Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

DAAR Communications Shares - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / DAAR Communications Shares (22109 Views)

FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE / What Has Happened To DAAR Communications Shares? / Help, Daar Communications Limited Shares! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by tellwisdom: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
Dare communication?? Na telephone company?? sad
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by InvertedHammer: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

...or banged with InvertedHammer

Crazy boy grin grin grin grin
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by IgweOO(m): 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
Unless your strategy is long-termed, never buy on IPO. At every IPO, the equity is suspended from trading and when it eventually starts trading, the price plummets until it hits its base/actual value to determine whether it would increase or fall further. The reason is, for almost all IPO's, the price determination is based on "guess work" and not the actual stock value. Im sure most of the guys here bought on IPO. I tell my mama same thing with regards to Transcorp, now she dey cry too.

Unless your strategy is long-termed, never buy at IPO.

If it was in a better investment clime, the Daar Communicaion would have offered themselves for a buy over but you know naija na. Them mind go be, "how I go open business, another person go come buy am for small change, come become the CEO" when obviously the business has lost lifeline.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by ypzilanti: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2013
Dokpesi is a scam artist. All the money from that IPO was chopped. The company does not hold AGMs which is illegal, but yet no one deems it fit to toss the guy and his bunch of directors into a jail cell. A public company with no public records of financial transactions? Only in Nigeria. The same effing company will now go on air to talk about corruption. Their Mama...fuccckkkers.

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Paentera(m): 11:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
I marvel when I read about the sort of comments of those on this thread. I am certain 99% of those who bought the shares did not read the prospectus or learn about the risks involved in buying an IPO. All they knew was that DAAR communications was selling shares and shares were a fast way of making money.

Many did not do any form of detailed research about the company or get professional help to learn about its past financial results therefore were unable to make informed decisions about the IPO. Investing is serious business, all the finer points should be analysed however we use our hearts to invest as a result of sentiments and get bitten. Like someone pointed out earlier - IPOs take time to mature and are usually hold or long term stocks. Last time I checked, DAAR Communications was still listed and any shareholder has a right to go to their registered office to ask for a copy of their latest audited financial records - something they have to file with SEC & CAC.

If you have proof showing that you can confirm that the business is run as a scam or you are not being paid your due while the management are living large, then you can invite the authorities or sue the company to the court of law.

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by ypzilanti: 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
Paentera: I marvel when I read about the sort of comments of those on this thread. I am certain 99% of those who bought the shares did not read the prospectus or learn about the risks involved in buying an IPO. All they knew was that DAAR communications was selling shares and shares were a fast way of making money.

Many did not do any form of detailed research about the company or get professional help to learn about its past financial results therefore were unable to make informed decisions about the IPO. Investing is serious business, all the finer points should be analysed however we use our hearts to invest as a result of sentiments and get bitten. Like someone pointed out earlier - IPOs take time to mature and are usually hold or long term stocks. Last time I checked, DAAR Communications was still listed and any shareholder has a right to go to their registered office to ask for a copy of their latest audited financial records - something they have to file with SEC & CAC.

If you have proof showing that you can confirm that the business is run as a scam or you are not being paid your due while the management are living large, then you can invite the authorities or sue the company to the court of law.

Your post has not explained why they have never held an AGM since the IPO. Where are the companies books for all to see? Or is it not a public company? use your head my broda. That i why i boldly called it a scam operation. Where are the billions from the IPO? Just watch AIT and look at the studios. the studios look like someone's living room or closet.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by rororo: 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2013
Buying any shares from Nigerian owned company is a big risk, even when the company is paying dividend,Government will one way or the other interrupt.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by morningsta(m): 12:16am On Mar 25, 2013
Had I known, I would not even touch anything that smells like Daar Comms. With a long pole. I am even more angry with my so called professional stock brokers @ APT Securities and Funds (Lagos) who could not not offer any sound professional advise. All the shares I bought through them have all fallen far below the cost price. The last time I checked, First bank that I bought 65/unit was selling at 13/unit. Shame on APT
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by adconline(m): 3:06am On Mar 25, 2013
If you bought DAAR shares, you have yourself to blame cos this coy had been insolvent as far back as 1998. They were unable to pay their creditors then.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 5:40am On Mar 25, 2013
adconline: If you bought DAAR shares, you have yourself to blame cos this coy had been insolvent as far back as 1998. They were unable to pay their creditors then.
then why did sec allow thier IPO under the able leadership of prof. Okere onyuku This is the biggest kwestion of the millinium.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 5:46am On Mar 25, 2013
Paentera: I marvel when I read about the sort of comments of those on this thread. I am certain 99% of those who bought the shares did not read the prospectus or learn about the risks involved in buying an IPO. All they knew was that DAAR communications was selling shares and shares were a fast way of making money.

