Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

DAAR Communications Shares - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / DAAR Communications Shares (22346 Views)

FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE / What Has Happened To DAAR Communications Shares? / Help, Daar Communications Limited Shares! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by 234GT(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
They had an AGM last week where some ghost shareholders commended the company and expressed optimism at her growth potentials. Naija for show. My dear parents also lost money to daar shares.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
234GT: They had an AGM last week where some ghost shareholders commended the company and expressed optimism at her growth potentials. Naija for show. My dear parents also lost money to daar shares.
fictituos AGM where no date, venue and other information was given

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by tesimola4real(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
We Nigerians we too like quickly way to get money

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Ashmark(m): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
Thank you very much for bringing up this issue.I bought the shares too in 2008 and since then have not recieved anything,not even a certificate.The only thing that I have is the teller that was used to make the payment.Hope my case is not worst?
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Greatken007(m): 5:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
LET BYE GONE BE BYE GONE....GOD WHO PROVIDED THE CASH FOR ME THEN HAS NT RESIGN,HE IS STIL GOD AND I TELL U HE IS STILL WORKING OUT HIS PURPOSE FOR ME TILL DATE.KNOWING THIS MY GOD IS FREE OF CHARGE,HE NEEDS NO ELECTION TO REMAIN GOD.

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by bankyblue(m): 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
Piponomics: DAAR is fraud. They can't even pay workers, how do you think they'll pay dividends?

Really!?.....and they went around the states opening branches.
Na wa Oº°˚ ˚°º , so all this things na package?
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by victorazy(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
rubyno: Did You Buy Shares From DAAR Communications?

Pls fellow Nairalanders,

I bought shares from Daar Communications since 2008 and got the certificate thereafter but nothing else (I mean no kobo received as dividend).

Anybody with same experience here? Is it normal or something is wrong?

I need advice.

I bought too got my cert but till now nothing, I mean nothing, my 25,000 jst go like dat.
They are not paying d workers!
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
Greatken007: LET BYE GONE BE BYE GONE....GOD WHO PROVIDED THE CASH FOR ME THEN HAS NT RESIGN,HE IS STIL GOD AND I TELL U HE IS STILL WORKING OUT HIS PURPOSE FOR ME TILL DATE.KNOWING THIS MY GOD IS FREE OF CHARGE,HE NEEDS NO ELECTION TO REMAIN GOD.
the funniest thing is that dokpesi and family are still walking the street, buying the latest camry with thier looties and booties of war
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Omexonomy: 6:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
tesimola4real: We Nigerians we too like quickly way to get money
world over, making money from stock is big and legal. Ask warren buffet if you doubt me.

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Demdem(m): 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
Wanted to buy then. I later changed my mind when watching AIT then, I suddenly saw a large palm (hand) on my TV screen. That was a blunder on their part. That made me change my mind and thank goodness, no regret.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Akpan107(m): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2013
rubyno: So, my money don go be dat?
Yes! my brother, take heart. I lost all my 93,000 units of Bank PHB shares after the Bank was Nationalised, but thanks to God, am still doing fine!

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Akpan107(m): 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
instaforex ngr: i bought same shares then
over 5000 units of daar shares
i have taken it as a loss already
Thank God you did not invest much in it. 5 multiply 5000 = 25,000.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Akpan107(m): 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
Demdem: Wanted to buy then. I later changed my mind when watching AIT then, I suddenly saw a large palm (hand) on my TV screen. That was a blunder on their part. That made me change my mind and thank goodness, no regret.
Make you thank God oo!
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by BeingAkorede(m): 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
wow ! ...Ori lo yo mio. Where as, i have blamed myself for not subscribing to Daar com shares.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by trekkie: 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
@demdem

i noticed your signature text and i could not stop laughing. please i am curious did they really say those things? cheesy
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Akpan107(m): 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ashmark: Thank you very much for bringing up this issue.I bought the shares too in 2008 and since then have not recieved anything,not even a certificate.The only thing that I have is the teller that was used to make the payment.Hope my case is not worst?
No! Ur case is not worst, is just that you have lost 95% of the total money you invested in the shares, just as anyone else that invested in it. If you really want ur shares Certificate, you can still get it...

