Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People (5251 Views)

Islam Forbids Boyfriends And Girlfriends / Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression / Why Islam Forbids Pork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2006
Islam does not permit aggression against innocent people, whether the aggression is against life, property, or honour, and this ruling applies to everyone, regardless of position, status and prestige. In Islam, as the state’s subject is addressed with Islamic teachings, so is the ruler or caliph; he is not allowed to violate people's rights, lives, honour, property, etc.

In the Farewell Pilgrimage, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) declared the principle that people's lives, property, and honour are inviolable until the Day of Judgment. This ruling is not restricted to Muslims; rather, it includes non-Muslims who are not fighting Muslims. Even in case of war, Islam does not permit killing those who are not involved in fighting, such as women, children, the aged, and the monks who confine themselves to worship only.

This shouldn’t raise any wonder, for Islam is a religion that prohibits aggression even against animals. Ibn `Umar, may Allah be pleased with them both, quoted the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, as saying: "A woman (was made to) enter (Hell) Fire because of a cat which she tied, neither giving it food nor setting it free to eat from the vermin of the earth." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

If such is Islamic ruling concerning aggressive acts against animals then the punishment is bound to be severe when human being happens to be the victim of aggression, torture and terrorism.

Source:
IslamOnline.Net Fatwa Section - Yusuf Al-Qaradawi
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 3:22pm On May 08, 2006
Belloti,

Did Mohammed followed this rule in all cases too? Did he lead by example or by decree alone? I ask this in sincerity.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 3:43pm On May 08, 2006
Hey, that was a nice way to ask. Please find out for yourself search the net about the true life history of Prophet muhammad (SAW) and see what you ll get. you can visit this link or any other one; www.mpac-ng.org

The Prophet followed that to the latter
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2006
What about all the Jihad he personally headed? You mean to tell me he never killed an innocent person? What about those killing the innocent in his name?
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 4:07pm On May 08, 2006
What may sound strange to you is that Prophet muhammad has never killed an innocent soul and never encouraged any one to do that. Any killing of innocent soul in the name of islam is wrong.

You know, we need to dust up our books and get to know these ourselves.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2006
Did he kill anyone at all?
From my knowledge of the scriptures, God did not allow King David (whom he called a man after His own heart) to build Him a temple for one reason: His hands have been stained in blood.
I find it hard then that God would allow someone involved in bloodshed to be the sole custodian of faith in Him. What about the other Prophets? What about their writings and sayings? Sorry I digress a bit.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by jagunlabi(m): 4:44pm On May 08, 2006
Tayo,you surprise me o!As if bloodshed is not present in the socalled "word of God" of the christians,the bible.How many crusades were carried out in the name of Jesus?The very first european genocide(The Albigensian crusade) was perpetrated in the name of Jesus christ.
Both religions preach peace,but they perpetrate bloody conflicts.

To islam;
Islam forbids aggression against the innocent?On the face of the happenings in the last half century,very hard to believe.Right now,all you have to do is look at the carnage in Iraq.Muslim brothers shedding the blood of the other muslim bros and sisters.It is an outrage.
TayoD:

Did he kill anyone at all?
From my knowledge of the scriptures, God did not allow King David (whom he called a man after His own heart) to build Him a temple for one reason: His hands have been stained in blood.
I find it hard then that God would allow someone involved in bloodshed to be the sole custodian of faith in Him. What about the other Prophets? What about their writings and sayings? Sorry I digress a bit.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 4:52pm On May 08, 2006
I do not say there is no bloodshed in christianity. However, Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith never shed a single blood and taught that "those who live by the sword, will die by it." Obviously, some Christians have not lived up to His teachings.

