Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App (20735 Views)

Whot! Game For Android Phones / Ludo Game (advice Needed) / Ludo Game Algorithm Wanted For AI Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by toluxa1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
Can I use an Emulator to register and then login with my phone? Still can't reg on my curve3
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
toluxa1: Can I use an Emulator to register and then login with my phone? Still can't reg on my curve3

yes

1 Like

Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 31, 2013
with regards to my earlier comment, I found out that in the course of when i noticed dat bug dat, u can flip any card and the system won't recognise it as an error, like there is cross 1, even if i flip in star 5, the system won't recognise it as an error, when is the update coming..
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
c++_crazy:
with regards to my earlier comment, I found out that in the course of when i noticed dat bug dat, u can flip any card and the system won't recognise it as an error, like there is cross 1, even if i flip in star 5, the system won't recognise it as an error, when is the update coming..

Dats hw Whot Game is Played na..

1 is 'Hold on'.. then any Card follows.

iGuess am right?
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
Judinho59:

iGuess am right?

Yes you are, thanks for that
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
Judinho59:

iGuess am right?
ok maybe i didn't put it well, for instance if star 1 was the hold on and itz d 2nd 2 d last card 4 d system, it needs either a star or anoda hold on 2 complete d game but in a case where it dosen't have, it should go to d deck 2 take some cards but it won't even if u urself goes 2 d deck 2 pick. Now imagine it flipped star 1 2 hold me on, even if i flip triangle 5, it dosen't recognise it as error
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 01, 2013
c++_crazy:
ok maybe i didn't put it well, for instance if star 1 was the hold on and itz d 2nd 2 d last card 4 d system, it needs either a star or anoda hold on 2 complete d game but in a case where it dosen't have, it should go to d deck 2 take some cards but it won't even if u urself goes 2 d deck 2 pick. Now imagine it flipped star 1 2 hold me on, even if i flip triangle 5, it dosen't recognise it as error

Owk.. I get you now.. Let the Programmers Attend to this cheesy
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 9:35am On Apr 01, 2013
c++_crazy:

Its correct, with one you can play anything. Dats how dy play d game in my area
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Tamax: 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
dpuzo:

Its correct, with one you can play anything. Dats how dy play d game in my area

Boss I hail ooo...pls where can I download the lastness of the whot game? D one I dowloaded frm here is hanging wen I play in offline... Pls help me upload it here...i so much like d game.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 9:54am On Apr 06, 2013
Tamax:
Boss I hail ooo...pls where can I download the lastness of the whot game? D one I dowloaded frm here is hanging wen I play in offline... Pls help me upload it here...i so much like d game.

We've corrected most of d errors nd d hanging bt i've not uploaded it yet bc m still givin time to discover more errors so we dont av to keep updating nd uploadin everytime bt we will upload an updated version soon nd also an android version so please jst be patient as we try to improve our service
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Tamax: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
dpuzo:

We've corrected most of d errors nd d hanging bt i've not uploaded it yet bc m still givin time to discover more errors so we dont av to keep updating nd uploadin everytime bt we will upload an updated version soon nd also an android version so please jst be patient as we try to improve our service

