Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses (20506 Views)

Court Authorizes EFCC’s To Seize Tompolo’s Properties / EFCC To Seize Tompolo's Property / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by bigass(f): 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
The Inspector General of Police has described use of tinted vehicles as unlawful.

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, has directed state Commissioners of Police to arrest vehicles with tinted glasses and prosecute their owners in line with extant laws.

Mr. Abubakar also extended the directive to all Zonal Assistant Inspectors-General of Police (AIGs).

The directive is contained in a statement issued by Frank Mba, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, on Thursday in Abuja.

“Police Officers nationwide have been directed to commence a massive operation aimed at enforcing all existing laws bordering on tinted glasses and the use of unregistered/unlicensed vehicles,” it said.

The statement quoted the IG as describing as alarming and unlawful the use of such vehicles by some motorists across the country.

It also noted with “grave” concern the use of unregistered/unlicensed vehicles by some motorists on the highways in spite of repeated warnings from police authority.

“This unbecoming attitude has the capacity not only to heighten criminal activities but to place unnecessary pressure on security agencies and law abiding citizens,” it said.

The statement noted that their indiscriminate use posed danger as security reports indicated that “`criminal elements including suspected terrorists” hide behind them to execute their nefarious activities.

“The IG wishes to remind Nigerians from all walks of life, including politicians, military and security personnel that the ban on unlawful and indiscriminate use of tinted glasses and legislation forbidding the plying of unregistered vehicles are still in force. He wishes to clearly state that the Nigeria Police will no longer tolerate few misguided Nigerians who abuse the use of tinted glasses and unregistered/unlicensed vehicles. Similarly, owners of unregistered/unlicensed vehicles are advised to immediately register them and obtain appropriate licences or withdraw them forthwith from public roads,” the statement noted.

The statement said that the habit complicated the challenge of effectively policing the country and endangered the lives and property of law abiding citizens.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/126165-nigeria-police-to-seize-vehicles-with-tinted-glasses.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nigeria-police-to-seize-vehicles-with-tinted-glasses
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Toktee(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
Another avenue for ill train and poverty ridden nigerian police to intimidate and make money from people

13 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by eagleeye2: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
What of Cars with Tinted Permit?
I don tire for Nigerian Law Enforcement agent. Everyday na new law.

6 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
ermm, what about those with tinted permit?

4 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by 50calibre(m): 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
If I wanna have tinted glass, I will! i don't give a fu*k. If the hungry inept police men stop me, il bribe then simple.

4 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by dhammer(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Do these people know cars are made from the factories with tints on them? Of all the problems in Nigeria, this is the one noble enough to be tackled. Smh indeed

9 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by collins2good(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Let them try me and see, if i wont send them to Borno State
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by mcevans1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by phaya(f): 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
50calibre: If I wanna have tinted glass, I will! i don't give a fu*k. If the hungry inept police men stop me, il bribe then simple.

Bribe is what they want
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by haysal(m): 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
5th *dancing alingo while singing kukere*
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by PHIPEX(m): 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
The first time I heard that cars with tinted glasses are illegal and will be seized I was in JSS 1, now am a graduate and the IG is still PROMISING to seize, when is the seizing going to start? When are we going to get tired of recycling old news?

Now nobody hears of Okadamen and helmet news again, very soon a new IG or whoever will takeover and still promise to arrest Okadamen that fail to wear helmet.

15 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
the cars that are seized ? what will happen to them ? smh

2 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Paulonminyi: 7:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
D oga at d top wil agree? Dose rich man way d insult police lik deir child on check point? Pray it work
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
All my automobiles are supertint, and they all came factory fitted. Let me see an hungry police stopping me and there will be breaking news.

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
bullshit!! as long as you have a tinted permit, you should be good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Chinwem(f): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
adaobi123: the cars that are seized ? what will happen to them ? smh

To be Parked in IGPs garage

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by hardywaltz(m): 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
yawns
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by lekzy7(m): 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jst passing by
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by StepG: 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
our usuall clueless police have started again with all security vote they could not tackle insecurity they shoulld tell us since when removal of tinted glass became a solution to insecurity after all majority of the tinted users are the same corrupt top shot in govt.places.whoever touches my tinted sienna will know that am heartless than my oga at the top.

5 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
Billyonaire: All my automobiles are supertint, and they all came factory fitted. Let me see an hungry police stopping me and there will be breaking news.

bros, abeg who ask you?
u too dey do aproko.

7 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by myners007: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
MR IG IS ONLY TRYING TO SEEK RELEVANCE.HE SHOULD THINK OF DEVISING MEANS OF TACKLING SECURITY CHALLENGES IN D COUNTRY.CAN D POLICE ARREST ANY OF IG RELATIVE USING TINTEDM IG GO N THINK STRAIGHT PLS
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
I don't think factory fitted tinted cars are affected.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by andyzoga: 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is d IG aware that most of his boys are d real perpetrators of this unregistered vehicles? They drive their car around town without registration. Other paramilitary guys are also not left out.

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Okijajuju1(m): 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
The same police gives permits for tinted glasses and now want to sieze vehicles that have them.

Anyways, my present vehicles. Don't have any but my future cars will all come with tinted windows (factory fitted) and I will obtain the permit to use them from the police and courts. If the windows are artificially tinted, fine the drivers and take them off.. If they are factory tinted, fine the drivers and make them get the proper permits. Simple.. We too like chasing Shadows in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by sureteeboy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
NA TODAY What All nigerian police knows is ÇÄ$#
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by watchindelta(m): 7:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
IG now that wan be ur duty? undecided
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by atine777(m): 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
What of vehicles that are factory fitted tinted? Also newly cleared vehicles, will registered trucks convey it to the owners?
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by YoshiMaster: 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
Seize, seize, seize, jail, jail, jail... all this for traffic offenses, haba!

Why can't they focus on setting up a database whereby they can start giving out fines and be able to follow through on collecting.

All this seize, seize, seize has to stop.

So because I disobey one minute traffic offense, on the way to a very important meeting, I should have my car seized? and I myself taken to the station?

Haba!

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Bambela(m): 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
Who is using tinted n unregisterd vehicle if not security personels? IG should direct his statement to his men n other sister agencies.

1 Like

Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
Law that hold no water.
I v been hearing seizure of vehicles with tinted glass since 1960.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by informatix: 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Chinwem:

To be Parked in IGPs garage
or IG's Farm remember tafa balogun has Jeeps farm 200+ were found there.
Re: Police To Seize Vehicles With Tinted Glasses by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
House is on fire, the owner dey chase rats.

SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cross River Benefited More In Buhari's Administration - Governor Ayade / El-Rufai Replies Lere Olayinka: "Educated Illiterate" / Uzodinma Mocks Okorocha: 'You Can No Longer Walk Freely'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.