In this case however, the author and finisher of Islam is usually the one in front when it is time to kill. While he no doubt advocate peaceful co-existence, he readily beheads those whose views and beliefs are contrary to his in the name of Jihad. Osama Bin ladin also talk about peace, but is he a peaceful person? His entire personality is view from his actions and not just his words.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 8:25pm On May 08, 2006
@ TayoD,
Your intentions are always dubious. You ask your questions or pass insults aggressively, and when I personally answer back you start screaming my name. That's why I have decided to just ignore you and certain persons on this forum. You lack the knowledge to understand the issues at hand (whether Islam or your christain faith). Yes, the Holy Prophet Muhammad himself led numerous campaigns against the pagans, initially, and later down the road aginst the aggressive Byzantine armies (who never turned up on the battlefield, anyway). A good example will be the would-be expedition in Syria, but the "mighty' christian army obviously ran away (50,000 christians versus 3,000 Muslims). As per your assertion that your religion's "author and finisher" was "Jesus" -- that's definitely not true. Jesus had nothing to do with christianity. It was Saul, later Paul, that fashioned the style now known as christianity. "Christianity= Christ-like", so how did he know how and who Jesus was since he was not there when he lived? Well, the answer to that was that Paul lied that he saw Jesus on the way to Damascus! And the rest is history. Also, you claimed that Jesus never shed a drop of blood -- the answer to that is this: Jesus lived a very short life; he was here for just 33 years. His life was full of turmoil, aches and pain. He was a destitute -- a wanderer; none followed him, except the cajoled 12 disciples. We know how he got each man to follow him. I have corrected you before and I'll repeat it: Muhammad was not the "author and finisher" of the religion of al-Islam, It's Allah (SWT). Plain and simple. Although you people have deified Jesus and made him into a god, our Holy Prophet was a human being who happened to be the Chosen One with a heavy task. With the help of Allah he was able to surmount all the hurdles. Look at all the so-called "leaders" today, -- they're nothing but "chicken-hawks" (George Bush and Tony Blair are classic examples) they sent young boys to their death in different military expeditions, but they and their immediate families sit their butts at home. Muhammad was not a "chicken-hawk," and because he believed in his Duty, he readily partook of the numerous campaigns. Tell your leaders today to even go to Iraq and fight since they're sending innocent kids to go die for them. Muhammad had a great and superb following and, unlike Muhammad, if your "Jesus" had enough people to believe in his teachings and follow him he would not have been simply and effortlessly cornered and overpowered by the Roman soldiers and ultimately "killed by the Jews."
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 8:51pm On May 08, 2006
Mohammed was a terrorist. plain and simple
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 8:57pm On May 08, 2006
Muhammad was a terrorist. plain and simple

Could you expatiate a bit? You cannot just throw a cheap shot like that. That's silly.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by somebody(f): 9:11pm On May 08, 2006
@ Ajisafe-Osama and Zarqawi are the chicken hawks sending young boys to early graves while there are sitting their butts in hiding places. And what are these young boys promised in exchange for murdering women, kids and innocent pple belloti says muslims have no business killing. Seven virgins in paradise!!!I don't know why you keep on referring to the past atrocities by christains- face the present and the future. There is no freedom of speech again so we don't enrage the muslims. Na wa oh!!

@belloti, I think you are the only sensible muslim I have encountered on this forum. So I'll direct this question at you. Please, I would like to understand why practices like stoning women to death for adultery and cutting off hands for stealing are accepted in your religion. Thank you
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 9:11pm On May 08, 2006
@ Ajisafe

Who is throwing a cheap shot?

You are a good ambassador of your leader. You just called me silly for expressing my views. its no suprise as your great terrorist leader preached nothing but confrontation.

How many people did he muder for not accepting his message.

Majority of his present day followers do the same thing.

