Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? (48947 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Pls. I Have 300k Which Business Can I Do That Will Give Me 2k - 3k Daily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 03, 2014
Please I don't know if am in d right section or not cuz dis is my first time of creating a topic on nairaland, presently am in need of ideas. This is a new year and I don't want it to start and end without me achieving anything.

Am a student in a tertiary institution who lives on campus and have been thinking about venturing into a business that will yield a good amount of profit but the problem is that I can think of anything,the thoughts are not flowing in like I want.

Apart from the fact that I want to break the chains of dependency, I also want 2 help out my mum by having her worry less about me and my siblings, even though she rarely complain abt wat she goes thru daily jst to ensure dat all go well with us, the whole thing is weighing her down and it's having adverse effects on her health.

Please note dat I have just little capital, just want 2 start frm sumwhr. Ur candid advice is highly needed.

Thank u

18 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by mayorall(m): 6:03am On Jan 03, 2014
holuphumy: Please I don't know if am in d right section or not cuz dis is my first time of creating a topic on nairaland, presently am in need of ideas. This is a new year and I don't want it to start and end without me achieving anything. Am a student in a tertiary institution who lives on campus and have been thinking about venturing into a business that will yield a good amount of profit but the problem is that I can think of anything,the thoughts are not flowing in like I want. Apart from the fact that I want to break the chains of dependency, I also want 2 help out my mum by having her worry less about me and my siblings, even though she rarely complain abt wat she goes thru daily jst to ensure dat all go well with us, the whole thing is weighing her down and it's having adverse effects on her health. Please note dat I have just little capital, just want 2 start frm sumwhr. Ur candid advice is highly needed. Thank u

I can help you customise this for your school and you sell to resellers. You make 100-200% gain. If Started with 50k. You will make 50-100k as only gain.

8 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Ricovendetta(m): 9:36am On Jan 03, 2014
mehn! this is real talk you just said it all am also interested too

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2014
Jst checked ur profile now,can I send u a msg on whatsapp? Don't knw hw 2 send a mail on nairaland. Tried sending but I don't knw hw 2 go abt it.

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 03, 2014
[quote author=Ricovendetta]mehn! this is real talk you just said it all am also interested too.
Really,wat ar the options u av considered?
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by naijacutee(f): 9:45am On Jan 03, 2014
Why don't you look around the campus and think about what students need, and provide it for them? This is what most fail-proof businesses are based on -: identifying a need, and fulfilling it competitively. For example, I've just sent from the UK, USB drives to a similar student in your situation. She bought them from me at N950 each, and is reselling at her campus for between N1,800 - N2,000. And students who need it are buying. There might be other things students might be interested in : stationery, etc. All the best.

10 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 03, 2014
@naijacutee,there ar a lot of pple in d phone and software accessories business already,am nt doing my self any favour by going into dat. besides my roomate sells dat already.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by NEROSKY(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by aventura: 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
Soccer betting.

5 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by mrphysics(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
oh God, dis topic is for me, i hav d cash bt i need business i can do as a student, nt d one i will b personally involve like selling recharge card, pen, etc, no i cant do dat myself, some one shud tell me pls
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by NEROSKY(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
holuphumy: Jst checked ur profile now,can I send u a msg on whatsapp? Don't knw hw 2 send a mail on nairaland. Tried sending but I don't knw hw 2 go abt it.

This is what pain me most,, a hol Nl can't have a simple system of contacting members, if u want 2 contact a follow member you will have to go rigorous process tru mail, dats nonsense , i wonder how ppl meet for business or relationship sake on nairaland...

[size=15pt]SEUN[/size] should do something before something do him.... i don't knw what the programmers @ Ota is doing common notification when someone qoutes you you can't even see? check Xda forum for example

about the subject matter, Venture into marketing of products, ladies do it in my school, they earn close to 25k monthly

26 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by 4reigningqueen: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
What is that thing you cant get in school or close by that you need to go far before you can get yet its needed?

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Vivly(f): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
Help write assignments and projects for people.

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by hannne(f): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
what about selling of clothes,shoes and bags.u buy them cheap at the market and sell higher to students.or u can deal with provisions or even tutorial stufs

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by kstyle2(m): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
Just luk 4 somtyn dat pplle r crazy abt...u can get a smal place n start up a viewing centre...u can sell phones esp tecno which is in high demand n quite affordable....if u stay off campus,u can turn ur room 2 'slaughter hous' or 'hous of batiatus'...u go Behind am sha

6 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Etumgbe(m): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
Photocopying centre

4 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by dheaven: 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
Check out the below ideas:
If you’re a first year student in any Nigerian University it’s always wise to draw up a list of scholarship awards available to Nigerian Students just when you gained admission into whatever institution of higher learning you’re at the reason being that from year 2 many Nigerian students are no longer eligible for some of these scholarship awards. The amount awarded as bursary or scholarships could range from N50,000 to N150,000 per annum depending on who is giving the award.

