Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

DAAR Communications Shares - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / DAAR Communications Shares (22135 Views)

FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE / What Has Happened To DAAR Communications Shares? / Help, Daar Communications Limited Shares! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DAAR Communications Shares by rubyno(m): 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
Did You Buy Shares From DAAR Communications?

Pls fellow Nairalanders,

I bought shares from Daar Communications since 2008 and got the certificate thereafter but nothing else (I mean no kobo received as dividend).

Anybody with same experience here? Is it normal or something is wrong?

I need advice.

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 4:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
The owner of daar dupe the public big time they came to the market at 5 naira per unit after a six months everything fell to .50kobo per unit and upon that they are still oweing fidelity bank roughly six billion with no hope of paying back. All this was done under the watchfull eye of sec, nsc under the able chairmanship of prof. Okereke onyuku.
Let us hope that something might be done about it under the new sec boss.

7 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
That was what also happen to transcop 7naira. Starcoms 13naira and a host of others. Under the auspices of the able proffesor.

3 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by rubyno(m): 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
So, my money don go be dat?

3 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
rubyno: So, my money don go be dat?
no ur money never go. This new sec boss is doing something about it. She is forcing daar to repay the loan back to fidelity so for them to move farward. If you want to know more cheak this link below http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201303220183.html/

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by rubyno(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
wow, tnx for dat link and info. I hope dey'l start giving me some change as dividend.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by firstolalekan(m): 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
^^^^
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by 18wheeler: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
I also bought same shares in '08. Have written mine off as bad investment. If I ever recover them, it'll be bonus for me.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2013
DAAR is fraud. They can't even pay workers, how do you think they'll pay dividends?

3 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by a1solution: 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
rubyno: So, my money don go be dat?
it maybe o cos Naija anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by bigx(m): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
Lol, everyone that bought experienced the same thing, it never was a viable company even from the prospectus, plus that its had many setbacks.
I've no knowledge of the management though so can't speak on that, just thank God I didn't follow my brokers advice to buy then.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by anonimi: 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
Omexonomy: no ur money never go. This new sec boss is doing something about it. She is forcing daar to repay the loan back to fidelity so for them to move farward. If you want to know more cheak this link below http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201303220183.html/

And the over-fed woman dey make gra gra over all the 419 wey she hammer for her reign as SEC chair.
Is it not the same new woman oga at the top for SEC, Arunma Oteh wey the SINators and legisLOOTERS in Abuja wan harrass and intimidate
Naija we hail thee! And the mugus who did not understand what was going on dey join to harrass the Oteh woman. What a shame. And na so we go dey say 9ja problem na leadership. Thanks to oga Jona for keeping her. Great resolve from a resolute leader.

3 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
That is Fraud, Please report them to the EFCC, last I checked, that's what EFCC was inaugurated to handle and not chasing shadows.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by instaforexngr(m): 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
i bought same shares then
over 5000 units of daar shares
i have taken it as a loss already
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Uziehot(m): 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
I bought it 2.bt i'v written it off as a bad investment. Bt if there's goin 2 b any hope,i'l gladly embrace it.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Nuzo1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
With all the reports about AIT on non salary payment, bank debts, job insecurity and court cases. I found it hard to believe that some folks went ahead to buy shares in the company.

Most Nigerians were share crazed in 2008.

4 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by anonimi: 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
BTW, can the defrauded investors not do a class action suit against

* the directors of the company,
* auditors
* stockbrokers
* all others involved in the IPO.

is it possible in Nigeria

Shebi our laws na copy copy from dem oyinbo countries!

3 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by nnalove(m): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
Even me 2. I bought their shaa Through my broker. Can't remember d last time i call or have a words wit my broker since world economic recession. Not interested in share anymore cos my 100sth k is still wating d.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by free2ryhme: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
i know buy any shares .. i know lose any money

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
Billyonaire: That is Fraud, Please report them to the EFCC, last I checked, that's what EFCC was inaugurated to handle and not chasing shadows.
it is not under the jurisdiction of efcc it is the duty of the sec and house of assembly representing you and me at the federal level that suppose to deal with these thieves. Look at the market, they were all rushing to steal people money under the help and support of IPO and the yeye prof. Okereke onyuku.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
Omexonomy: it is not under the jurisdiction of efcc it is the duty of the sec and house of assembly representing you and me at the federal level that suppose to deal with these thieves. Look at the market, they were all rushing to steal people money under the help and support of IPO and the yeye prof. Okereke onyuku.
Well, I thought it was Economic and Financial Crime.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by newbourn02: 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
I also bought shares worth of #5000 frm DAAR communication since den i hav'nt receive anytin frm dem, plz our government i mean gov of niger come to our aid ooooo, frm d one called follow nigerian.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
anonimi: BTW, can the defrauded investors not do a class action suit against

* auditors
* stockbrokers

they have never realse any result b4. They have never call for AGM before. So how are we going to voice our mind
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
anonimi: BTW, can the defrauded investors not do a class action suit against

* auditors
* stockbrokers

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by vanstanzy(m): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
DAAR communication as it were has a very, very stiff competition out in the market. They really haven't being doing

much progress either, their cable TV is really very expensive and i don't think it offers much. So i won't be surprised

if their shares are falling.

Sorry dude, that's what comes with investment, u win some, u lose some. undecided undecided
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by mu2sa2: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
The Daar Communication IPO was a fraud. Unfortunate that u are a victim of Raymond Dokpesi scam contrived in collusion with SEC.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by vanstanzy(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
I don't want to say the company is hounded by MISMANAGEMENT. But where the Management keep employing his brothers and

sisters, no matter whether experienced or not (U know who am referring to!), the company couldn't possibly stand the

test of time.

Lesson 1: Consider the board members and employees of a company before buying into it.

2 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
Nuzo':
With all the reports about AIT on non salary payment, bank debts, job insecurity and court cases. I found it hard to believe that some folks went ahead to buy shares in the company.

Most Nigerians were share crazed in 2008.
seriously speaking, they told every body lies and sec kept quiet playing along deciving fellow nigerians

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by obowunmi(m): 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
Aruma Oteh.....go back and read what I wrote about her when folks on here were criticizing her without knowing the real story.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by 222Martins(m): 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2013
Welcome to the investment world.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Emusan(m): 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
I bought it also in '08 and my cert was issued to me but I haven't recieved any shishi..... Gov shuld help us ooooo

#teamDaar
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
vanstanzy: I don't want to say the company is hounded by MISMANAGEMENT. But where the Management keep employing his brothers and

sisters, no matter whether experienced or not (U know who am referring to!), the company couldn't possibly stand the

test of time.

Lesson 1: Consider the board members and employees of a company before buying into it.
seriously speaking, they told every body lies, they they told us that all thier family member are very qualify and sec kept quiet playing along deciving fellow nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations / 5 Financial Mistakes That Keeps Making You Go Broke / How Can I Invest N9,000??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.