okay bro...so are u trying to tell me that the one uploaded here at the 1st page is no more hanging?when played in offline mode?
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by ToyinDipo(m): 1:49am On Apr 07, 2013
First kudos to you guyz for your work on these games, though I only downloaded the whot because I use s60 phone. Now my views:
1. I can't register as much as I tried, just given this info: Registration failed no operations allowed after.
2. The game hangs a lot on my phone.
3. You need to handle the card recycling properly, there are times that the sum of number of cards with me and the computer may be 24 or around that, while it may only remain 1 card in 'market' so to speak and the game would just stop, you need to recycle already dropped cards as at when due.
4. You seriously need to work on the heuristic aspect of the game, it is too easy to beat the computer, though I get beaten sometimes, but you need to work on the intelligence of computer. For instance if computer has 3capet, 10capet,10 cross, and 'x'capet is on board, the computer should play 10capet, so that if opponents response changes the number and not the shape, computer will respond with 3capet, if otherwise computer responds with 10cross. Computer should also drop stars b4 any other type because they are difficult to free. You know, and some other deep stuffs like that can improve the game.
5. Give computer power to cheat, 6:0 against computer is ugly, that's why all game designers incorporate cheats to aid computer.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2013
ToyinDipo: First kudos to you guyz for your work on these games, though I only downloaded the whot because I use s60 phone. Now my views:
1. I can't register as much as I tried, just given this info: Registration failed no operations allowed after.
2. The game hangs a lot on my phone.
3. You need to handle the card recycling properly, there are times that the sum of number of cards with me and the computer may be 24 or around that, while it may only remain 1 card in 'market' so to speak and the game would just stop, you need to recycle already dropped cards as at when due.
4. You seriously need to work on the heuristic aspect of the game, it is too easy to beat the computer, though I get beaten sometimes, but you need to work on the intelligence of computer. For instance if computer has 3capet, 10capet,10 cross, and 'x'capet is on board, the computer should play 10capet, so that if opponents response changes the number and not the shape, computer will respond with 3capet, if otherwise computer responds with 10cross. Computer should also drop stars b4 any other type because they are difficult to free. You know, and some other deep stuffs like that can improve the game.
5. Give computer power to cheat, 6:0 against computer is ugly, that's why all game designers incorporate cheats to aid computer.

1. The registration problem is a recurring issue that we have been trying to fix. We do fix it temporarily but it comes up after a while but we will fix it.
2. The hanging is due to the computer thinking and playing, its seamless in blackberry and android but I couldn't achieve the same in j2me but if i do, it will be part of the upgrades. So for now just play and give the computer some time.
3. Once the deck finishes that game session ends and your cards are counted. That's how i programmed it.
4. You say its easy but some people complain that its difficult. I built the game ai based on how i play when i just learnt to play. Tho now m better but what we are focusing on in the upgrades right now is the ui and general game functionality. But if i have time(Bc this aspect takes time) I can hard difficulty levels. And we want you to play the multiplayer mode more. But i have taken down your point for when next i touch the computer ai and if you have more please drop it here or send an email.
5. Will do that, thanks for your observation.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by ToyinDipo(m): 9:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
Most of the other strategies that I could suggest are based on my own favourite ways of playing, and everyone has his or her wits. My own style may not work for you and yours may not work for me. For instance I like keeping cards with number one (hold on) for a flexible end game, I only release them in middle game if we (players) have visited the ‘markets’ severally without picking a card that can be played on the on board, cards with number two (pick two) for a wicked end game, I only release a 2 tagged card in middle game if my opponent has less than 4 cards at hand, just to disrupt any winning move he/she might be thinking of, I do the same with general market (14), but with the way you modeled your game, 14 tagged cards should be released when there are very few cards in ‘market’. Also I hardly drop any card like 1, 2,8,14 if I don’t have any of the ordinary cards to continue with after dropping them except (players) have visited the ‘markets’ severally without picking a card that can be played on the board. Those are some of my styles that I use a lot to beat people, though not everyone would approve of it, and the major problem there is that as I am typing this, I can’t yet fathom proper ways to incorporate these into algorithm cum heuristic.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by kambo(m): 1:41am On Jun 13, 2013
i downloaded the whot game (for nokia) but it acts funny in some instances. like hanging/freezing when the card deck is empty also it seems the computer opponent, wins by crook sometimes!! . how can i get the source code to modify it?
the game instructions needs to be re written for better clarity.

** very nice game overall. though..** .
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by purpinkx(m): 9:03am On Jun 14, 2013
It works well on c5-00 ... Me thinks the market should be replenished when it's exhausted... Please how can i hide my hand ? E be like your computer dey watch my cards cheesy
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by kambo(m): 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
hello OP, you'd do well to open source this thing.
This a programmer forum - Y not free the source!!.

I've spend this saturday playing it !! and after many games i get an out of memory error
- all the time, the sound ceases after some time.
since its already free,why not give programmers a chance to customize/enhance it
? haba. Abi the m$ spirit don catch una!?

I for one feel the number of cards in the deck is too small.
2.) the instructions documentation should be rewritten -
the game rules should be altered - when i played whot by hand i never
knew '1' was a unversal number ,where any card could be played after it?!
3) The game should freeze up when the deck is empty and there's not winner .