Brood of Vipers.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2006
Ajisafe,

Can you please read the previous posts and see if there has been any name-calling until you came on board?
On the contrary, you are the one that is ignorant of Chritianity.  Who told you Paul fashioned out what we know as Christianity today?  If you go through the Book of Acts, he was pesecuting the church long before he became a Christian.  At least, we know of 3,000 people getting saved after Peter's preaching on the day of Pentecost.  Paul, like the others was only avessel in God's hands.  Get your facts straight and stop foaming ignorance throguh both sides of your mouth.
If you are a student of the Bible, you will know what happened to Jesus were absolutely foretold.  Jesus Himself said "The Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost."  The way of redemption is the way of sacrifice, and the ultimate sacrifice is Jesus' life.
Go back and read the New Testament and tell me if it was only the 12 that were His Disciples.  these were the closest, of all those 3 were even closer and the one dearest to Him was John the Beloved.  
So you try to make excuses for Mohammed's blood thirstiness by saying he led his campaign because he was brave?  Bravery is what we see in Jesus disciples who without sword propagated the Gospel and turned the hearts of many around.  Would Mohammed subject himself to such cruelty in the hands of men for the sake of his blood thirsty god?  I think not.  Rather, he is the tormentor in this case.
If Mohammed is not the author and finisher of your faith, is it Allah (the middle-eastern moon god) who Mohammed was able to disguise as the true God the one who called you to be a muslim?  Stop diceiving yourself.  Shine your eyes, and deliver your soul.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 9:25pm On May 08, 2006
@ TayoD

God bless you my brother. This is obvious even to a blind man. By thier fruits you shall know them.
As free moral agents even God tabernacled in man (Jesus), gave us a choice. He never forced His way on us.
He said I place before you life and death and I advise you to choose life.

Muhammad offered his hellish ways and sent the people to the grave by the sword when they refused. Little wonder generations after, his follwers are still treading the same path.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Logical(m): 9:36pm On May 08, 2006
hmm strange as it may seem, but quite unintellectual.

1. Muhammad is thirsty for blood as acclaimed by you? TayoD, your proof to reach such a deduction? References would be appreciated. Thank you.

if Muhammad is not the author and finisher of your faith, is it Allah (the middle-eastern moon god) who Muhammad was able to disguise as the true God the one who called you to be a Muslim? Stop deceiving yourself. Shine your eyes, and deliver your soul.

Evangelism or trying to be argumentative? I am still trying to figure that out. Anyway the simple question is, did you learn history?

There are Muslims all over the world so are there other different faiths and beliefs, who have basis for their beliefs but the question here is does Islam based on what it preaches encourage aggression?

The message is what is important here not the practice? If the religion does include aggression in its teachings then you have every right to debate in respect, but if it doesn't, I don't see why you would claim it is bad?

Just like someone mentioned the crusade, and you defended it by saying it was the past. Well here we are living in the present and things like that is repeating itself, but still are they following the guidance of their beliefs?

Please only argue objectively with proofs and reasons, stop just throwing words you pick from the dictionary or derived from hatred towards the religion. Sentiments doesn't help in an intellectual discussion, dont you agree ?

Thank you.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 9:37pm On May 08, 2006
That "somebody" is nobody.

As for you, mrlawng,
Have you ever read the Qur'an, the Hadith (traditions and teachings of the Prophet), and Seerat al-Nabwi (Lifestory of the Prophet)? Please, don't say, dismissively, that you've no business reading those. I, as a proud Muslim, have read the bible, psalms, hymns and whatnots in christendom. That's why I could understand everything about your christian religion. If you read the aformentioned, with an open mind, you would understant nd have the answers to your questions. Since I have no way of knowing whether you were sincere in your questioning; nevertheless, I shall do my best to answer you. For so many years, Muhammad and the believers weathered the storm of persecution at the hands of the idolators in Mecca. They later followed Allah's Command to flee their homeland of Mecca. In Medina, the idolators pursued them unrelentlessly by waging many incursions into the Muslim stronghold. Still, the Prophet told the believers not to fight, (even though certain brilliant military commanders and strategists like Umar and Uthman were in their midst) until the permission to fight was given by Allah. So, tell me, why he's a "terrorist. Or, you people in the West are just plain dogmatic that you only repeat what your drunk and messianic political leaders say? My friend, do some reading.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by somebody(f): 9:46pm On May 08, 2006
@ Ajisafe, I can never be a nobody, What I don't understand is why you keep insulting people who express their opinions. I urge you to spend your time thinking of constructive ways to help promote peace among your muslim brothers and sisters that have gone astray. What I expect from a sensible muslim(which is what I get from the ones I know) is that he/she speak up against the senseless killings of innocent people irrespective of the religion of the murderers.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 9:48pm On May 08, 2006
mrlawng,
Please, dont cry for exposing how silly you are. when you just came out of nowhere and quipped: "muhammad was a terrorist. plain and simple" -- that was silly even in the way it was written. Silly and childish.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by MrBean(m): 9:59pm On May 08, 2006
Intellectuals disagree and maintain their civility while at it. You obviously don't belong to this group. It is obvious you guys get violent when people don't see things your way. How come 90% of you are barbaric. Even the so called educated ones like you reply with insults in a civilised discussion. Like TayoD noted you started the trading of insults on this thread and I will not dignify you with an answer. Cheap vulgarities will get you nowhere but then that is the way your prophet muhammad was too.

