Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People (5265 Views)

Islam Forbids Boyfriends And Girlfriends / Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression / Why Islam Forbids Pork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by somebody(f): 10:51am On May 09, 2006
The difference between the armed robbery example you gave is that no christain will come out and quote from the bible that it is okay to be a thief because, But with the muslims it is different. Many muslims say islam does not condone innocent killings, I believe but others say the actions of terrorists are justifiied. So I ask you-who should we believe.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Logical(m): 10:56am On May 09, 2006
Well not arguing based on the armed robbery scenario but come to think of it, why do you think a religion is evil when you hardly give it a chance to prove otherwise? Have you ever tried to get a copy of a translated Quran so that when conversations like this come up, you can always be very intellectual?

I mean muslims do that, but some christians are just the way they are. They just argue without laid down facts !!

Islam does not codone innocent killings, nor do I hear any muslim say that before in my entire life.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 11:19am On May 09, 2006
Logical, that was a nice one. Thanks

Anyway, The fact is Islam as a religion does not condone aggression against innocent people. It is an indisputable fact. Lets not rush into hasty generalisation based on a very weak premise.

Islam is Peace, so is Christianity i suppose.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by somebody(f): 11:39am On May 09, 2006
Logical, I do not think islam is evil. If I did, I would not have gotten close to the muslims I know now. I am sorry but did you say you haven't heard any muslim justify innocent killings in the name of islam. On the other thread, I wasn't saying you were boring me. I am just getting tired of this christain/muslim issue cause I am still as confused as when this discussion started. Maybe you can help me understand islam better.

Does islam condone violence?
If no, why do some clerics and muslims justify their violent actions with quotes from the quran?
Why are there practices of stoning a woman to death, cutting ones hand off?
Are these practices not considered violent?

This is way off topic but please whats the diff btw moslem and muslim? I do get confused and I apologise in advance if that makes me sound ignorant.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 12:28pm On May 09, 2006
[b]Somebody, there is no difference between moslem and muslim,i guess moslem was a more english version, while muslim is more of arabic or hausa. The difference is just the spellings and nothing more.

If any scholar justified violence as religious then he is quoting the wrong book.

However, you guys have always misunderstood some Islamic criminal punishments.

Its a fact that Islam views Adultery as a great sin desirable of severe punishment. The stoning sentence was suppose to be a deterrant and not an actual punishment. the mere thought of the punishment may scare people away from it. However, before the sentence is prescribed, there has to be 4 honest, adult and reliable witnesses who saw the acts live. that is almost impossible. where verdict are passed,the criminals are never arrested but given freewill to submit themselves for punishment. i can understand why this particular issue might not be understood by christian but to muslims, it is an unquestionable divine law. so everyone is warned. If you insist on committing adultery, just like AIDS, dont get caught and wait for your punishment in the hereafter.No one stalk anyone on this.

Same goes to cutting off the wrist of a thief, only if it can be proven that he does not steal out of neccessity and dire stress. However, Islam draws a line between theft and corruption. Corruption punishment comes under betrayal of trust which has milder sentence but does not stop there.The corrupt official must be forced to return everything or is allowed to face the Lord almighty in the hereafter. A thief that steal from an identified individual is better off,if his case is determined and settle on earth.

Sharia law is a wide area, i dont expect everyone to understand my simple analogy but we muslims accept it wholeheartedly as the code of our existence. Please, give us a chance to practice our religion.

Peace [/b]
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 2:35pm On May 09, 2006
Why don't you just say it for what it is. Islam is not a religion of peace.  From the hausas in the north to the yoruba muslims in the south and the fundamentalist fanatics in the middle east. You find Almajiris in the north begging for money and once the imams give a go ahead they will start slaughtering the same people that gave them alms in the name of religion. The davinci code and another film that purports Jesus to be gay was released and we have christians condemning it without violence. Muhammed the terrorist was portrayed as he would have been if he were alive today in a cartoon, and all hell breaks loose. The slimy vermins and their hate-filled reliogion unleashed terror on the world. The hate was so intense that some of their own peopple were caught in the line of fire.

