize.

Unless they just decide not to, just assume they will.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by tpia5: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
ophilly: Is anything wrong with this? Were the girls compelled?...The big men wanted a good time, the babes wanted money..simple!

Well, true it takes two to tango.

Although i know nothing of the matter.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by amobii: 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
Waoooo, Great man, i remember him as powerful as he was then, he still doesnt look down on people. I install the data phone for internet in his house back in 2006, met a calabar lady working there that time.
May your soul rest in peace BABA.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by musiwa22: 12:24am On Mar 22, 2013
it is a position in yorubaland reserve for people of same family, if someone takes the title, you would not become king again.. except if you want to become president of nigeria, the kingdom use to cover 4 state of 36 in nigeria.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by musiwa22: 3:01am On Mar 22, 2013
he was rich.. i read online he own i believe this company and others

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by cardoso111(m): 3:28am On Mar 22, 2013
I love this man's carriage!he was a great man,RIP in peace,egin!
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by segxyrema: 6:30am On Mar 22, 2013
clip: Daddy,
You are no more but the positive impact you made in people's life shall live on. You loved people and always do the best to help them.
I remembered one of my meeting with you through my elder brother in 1993. We asked you that we should install CCTV at your new house in Ondo. You asked us what is the function of the CCTV,we told you among other things is monitor/screen unwanted visitor. Lisa,said that, why will he screen/monitor his people that if they want to harm him let them come. He does not need it.
He was one of the richest Ondo son. The youngest commissioner in the western region. Yet no one molested him or robbed him. No security personnel protect him.
I saw many MD of companies he has help to get to the position coming weekend after weekend paying tribute to him at his Ondo house. When It was time for me to go for my 6month IT. I went to him saying daddy I want you to help get a place. I love his answer, he said " you have work to do and the work is any company you want, get me the Yoruba man at the top his name and his village and leave the rest for me"I understood what he meant,that there is no how he will not know any one connected to the Yoruba man and plead on my behalf. Even though it did not work,I saw the passion and others he had helped and still helping.
I wish 20% of our rich men could be like him.
His believe shaped me.
Rest in Peace
Chief Lotin
Chief Lisa .
A Great Man has just departed
Yes you have said it all. People of Ondo state would miss High chief Lisa Akinnola
RIP baba
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by musiwa22: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2013
ondo kingdom use to cover 4 state in yorubaland.
This is a real title, the one tinubu claim to have is not a real title.. i dont want to say the word fake but more of Honourable title.

Just like in England , not everybody can become king in the royal family.. So they give others title, there are other title just like the duke of edinburgh.. etc..

otuba woka.

HM The Queen
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
HRH The Duke of Cambridge
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge
HRH Prince Harry of Wales
HRH The Duke of York
HRH Princess Beatrice of York
HRH Princess Eugenie of York
HRH The Earl of Wessex
HRH The Countess of Wessex
Viscount Severn
Lady Louise Windsor
HRH The Princess Royal

HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester
HRH The Duke of Kent
HRH The Duchess of Kent
HRH Prince Michael of Kent
HRH Princess Michael of Kent
HRH Princess Alexandra

You have different class of chief.. Yoruba

King
Royal chief
Other family chief
Honor chief( like tinubu as , he does not get to make decision for yorubas )

Royal chief are picked from certain royal family.. to assist the king make decision. So they all have royal blood relationship with the king. And also to be able to vote when they pick the next king. it comes with goodies. Royal chief and other form of chief, vote in decision making in the court... in yorubaland. Honor chief are not allow to vote.

It is like you having the pope and the cardinal. it is only cardinal that can become pope and only cardinal can vote.. the same thing with yoruba title. the pope is the king. while the cardinal are Royal chief. the only different is this particular title can only become regent to the king. until, he decide when to pick the next king. if the kings die, he take over the kingdom. But he has highest position among the king makers.. and will announce who become king. who is someone most likely younger.

because Tinubu is an Honor chief he does not get to sit or make decision on the future of the yoruba people. he does not even get to seat in the court house , during decision making for the yoruba people.. they just tell him, what the decision is. so when you media people are shouting tinubu, you are insulting the yoruba culture.. and they get upset with it. it comes with any goodies.

but i can influence all of the voting all over yorubaland. this why they were using my name .
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by musiwa22: 9:56am On Mar 22, 2013
the way it was done before merge of the 3 unit call nigeria...

there was a parliament of kings the western nigeria. they have voting right.. and can revoke the decision of the real parliament .. they do not meet often but when issue of national concern was call . that involve them to cast vote. they were the tie breakers between the executive and the legislators.

you remember the decision of the niger bridge.. this was why awolowo could not build the bridge .. because he was going to loss the support of the oba of benin.. in the parliament of kings. which was a critical vote and one of the few important people to cast his vote.. the oba of benin vote was like one of the 5 united nation security veto vote.

So you can see why this picture was so important...

