Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons (13172 Views)

3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram / ‘Alamieyeseigha Was On Life Support Before Death’ / Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by eggheaders(m): 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
the government of gej is the worst calamity to befall Nigerians.he and his fellow dumbbells should just stfu.alams pardon is done so that alams won't open up that they looted the funds together.we ain't. buying those poo anymore.even the 40 lapdogs are overwhelmed with stringing up shyte to defend gej high level of cluelessness.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by EagleNest(m): 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
noblezone: I don't need any explanation from the government know that Alams pardon was purely a strategic political move.

If Nigerians see it as endorsement for corruption, I won't be suppressed! After all they see fuel subsidy removal as evil, when on the contrary it would have been one of the best things to have to the country.

Anyway, i have already lost hope in Nigeria!

Speaking from two sides of the mouth. where exactly do you stand?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Sharrks: 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
Giving a baboon a good name to honor it.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by henrysam(m): 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
eagle,eye:
I believe Alams had Jonathan by the balls. Whatever it is that he is using to Blackmail GEJ is very potent.

This is another direction people are not looking towards.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
henrysam:

This is another direction people are not looking towards.

Still, not enough for him to mortgage the whole nation for his own stupidity . . .Do you know the worth of what that guy stole from his state?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by drnoel: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
yea sure and its so convinient that the only person that could have defended himself on these alegation is dead..
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
drnoel: yea sure and its so convinient that the only person that could have defended himself on these alegation is dead..

I dont agree with that, GEJ was his Vice President, so he MUST be aware of such deal if it was real true . . . But my take on all these is even if the dude was forgiven and pardoned, all the looted money and property should be given back to the state where they are from, cos they belong to that state.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by markpenk: 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
What a joke. We're a country led by the mediocre of mediocres (with the exception of a very tiny few), the lowest of the lows and the grunt. No one should be surprised. I know I aint. Jonathan doesnt know jack and his advisers are just emptyheads. This is why if we know what is good for this country and ourselves, we won't let uneducated (and I don't mean literate) people rule us anymore. If it were in yankee or any civilized society for that matter, they would have considered the potential international implications, political reactions, and diplomatic furore that would follow such a verdict. But GEJ and his cronies are too blinded by full bellies that they don't know their left from their rights.
Maxymilliano: •How he reached agreement with Yar’Adua

IT emerged in Abuja on Thursday that the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan decided to grant state pardon to former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha for critical political and security reasons.

An official document sighted by the Nigerian Tribune indicated six reasons the government considered Alamieyeseigha’s pardon. According to the document, the government discovered that part of the plea bargain entered into by the former Bayelsa State governor included a presidential pardon, which was to be granted by the administration of President Umaru Yar’Adua.

The document also indicated that the administration has decided to firm up any source of insurgency in the Niger Delta area following growing activities of the radical Islamic sect, Boko Haram, which has put parts of the Northern part of Nigeria under tension.

It was also gathered that the government considered the behavior of the former governor since his release from Prison and confirmed that he has been remorseful and had contributed positively to the rise in the daily oil output of the government from some 700 barrels per day to 2.4 million currently.

The document read in part: “Part of the plea bargain agreement reached with the late President Yar’Adua included a pardon after conviction and jail term, this was not actualised due to Yar’Adua’s death. This was the precedence in 2,000, where a pardon was granted by then President Obasanjo, in the case of perjury and forgery against the convicted former Speaker of the House, Salisu Buhari, immediately upon his guilty plea and subsequent conviction.”

According to the document, said to have emanated from the intelligence arm of the administration, the incarceration of Alamieyeseigha and Asari Dokubo, also coincided with the height in militancy in the Niger Delta and armed struggle which brought down oil production output and that allowing him to engage the youths of the area could have further positive impact on oil production.

The document further read: “The incarceration of Alamieyesiegha and Asari Dokubo, signaled the transformation of the Niger Delta conflict from one of peaceful agitation and on to pipeline vandalism and full blown armed conflict, this was because of the widely held perception in that area of both individuals as selfless advocates of the common aspirations, which subsists to this day.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/7883-real-reasons-alamieyeseigha-was-pardoned-how-he-reached-agreement-with-yar-adua
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Maxymilliano(m): 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
drnoel: yea sure and its so convinient that the only person that could have defended himself on these alegation is dead..

Yar'Adua still lives on, be sure to get a response from Segun Adeniyi on the veracity of the claim by the government...
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
These people given excuses on behalf of the president should be ostracized from leadership positions, if not, they will continue to support failures in that country. Why would they be coming out with different excuses as reasons for the pardon?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by ewet: 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
Anoda lame excuse.this is a supposed fact tht can not hold water in the world of common sense.Now they can start lying on the poor dead guy. GEJ shuld not bother to try to keep showing his stupidity right in our faces afterall his spokesperson said he owed nobody any apology.
Our minds are made up already,GEJ must be kicked out 2015. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Red-Light:
here we go again

when subsidy went wrong .. they blamed yaradua
the stupid pardon is now going wrong ...it is yaradua
every bad thing always start during yaradua's days

but when they complete power project or rail project ...oga at the top get the praise ..they will forget that the same project started during yaradua's days

nonsense
Nothing is going wrong. If anything is going wrong, it will be in your warped mind.