I peacefully expressed my opinion at the start fo this thread but Ajisafe and Logical decided to engage in cheap personal insults which by the way is not suprising as it is characteristic of their terrorist leader Muhammad. I don't expect the branches to be different from the tree. I will not respond by insulting their person but I will still maintain my stand unapologetically: MUHAMMAD WAS A TERRORIST.

I have asked the so-called peaceful muslims if they supported suicide bombing? They claim they DONT but understand why their brothers do it. If that is not passive / indirect support, i don't know what it is.

The Supposedly peaceful ones don't really practice the religion and are despised by their imams. You find mothers and fathers mudering their daughters in the name of "honour killing". You find women being stoned to death while the man that slept with them goes scot free. I need to stop now cause it irritates me recapping their terroristic ways.

MUHAMMAD I MAINTAIN IS A TERRORIST.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 3:18pm On May 09, 2006
Mrlawng, i am bitterly disappointed with your remarks. But this time around i am not gonna respond in like manner with you. when your friends told you they understand why the violence in the middleeast persist, that is how it should be. you may call it passive support or whatever, the point is understanding why someone behave in such a way. in this same vein, i understasnd why you are being too arrogant. But am not gonna join issues with you cos am not gonna be like you.

my message for people like you is that you are no different with the violent muslims and you may probably behave the same way if you were in the same shoes. we no longer need to make you understand and for all we cares you can go to blazes.

Islam is Peace and Muhammad (SAW) is a great prophet.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 3:28pm On May 09, 2006
You said you will not trade words with me. If you read my posts and do an objective analysis separating the different points, you will notice i have not insulted anybody personally. I have only stated my perception of Muhammad the TERRORIST. All you and your muslim brothers have done in this post is exhibit what mohammed preaches by launching attacks on my person.

You contradict yourself by saying you will not attack me but then you call me names and tell me to go to blazes. Who is being confrontational and insultive? Go figure.

How can you be "disappointed"? I think the word you are looking for is offended. You don't even know me dude.

MUHAMMED STILL REMAINS A TERRORIST TO ME.

If he were alive today he'll be on the FBIs most wanted list next to his brothers OSAMA and ZARQUARWI
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Logical(m): 3:34pm On May 09, 2006
FBI's most wanted list? Oh this thread is all about America? I see smiley
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 3:49pm On May 09, 2006
@ logical

whatever floats your boat my man. cool
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 3:51pm On May 09, 2006
You see Mrlawng, i dont need to know you but i really have a minimal behavioural expectation from members of this elite forum. when you discuss an issue with a mindset like yours you are not trying to achieve anything but to cause ill feelings and rancour.

We dont argue here, we exchange knowledge. you dont really need to make a contribution if you dont have any good to offer. we are suppose to be enlighten here. cant you see that?

And please stop attacking Islam cos you are damaging the reputation of this forum. words spread fast and you can never underestimate the power of peoples perception. Lets have fun here
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Logical(m): 3:53pm On May 09, 2006
No I was just suprised, that you tend to feel America has the right to say somebody is a terrorist after all its campaigns offshore. Anyway the thread is not about that. So I rest my case.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 3:59pm On May 09, 2006
@belloti

Dude you obviously have not been paying attention and don't have your facts straight.

I am not here to cause any ill feeling. In life its "Live and let live"

If you go through the previous posts i have never attacked anybody personally rather I have had people attack my person for my views.

You speak of intellectuals? I am not going to go there with you, people reading can judge.

Please separate personal attacks form personal perceptions and opinions

My personal perception of MUHAMMAD based on my knowledge of him is TERRORISM. how does that equate to attacking you personally? Calling me silly and telling me to go to Blazes by you and your brothers is personal attack.

Dude you are not worth my time. Lets face the issue if you really like, bring out facts to refute my so-called inflammatory allegations rather than forming an opinion of me or attacking my person

Peace
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Seun(m): 4:04pm On May 09, 2006
Judaism - the forerunner of Christianity - and Islam are very similar in all respects. In fact, the Israelites were ordered to commit genocide in the name of their God. Jesus came along to modernize Judaism - this is what Christianity is all about. But isn't it the same God that ordered entire cities of men, women children to be murdered?