Freelance Article Writing
If you can write well especially articles then during your spare time you could make some cool money for yourself writing for freelance article websites such as odesk and elance. Visit their websites, register, create a portfolio of articles, a professional profile and start writing your way to some cool cash. The money is usually paid via western Union.

Blogging
Are the likes of Linda Ikeji, Omojuwa Japheth, Jide Ogunsanya and Laila Ikeji not enough reason to take to blogging? These people are Nigerians living in Nigeria and making good income from a part time activity as blogging. You actually need less than 4 hours a day to do serious blogging but warning though it’s not an easy road to travel but brace yourself if you’re serious.

Teaching/Tutorials
There are many secondary school leavers who want to gain admission into the University but don’t have someone knowledgeable enough to teach them. Here’s what you can do, arrange for some serious fellow students like you to organize tutorial classes and charge them peanuts. You’ll get a mad rush if they know you teach well but charge little. You can even organize tutorial classes for University students for courses where there’s mass failure or students have difficulty passing.

Freelance Marketing
If you’re not always busy you could use your spare time to help businesses look for customers. There people who pay for referring leads to them or actual buyers who make a purchase for something they’re selling. Good examples of what to market on freelance basis include; Apartments, land, cars and industrial machinery but you have to learn the ropes here and be patient because one good deal could put a lot of money in your pocket.

Other opportunities:
if you are a good barber, you can barb students cheaper than what they pay outside, students are looking for cheap things. if you are good photographer, photography will pay you well. Another sweet way to earn passive income is to have a photocopying machine, students can photocopy everything, even laptops! Lol. there also an opportunity through selling A4 papers.

Another good way of making money on campus is by doing laundry for your schoolmates and doing it very well by employing & adequately supervising the laundryman.

If you have a passion for this service business you can grow it to a multi-purpose dry cleaning enterprise after graduation.

One of the surest way to make money is to b hav a handwork e.g. making shoes beads, soaps ,perfume etc.

Warning!
Some gurus are only after getting N7500, N5000 or N3500 from you in exchange for some rubbish latest internet money making ebooks. Folks, If the business you are planning to venture into is internet-related, please make sure the following are on ground or on their way before you start anything or else you`ll waste your energy, time, feeding money and go home crying with an empty pocket.

1) A laptop - do not use a cyber-cafe, i repeat, do not use a cyber-cafe and don`t even bother buying a desktop computer. Laptops are no longer expensive nowadays.

2) A modem/ good internet connection - after purchasing a modem, unlock it and get access to use 3 networks. You can later upgrade your connection.

Final Warning: Beware Of Scammers.

59 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
be a dancer in Nigeria music video,you dont need much capital at all,cos i would advice you dance only in gospel music video,no brazillian hair,no cream,no bikini etc. Thank me later.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by vizboy(m): 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
this is the best option I have seen.
Etumgbe: Photocopying centre
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Walexz02(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
@op, do you have friends who sale under wears? if no, its a good business
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by mactoni91(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Importing cheap and high quality items from china...
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Francheezy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Yaiiii
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Walexz02(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
vizboy: this is the best option I have seen.
it is noore lucrative on campus...it requires your time and op is a student you know?

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by VivyGift(f): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
Do u av any skill? Lyk making of hair, tailoring, wire works etc

U can also sell Indomie nd egg. This is wot most students do. Going for ushering job is also an option

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
NEROSKY:

This is what pain me most,, a hol Nl can't have a simple system of contacting members, if u want 2 contact a follow member you will have to go rigorous process tru mail, dats nonsense , i wonder how ppl meet for business or relationship sake on nairaland...
is here to correct THAT.

WATCHOUT

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by simongonner: 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Barbing saloon, selling wears,phone repair and sales,selling softwares,phone and laptop configurations e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nudob(m): 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
hmm
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by kazyhm(m): 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by ichommy(m): 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Photocopy, sells of wears, Importation business etc

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by vizboy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Walexz02: it is noore lucrative on campus...it requires your time and op is a student you know?
who says it not lucrative.

When you are in campus it good business,have a lot of friends into it, even photography inside the school compound
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by mazizitonene(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Interesting
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by PrinceJustice(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Try selling the most sought-after materials/texts at a very very cheap rate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Smart/great Business Ideas This 2014 / Liliane Bettencourt Is Dead: World's Richest Woman Dies At 94 / Chicason Recycling Company, Nnewi Opens In Anambra. Buys Refuse From Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.