Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,992 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

What’s Your Market Value? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What’s Your Market Value? (1101 Views)

Things An Average-looking Guy Can Do To Increase His 'market Value' / Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Your Market Value? by bluehorizo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2008
What poverty is doing to the romance industry calls for concern, don’t you think? The fraud in that sector is worse than what is being revealed in the Power Probe at the House of Representatives. Imagine this: all you need to get a girl into your bed is as little as N500 scratch card. Just text it and she will even spend N200 airtime from it thanking you.They are enjoying it. They are too hooked on ‘awoof’ to figure out the ‘bone’. I assure them that there
shall be consequences and repercussions.
Those who think they are doing the women folk a huge favour by sleeping with every girl in sight and telling lies from both sides of their mouths ought really to slow down and think. Problem is when a man is concentrating on his ‘third leg’, nothing else matters.
Geez, I even hear that these girls ride ‘okada’ (motor bikes) to meet guys on dates? I’m weeping inside. If a girl is not being given treats at 20, is it at 40 when her value would be on a steady slope that she would be treated like a queen? Who’s going to tell these girls that it is all stupid to lower your going rate so early?
Every small girl is cutting shows, running after blokes who can hardly fix their second-hand cars and you just wonder where my sisters have left their brains. I It is not supposed to be about money. In fact you feel insulted if he tries to ‘toast’ you with money and you issue him serious warnings for even entertaining the thought that you were for sale.
My sisters are for sale. They are hanging out everything for sale- boobs, bums and navels. You can no longer tell the difference between a LovePeddler and an undergraduate. All cleavages are out in the open. Every girl is flaunting what they should keep under wraps. What can the poor guys do except heed the call? Poor guys who never really needed encouragement before. To them, all these things are just added advantage and they are getting drunk on it. You can’t blame them.
Why would a 20-year-old girl date a 40-year-old salary earner who is married? Pray, what would be there for her? The poor opportunist is struggling to pay his children’s school fees and every year he takes a loan to pay his rent. He tells a long story each time she asks for money. He’ll never leave his wife. In fact, the thought had never crossed his mind.He even boldly tells her he’d never marry a second wife. And she is still in that relationship three years later.Why should a girl ignore eligible suitors for a lover who’d never propose? He’s not even a proper ‘aristo.’
There is a difference between being in love and being insane.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by Sisikill: 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2008
Hmmm, deep. . .very deep thoughts. For me. . .

Leopard Print Louboutin Shoes - 350 (2 seasons ago oh. Who has money for this season's?)

Escada Hight waist skirt - 250

Elle Tahari Cotton top - 95

Accessories (necklace, bangle, earings) - 50

Me as a whole - Priceless!!!

Who taught me that? Why. . .my mama of course. smiley

@ poster
Seriously, you make sense. . .unfortunately, in a dog eat dog, survival for the fittest world like Nigeria, some girls don't have a choice. I'm not condoning it. . .I just wonder why these dirty old men can't find it in the goodness of their hearts to just help these girls instead of sleeping with them. Is Philanthropy dead?
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2008
Yeah poverty is an issue, but such girls suffer from identity crisis and gluttony. If you know your worth, you won't degrade yourself.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by bluehorizo(m): 12:06am On Mar 30, 2008
Sisikill:

@ poster
Seriously, you make sense. . .unfortunately, in a dog eat dog, survival for the fittest world like Nigeria, some girls don't have a choice. I'm not condoning it. . .I just wonder why these dirty old men can't find it in the goodness of their hearts to just help these girls instead of sleeping with them. Is Philanthropy dead?

They have choices just that they don't want to descend low to do meager jobs and earn decent income. I have seen young girls sweep the streets in other to make a decent living. There are opportunities just that most don't want to start from the scratch but want to be at the top without taking a step.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by SamMilla1(m): 12:10am On Mar 30, 2008
bluehorizo:

What poverty is doing to the romance industry calls for concern, don’t you think? The fraud in that sector is worse than what is being revealed in the Power Probe at the House of Representatives. Imagine this: all you need to get a girl into your bed is as little as N500 scratch card. Just text it and she will even spend N200 airtime from it thanking you. And the guys are smug. They are enjoying it. Freebies always has a catch but do my brothers care? They are too hooked on ‘awoof’ to figure out the ‘bone’. I assure them that there shall be consequences and repercussions.

