Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. (989 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / Why Everyone Above 20 Years Absolutely Should Start A Business / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. by incometrader(m): 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nigeria is a country with a population of over 150 million and growing rapidly. This means that there’s a ready market for products that fulfill a need or solves a problem. Do you agree with this fact? Read this post on www.topservenigeria..com and make a comment on your thoughts.
Re: Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. by megacash(m): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
It's a good information you have on your blog and it should motivate our students to get started.

Here are some other motivation of successful entrepreneurs from my website: The success story of these entrepreneurs is to show you that starting a business in Nigeria is do able. Here are some case studies to motivate you. Cosmas Maduka, is the president/chairman of Choscharis Group. He started his business journey from a humble beginning.
After seven years of apprenticeship in selling motorcycle spare parts, his uncle gave him a token of N200 to start his own business in 1975. Today he is one of the most successful entrepreneurs in Nigeria. You can read other case studies on this link: http://www.nigeriawebsuccess.com/starting-a-business-in-nigeria.html
Re: Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. by incometrader(m): 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Nice post megacash! Starting a business is really the way to go.
Re: Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. by yusuf01(m): 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
Starting up a business sounds good at first, but it becomes tough when things start to go the direct opposite of what was planned at the beginning.

This is usually the most difficult part of any business venture, this is the point that determines the success/failure of the business.

Most people panic at this point, ditching the business idea all together. This is why most startups fail before the 5th year

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. by sdymanagers(m): 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
Starting a business even as a student is the smartest thing a student can do in these hard times. Apart from making a little money on the side, you learn practical and invaluable business lessons.

Here is my own experience which still helps me till today. I bought a dozen pack of St Micheal pants and came to school to sell them. My friends and room mates "rushed" them on credit to pay later. One week down the line none paid me. By the second week when they still didn't pay, my business went bust because i had no more capital to continue. Thanks but no thanks to my friends. Hard lesson which remains with me and now dictates how i do business with friends.
Re: Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. by yusuf01(m): 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
sdymanagers: Starting a business even as a student is the smartest thing a student can do in these hard times. Apart from making a little money on the side, you learn practical and invaluable business lessons.

Here is my own experience which still helps me till today. I bought a dozen pack of St Micheal pants and came to school to sell them. My friends and room mates "rushed" them on credit to pay later. One week down the line none paid me. By the second week when they still didn't pay, my business went bust because i had no more capital to continue. Thanks but no thanks to my friends. Hard lesson which remains with me and now dictates how i do business with friends.

Hard lesson you learnt there, that's the entrepreneural spirit - never give up, but learn from failures

(1) (Reply)

FLOREAT!!! / How To Raise Your Start Up Capital! / How To Rub A Bank Legally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.