Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,466 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons (13165 Views)

3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram / ‘Alamieyeseigha Was On Life Support Before Death’ / Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Maxymilliano(m): 1:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
•How he reached agreement with Yar’Adua

IT emerged in Abuja on Thursday that the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan decided to grant state pardon to former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha for critical political and security reasons.

An official document sighted by the Nigerian Tribune indicated six reasons the government considered Alamieyeseigha’s pardon. According to the document, the government discovered that part of the plea bargain entered into by the former Bayelsa State governor included a presidential pardon, which was to be granted by the administration of President Umaru Yar’Adua.

The document also indicated that the administration has decided to firm up any source of insurgency in the Niger Delta area following growing activities of the radical Islamic sect, Boko Haram, which has put parts of the Northern part of Nigeria under tension.

It was also gathered that the government considered the behavior of the former governor since his release from Prison and confirmed that he has been remorseful and had contributed positively to the rise in the daily oil output of the government from some 700 barrels per day to 2.4 million currently.

The document read in part: “Part of the plea bargain agreement reached with the late President Yar’Adua included a pardon after conviction and jail term, this was not actualised due to Yar’Adua’s death. This was the precedence in 2,000, where a pardon was granted by then President Obasanjo, in the case of perjury and forgery against the convicted former Speaker of the House, Salisu Buhari, immediately upon his guilty plea and subsequent conviction.”

According to the document, said to have emanated from the intelligence arm of the administration, the incarceration of Alamieyeseigha and Asari Dokubo, also coincided with the height in militancy in the Niger Delta and armed struggle which brought down oil production output and that allowing him to engage the youths of the area could have further positive impact on oil production.

The document further read: “The incarceration of Alamieyesiegha and Asari Dokubo, signaled the transformation of the Niger Delta conflict from one of peaceful agitation and on to pipeline vandalism and full blown armed conflict, this was because of the widely held perception in that area of both individuals as selfless advocates of the common aspirations, which subsists to this day.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/7883-real-reasons-alamieyeseigha-was-pardoned-how-he-reached-agreement-with-yar-adua

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by mike404(m): 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
A ti gbo
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by koruji(m): 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
Here we go with the blame Yar'adua excuse.
Stop blaming Yar'adua.

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by ariyebaba(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
ummhhhhh !!! cheesy wink smiley
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by hotwax: 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
Wooooow cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Jonathan is shameless. Lies upon lies
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by symbianDON(m): 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
coc.k and bull story

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
For all those dat wanna kip saying tinz, have u eaten 2day? Then why are you complaing? -myself
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by RedLight1: 2:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
here we go again

when subsidy went wrong .. they blamed yaradua
the stupid pardon is now going wrong ...it is yaradua
every bad thing always start during yaradua's days

but when they complete power project or rail project ...oga at the top get the praise ..they will forget that the same project started during yaradua's days

nonsense

31 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by naijathings(m): 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
too much grammar... Ojoro don dey enter. they wan tell us another story again oh shocked
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by adexsimply(m): 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
just a subtle way of justifying wats wrong...
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Welder(m): 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Very inept adminstration... SMH for Jonadunce
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Ifedechidex: 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Do they think that all Nigerians are foolish... How could they have cooked up such an interesting story??
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Surely, this country is a messed up and lawless country.
Smh
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by kbdrim(m): 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
THIS IS GETTING ME MORE PISSED BY THE DAY. CANT THEY JUST UNDERSTAND THAT THE MORE THEY TRY TO JUSTIFY THEIR STUP1DITY THE MORE RIDICULOUS THEY SOUND. BTW..ISNT THERE A YOUNG MEMBER OF THE AWOLOO FAMILY TO REIN TRIBUNE INTO ORDER. TRIBUNE HAS BECOME THE MOUTH PIECE OF PDP IN THE SOUTH WEST

