Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style (18630 Views)

Viviangist Is Now Nairaland New Crush Bloggers Complains / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Table For Layout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by zumarock8(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
just pasin........keep up the good job
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by kramer: 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
adaobi123:
but it is easier to have a quote notification

I agree with you... sometimes not aware I'm being addressed by someone and end up not following up on a question being asked only to see the post days, weeks or months later. I'm sure we've had this happen to us several times before
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
thelastPope:

You can actually implement it to work if Javascript is enabled and use a different code when javascript is not. Just a few lines of code can fix that. But the real challenge is I think NL will have to be redesigned. I don't think the current design which is like a port of SMF will work well with AJAX.

I think that Nairaland engine(database) is still based on SMF but the template was designed from scratch. I'm not sure though.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
kramer:

I agree with you... sometimes not aware I'm being addressed by someone and end up not following up on a question being asked only to see the post days, weeks or months later. I'm sure we've had this happen to us several times before
same here
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by RedLight1: 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
ogochukwunasa1:
mschwww, must u quote d whole post just to say thanks.....
If u try dat nxt tym, i wil ban u.
becarefool o... U wan ban the banner? U wan ban oga at the top grin grin
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by RedLight1: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
dont8:
Simply type your user-name in the local search engine, you'll see the people that quote you, cheers.
wow this actually works... Thanks smiley
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by HARDDON: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
On mobile... All i see iz same ol interface... Nufin nu
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
I seriously appeal that a paid VIP section be created. Let's separate men from the boys. And payment mode should be cash deposits only.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by rose002(m): 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2013
undecided

Space for background design
grin
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by rose002(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I seriously appeal that a paid VIP section be created. Let's separate men from the boys. And payment mode should be cash deposits only.
undecided c thief lipsrsealed tongue

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2013
rose002:
undecided c thief lipsrsealed tongue
This is why I need paid Section, I am tired of getting comments like this, it pisses me off this great site. I need Paid VIP section to feel safe.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by thelastPope(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think that Nairaland engine(database) is still based on SMF but the template was designed from scratch. I'm not sure though.

Yeah, I think the interface was redesigned. But the new design majorly differs in look and feel and some features. I don't think the core code was discarded. A good AJAX application or site is heavily dependent on a well planned CSS structure. You will have to break the components into individual units or the flow and look will be horrible and problematic. The way you develope an AJAX site is different from the way you develope a purely php, python or html site. You have to think of an AJAX project more like an application than just as a website.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by tellwisdom: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
Seun, where you buy the tiles wey u use for your site?? sad
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
just more pixel real-estate at the corners. This will slim the pages on any topic and ensure that responses get more page numbers.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by onegig(m): 1:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
@Seun

Also we can have the ignore user function whereby when you ignore a user , all that user posts are hidden from you. Makes it easier to ignore tribalists and bigots.

and would not not negates the calls for a VIP section as that breeds cliques and sorts.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
Seun, just opened the desktop site. Godd job!!! I must say I was one of the pple that spoke against change during the new NL Beta testing then. But now I love the new NL than the previous. I've been a member of this site since 2007. I come here EVERYDAY. But plss as u improve things don't over complicate them. Simple is always better. That is why. I dnt really do FB again. The website became a too complex and tacky. What you need now is a SOLID NL app. Even linda ikeji has an app now and u're are her oga at the top. Also, promote ways members can meet themselves outside NL. Take charge of the frontpage (this is the most important section of NL) and finally you need PR. Come out of your shell. Pple need to put a face to this wonderful site. 30% of Nigeria can be a member in the next 2 years. And ofcourse source for adverts from big multinationals MTN, samsung etc.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by UjSizzle(f): 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
Which kain yeye VIP section? Una wan carry inequality enter here ba?? Mtcheeeew nansense
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by olempe(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
Oga Seun, abeg when you go do the "unlike" button??
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
Why are the calls for paid VIP section not listened to ? I keep asking for it.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by delors(m): 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
There
Is
Absolutely
No
Difference
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
none
at all sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
I didnt notice anything. But clearly, the new nairaland is cool.

meanwhile, people should stop comparing NL with FB. FB is a social network, nairaland is a discussion forum.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Seun(m): 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
Afam4eva: I think that Nairaland engine(database) is still based on SMF but the template was designed from scratch.
The move to NL2 was about moving away from SMF. We wrote our own forum engine from scratch last year.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by 222Martins(m): 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Why are the calls for paid VIP section not listened to ? I keep asking for it.
You don't weld influence, that is why nobody is listening to you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by ujchief(m): 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: The Modes should create a paid VIP section.

Now where's the dislike button we've all been clamouring for?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by touchmeder: 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
a dislike button and a proper search engine please...
good job
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Techwriter: 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: I seriously appeal that a paid VIP section be created. Let's separate men from the boys. And payment mode should be cash deposits only.

Even though it has its disadvantanges but I would more frequent in Nairaland if I know there is a VIP section where I don't see all those "1st to comment" "price of garri" etc. I like some funny comments to lighten my day but not from teenagers who come to insult there elders and over flog a joke until it moves from fun to annoyance

I also believe it will restrict people like Muskeeto who have no job and instead of looking for one spend all there years in Nland insulting men of God old enough to be his father
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by ujchief(m): 1:54pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: This is why I need paid Section, I am tired of getting comments like this, it pisses me off this great site. I need Paid VIP section to feel safe.

Lol...and you think no vip member can throw tantrums at you? What will you guys be doing at this your so called vip section? Taking Nescafee and cashew nuts? Such myopic reasoning!!!

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by chucky234(m): 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: The Modes should create a paid VIP section.
Body don dey shark you abi

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by ujchief(m): 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Yeah, I think the interface was redesigned. But the new design majorly differs in look and feel and some features. I don't think the core code was discarded. A good AJAX application or site is heavily dependent on a well planned CSS structure. You will have to break the components into individual units or the flow and look will be horrible and problematic. The way you develope an AJAX site is different from the way you develope a purely php, python or html site. You have to think of an AJAX project more like an application than just as a website.

English pleasegrin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by EmmanuelOnu: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2013
I was the one that first noticed when it was changed!!! UP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Rocktation(f): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Why are the calls for paid VIP section not listened to ? I keep asking for it.

The truth is, irrespective of how schweeet the discussions on NL can be, it is expected that every healthy one that pops in...must pop out. Is there really a need to come and order peppersoup, moin moin or any other thing that will make you too comfortable here? Don't you have other engagements outside here?

Ahn ahn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages / . / How Naijaloaded Elevated From Bedroom To A Global Brand – Makinde Azeez Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.