Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Please Help Cope With First Trimester - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Cope With First Trimester (13547 Views)

I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Cope With First Trimester by ritaNL: 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
Mothers in the house help me cope with 1st trimester . My first pregnancy was not fun at all and because of that,I'm so scared of conceiving again. Can anybody who has the same experience share with me how to cope or what to avoid during pregnancy . My problems are . . . . heartburn ( terrible one n was told not to use medication) , like a loop in my throat, indigestion , food keeps moving up n down my stomach even though all i had for 3 months was OGI (Akamu ) , hot flashes inside my tommy every now and then , in short the symptoms wasn't pleasant at all .
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by mutter(f): 9:05am On Mar 06, 2012
Heartburn is very unpleasant. Eating only Akamu does not help. You need to eat healthy food. Avoid too spicy food and pepper, also citrus.
Most important - small portions spread over the day help.
ALSO- do not go to lie down immediately after a meal. You need to move around.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by rose75(f): 10:43am On Mar 06, 2012
My dear, no two pregnancies are the same.

You don't have to be scared or discouraged, it's not likely to be the same way again. Talking from experience.
What matters is that you're alive to tell your story after and your baby is okay too,therefore, it's important you eat and live right during your preg.
Just give it a shot and you'll be glad you did.
Congrats in advance!
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by blank(f): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2012
I wish i could help but i have never had a bad pregnancy in your context. For the indigestion, you can take milk. I heard it calms down the stomach acids. For nausea, you can take ginger biscuits, or raw ginger and infuse with water. Don't forget to drink a lot of water and make sure you eat first thing in the morning esp before you take your vitamins.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by Biggoozz: 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
Heyaa, I can imagine, my wife just crossed her 1st trimester of the first pregas grin

I suggest you get more advice from your ex- ante-natal doctor and also visit and register on http://www.babycenter.com/, that website is DA BOMB in assisting with pregnancy matters.

Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by humblebee: 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
mutter:

Heartburn is very unpleasant. Eating only Akamu does not help. You need to eat healthy food. Avoid too spicy food and pepper, also citrus.
Most important - small portions spread over the day help.
ALSO- do not go to lie down immediately after a meal. You need to move around.

used to think above bolded was good for preggies, chei, thank God im not married yet, i for spoil things oo
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by agiboma(f): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
For the heartburn avoid foods that are spicy, complex sugars etc. Eat lots of fruits they are easy to digest, and follow all the advice of the poster mutter she seemed to sum up what i was gonna say nicely
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by PROUDTOBENAIJA(m): 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2012
NO TWO PREGNANCIES ARE THE SAME. VERY CORRECT.
BUT YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF WITH A GLASS OF ORANGE (NOT JUICE: REAL ORANGE, SQUEEZED INTO A GLASS), A DAY.
EAT VEGETABLES OFTEN AND DRINK MORE OF WATER THAN ANY OTHER LIQUID.
TRY NOT TO EAT LATE OR GO TO BED IMMEDIATELY AFTER FOOD.
U CAN REDUCE YOUR MILK AND BEANS FOR SOME TIME.

ABOVE ALL PRAY ABOUT IT, GOD IS ABLE TO GIVE YOU EASE WITH THIS ONE, TRUST HIM.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2012
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences the first time, Rita.

I wouldn't be unduly concerned. The first pregnancy for most women can be quite difficult. Second time around will most likely be better. Your diet is a bit of a concern though - Akamu for three months isn't the best. If I recall, Akamu is a bit acidic too. You need to eat more balanced meals, and regularly too. Some women eat just twice a day, with each meal being fairly large.

It's best to eat 3 or more small portions per day, avoid overtly spicy meals. As for drinks, if you're a lover of fizzy drinks (Coke, Sprite, Lemonade etc) you'll need to avoid these for the duration of your pregnancy. Fizzy drinks will make you quite gassy, and won't help if you suffer from heartburn. No caffeine either.

If you're eating eggs, make sure the yolk is hard, not runny, and of course, sea foods are out - shelfish (prawns) oysters, periwinkle, crab etc.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by modele2: 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2012
Been there, for heartburn Emtrisil made by emzor was simply a life saver, i carried it everywhere i went because even drinking water or common bread used to cause heartburn for me. Orange and akamu is the king of heart burn for me. With Emtrisil i was home and dry. ITs very safe in pregnancy, i was given in a very good hospital. took it through out my first preggie and my little girl is perfect.