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by donpetros: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
They'll say anything just to justify thier decision but the truth is that Goodluck is losing respect in the eyes of the common man on the street.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
Red-Light:
here we go again

when subsidy went wrong .. they blamed it on yaradua
the stupid pardon is now going wrong ...it is yaradua
every bad thing always start during yaradua's days

but when they complete power project or rail project ...oga at the top get the praise ..they will forget that the same project started during yaradua's days

nonsense

Meanwhile he was the number 2 man for Yar'Adua . . . I remain humble
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by whirlwind7(m): 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
sure, our government will make all their wrongdoings seem right, and come up with lame excuses for mind boggling things such as this. Whatever reasons they give for the pardon, the message they have given us is that high level corruption and stealing isn't so bad. So long as u got ur allies and cronies in power, anything goes. GEJ and his administration has done nothing but equipped Nigerians with stronger shock absorbers. Yes, nothing surprises us anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
whirlwind7: sure, our government will make all their wrongdoings seem right, and come up with lame excuses for mind boggling things such as this. Whatever reasons they give for the pardon, the message they have given us is that high level corruption and stealing isn't so bad. So long as u got ur allies and cronies in power, anything goes. GEJ and his administration has done nothing but equipped Nigerians with stronger shock absorbers. Yes, nothing surprises us anymore.

With this kinda stuff, give other reasons not to steal? . . . All they get is some time, slap on the wrist, pardon and get their money back and still go into the senate house to dictate how we should live our life. Only in Nigeria
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
I don't need any explanation from the government know that Alams pardon was purely a strategic political move.

If Nigerians see it as endorsement for corruption, I won't be suppressed! After all they see fuel subsidy removal as evil, when on the contrary it would have been one of the best things to have to the country.

Anyway, i have already lost hope in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by OurYansh: 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
R. U. B. B. I. S. H.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by playmode(m): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
[size=15pt]I challenge Jonathan and his bunch of cretins to face me a live debate over this matter.Don't worry i will set up everything on my end because i know you f00ls can't even organize a picnic if your life depended on it.

As mentioned above Mr Jonathan badluck ,prove that you have the balls and face me in a live youtube stream debate that can be accessed by the public.Hey Jonathan's dogs relay my message to your master and if he has the guts ,contact ,me.I will set up everything and send you the link for him to link up to our stream from Aso rock.I will like to face him in a live debate if has the "liver" do so.If his dumb excellency however can not make it ,you can send his foot-mat Reuben Abati to face me as well.Let us see how strong the porch m0nkey is under intellectual pressure.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
noblezone: I don't need any explanation from the government know that Alams pardon was purely a strategic political move.

If Nigerians see it as endorsement for corruption, I won't be suppressed! After all they see fuel subsidy removal as evil, when on the contrary it would have been one of the best things to have to the country.

Anyway, i have already lost hope in Nigeria!

So pardoning him was a smart move . . . what do you think will happen to all the seized money and properties from him?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Samsantos9: 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
There are thousands of poor & remorseful criminals all over Nigeria how many of them have been granted presidential pardon or is it only for the rich?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
Tribune is a PDP lielie paper.
OP na PDP lielie poster.
Its all lies.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by BashMe1(m): 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dead State Of Naija
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by BlackBaron: 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
The further he tries to justify the whole brouhaha, the more stupiid he looks.

'Critical and security reasons' indeed.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by vykte(m): 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
When a decision goes wrong they blame it on yaradua...let them tell dat to d gullible ones n simpleton... ! That means if yaradua had decided to give lagos to Benin Republic GEJ will agree! He sure doesn't do the least than keep Nigerians in bewilderment.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by hotwax: 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
Jonathan should be acting yoruba movies

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by anydek: 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Cock and bull story to defend the clueless retadeen.Shame.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ikpediarukevwe: For all those dat wanna kip saying tinz, have u eaten 2day? Then why are you complaing? -myself
cheesy thief! You copied M.I's verse.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by ifihearam: 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Some foolish people will not still understand why the president pardoned DSP,it was the right thing to do under such circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
more like a scene in 24 wer Nina Myers gets a Presidential Pardon for giving out information dat helps get a terrorist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. / Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC / Yuletide: Enugu Govt Offers Free Enugu-owerri Airport Shuttle For Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.