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Omoadugbo(m): 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mr LISA was a well-Cultured Man, an ONDO Man for REAL. My Church Member, my Area Neighbor, my Ethical Mentor on things about the ONDO Nation.
A silent POLITICIAN, a FEDERAL BOY, an Industrialist and a Good Man.

My LISA'S Father, BABA-IJO Akinnola was such a Great Man around the Neighborhood of Erinketa, Oke-Losunla, Sokoti and Environs. A very Good Role Model to my Families including the AKINSOLA Family.

Chief LOTIN Bayo Akinnola to many ONDO People was an Epitome of Decorum, Style and Elegance, a Philanthropist, a Believer and a Man of God Until Chief Bayo Akinnola became Chief LISA, to my own View, things Changed, the Ondo People saw ANOTHER MAN in Bayo Akinnola, a Man with the INTEREST of POLITICS of Self, an Ardent Supporter of Federal Politics which the ONDO People were Traditional Opposed to.

Chief Lisa Akinnola became Another Man within the All Saint Church Ogbonkowo Parishioners. Even the Youth Opposed his Passes and Abandoned the Church for sometimes.

To me Bayo Akinnola was a Man of His Own, a Man with Character, Goodwill and Forthrightness.

A supporter of Good Course who never believed in Showmanship and placing His Interest above others even when He was a "WRONG POLITICIAN".

The ONDO Nation will always miss a Great SON in Bayo Akinnola.

Chief Lotin SLEEP WELL and say us Well to OBA FESTUS ADEDINSEWO ADESANOYE, LIPAKALA AKINOLA AKINSIPE, WEMI AKINSOLA, KOLA AKINSOLA and other Federal Boys and Great Ondos that had Travelled to the GREAT Beyond.
f
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Omoadugbo(m): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mr LISA was a well-Cultured Man, an ONDO Man for REAL. My Church Member, my Area Neighbor, my Ethical Mentor on things about the ONDO Nation.

My LISA'S Father, BABA-IJO Akinnola was such a Great Man around the Neighborhood of Erinketa, Oke-Losunla, Sokoti and Environs. A very Good Role Model to my Families including the AKINSOLA Family.

Chief LOTIN Bayo Akinnola to many ONDO People was an Epitome of Decorum, Style and Elegance, a Philanthropist, a Believer and a Man of God Until Chief Bayo Akinnola became Chief LISA, to my own View, things Changed, the Ondo People saw ANOTHER MAN in Bayo Akinnola, a Man with the INTEREST of POLITICS of Self, an Ardent Supporter of Federal Politics which the ONDO People were Traditional Opposed to.

Chief Lisa Akinnola became Another Man within the All Saint Church Ogbonkowo Parishioners. Even the Youth Opposed his Passes and Abandoned the Church for sometimes.

To me Bayo Akinnola was a Man of His Own, a Man with Character, Goodwill and Forthrightness.

A supporter of Good Course who never believed in Showmanship and placing His Interest above others even when He was a "WRONG POLITICIAN".

Chief Lotin SLEEP WELL and say us Well to OBA FESTUS ADEDINSEWO ADESANOYE, LIPAKALA AKINOLA AKINSIPE, WEMI AKINSOLA, KOLA AKINSOLA and other Federal Boys and Great Ondos that had Travelled to the GREAT Beyond.
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by Omoadugbo(m): 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2013

Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by segzyj(m): 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hmmmm.... God will Judge
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by musiwa22: 3:34am On Mar 23, 2013
i assumed he lived a great life...

yours truly

Musiwa
Re: Ondo Chief Bayo Akinnola Dies At 78 by mamazita1(f): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2013
The Lotin!! Aargh! Had no idea he had died! Awww! May his soul rest in peace. I was privileged to meet Chief Bayo through a friend who invited me for his birthday party in Ondo. It was an event to remember. A three day celebration on his farm with plenty to eat drink and be merry about. There was even hunting in the evening where he and his friends would go with guns to hunt bush meat on his extensive farm which was later turned to asun to be roasted and eaten by guests. Never have I met an old man more jovial and cheerful than Chief Bayo. He cracked joke after joke and was the life of the party, enthralling us with gist about his travels around the world. Of the many stories I heard the one that sticks in my memory was how he rewarded his driver of 25yrs. After driving him for 25yrs, he decided to retire the driver and also do somethg for him. He told him about a piece of land he had in Ibadan that would need supervising. The driver supervised the building of the structure on the land and when it was completed and the key given to Chief Bayo, he handed it back and said 'No! This house is for you! I was deeply touched by that story. I left there with an indelible imprint on my mind of this great man. Sun re o, Baba! Rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tiv, Wives Of Tiv(non Tiv Married To Tiv People), Friends of Tiv This Way Please / Does " Bitter Cola " Ward Off Evil Attack/poisoning? How True Is This? / Are People From Onicha-ugbo Igbo Descent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.