Yes, Alams and co were granted pardon by the president and council of state. Whether you like it or not, it has been done.

If there was an agreement between Yar Adua and Alams to pardon Alams after conviction, dont we have the RIGHT to know? The report said such agreement exists, those who think it doesn't exist should speak out with reasons. After all many foot solders of the Yar Adua govt are still alive.

What I discovered is that the haters (those who lost at 2011 elections) just want to hear only negative news about GEJ or the govt. Any positive news MUST be shouted down. But if its a negative news, they'll welcome it by popping champagne.

The fact must be stated, every news, whether negative or positive, should be given its pride of place. Those who disagree should do so with superior logic.

About the subsidy issue, the real story behind the subsidy crisis was written by none other than Olusegun Adeniyi, the then Yar Adua spokesperson. Who wrote:

"it ws d reduction of d pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 dat triggered d increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used dat reduction to gain some level of legitimacy,following wide condemnations dat trailed hs election.
D FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 preventd yar'adua from total removal of subsidy cos he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled 2 saudi 2days b4 d policy could be effectd & never came back" (olusegun adeniyi - politics,power n death)
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by killuminati(m): 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
symbianDON: coc.k and bull story
In other word, toto and prick story
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Praktikals(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Jonathan's Oga @ d top

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by victor2exl(m): 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
Nigeria is a Joke.....
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Praktikals: Jonathan's Oga @ d top

Thanks for that pix . . .
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by free2ryhme: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
The more you lie the more lies you need to back your previous lies. In d end you make inconsistencies evident and your folly detected
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by matooto: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
noblezone: I don't need any explanation from the government know that Alams pardon was purely a strategic political move.

If Nigerians see it as endorsement for corruption, I won't be suppressed! After all they see fuel subsidy removal as evil, when on the contrary it would have been one of the best things to have to the country.

Anyway, i have already lost hope in Nigeria!

From what I can see here, you did not just lost hope. You have no hope at all and that has obviously blurred your reasoning. We the majority have not lost hope in Nigeria.

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by WaleLeemson: 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Bull shit story
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Maxymilliano(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for that pix . . .
You'll surely like this as well...

Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
^^^ I beg keep them coming . . .
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Yes, Alams and co were granted pardon by the president and council of state. Whether you like it or not, it has been done.

Stop being a divisive fool! Pardons can be granted ONLY by the PRESIDENT ! The Council of state members might acquiesce, but in the end its the President's call. Lemme ask you 2 quick questions since you think everyone else is as st.upid as you are:

1. Can the Council of State grant pardons without the authority of President?

2. Can the President grant pardons without the agreement of the Council Of State?

Ok then, mo.ron!
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by escobar07(m): 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
This is a ruse. BS!
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Dee60: 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
Its not for economic reasons again as Okupe claimed. What will they think of next? Our government and their uncountable number of aids seem to be in tatters.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by IYANGBALI: 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
mike404: A ti gbo
amo a gba
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by cristog120: 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
dey don come again oleeeee.wrong timing.it should ve been done if at all while leaving office.this action just made this administration worse that excreta
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
cristog120: dey don come again oleeeee.wrong timing.it should ve been done if at all while leaving office.this action just made this administration worse that excreta

Yet, Nigerians would vote them back into office . . .
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by adoniza(m): 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Only in a failling state
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by solopumpy227: 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
If I were President Jonathan I would just forget about 2015 re-election and focus on putting Thomases to shame on my ability to deliver good.

President Jonathan keeps making serious mistakes because he focusses too much on 2015 rather than serving his present term successfully. He wants to be praised yet he has nothing to command people's respect.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
solopumpy227: If I were President Jonathan I would just forget about 2015 re-election and focus on putting Thomases to shame on my ability to deliver good.

President Jonathan keeps making serious mistakes because he focusses too much on 2015 rather than serving his present term successfully. He wants to be praised yet he has nothing to command people's respect.

Like he actually blvs in himself . . tongue
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Ijebulogic(m): 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
The first lady is fine, she just went to rest...actually she had food poisoning but is fine now - okay it was a tummy tuck, no she has a serious ailment and Nigerians should pray for her, I mean...she is fine, she just went on vacation, I saw her when I went for the UN meeting. We must thank God, she died and rose up again after 7 days like Lazarus and her friends had sold all her properties. .....Now let me tell you the real truth about Alamieyeseigha, listen carefully...the truth about the pardon is......
Re: Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons by Fhemmmy: 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
^^^^ Lol . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai Boasts, "We Have Prepared PDP's Obituary And Tombstone." / Aba Erupt Into Massive Protest As Military Begin To Pull Off The Street-pics / Benjamin Kalu: Buhari, Ministers Should Cut Cost Of Governance Before NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.