Keep urself busy, dont be idle so u wount dwell on the nasty symptoms. Then, keep comforting urself that it would soon be over, and before u know it,

It can be a truly nasty experience. doh

1 Like

Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by Ivbade: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2012
Well no two pregnancy experiences are the same. for the heartburn you can use mistmag. just that it can induce hunger and make you eat more, then you try to eat in bits. you can start off with crackers in the mornings and take a lot of fluid. Fruits and Vegetables are also very helpful. above all, speak God's word to yourself, it works!
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by highland(m): 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2012
That is how your own body react, if cannot get advise from just anybody except person with this same experience.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by ritaNL: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2012
Thanks everybody . I took Akamu thinking it was the best for me then cos i could'nt chew anything ,Orange was no go area for me,it makes the heartburn worst. i was just so weak . Each time I took the Maternal vitamin then na like say i wan die, the drug knocks me out completely . I stayed back  on my bed all through the 3months thinking it will help but my goodness ! I really give kudos to all mothers in the world, i tot bin one is very easy , now i know better.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by mutter(f): 4:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
It just occurred to me that you might be reacting to the pregnancy tabs. Do they contain iron?

I have this problem with iron too. Once I take it I keep throwing up and my stomach is all messed up. so I have to leave it out and enure that I eat the right food to give my body what it needs.
I felt I was imagining it but my doctor assured me it does happened to some people. However you cannot afford to do that if you exist on only akamu.
When you get pregnant, you might wish to join a pregnancy forum, it`s very helpful.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by blank(f): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
Eat before taking your vitamins. Very important. It was the only time i had morning sickness, when i refused forgot to eat in the morning.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by vbet: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2012
your experience is almost like mine.
coping was not with how others coped but how you realized u can cope through trial and error(I mean when this fails to woek, u try that).

The best thing that helped me is the joy of being a mother one day. But by God's grace, it gradually fade away with time before i finished my second trimester.

But try nomatter what, to eat to norish ur precious baby(very important)
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by ronkebp(f): 4:28pm On Mar 06, 2012
It is the first trimester, don't worry it might get better in the 2nd and 3rd, i had a little bit of heart burn too, but did not pay it any attention, would drink lots of water and reduce, beans, akara, moin-moin, spicy food, they all trigger and add more to it.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by shumno(f): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
Eat lots of fruits and drink more water. Dont eat to the extent that you are too full, take walks and have enough rest. With the help of God everything will be alright and before you know it, 9 months over and everyone in the family is happy cos there is an addition to the family. Pray a lot too, the Lord is your strength, cheers.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by MOILOVINA: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2012
The person that recomeneded www.babycentre.com thank you
The website is tha bomb.
@poster youy can get all u need there
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 07, 2012
Drink lots of water, it sure helps. Drink up to 8 litres per day.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by adanny01(m): 1:11am On Mar 07, 2012
The person that recomeneded www.babycentre.com thank you
The website is tha bomb.

Hahaha
That website got my wife pregnant. After using Ovulation calculator, i fired up then hit da jackpot. We are expecting this month.
Her friend who got married to my friend last November just asked her to ask me to help her calculate so they can plan her next ovulation.
Its a good site.
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by Jemibee: 10:22am On Mar 07, 2012
In my 1st pregnancy, i could barely do anythg for myself. My whole system just shut down. I'd stay the whole day without eating even though i was hungry but didn't have the required strenght to get up and cook. My hubby was always working, day and night and would buy me burger on his way home.

Surprisingly, now that i've started working, i find my 2nd pregnancy less difficult. Would u beleive that i'm even strong enough to wear make up everyday to work, fix my hair every 2wks and even cook a meal daily.

I advice that u go ahead when u're ready without thinking it'll actually be as bad as the 1st time. U should also catch enough rest, at least 8hrs of sleep, eat little but more often than before, avoid stress, lots of water/fruits and vegetables,

1 Like

Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by MOILOVINA: 11:55am On Mar 07, 2012
adanny01:

Hahaha
That website got my wife pregnant. After using Ovulation calculator, i fired up then hit da jackpot. We are expecting this month.
Her friend who got married to my friend last November just asked her to ask me to help her calculate so they can plan her next ovulation.
Its a good site.
Very funny, sharpshooter!!!!!!
Re: Please Help Cope With First Trimester by Gigihealth: 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Morning sickness symptoms are often characterized by nausea, which sometimes comes with or without vomiting. Morning sickness is another name for nausea that occurs during pregnancy. Click on the link below to know how long morning sickness lasts.
http://www.gigihealth.com/morning-sickness-symptoms-how-long-does-morning-sickness-last/

(1) (Reply)

3 Caeserian Sections, 3 Girls -Should I attempt a 4th? / 10 Important Reasons For Getting A DNA Test / How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.