to a lesser extent you are right. They hit the market at 5naira by hiding information, cooking thier finnancial report to make it look good and juicy and no AGM since 2008, six months later it turned into .50kobo. Is this not deliberate fraud or not.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by tj4luck(m): 6:36am On Mar 25, 2013
Please they have not given me any cert. since dt 2008. Wht sud i do?
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by ezeama1010(m): 6:38am On Mar 25, 2013
Na wao!!! Notin wey no fit apun for dis republic...Naija I hail thee!!!
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by jobd: 7:03am On Mar 25, 2013
Bought same share in 2008 but hvnt receive my cert till date, Pls hw do I go about d cert issue? Thanx.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by ypzilanti: 7:14am On Mar 25, 2013
Omexonomy: to a lesser extent you are right. They hit the market at 5naira by hiding information, cooking thier finnancial report to make it look good and juicy and no AGM since 2008, six months later it turned into .50kobo. Is this not deliberate fraud or not.

In a correct country, Dokpesi would be cooling his heels in a jail cell.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 7:43am On Mar 25, 2013
ypzilanti:

In a correct country, Dokpesi would be cooling his heels in a jail cell.
in which country is that check this link. https://www.nairaland.com/945903/facebook-founder-mark-zuckerberg-sued
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by chinig(m): 8:07am On Mar 25, 2013
No AGM for †ђξ shareholder. No dividends paid to the shareholders.and they go about opening new stations and paying exotic cars. Can't anything be done!
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by veron007: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2013
rubyno: Did You Buy Shares From DAAR Communications?

Pls fellow Nairalanders,

I bought shares from Daar Communications since 2008 and got the certificate thereafter but nothing else (I mean no kobo received as dividend).

Anybody with same experience here? Is it normal or something is wrong?

I need advice.

LoL
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by dare4luv1(m): 9:28am On Mar 25, 2013
Don't mind Dopesi, d man is full of sence, whenever he suppose 2 pay, 1 of their studio will cash fire. D@'s Naija sence
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by switchmax8: 9:45am On Mar 25, 2013
Raymond Dokpesi and his Daar group are big time scammers i bought 13,000 units as well after the certificate i have not heard from them though a friend advice me i did not heed his call decided to invest the money because i do not want to squander it.Same with Geo fluid i bought 50,000 Units which total to 250,000N after the certificate nothing from them other than bonus of 3,333Units though theirs was private placement.
The country system does not encourage investment how can they attract Nigerians in the diaspora to come and investment in Nigerian Stock Exchange with this time of criminal activity going on there.I have took my in good time as bad investment and use it as an eye opener never will i invest in shares again.Whoever has information about Geo Fluid should please share it with the forum though am not expecting better things from them because the previous SEC DG has not done anything neither do i think Arunma Oteh is doing anything about it.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by cutietreasure: 9:53am On Mar 25, 2013
mancol: I'm equally a victim. Bought 4000 units but got a certificate for only 2000 units worth of my subscription and didn't get a refund till date. Worst is that I can't even ask my broker or make mention of it to someone. Am just too ashamed and confused of went wrong. No news, no AGM, just nothing to show that the shares exists. Seriously planning of a legal action someday.

Go to their registrar with ur receipt of payment and u'll get ur refund. 10k+ interest sef.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by anonimi: 10:06am On Mar 25, 2013
Omexonomy: then why did sec allow thier IPO under the able leadership of prof. Okere onyuku This is the biggest kwestion of the millinium.

Abeg stop that joke, you hear me so?
The yeye "prof" na big time scammer wey sabi the long throat wey dey pursue all of us for 9ja and took advantage big time with her band of blood suckers. A scammer was simply aiding other scammers get theirs, including from dying pensioners. What Okereke Onyiuke did is no different from the much vilified PENCOM runaway man, Maina. They should all be burned at the stake.
Yet the over fed "prof" had the effontery to set up battle with her replacement Arunmah Oteh who was trying all her best to clean the shiit wey she bin leave for SEC. I sure sey she nor be professor at all.
Thank God for oga at the top, Jona wey nor listen to the noise of the crowd but could see through the Hembe & co ruse thus leaving Oteh to continue her good work.

