Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? (1188 Views)

Poll: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ?

Anime: 50% (1 vote)
Manga: 50% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Kingdom Anime/manga. / One Piece (anime/manga) / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by samir101ng(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2008
Hi to all fans in the house. grin grin grin

The topic am sure is a very big question and one which is sometimes hard to choose. Do you like watching the anime on tv or your computer, seeing the live action, the cool sound effects and pulsing music. Hear your favourite anime character scream in fury as he pounds his enemies to dust all in full colour OR do you prefer to just lie down on a comfortable seat and immerse yourself in the universe of your manga character. Read every phrase and sinister plot line by line and let your imagination heighten your senses. Also you have a copy on you always which u can take anywhere and read anytime. These and lots of other features begs the question, which do you prefer watching the Anime or reading the Manga ?
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by pein(m): 9:44am On Mar 30, 2008
To me i believe it depends on the material at hand.Naruto for example is better read than watched.why?cus i dont think the animators just dont do it justice.same with Initail D,the art is atrocious and it shows when watching it but while reading it u can forgive that.Death Note on the other hand really surprised me cus i neva thought they would get the feel of the manga,not only did they do that they also went better with the animation & soundtrack.Bleach atimes impresses me but most of the time is so fcukin idoitic with its animation,it looks like its done by 10 year old kids angry . Gundam also looks better when animated than drawn.
So,really depends on the manga being translated to anime,some are made better when translated to anime like Death Note,Seirei No Moribito,Gundam,kekkaishi etc while some are just terrible such as Trinity Blood(God,this shit was awful!!! ),DBGT,and a whole host of other pukefests.
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by Raymond88(m): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2008
None!
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by samir101ng(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2008
And why if i may ask do you say that ?
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by pein(m): 5:29am On Apr 02, 2008
well everyone got their own tastes,can't blame the dude!
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by Raymond88(m): 8:11pm On Apr 02, 2008
samir101ng:

And why if i may ask do you say that ?

I just think you can't tell a proper story with Anime or Manga, i mean a realistic story. . .there must be fireballs, dragons, chi and all that. . .kid stuff.
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by pein(m): 5:26am On Apr 03, 2008
Raymond88:

I just think you can't tell a proper story with Anime or Manga, i mean a realistic story. . .there must be fireballs, dragons, chi and all that. . .kid stuff.

So in your world what equates to real story?
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by Raymond88(m): 5:45am On Apr 03, 2008
I believe a realistic story has the same meaning in every bodies world.
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by pein(m): 9:11am On Apr 03, 2008
Raymond88:

I believe a realistic story has the same meaning in every bodies world.

ok, give examples of "your" realsitic stories and explain what makes it realistic
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by Raymond88(m): 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2008
In the most simplest form (so even you can understand) stories that the average person can relate to are realistic, they could be gotten from pop culture, history, predictions of everyday life in the future and could be spiced up with comedy, satires, even ridiculous events etc . . . To me anime is not the best form of doing this, it's more proper for fantasy stories seven fireballs of ching chang chung and all that. . . think about it, what was the most successful anime in terms of merchandise sales? . . .Pokemon! who was it marketed for? . . .kids!
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by grafikdon: 12:28am On Apr 04, 2008
Raymand88, you can tell a 'realistic' story with anime. It's been done successfully before (Tokyo Godfathers, Rumbling hearts etc). These are real people in everyday situation/conditions. No razzmatazz. If you are used to watching anime riddled with mech, armour clad girls with gargantuan boobs that weigh 1000 tons, slasher samurai , screeching demons etc it will be hard to believe a 'realistic' story could be told with anime.
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by pein(m): 4:56am On Apr 04, 2008
Raymond88:

In the most simplest form (so even you can understand) stories that the average person can relate to are realistic, they could be gotten from pop culture, history, predictions of everyday life in the future and could be spiced up with comedy, satires, even ridiculous events etc . . . To me anime is not the best form of doing this, it's more proper for fantasy stories seven fireballs of ching chang chung and all that. . . think about it, what was the most successful anime in terms of merchandise sales? . . .Pokemon! who was it marketed for? . . .kids!

No one ever said anime/manga was the best form of anything.the poster just asked a simple question.which do ppl prefer?Pokemon being the most succesful in terms of merchandise?what do you expect,it for kids,they will gobble up merchandise anyday.do you expect adults to go out and buy action figures,plushies etc for an anime?If you feel anime/manga is not a form to represent realistic stories then why not make a thread saying "who hates anime/manga" but coming here bashing for no good reason just solidifies that you are ignorant to the facets of anime/manga as a form of entertainment,and thats the key word ENTERTAINMENT,not opera,not history lesson,not satire. and like Grafikdon said you can tell a realistic story(Serei No Moribito,Dennou Coil etc) with anime it just won't appeal to everybody.Ive been watching anime/reading comics/playing games etc since i was 10 ,does that make me less aware of the world around me?or in need of a reality check? NO!!!I do all those things as its my form of entertainment and one that does not degrade into bullshit everytime. So pls stop bashing anime/manga lovers.you dnt see any anime/manga lover going round telling ppl to stop watching mainstream media
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by Raymond88(m): 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2008
Touchy touchy. . .I didn't mean to 'bash' your anime. tongue
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by pein(m): 7:11am On Apr 05, 2008
I'm not touchy,just trying to get a message across cuz most people seem to misunderstand what animes stand for.
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2008
I prefer manga, anime's tend to cut out a lot of good scenes. tongue
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by Viante(f): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2008
i like the Anime most times only after ive read the manga.
Re: Anime Or Manga; Which Do You Prefer ? by echowords(m): 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2008
I like both, It depends on the anime, naruto i prefer manga, deathnote "anime" bleach same, but overall i think manga's have an advantage over animes and commands more public attention.

(1) (Reply)

Download Supergirl Season 2 Episode 20 – City Of Lost Children [S02E20] / Moshood Mayegun Taking The Movie Industry By A Orgy Storm / 'Stealth' Nairaland Viewers Movie Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.