1 Like

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by OmoTier1(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
May the grace of God not allow me put my money into a sinking hole God and I forbid that a company name DAAR will even attract my co-investors. Even their UK operations is a fraud. Those that sign up to their channel on Sky Satellite end up with channel off or on situation as if you are turning off a tap undecided
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Demdem(m): 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
trekkie: @demdem

i noticed your signature text and i could not stop laughing. please i am curious did they really say those things? cheesy

Demdem do not lie. Go to Google and search or better still make use of Nairaland search. Yes they did say those things.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by AdeniyiA(m): 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
rubyno: Did You Buy Shares From DAAR Communications?

Pls fellow Nairalanders,

I bought shares from Daar Communications since 2008 and got the certificate thereafter but nothing else (I mean no kobo received as dividend).

Anybody with same experience here? Is it normal or something is wrong?

I need advice.
sorry o, i think your shares and dividends have been 'DAAR-Lized'
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by InvertedHammer: 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2013

May be when someone tells you in hausa language you will understand.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by novakid(m): 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
Akpan107: No! Ur case is not worst, is just that you have lost 95% of the total money you invested in the shares, just as anyone else that invested in it. If you really want ur shares Certificate, you can still get it...

Pls how can the certificate be collected... I also bought 500 units then and didn't hear anything from them talkless of collecting any certificate...@least if the whole share thing has gone bad, I can still hold unto my certificate with the hope of any miracle... sad sad
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by AdeniyiA(m): 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
InvertedHammer:

May be when someone tells you in hausa language you will understand...

...or banged with InvertedHammer
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by chinig(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hop SEC wil do sumthg about it,cus I als bought.thank God it ws not much.hop say rat never chop †ђξ cert.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Nuzo1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
Omexonomy: seriously speaking, they told every body lies and sec kept quiet playing along deciving fellow nigerians

You are right.
The Sec was so corrupt then. They should be made to bear the bulk of the blame.

However, it doesn't make sense to invest in any company without doing the basic backgroud checks.

Everybody knew that AIT was already having financial issues by 2006/2008.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
Omexonomy: The owner of daar dupe the public big time they came to the market at 5 naira per unit after a six months everything fell to .50kobo per unit and upon that they are still oweing fidelity bank roughly six billion with no hope of paying back. All this was done under the watchfull eye of sec, nsc under the able chairmanship of prof. Okereke onyuku.
Let us hope that something might be done about it under the new sec boss.
what sort of foolish talk is this, is it daar that dictates the share price or do you think they are happy their offering has performed so poorly?
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Dariye(m): 8:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
i don't understand all this o. They owe money and still they could still afford to open a new radio station(faaji fm)or is there something i'm missing? pls somebody enlighten me.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by mancol(m): 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
I'm equally a victim. Bought 4000 units but got a certificate for only 2000 units worth of my subscription and didn't get a refund till date. Worst is that I can't even ask my broker or make mention of it to someone. Am just too ashamed and confused of went wrong. No news, no AGM, just nothing to show that the shares exists. Seriously planning of a legal action someday.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by oseiwe(m): 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2013
I also bought 10,000 units in 2008, I'm still waiting for my share certificate. Does any one knw hw I can get the certificate? I only have a copy of d form and deposit slip wit me.
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by IYANGBALI: 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
don't worry we are on top of the situation
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by anonimi: 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2013
Omexonomy: they have never realse any result b4. They have never call for AGM before. So how are we going to voice our mind

* Check the prospectus with a lawyer who wants to make a name.
* Place an ad on NL and some other newspaper, radio etc for others defrauded to come together.
* Sue their shirt off their back.

Fraudsters need to be taught a lesson using the law. QED.

2 Likes

Re: DAAR Communications Shares by Caracta(f): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2013
Oh please don't remind me of my loss! It's heart-breaking. cry cry cry

DAAR Communications, what happened to my money?
Re: DAAR Communications Shares by yomalex(m): 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
tesimola4real: We Nigerians we too like quickly way to get money

You are obviously meant for the industrial age.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Financial Mistakes That Keeps Making You Go Broke / Can A Person Have Two Bvn Numbers / The Poison That Is MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.