I think the problem with Islam is that it is difficult to water it down. There is no "new Koran" yet. The religion is at risk of extinction because our modern standards of morality have far surpassed those in the Koran. Even Christianity is at risk, but because it's so confusing it can always be redefined to suit each generation.

All religions are religions of peace because they pay lip service to peace and justice. All religions are religions against peace because they[i] separate people [/i]and that's the first step towards every form of violence and unrest. Christianity is not more peaceloving than islam, it's just more ambigous. islam is ok if properly secularized.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 4:12pm On May 09, 2006
Thats the wonderful thing about the world we live in. The right to opinion without getting mudered for it.

@nwoke

You obviously do not gravitate towards any of these religions which gives you an objective view of the history rather than a sentimental attachment. I totally respect that and appreciate your sticking to the issue rather than personal attacks on the posters like some have done to me for my views.

The Issue on this thread is Islam (cannot be separate from the founder MOHAMMED) that is why i am expressing my unapologetic perception of mohammed.

HE IS A TERRORIST

I don't support Judaism either but that is not the topic of this thread.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by deb(m): 4:22pm On May 09, 2006
This thread is interesting: "Its says Islam forbids aggression against innocent people"
meanwhile the followers of the religion do exactly the opposite.

Maybe the thread is necessary for the muslims because they have alot to defend.

With my own Jesus there is no condemnation, nothing to defend. grin
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 4:29pm On May 09, 2006
Nwoke, that was objectivity. But i also suggest you read some islamic books and websites, you may eventually realised that the religion is simple and straightforward. we only demonise it if we dont know much about it.

The religion and its followers are two different things. I very much agree with you that we both paid lipservice to peace. i think we decided on our own to do that. No religion preach violence but people do.

Mrlawng, we are not going to have any intelluctual test here but i respect your opinion about our holy prophet but i want to let you know that it hurts to hear it. All the same you are very much free to say what you want to say and if i had insulted you in anyway before, i offer my apology for that. it wasnt intended.

The topic is Islam forbids aggression against innocent people and its a fact
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by deb(m): 4:46pm On May 09, 2006
I very much agree with you that we both paid lipservice to peace

I disagree with you on that statement. Christians dont pay lipservice to peace
we preach, live and act peace. That is the hallmark of a real christian.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Logical(m): 4:51pm On May 09, 2006
deb:

I disagree with you on that statement. Christians don't pay lipservice to peace
we preach, live and act peace. That is the hallmark of a real christian.

But sometimes your priorities change? The word "We Christians" again !!!
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2006
Okay guys let's get something straight. It is possible to believe in a thing and not live up to it. In this regards, both Christians and Moslems are guilty. I do not for once beleive that Christians always live and maintain peace with their neighbours, the inquisitions and the crusades testify against that notion. On the other hand, we do not need to look far to see that a lot of Moslems are violent and intolerant, and they support their actions with quotes from their holy book.
So my question is, "How do we know for sure what the respective religion really teaches and advocates?" I have mentioned it somewhere on this forum that the best way is to look at the Founders of this religion and see how they lived. In this case, we will have to examine closely, the lives of Mohammed and Jesus. For those who disagree with Jesus being the founder of Christianity, we might extend the search to the lives of people like Apostle sPaul, Peter, James and John.
Does any one think this action is unfair?
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 9:15pm On May 09, 2006
For those who disagree with Jesus being the founder of Christianity, we might extend the search to the lives of people like Apostle sPaul, Peter, James and John.

Absolutely, there's no doubt about that. Saul (Paul) was the founder of christianity. Christians are rather called Paulites.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by syrup(f): 9:25pm On May 09, 2006
Ajisafe:

Absolutely, there's no doubt about that. Saul (Paul) was the founder of christianity. Christians are rather called Paulites.