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by infodollarman(m): 11:55am On Mar 25, 2013
vanstanzy: I don't want to say the company is hounded by MISMANAGEMENT. But where the Management keep employing his brothers and

sisters, no matter whether experienced or not (U know who am referring to!), the company couldn't possibly stand the

test of time.

Lesson 1: Consider the board members and employees of a company before buying into it.
very correct. this in one of the major things to lookout for before buying any share
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by dmcdad: 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ashmark: Thank you very much for bringing up this issue.I bought the shares too in 2008 and since then have not recieved anything,not even a certificate.The only thing that I have is the teller that was used to make the payment.Hope my case is not worst?
Yours is obviously worse... Na wa for Naija ooooo. Thank God I didn't get any from them even though I was tempted to at that point in time. The only one I have is Zenith and I have received dividends a couple of times...

Guys make una take heart oooo
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by universalbets(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
OANDO should make the scamming list too. Over 8 years since the IPO. From N95 to N18.50 now. All claims to Upstream and later Downstream yet the share price crashed.

Evidently they got free money for fuel importation. Except for the last pipeline news. Will its price ever surpass the IPO value? Doesnt seem likely.

I hope there personnel are well catered for?

2 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by medeay(m): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
The Truth is, I also bought #15k shares 2008. I have my certificate, but no dividend yet. Just like the other guy said, I have written it off also.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by badesco(m): 11:08am On Mar 26, 2013
i pity all those those that fall for that boobytrap and I pray God will make it for you all in other ways. Amen.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by phemmie06(m): 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
Omexonomy: The owner of daar dupe the public big time they came to the market at 5 naira per unit after a six months everything fell to .50kobo per unit and upon that they are still oweing fidelity bank roughly six billion with no hope of paying back. All this was done under the watchfull eye of sec, nse under the able chairmanship of prof. Ndi Okereke
Let us hope that something might be done about it under the new sec boss.
You are quite right but the loan saga has been resolved. www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/03/daar-communications-reconciles-with-fidelity-bank/ let's wait and see what will happen
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by phemmie06(m): 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
chinig: No AGM for †ђξ shareholder. No dividends paid to the shareholders.and they go about opening new stations and paying exotic cars. Can't anything be done!
Pls who can explain the expansion programme of DAAR COMMUNICATION without any dividend not to talk of capital appreciation on their holdings. Anyway I am one of the victim but I have to be patient for a long time.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Risto(m): 10:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Abeg una own good, shey u have certificate to show that u bought their shares? mine is worse, i dont even have anything, all i have is my teller and photocopy of the application forms when purchasing the shares.
Can anybody even gimme the name of the Registrar DAAR communications used? cos all i have is my teller and photocopy of the application forms when purchasing the shares. i have not heard from DAAR communications or their registrars ever since.
i dont even have a share certificate....Same with my wife.
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by dmcdad: 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
Risto:
Abeg una own good, shey u have certificate to show that u bought their shares? mine is worse, i dont even have anything, all i have is my teller and photocopy of the application forms when purchasing the shares.
Can anybody even gimme the name of the Registrar DAAR communications used? cos all i have is my teller and photocopy of the application forms when purchasing the shares. i have not heard from DAAR communications or their registrars ever since.
i dont even have a share certificate....Same with my wife.
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Haba! How come about that? How long has it been since you bought the shares?

Meanwhile, make use of Google bro and try to know the Registrar. Na wa ooooo.

I have the certificates to mine. Infact, I have 2 certificates. One is the initial certificate from when the shares were bought, and the other certificate is for the bonus offer (where my shares was increased by 50%).

So, I think you need to get a hold on your certificate, because I feel that is what really proves you have shares with the company.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Risto(m): 11:19am On Jan 30, 2015
Thanks a lot bro!
I bought mine since March 2008 o!
I have searched online and found the name of the registrars as First Registrars, Since u have the certificate, kindly help me confirm the name of the registrars so i can visit them physically and hopefully, get results. Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mixed Feelings As MMM Resumes Operations / 5 Financial Mistakes That Keeps Making You Go Broke / How Can I Invest N9,000??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.