Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> (59562 Views)

Which Trusted Online Shopping Website Can I Buy A Laptop @ A Cheaper Rate? / Mtn Nigeria Network Problems Resolved / ***send Your HTML Bulk Mails Direct To Inbox Using My Online Mailler*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mjay(m): 11:41am On Mar 21, 2013
[b][/b]JUMIA DON PAY MY MONEY OOOOOO. THANK YOU NAIRALAND, AM VERY GRATEFUL. I HAVE SIX MISSED CALLS FROM THEM AFTER I OPENED THE THREAD, THEY TOLD ME THEY ARE PROCESSING IT NOW NOW. IN SHORT MY ALERT DON RING. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR SOLIDARITY. NIGERIA SHALL BE BETTER STILL. BUY FROM JUMIA BUT BETTER STILL CHOOSE THE OPTION TO PAY ON DELIVERY. CASE RESOLVED.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

I ordered and paid for a Tablet from Jumia for (N26,923) on the 11th March. I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

To my shock they called me three days later to inform me that the product is not available and that I should order for something else to which I declined. I asked for a refund and was told the refund will take between 1 - 5 days, it has been more than 8days now and I have been calling them on daily basis to which they keep telling me that it is under process, this to me is kind of FRAUDULENT.

It is an online payment, my experience has always been when online payment for service is unavailable, the fund is sent back to the originating account once all confirmations have been made. I have sent all confirmations, the money is supposed to be returned to the account from which I paid initially. Till Now I am still waiting.

My diliema now is how to retrieve my money, and to also warn unsuspecting customers never to pay before they take delivery of the goods for JUMIA.

Is there anyone in the house that had previously fallen victim of refund? How and when did you get back your money?

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by TableLeg(m): 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
If they advised you will get refund within a period and it extends beyond that ... You are well within your rights to take tackle them for it .... and if need be, seek legal help!
It is out of order ......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by melorious4(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by melorious4(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by kakakibuy(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
Most times, 1-5 days means 1-5 working days.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by cashmentor(m): 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
could have easily ordered it from China, i guess.... Coz most of their orders are from there too, same with Konga....... No offence Bro.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by dare2think: 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nigeria is trying to adapt to online business and its intricacies, inevitably there will be hiccups which also happens to established online businesses.

Why not find out who the owner/manager is and make a report.

If all else fails, tell them you will go online and set up a campaign to inform people of their inadequacies,

Im sure they will cough up your money since the online community is there target audience.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by vosquare: 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: I ordered and paid for a Tablet from Jumia for (N26,923) on the 11th March. I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

To my shock they called me three days later to inform me that the product is not available and that I should order for something else to which I declined. I asked for a refund and was told the refund will take between 1 - 5 days, it has been more than 8days now and I have been calling them on daily basis to which they keep telling me that it is under process, this to me is kind of FRAUDULENT.

It is an online payment, my experience has always been when online payment for service is unavailable, the fund is sent back to the originating account once all confirmations have been made. I have sent all confirmations, the money is supposed to be returned to the account from which I paid initially. Till Now I am still waiting.

My diliema now is how to retrieve my money, and to also warn unsuspecting customers never to pay before they take delivery of the goods for JUMIA.

Is there anyone in the house that had previously fallen victim of refund? How and when did you get back your money?

nigeria cnt b trusted...tank God i no buy enitin

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by megareal: 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
I wish someone will explain the reason for this. Its not all about advertising on every darn site, its about good service delivery. OP, get your money by all means. They have failed on their end.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by cashmentor(m): 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
vosquare: 1st to coment again.........grin grin grin grin

mak nl dey gv mi prize grin grin grin
Mr Burns!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by fermlad: 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
grin cool cool cool....completely on your own!!!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by gluv01(f): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2013

I'm so sorry about that. Perhaps it will be refunded. I'm sure it's in Nigeria. That's why e-commerce is very difficult and fraudulent.
But how do you expect a good to be delivered without payment? And what confirmation do you think they have about you, that payment will be made on delivery? Just be patient, perhaps their process takes long.

