Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy (7791 Views)

Stages Of Pregnancy From Conception To Birth. (Pictures) / Please Help Cope With First Trimester / Help!my 11-year Old Niece Wants To Have S/E/X. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by abisquare(f): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2013
Dear mothers on NL am in my first trimester but my husby want us to b initimate am scared it wil affect my baby. I don't knw hw safe its 4 me bt he said doctor said its safe I dnt tink it is dis is my first pregnancy I dnt want anytin to go wrong and I knw my husband needs how to I do it? Pls advise urgently needed tanks all
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by dasparrow: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2013
abisquare: Dear mothers on NL am in my first trimester but my husby want us to b initimate am scared it wil affect my baby. I don't knw hw safe its 4 me bt he said doctor said its safe I dnt tink it is dis is my first pregnancy I dnt want anytin to go wrong and I knw my husband needs how to I do it? Pls advise urgently needed tanks all

Why don't you go and ask your doctor? Your doctor should be in a better position to advise you, don't you think? Nigerians and their voracious appetite for sex! Ugh! No wonder Nigeria is so overpopulated.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
^^^hahahahhahahahhahaha

@Op; speak to your Gynea!
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
There's doggy style na :p and there is side style however dont just dare missionary style cheesy if you dont want gbege to shele cheesy
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by yemisolar(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
It is not unusual to be scared. At this stage the baby is still a chunk of blood so there is the need to be careful. However it is not a reason to deny your husband intimacy so as not to make him vulnerable if he is the faithful type.

The truth is that you can and should be intimate all through pregnancy except in high risk pregnancies. Just dont do styles that will shake you so much or that he will rest on you.

My take is that you go and register for ante-natal and get your doctors advice.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by IFY124(f): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
It is safe provided there's no threats or signs of miscarriage. Your husband should also try and be gentle while making love to you
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by greatgod2012(f): 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
My sister, you are scared because of your thought, now, lets look at it from this angle, what if you never knew you are already pregnant, will you be scared?, so, its your thought, and now that you are scared, i wont advise you to do it until you see your doctor, get tested and be more informed about yourself and the foetus and how safe and well to go about the whole thing.
However, from experience, you can be intimate thruout your pregnancy, if the pregnancy is not a high risk one(risk or threat of abortion, popularly called miscarriage), there is nothing to be afraid of, the feotus is already protected by aminoatic sac(hope i get the spelling), so, there is no way the head of "baba agba" can get in touch with the foetus, just tell your hubby to do it gently, lobatan.
Wishing you safe and joyful delivery in advance.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2013
you can s*eX until you give birth, it does effect the baby at all

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 24, 2013
greatgod2012: My sister, you are scared because of your thought, now, lets look at it from this angle, what if you never knew you are already pregnant, will you be scared?, so, its your thought, and now that you are scared, i wont advise you to do it until you see your doctor, get tested and be more informed about yourself and the foetus and how safe and well to go about the whole thing.
However, from experience, you can be intimate thruout your pregnancy, if the pregnancy is not a high risk one(risk or threat of abortion, popularly called miscarriage), there is nothing to be afraid of, the feotus is already protected by aminoatic sac(hope i get the spelling), so, there is no way the head of "baba agba" can get in touch with the foetus, just tell your hubby to do it gently, lobatan.

angry lipsrsealed shocked
IT'S AMNIOTIC MA! smiley cheesy
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 24, 2013
alutacontinua:

What about this??Am in my first trimester,and am having sex minimum of 3times a week.common,give the man some action.Miscarriage happens if it wants to,not because you are having sex.Though some Gyno will tell you to stay off in first trimester if you have experienced miscarriage before.Most women have experienced that and they still have healthy kids.Check with your Gyno if you are still scared,abeg don't keep him waiting for long.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by MMotimo: 3:04am On Mar 24, 2013
The Section seems to be all about sex, pregnancy and babies these days

@ Post, it's fine if there are no medical concerns
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by abisquare(f): 11:03am On Mar 24, 2013
A doc told me it was safe bt I was tinkin he only said dat because he is a man am just scared dnt want to hurt my little one its my first pregnancy
byvan:

What about this??Am in my first trimester,and am having sex minimum of 3times a week.common,give the man some action.Miscarriage happens if it wants to,not because you are having sex.Though some Gyno will tell you to stay off in first trimester if you have experienced miscarriage before.Most women have experienced that and they still have healthy kids.Check with your Gyno if you are still scared,abeg don't keep him waiting for long.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by abisquare(f): 11:09am On Mar 24, 2013
Tanks Ma grateful 4 d advice
greatgod2012: My sister, you are scared because of your thought, now, lets look at it from this angle, what if you never knew you are already pregnant, will you be scared?, so, its your thought, and now that you are scared, i wont advise you to do it until you see your doctor, get tested and be more informed about yourself and the foetus and how safe and well to go about the whole thing.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by greatgod2012(f): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
alutacontinua:

thank you ma!