I am unapologetic about it and I say it again: Prophet muhammad of Islam was a TERRORIST.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 10:12pm On May 08, 2006
mrlawng,
I'm not surprised by your vituperations, that's typical of you and your boot-legging leaders in christendom. They'll kill the stone-throwing youths with evil weaponry, and foolishly call them "terrorists." It's true, the Qur'an says: A bad tree bears nothing but bad fruits. You're a classic example of bad eggs in christendom. Your covers have all been blown! We Muslims owe you no apology. You can scream "terrorism" till eternity. You and your killer-leaders in the West are the BIG TERRORISTS!
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Logical(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2006
90% of muslims are barbaric. Interesting. I rest my case then. Why should I debate with someone that is stereotypical in nature?

Some muslims might be aggressive, I agree. But come to think of it, the whole mess or opinion generated today, is due to the wide coverage by the media after the sept 11 and also the dennish incidents, besides the Palestinian and Israel incidents. Sometimes we forget to put into considerations other war torn countries in Africa and even places like Nepal or even the slightly settle protestant and catholic mess in the UK. All we don't pinpoint because the perpetuators are not Muslims or probably their is no specific propaganda against such, It is really pathetic,
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 10:20pm On May 08, 2006
Some muslims might be aggressive, I agree.

Because some christians are equally aggressive and are killers. That messianic George Bush is living up to this right assertion. Plain and simple!
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Logical(m): 10:28pm On May 08, 2006
@Ajisafe, so Islam preaches an eye for an eye? (I dont think so)

When someone does bad, you should do so in return? Or what are you trying to say?
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by somebody(f): 10:29pm On May 08, 2006
Whatever war George Bush is fighting is done for his country and not for his religion.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Logical(m): 10:35pm On May 08, 2006
ok you might have a point there, but based on what my direction of argument is, I am saying that, when a particular person performs an action whatever his primary intention is, we shouldnt throw a blanket and judge !!

I repeat Bush is a christian, and so what do you say to that? Is what he is doing christianic? Or all the soldiers that invaded Iraq, I am sure 80% of them would be christians? What is your say? Since you claim that your religion plays an important role to your actions and nature in life? Or is it otherwise? Please explain.

Or what does the bible preaches? Tell me?
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Fimmy(m): 10:44pm On May 08, 2006
@ Tayo D
Mohammed is a perfect man the best of all mankind.he lifestyle is an amazing one,he is a perfect man
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by Ajisafe: 12:06am On May 09, 2006
@ Fimmy,
Nice one there. Par excellence.

