Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,742 members, 7,837,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! (478142 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 2:07pm On May 05, 2013
idris4r83: There's a medical condition called athletic heart syndrome (AHS). It is common to athletes that undergoes strenuous training. It is not a disease but an adaptation of d heart to pump blood efficiently to the body. It causes thickening of the left ventricle of the heart. My point here is that in an electrocardiogram result it is difficult to distinguish it from a serious heart disease. doctors let's discuss dis
This is a good post man.
As for athletic heart syndrome it is actually very difficult to detect it using the ECG alone this is because besides AHS there are other heart disease condition that can produce same results during routine diagnostic scrutiny for individuals with AHS.
In order for an experienced physician to screen you, he must first know your history before subjecting you to laboratory text.
It is advisable for you to tell your physician that you do exercise on regularly bases.
There are varieties of medical text that can be used to detect AHS and these include:
Patients history, Chest x ray(CXR), ECG and echocardiography.
Echocardiography can be used to distinguish between physiologic and pathological conditions.
For my pals who do static or dynamic exercise regularly you are likely to have AHS but that shouldn't scare you because it is not a disease. It is actually your heart trying to adapt to various stress and aerobic conditiöns by becoming enlarge giving rise to what is termed cardiomegaly and bradycardia at rest ( sinus bradycardia). Your heart size can actually come to normal if you have AHS. When you stop doing exercise for 3 months or there about your heart size tends to come to its normal shape and your heart rate becomes normal.
For non athletes, when you are diagnosed of bradycardia, coupled with cardiohyperthropy and cardiomegaly that will authomatically disqualify you. This is because you are at a higher risk of having heart related issues during exercise. It would be better of if you do routine medical check up now.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 2:20pm On May 05, 2013
fsb:

dude, at this point of your life it is expected that you should have gained more wisdom to know when to speak and when to shut up...na sabi sabi be your problem. I have more than an MBBS for your info young man.
Quacks.
grin SO I SHOULDN'T SPEAK WHEN A MEDIC IS BREAKING GROUNDS WITH ERROR. Your degree level doesn't matter to me. Your knowledge is what matter, because if you have a degree more than MBBS and yet can write rubbish here, I wönder how you would treat your patients. God help the military, God help Nigeria. grin
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by fsb(m): 2:40pm On May 05, 2013
emmanuel4fire:
Quacks.
grin SO I SHOULDN'T SPEAK WHEN A MEDIC IS BREAKING GROUNDS WITH ERROR. Your degree level doesn't matter to me. Your knowledge is what matter, because if you have a degree more than MBBS and yet can write rubbish here, I wönder how you would treat your patients. God help the military, God help Nigeria. grin

complete dumb f&@k...sabi sabi. If you don't know basic pathophysiology only God can help you. In the mean time, go and pass MRCP and USMLE before you are ready to talk medicine with me. If you don't get shortlisted na that time your eye go clear...
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 2:51pm On May 05, 2013
sanilistic: doctors in the house i have this sudden high blood pressure reading of 140/100 and at times it goes up 2 like 150/110 consistently and i do joggins 3 days a week, but i still cant find any significant drop. the only way it goes down to like 120/80 is when i take a bp drug. my question to the doctors is that can somebody be screened out 4 having such a high blood pressure or can taking blood pressure medication be detected in the urine and blood test cos am scared of not having issues
Yea the metabolites of most antihypertensive agents can actually be detected during routine diagnosis, but I dön't think such test will be carried out at the camp ground.
Then as for you h.b.p probs it will be better to do your body mass index (BMI), that is check for your height and weight which will be calculated to give your BMI. And then also take hearts healthy diets such as food that contain Omega 3 fatty acid, garlic, wallnuts etc. If possible stop taking salt and also jung foods(as in processed food). This is because processed foods contain heavy fatty chain. Then try and reduce psychological stressful activities. Stop taking alcohol and ganja if you do. With this I believe your b.p. will return to normal. Then also check your B.P and whenever funny symptoms arise see your doctor.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 05, 2013
KAI! U GUYS SHOULD STOP DIVERTING THIS THREAD 2 ANOTHER THING, IT WASN'T CREATED 4 UNNECESSARY ARGUMENTS. BETTER SET UP UR OWN HOSPITAL IF U'RE TOO GOOD.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Didiben(f): 2:58pm On May 05, 2013
Come on guys!!!! wht's wit da "F" word,its rlly uncalled4.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 2:59pm On May 05, 2013
fsb:

complete dumb f&@k...sabi sabi. If you don't know basic pathophysiology only God can help you. In the mean time, go and pass MRCP and USMLE before you are ready to talk medicine with me. If you don't get shortlisted na that time your eye go clear...
With you Nigerian doctors are in big problem. As for your pathophysiologic knowledge it is vague to me because your medical terminology are out of form. If I were you I would be ashamed that with my degree in medicine a first degree holder is challenging your authority. Having million degrees does not guarantee you, what matters is what your brain carries.
My advise is that you shouldn't mix up terms and try to update yourself because you deal with human lives and not toys. grin
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 3:23pm On May 05, 2013
TAE-KWON-DO:
KAI! U GUYS SHOULD STOP DIVERTING THIS THREAD 2 ANOTHER THING, IT WASN'T CREATED 4 UNNECESSARY ARGUMENTS. BETTER SET UP UR OWN HOSPITAL IF U'RE TOO GOOD.
grin BROS NO VEX. Just that we need to correct somethings in Nigeria. Am really not happy with the kind of doctors we have this days. They only go to school to increase their degree and forget knowledge. Even some Nurses and paramedics can give better treatment than some doctors can.
All the same bros no vex. grin
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Didiben(f): 3:35pm On May 05, 2013
@emma 4rm da way u relate wit others,i can tell ur a nice person;dis is so nt u.y nt be da bigger man & apologise,sincerely;it'll take nothing 4rm u sir.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 3:53pm On May 05, 2013
Didiben: @emma 4rm da way u relate wit others,i can tell ur a nice person;dis is so nt u.y nt be da bigger man & apologise,sincerely;it'll take nothing 4rm u sir.
Pals I apologise. Am sorry the way I acted.
@fsb I am truely sorry, lets bury the hatchetcheesy
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by fsb(m): 4:13pm On May 05, 2013
emmanuel4fire:
Pals I apologise. Am sorry the way I acted.
@fsb I am truely sorry, lets bury the hatchetcheesy

no p....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by cyril83(m): 4:38pm On May 05, 2013
Noise makers thread....professional doctors don't make noise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Didiben(f): 5:06pm On May 05, 2013
Dat'gud guys,hope 2see u guys there.@emma u try,u no fall my hand.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 5:14pm On May 05, 2013
cyril83: Noise makers thread....professional doctors don't make noise.
Noise is paramount in life. Cyril you must make noise and be obedient before you can scale through in life. The most quiet place on earth is the cementary, it's a place full of dead knowledge.
Medicine today is rational because so many scientist made scientific noise and arguements to counter the bizzare and traditional notions that once resisted mans reasoning. Even a woman in labour needs to make some noise to support uterine contraction during delivery. A baby must also make some noise during and after delivery, if not he will be beaten on his bum.
So also is life Mr Cyril. When you get to the camp don't keep silence when they ask you question. Have a ruling spirit and lead other potential military personnel from your state and with this and your physical stamina, as well as medicals I bet, you will scale through.
Don't forget this " NOISE IS PARAMOUNT IN LIFE.
AFTER WAR THERE IS PEACE. After arguements there is bound to be settlement and only an humble and mature person will apologise. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 5:32pm On May 05, 2013
Didiben: Dat'gud guys,hope 2see u guys there.@emma u try,u no fall my hand.
I'm humbled sir. I NO FIT FALL MY OGA HAND. Den no born me well if I try am. Tuale baba grin
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Didiben(f): 5:51pm On May 05, 2013
Lol am a ma'am @ emma;anyway,nothing do you........
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by idris4r83(m): 6:41pm On May 05, 2013
Am kinda addicted 2 dis thread. This is d only thing I check on nairaland. ;DAm kinda addicted 2 dis thread. This is d only thing I check on nairaland. Lol
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by idris4r83(m): 6:42pm On May 05, 2013
Am kinda addicted 2 dis thread. This is d only thing I check on nairaland. This is d only thing I check on nairaland. Lol
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by fsb(m): 6:57pm On May 05, 2013
most of the other threads are .... anyway, folks keep posting your questions. Not everyone would get shortlisted but the worst thing that can happen to you is to get sent home because you were too laid back to check your blood pressure or blood sugar.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 7:54pm On May 05, 2013
Didiben: Lol am a ma'am @ emma;anyway,nothing do you........
cheesy thanks madam Didi.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Didiben(f): 8:15pm On May 05, 2013
Pls is it necessary we go 2our respective local gov;cnt a senior rankin officer 4rm our place sign da form?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by idris4r83(m): 9:05pm On May 05, 2013
Didiben: Pls is it necessary we go 2our respective local gov;cnt a senior rankin officer 4rm our place sign da form?
yes na
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 05, 2013
fsb:

HCM is the most common cause of sudden death in the sports demographic...if you hear that a footballer died while on the field, its most likely due to HCM.

they develop hypertrophy of the left ventricle but also of the interventricular septum. they have mild to moderate outflow obstruction on the left side as well as decreased left ventricular compliance. Usually death occurs from V tach or V fib. The risk of death is relate to the degree of thickness of the LV.

there is also a genetic component so maybe that's why not all footballers die from it.
thumb up
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 05, 2013
sanilistic: doctors in the house i have this sudden high blood pressure reading of 140/100 and at times it goes up 2 like 150/110 consistently and i do joggins 3 days a week, but i still cant find any significant drop. the only way it goes down to like 120/80 is when i take a bp drug. my question to the doctors is that can somebody be screened out 4 having such a high blood pressure or can taking blood pressure medication be detected in the urine and blood test cos am scared of not having issues
it is obvious u hv hypertension, go for evaluation because some cases of hypertension in young ppl is associated/caused by kidney diseases
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 05, 2013
idris4r83: i dont know if u can be screened out 4 having high bp, but d answer 2 ur second question is yes they can be detected in the urine if they are specifically testing for it. but mainly why urine test is done is to 1.check if theres a protein in ur urine which may mean u have a problem with ur kidney 2.if theres blood in ur urine which also points 2 ur kidney or bladder, 3.if theres sugar in ur urine which indicates diabetes. i will advice u 2 go for the urinalysis cos high bp is treatable if d cause is detected early and i will suggest u reduce ur salt intake and improve on your exercise. try 2 c ur doctor for more advice.
hypertension will certainly eliminate him
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by idris4r83(m): 9:44pm On May 05, 2013
joker5180: it is obvious u hv hypertension, go for evaluation because some cases of hypertension in young ppl is associated/caused by kidney diseases
I think stress and anxiety can also be a factor. Anyway, U and E will will show him what 2 do next.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by austinemar: 10:15pm On May 05, 2013
emmanuel4fire:
With you Nigerian doctors are in big problem. As for your pathophysiologic knowledge it is vague to me because your medical terminology are out of form. If I were you I would be ashamed that with my degree in medicine a first degree holder is challenging your authority. Having million degrees does not guarantee you, what matters is what your brain carries.
My advise is that you shouldn't mix up terms and try to update yourself because you deal with human lives and not toys. grin

Mchww! this Empty brain again...
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by cyril83(m): 7:52am On May 06, 2013
We have so many online doctors on this thread but yoruba education or fine art graduates in real life.

Doctors don't argue what they know.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Ajalagideon: 8:16am On May 06, 2013
6days 2d closure of d form. God I need ur help. I trust my God He can never disappoint me. He always shows me favour.
Pray dis prayer, Oh God, do not let pple of dis World ask me where is ur God in dis recruitment exercise.
God will not negnect us in Jesus Name.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 8:54am On May 06, 2013
austinemar:

Mchww! this Empty brain again...
Empty brain fellow. grin
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 8:55am On May 06, 2013
Ajalagideon: 6days 2d closure of d form. God I need ur help. I trust my God He can never disappoint me. He always shows me favour.
Pray dis prayer, Oh God, do not let pple of dis World ask me where is ur God in dis recruitment exercise.
God will not negnect us in Jesus Name.
Amen.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 9:19am On May 06, 2013
cyril83: We have so many online doctors on this thread but yoruba education or fine art graduates in real life.

Doctors don't argue what they know.
Say what you know young man. Medicine is what it is today because people argued and prooved beyond reasonable doubt. In those days medicine was based on traditional and supersticious believes. It was not until the 18th century when Claude Bernard and Co. began using experimental evidence to argue out and replace the bizarre notions that was once purported by traditional and supersticious believes. Even when Galilee Galileo told the world that the Earth revolves round the Sun, our Popes, Cardinals and Bishops refuted his claims and accepted Ptolemy views that the Sun revolves round the earth and that the earth is the centre of the universe. Today, because of Galileos and Newtons arguement this has given rise to what we called modern day technology.
In Nigeria today no one seems to ask questions because of fear of the unknown. Lets always argue matters in life especially when it seems vague.
Remember " ARGUEMENT IS IMPORTANT IN LIFE" .
WHEN YOU GET TO THE CAMP AND THEY ASK YOU QUESTION DÖN'T ANSWER, DON'T ARGUE AND PROOF TO THEM WHAT YOU KNOW AND WAIT TO PASS AUTOMATICALLY.
This is my believe " we argue to settle" . cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (203) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only) / Diamond Bank Test / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.