abisquare: Tanks Ma grateful 4 d advice

you are welcome ma......enjoy each other, pregnancy shouldnt be a barrier.
May God help us all.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
abisquare: A doc told me it was safe bt I was tinkin he only said dat because he is a man am just scared dnt want to hurt my little one its my first pregnancy

Now go give him some lady!!
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by jeffizy(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
MMotimo: The Section seems to be all about sex, pregnancy and babies these days

@ Post, it's fine if there are no medical concerns
Hahaha. Without the three you mentioned in the right order, there wont be a family and this section will never exist.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by agiboma(f): 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
@OP sex is normally safe during pregnancy unless you have complications where you DR has advised that you refrain from having sex. If you are having a normal problem free pregnancy then it should be ok to have sex with your hubby.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
@ op, i just wanna share the problem my younger brother had with his wife because of this sexx during pregnancy.

according to my sis in law, she lied and told her husband, my brother that her doctor said she should avoid sexx during her pregnancy. she only had sexx with my brother 4 times during her first trimester. after that she avoided my brother like a plague. now, the painful part of it was that she had a CS and my brother became furious because of the cost involved. I doubt if it was the lack of sexx that caused the operation but from what the doctor said, her pelvis was too narrow.

Sexx is very good during pregnancy up till the date of delivery depending on the position. Another thing is your n.ipple. am sure your doctor must have told you to allow your husband suck your n.ipples always to help it point out for baby's sake. If your doctor hasn't told you, definitely he will.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 25, 2013
There are women whose anatomy cannot permit natural birth.Have you seen ladies with very broad trunks and tiny waist??The Gynos believe that their anatomy cannot permit natural birth.The picture of the female pelvis looks more like ( ) theirs look this way ) (.Sex probably might not have averted the Cs.

Lady rage,won't sucking the boobs rid it of colostrum which the baby needs to build antibodies??my doctor will advice that pulling the nipples with vaseline ointment is better.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
byvan: There are women whose anatomy cannot permit natural birth.Have you seen ladies with very broad trunks and tiny waist??The Gynos believe that their anatomy cannot permit natural birth.The picture of the female pelvis looks more like ( ) theirs look this way ) (.Sex probably might not have averted the Cs.

Lady rage,won't sucking the boobs rid it of colostrum which the baby needs to build antibodies??my doctor will advice that pulling the nipples with vaseline ointment is better.
well, when i was pregnant for my first child, my doctor advised my husband to suck my n.ipples. Am sure nothing came out sha. i don't know of other doctors.
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by fizzle344: 2:48am On Apr 12, 2013
Dear mothers on NL am in my first trimester but my husby want us to b initimate am scared it wil affect my baby. I don't knw hw safe its 4 me bt he said doctor said its safe I dnt tink it is dis is my first pregnancy I dnt want anytin to go wrong and I knw my husband needs how to I do it? Pls advise urgently needed tanks all.

You and your husband can have sex but he needs to be very careful,he shouldn't pound heavily.
Its advisable u guys have sex twice in a week and your husband needs to understand ur position.
A lot of pregnant women lost there babies during the 1st trimester.Pls register for antenatal and take him along with you. All the best
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Youngpo413: 7:30am On Nov 07, 2014
Pound heavily...na yam?
though some times sha ladies loves to be pounded...
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
abisquare:
Dear mothers on NL am in my first trimester but my husby want us to b initimate am scared it wil affect my baby. I don't knw hw safe its 4 me bt he said doctor said its safe I dnt tink it is dis is my first pregnancy I dnt want anytin to go wrong and I knw my husband needs how to I do it? Pls advise urgently needed tanks all
it is damm safe but not hardly bang sha,but for me i dey take my konji as i like when i was pregnant and nothing went wrong till i gave birth my boy
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
so long she is not having any complications like bleeding or abnormal discharge im pretty sure you are good to go grin

abisquare:
abeg stop depriving your husband joor! angry if it wasn't safe do u think he would want to intentionally hurt his own child?
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by nickz(m): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
pregnancy s3xlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy by abisquare(f): 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2014
I don born since last year sote my baby is now 14mnth preparing 4 the second one sef. Hehehehe. So no more a novice. Infact I dey give lectures now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I know My Husband Is Cheating On Me / Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight / What Your Next Move?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.