@ Logical,
You're a reasonable person and I respect you, man. What I'm saying is that these christians are quick to turn the table on the Muslims, calling us "terrorists" violent and so on. Whereas, they're living examples of all that they call us. George Bush and men of his ilk in the GOP and christian fundamentalism have no regards for human lives. To me, there are no differences between George Bush and Osama Bin Laden or that "follow-follow" Blair and Zarqawi. The Western ones are just too timid to go into the trenches and do their evil biddings themselves, so they are sending the innocent kids and school-leavers to go kill and die for them. They're all TERRORISTS! Plain and simple.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by somebody(f): 1:31am On May 09, 2006
@Logical,I do not support Bush's invasion of Iraq but he did what he believed was right for POLITICAL reasons and not because he felt he needed to fight for Jesus/God. His decision to go to Iraq had nothing to do with him being a christain. He does not place christainity before his position as the president of America. So what if 80% of the soldiers in iraq are christain. They are doing their jobs not fighting a war for Jesus. They are serving their country. But that is not the case with the muslim terrorists who kill innocent people in the name of islam. My muslim friends have told me and I believe them, that islam does not support this. However I do have a problem with the other muslims that do not see it as a problem because so so and so did it 900 yrs ago or presidents that are christains are equally killing innocent people. If someone did something wrong in the name of christainity, I would condemn it. I would only start making excuses for that person if I believe that their actions are justified.

Logical:

ok you might have a point there, but based on what my direction of argument is, I am saying that, when a particular person performs an action whatever his primary intention is, we shouldnt throw a blanket and judge !!

Even when these acts of terrorism take place, muslim leaders denounce the actions of these terrorists as those that have been led astray.  Other muslims say these terrorists have misinterpreted the quran. As for judging,  I would condemn any wicked act irrespective of the religion of the person who committed it. That is what I would also expect from good muslims and christains alike.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by TayoD(m): 1:39am On May 09, 2006
Fimmy,
If you call Mohammed a perfect man, what do you call Jesus?
What makes him perfect if I may ask? What good has he done that no other man has done? You deceive yourself, my man.
To claim that he is a perfect man would mean you plan to be like him, right? How can you aspire to marry so many wives? How can you aspire to marry an underage person? How can you aspire lead a war against people whose faith differs from yours? I see no perfection in the man. He is no different than the average sinner on the street who needs the blood of Jesus to make them whole.
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by DaHitler(m): 5:44am On May 09, 2006
They are not over 1 billion muslims today because Muhammed was a really "nice guy". He invaded and killed hundreds of thousands of people to spread the "word of God". It is no different than the way there are over 2 billions christians, because the follows of the "Gods little boy" went on crusades to force non-christians to accept the "love of Christ".
Re: Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People by belloti(m): 10:43am On May 09, 2006
[b]When i started this topic i expected everyone to understand the position of Islam about the percieved muslims aggressions against innocent people. It has being evident that while we profess a religion we may not always abide by its injunctions. If we understand Mr Bush activities as a political killing so also the upheavals in Iraq and other islamic countries. When God chosed the name Islam as a title for our religion it was clear from onset we are enjoined to be peace loving people. Islam is an arabic word for Peace as you may all know.

There is an ugly trend in this forum that portray us as myopic religious bigotS. Its quite unfortunate because i am sure that was not the intention of the administrators. I am a passionate moslem, i pray 5 times daily, i performed my Hajj, i perform my fasting regularly and i try my best to be the best muslim i can be. But i see christians or even Atheists as my brothers and fellow human beings who share the same freedom to practice their choosen faith. I don't judge them and i don't think they are senseless. i just feel we live in a free world. Never in my wildest imagination can i even try to say a nasty thing about The great Jesus of Nazreth, Peace be Upon Him. He was a blessing to mankind.

What we need here is to understand the fact that majority of armed robbers in nigeria are christians does not imply christianity preaching armed robbery and the fact that terrorism is prevalent in muslim countries does not also suggest islam sanction terrorist acts. We all believe in one God and should try as much as we can to be our brothers keepers. Lets not use this forum to disrespect our religious leaders, lets try to be the best human being we can. lets preach love and peace irrespective of our religious differences.

Ofcourse, we are free to seek for clarification on religious issues in a very nice, subtle and decent manners.[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fate And Destiny In Islam / Will He Be Rewarded For Listening To The Qur’aan Without Understanding It? / Manners And Children: 5 Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.