Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,158 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? (3915 Views)

How Do You Cope With Being A Wife, Mother And Career Woman? / Help! My Wife’s Mother And Her Friend Are Having My Babies / Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by adesaka: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2008
it is a pride in yoruba land that the husband mother is the owner of the3 family.so she should be the first to come and care fort the baby provided she is alive then the inlaw can follow. but dependind the agreement of the youg couple. tyhey are both helpfuf.
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by adesaka: 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2008
some of our wives may not even want the husband mother to come, because she may say the old woman is looking into there affairs at home, for that she might not want the husband mother to come, so it is an atrificial borden for her mother. she will be contended, that is women nature.
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by adesaka: 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2008
they are both useful in caring for the baby. it could be rotated between two of them fof two months interval
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by ssRhino: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2008
adesaka:

they are both useful in caring for the baby. it could be rotated between two of them fof two months interval

Isnt that kinda funny, one lil' child for 3 pple to be rotating on who will take care of the child.
The mother of the mother.
The mother of the father.
The Mother herself

Na wa oh and when the kids is grown, none of them will be willing to pay for anything, they will all send the pikin to him papa.
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by billyall(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2008
your mother-in-law is the right one. If you choose your mother there will be problem always between your wife and your mother, so is better to go for your mother-in-law.
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by rasmur5: 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2008
Wife's mother because the average Nigerian woman relates much better with her own mom than her mother-c cftin-law. She can speak her mind freely when talking with her mom without fear that anything she does or says "can be used against her."
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by rasmur5: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2008
Wife's mother because the average Nigerian woman relates much better with her own mom than her mother-in-law. She can speak her mind freely when talking with her mom without fear that anything she does or says "can be used against her."
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by MichaelAA1: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2009
My mother should come first and my mother-in-law can come subsequently because the husband is the owner of the house and can decide who come and who don't.The wife was handed over to the husband's mother on the of their wedding to take of her as daughter. The wife should be confortable.That is Yoruba traditon. cool
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by kokorunna(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2009
Your wife of course grin
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2009
Re: Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? by oyinlaifa(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2009
That is a very nice question and the answer to the question depend on who the wife want, she might decide not to invite her mother but someone else, but traditional the mother is suppose to do the Omugwo for her daughter,

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ The Husband And The Pregnancy / What You Must Learn From Popular Youtuber, Summer Aku's Failed Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.