How did you come about this? Is it just a statement you'd like to perennially hold on to without checking it out? I'm curious.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 9:30pm On May 09, 2006
@ syrup,
Not at all. I don't say things I can't substantiate. If you want me to show it to you, I will -- mos def.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 9:32pm On May 09, 2006
we are waiting. please substantiate
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 9:34am On May 10, 2006
FBI's most wanted list? Oh this thread is all about America? I see

Oh, so, you didn't know? When I exposed George Bush and men of his ilk as terrorists, criminals, and killers certain christians on this board disagreed, saying America's war on Muslim nations is not religious. I hope you folks can all see the crusaders' mindset before it's too late for all of you. The kufars cannot deceive me. Never.

@ mrlawng,
You are not making any sense at all. You keep on saying thesame thing. It's irritatingly redundant, if you know what I mean. Man, you're just as mentally retarded as that sick crusader kid, emmie4j. You need to go back to your mental hospital. Haba! You keep on saying the same outlandish thing; I'm sorry for your parents.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2006
TayoD, we dont need to dig into the personal lifestyle of the religious founders. We suppose to have the basic and elementary knowledge of our various faith. All we can do is to bring out any portion of our scriptures that seek to support violence and terrorism. On my part i challenge any muslim or christian to state a verse from the Holy Quran that support violence and terrorism.

i am waiting
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by micklplus(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2006
This is a great thread ! dont lets attack ourselves rather, lets attack the issues at hand.
i strongly feel we have lots thing to learn from ourselves.
Cheers
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2006
Belloti,

I strongly disagree with your views. There is no way to know what the religion really teaches unless we examine the practices of the founders. We can all argue that the followers today are not practicing the tenets of the faith as they should. For instance, some moslems will tell you Osama is their hero and is a true muslim while others will tell you he only hijacked a peaceful religion to serve a political purpose. Each one will quote the Qu'ran in making their point. So how do we know who to believe amongst them? Well, what did their founder practice? That should give you a clue.

On the other hand, we've seen Christians that practiced slavery, that went on crusades and the lot. Almnost every Christian today will tell you that is totally unchristian whereas those who commited those attrocities believe they were doing the right thing. To know who is right, all we need do is look at the teaches and way of life of Jesus. Whataver is not consistent with His lifestyle is surely extrabiblical.

For the person waiting for quotes from the Qu'ran about violence, I'm gonna give it to you soon. Is it not hypocrital to say that when you know your book advocates violence?
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 12:38pm On May 10, 2006
Haba TayoD, you shouldnt have posted this without the quote. You actually sound aggressive and violent. you have practically stated your own side. cheesy
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2006
@ everybody

Read Ajisafes comments. Is it necessary to attack my person and my parents.

@Ajisafe

This in my opinion is childish and outrageous. Please, respect yourself and don't respond to my posts if you cannot keep to the issue. I have not insulted you or your family. Why can't you insult Jesus if you like. Please once again in the spirit of decency and all you hold dear, ignore me and don't respond to me ever gain

Thanks

@Administrator

I thought we had RULES. I need to know if they are enforced because I am too self-respecting to indulge in cheap exchange of insults and vulgarities.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2006
Belloti,
All we can do is to bring out any portion of our scriptures that seek to support violence and terrorism. On my part i challenge any muslim or christian to state a verse from the Holy Quran that support violence and terrorism.
Surah 9:29 "Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection."
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by gbadex1(m): 2:06pm On May 10, 2006
@mrlawng: i sort of agree with your posts. if not at all, majority of them muslims are unleashing terror while the few who are non-violent are passive and doing nothing about it.

@tayoD: i also agree. we should rather see, read about the lives of the founders of this religion, to know the basics of this religion. true, people can be misleading and can pervert a religion, but then konwing the true foundations of the religion is paramount to understanding the said religion

@Ajisafe: have you nothing better yo do? first, i B.slapped you in the thread, "(can't remember the name sha)", now you come running your mouth, issuing fake-ass deaththreats and lame-ass insults. i wonder why you can't be non-aggressive when addressing an issue. no hating, but you gotta change that attitude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can A Person Protect Himself From Fitnah (trials, Temptation) / Baby Born With The Holy Qur'an In A White Garment Church / Fate And Destiny In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.