Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote (22051 Views)

poem: nna anyi,is it true, Tribute To Chinua Achebe By Dike Chukwumerije (video) / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by Donmichaelz(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
"The leader of a Mob is lion to his enemies,a tiger to his gang,a wolf to the people on the street and a Dove in the presence of his Mother"
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by igbosunny: 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
How can a man who has killled five men in battle fall to pieces because he has added a boy to their number........Things Fall Apart
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by expensive007(m): 12:03am On Mar 24, 2013
'Am the death that kills a man in the day that his life is so sweet to him'. Achebe - things fall apart
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by Eziachi: 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
When a man on his journey out defecate in the middle of the road, on his return journey, flies will follow him home-Chinua Achebe

Its not for nothing a dog follows a big belly man, because the dog knew if he does't defecate, he will vomit- Chinua Achebe

When a young boys has got to a matured age and starts questioning who or what killed his father, whatever killed his father will easily kill him too-Chinua Achebe.

A man can't be carrying a whole carcases of an elephant on his head but uses his toes searching for a cricket- Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by skyra: 12:54am On Mar 25, 2013
We often stand in the house of a coward to point at where a brave man once lived- THINGS FALL APART

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 25, 2013
mollytinrox: My best quote
"We sometimes stand in the compound of a coward to point at the ruins of a great man's house".

Things fall apart.
#RIP Uncle Chimua

I never read any of his books( probably because am an engr) but this got me ready to read all his books
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 25, 2013
doofanc: Wow! Such beautiful quotes! D man was really an icon.

You can say that again and again...i nevr knew he was this Huge to the whole world,.... Thinhs fall apart sold more than 100 miliion, translated in more than 77 languages, probably second to the BIBLE and he was just 28 yrs when he wrote it shocked shocked shocked
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by Mynd44: 8:40am On Mar 25, 2013
kayci_d77:

You can say that again and again...i nevr knew he was this Huge to the whole world,.... Thinhs fall apart sold more than 100 miliion, translated in more than 77 languages, probably second to the BIBLE and he was just 28 yrs when he wrote it shocked shocked shocked
Did you just say 100 million copies? WTF are you on?
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by omonnakoda: 10:13am On Mar 25, 2013
Mynd_44:

Notice he said PROBABLY second to Bible. Even that is not certain and perhaps it has sold more.The guy is the Almighty himself.

Here are a few of his quotes

Do not be deceived I am not mocked
Vengeance is mine
Touch not my anointed(Ibo)
......Achebe
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by thrugemaster(m): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2013
He always said that whenever he saw a dead man's mouth, he saw the folly of not eating what one had in one's lifetime....

Unoka....... Things fall apart
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by Magicdon(m): 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
Mynd_44:
pls wat is the meaning WTF?
Re: What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote by Yungsavor(m): 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2013
I compose his 4 book as my quote to him
When the arrow of God is fire, thing fall apart and the man of the people is no longer at ease.
RIP the giant eagle from d mythical forest of literature.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words / Sequel To "without A Silver Spoon" By Eddie Iroh / The New Story Of Harry Potter And The Cursed Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.