And it may be within working days, and you're counting other days too. So sorry, just keep on calling or better still. Go there urself
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ebamma(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?
Panadol tablet

13 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
You have to be patient. Your money will be refunded. It happens to me all the time as i am a regular buyer online. Refund takes 5 to 3 weeks sometimes. It is the responsibility of the financial institutions to perfect the refund, not the selling party. Dont damage the reputation of that company. Be patient. You should at least wait a month before calling them 'FRAUD'.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by matrixme(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
I knew online marketing agents can't be trusted and are bunch of rip offs in a developing country like Nigeria! If you can't walk down to shops around you that you know you can get fairly quality items at bargain prices, then expect different sophisticated means of obtaining from you! Sorry mate, I hope you get a positive response soon!

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by eledalo: 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
megareal: Its not all about advertising on every darn site

Jumia reps please take note of the above. I appreciate the business you are building. I wish you the absolute best of luck but the incessant ads (especially Youtube) piss me off to the point where I don't visit your site to even have a look!
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by bigt2(m): 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
What is a tablet? And why is it that costly? How elevated is ur sickness? Are Jumia staffs sick too? If yes, must you me the one to boy them tablets?

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by ichidodo: 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for the heads up Op.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Burntcoal(f): 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
hmmmmm nawa to jumia oooo. na God say make i wait. i knw there wud be complications from al these online payments. thank GOD for my oga at the top dat said make we wait befor we order the hp lapi. these ple sha na dier graphics dey trip me
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by eledalo: 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
big-t:
What is a tablet? And why is it that costly? How elevated is ur sickness? Are Jumia staffs sick too? If yes, must you me the one to boy them tablets?

grin grin grin grin grin

wow u r so funny.

Dunce.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by jpassion987: 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
If you are giving the assurance that your fund will be refunded no mattter the timelime, then it will be granted. Sometimes, processes could delay decisions.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by redcliff: 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
[size=15pt]Someone has had a similar experience with JUMIA before and it wasnt so good. Why cant they do pay on delivery, That's what GLAMOUR.COM.NG or so did for me when i wanted to get a perfume off their website. I kuku trust my card, e dey quick reject any online payment even if na N1. I heard they had an investment of $23m Pumped into them and i am wondering f they would finish the money on adverts or rather just think and go and build physical malls we can all see In strategic places across the country.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Lordwize(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
newken: You have to be patient. Your money will be refunded. It happens to me all the time as i am a regular buyer online. Refund takes 5 to 3 weeks sometimes. It is the responsibility of the financial institutions to perfect the refund, not the selling party. Dont damage the reputation of that company. Be patient. You should at least wait a month before calling them 'FRAUD'.
y waitn 4 a month, coz is nt ur money ba?

3 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
mjay: I ordered and paid for a Tablet from Jumia for (N26,923) on the 11th March. I only paid after calling them to confirm the availability and was told it was available, I went on to pay online.

I always do my online shopping with JUMIA and KONGA but I engage in payment on delivery!

2 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by missimostate: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
the blame lies on you because why would someone go to jumia.com to buy something?

go to a proper shop like shoprite or samsung store...see the thing before you buy.

Jumia is funded by foreigners thats why you see their ads everywhere. nobody shops there. its useful in checking prices sha.

i dont trust any online business in 9ja.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mjay(m): 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
big-t:

you don craze grin grin

newken: You have to be patient. Your money will be refunded. It happens to me all the time as i am a regular buyer online. Refund takes 5 to 3 weeks sometimes. It is the responsibility of the financial institutions to perfect the refund, not the selling party. Dont damage the reputation of that company. Be patient. You should at least wait a month before calling them 'FRAUD'.
I call incessantly and was told it will take 3- 5 days I guess you dont know what ure saying. Am no stranger to online purchases bro. Not even catlantic where I buy things regularly from ebay had cause to delay either goods or payment that much. Anyway THEY FIRST TOLD ME THE PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE BEFORE I PAYED. (2) THEY ALSO TOLD ME MY REFUND WILL TAKE BETWEEN 3 TO 5 DAYS, soo I didnt make up the numbers.

melorious4: Which type of tablet is been sold for 26k?

INFINIX JOYPAD. I have since bought it from computer villa ( It was even delivered to me at home)

JUMIA REFUND MY MONEY O0000
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
ebamma: Panadol tablet

grin grin grin
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by bigt2(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
eledalo:

grin grin grin grin grin

wow u r so funny.

Dunce.
now thats better, i can now take it as a complement!!

4 Likes

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by mcevans1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
big-t:

You need phensic. grin

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia.com <<Case Resolved!!>> by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
So after all that was said about these jumia thieves, people still patronise them. Please enjoy the hazard.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda's Outfit To "DARK" Premiere / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.