4.) the shuffling is not random enough sometimes, i pull many cards that are
clearly sequential (game spoilers ) in ordering . This shouldnt be.

host it on google code or any available free source control repository out there.

purpinkx: It works well on c5-00 ... Me thinks the market should be replenished when it's exhausted... Please how can i hide my hand ? E be like your computer dey watch my cards cheesy

i feel the same way too too!!. Like the computer opponent is given
privy access to the players hand and uses this knowledge to "think" with!.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by kambo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
D disruptive error problem in d whot game has to do with the graphcs manipulation operations. (positioning and displaying the cards). D operation is soaking up system memory without freeng it up after game ends. The accumulative debris of unused objects in memory eventually clogs the phones arteries making it squeal out an Exception b4 crashg off in e-death.
I un compressed d jar file and took a peek at d image object used 4 card representation. All the cards are held in a single image file! Instead of one image per card, so renderg one card frm d single image file requires some computation tricks , more like cuttg out a square tile from a solid ceramic tile. It wud hv been easier simply creatg a 1-to-1 image 2 card object mapping frm d outset. Wud save on system crashg computation. just my gloss.
OP , note this and correct d error 4 a mor problem-free next release ,hopefully.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Javanian: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2013
@kambo Thanks for your review and wanting to be a part of this project. All the issues you listed would be discussed and we would decide what next to do. i cannot make any decisions now as i am not the only one on this project.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Otuabaroku: 10:13am On Jun 17, 2013
kambo: D disruptive error problem in d whot game has to do with the graphcs manipulation operations. (positioning and displaying the cards). D operation is soaking up system memory without freeng it up after game ends. The accumulative debris of unused objects in memory eventually clogs the phones arteries making it squeal out an Exception b4 crashg off in e-death.
I un compressed d jar file and took a peek at d image object used 4 card representation. All the cards are held in a single image file! Instead of one image per card, so renderg one card frm d single image file requires some computation tricks , more like cuttg out a square tile from a solid ceramic tile. It wud hv been easier simply creatg a 1-to-1 image 2 card object mapping frm d outset. Wud save on system crashg computation. just my gloss.
OP , note this and correct d error 4 a mor problem-free next release ,hopefully.

@ Kambo, I can confidently tell you that holding all cards in a single image file does not in anyway constitute the problem you stated;rather, it would even speed up the game. This is because, once the image is cached, there will not be any need for the program to access memory (which takes much more time than cached access) during the course of the game.

In your suggestion, what it means is that the program has to always access the memory each time it needs to render a particular card during the course of the game which would definitely increase the overall running time of the game and in turn slows the game.

Though, I have not looked into the game, I suggest that, they should look into the code and ensure that used objects are dereferenced once not in use. Again check if the data structure used is suitable for this particular game.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by tivta(m): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2013
We are waiting for an update to this interesting game.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 8:11am On Aug 13, 2013
New game for android phones from us(Swalli Inc). Also, whot! for android users is coming soon. Please check it out https://www.nairaland.com/1395130/new-social-snake-game-android
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Android version finally here http://nextapps.mtnonline.com/32018
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by umar745(m): 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2013
I can't download any of the games on my blackberry 9800. I've set all permissions to allow. What am I doing wrong
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
umar745: I can't download any of the games on my blackberry 9800. I've set all permissions to allow. What am I doing wrong

I will check wen i can. I think d fault myt b frm our end
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by losprince(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
i downloaded it and tried registering but i got an error message saying 404 server not found! when i tried playing offline mode i got application error.
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Javanian: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
losprince: i downloaded it and tried registering but i got an error message saying 404 server not found! when i tried playing offline mode i got application error.

which did you download?
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by losprince(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
^^ i downloaded the j2me version on my nokia express music "slide phone".
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by Tamax: 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
What of d update on java?
Re: Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App by dpuzo: 5:31am On Oct 27, 2013
Tamax: What of d update on java?

I av dnt dat yet. Ddnt u guys still use d java version. Bt i will since i av cin ur interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

So You Want To Be A Programmer...? / Viewing And Creating Reports In Java - Share Ur Experiences / Best School To Learn Java In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.