Those who think they are doing the women folk a huge favour by sleeping with every girl in sight and telling lies from both sides of their mouths ought really to slow down and think. Problem is when a man is concentrating on his ‘third leg’, nothing else matters. But I must admit that this whole rubbish is a two-way thing and I am definitely ashamed of my sisters. How did things get this cheap? It’s bad enough that girls are starting out at criminally tender ages but to even reduce one’s market value to pennies so soon is sickening.

Don’t we all know how the stock market works? A prosperous company is one that is doing well and has potentials to grow into a blue chip one. Its share value is always good and if it opens an IPO, it is over subscribed. So how come 20-year-old girls are being priced for pennies? Or what do you call N500 recharge card? Geez, I even hear that these girls ride ‘okada’ (motor bikes) to meet guys on dates? I’m weeping inside. If a girl is not being given treats at 20, is it at 40 when her value would be on a steady slope that she would be treated like a queen? Who’s going to tell these girls that it is all stupid to lower your going rate so early?

Where the heck are their mothers?
Now that this sounds like I’ve reduced things to shares and equity, guys aren’t exactly going to send me flowers. I’m also spoiling the market for them. But my worries today are for how we all are spoiling everything for tomorrow because of a few months of pleasure today. The girls are settling for one-third of what they are worth and the guys are acquiring them in hundreds. For now, it looks to the players like they are having a ball but they are super losers. When the N500 recharge card days are over, these girls will have nothing left.

Nobody will be willing to trade with or in them on or off the floor. They will become desperate. Stockbrokers will warn their clients against buying bad shares and you and I know where that has left too many girls. In the lurch, on the shelf, out in the cold.
As for the guys who are buying long-playing CDs in cartons, the party will soon be over. You will have to marry one of those girls. Sure you won’t marry one of the ones you did for N500, some other ‘mugu’ will, the same way you will end up with another ‘mugu’s’ leftover. Is anybody still wondering why everybody is marrying late and why many marriages are hitting the rocks as soon as they leave the shore?

Every small girl is cutting shows, running after blokes who can hardly fix their second-hand cars and you just wonder where my sisters have left their brains. I thought girls were supposed to start out being romantic and dating good guys. I thought teenagers are supposed to invest in poems, purple prose and roses. In my days there was a sequence to these things. You start out with a guy who would profess undying love, the one who would vow to die for you and whom you will do dangerous things like blood covenant with. He would buy you designer cards, never forget your birthday. You exchange novels and plan futures that are decades away together. It is not supposed to be about money. In fact you feel insulted if he tries to ‘toast’ you with money and you issue him serious warnings for even entertaining the thought that you were for sale.

Not any more. My sisters are for sale. They are hanging out everything for sale- boobs, bums and navels. You can no longer tell the difference between a LovePeddler and an undergraduate. All cleavages are out in the open. Every girl is flaunting what they should keep under wraps. What can the poor guys do except heed the call? Poor guys who never really needed encouragement before. To them, all these things are just added advantage and they are getting drunk on it. You can’t blame them.

The most painful part of this whole cheap business is that today’s girls have no single redeeming features when it comes to what they are worth. How could any sane girl date a man who can neither offer her marriage nor spoil her with money? If you are not going to be a good girl, you should at least not end up a fool. If you must eat a toad, eat the one with eggs, pick a mature toad. Not these dumb ones. They waste the best years of their lives on unfruitful relationships and later blame everybody but themselves when their past catch up with them.

Why would a 20-year-old girl date a 40-year-old salary earner who is married? Pray, what would be there for her? The poor opportunist is struggling to pay his children’s school fees and every year he takes a loan to pay his rent. He tells a long story each time she asks for money. He’ll never leave his wife. In fact, the thought had never crossed his mind.

He even boldly tells her he’d never marry a second wife. And she is still in that relationship three years later. Haba, I thought single girls dated married men for money. If you want to be bad, be very bad. Why should his wife curse you when you have no impressive bank account to show for the embarrassment? Why should a girl ignore eligible suitors for a lover who’d never propose? He’s not even a proper ‘aristo.’ There is a difference between being in love and being insane.

all these john grisham book you wrote here is just to ask for market value in nairaland/, go find the stock brokers and send them this ,
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by bluehorizo(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2008
SAM MILLA:

all these john grisham book you wrote here is just to ask for market value in nairaland/, go find the stock brokers and send them this ,

You can as well write a Sandra Bullock or Sydney Sheldon book and find the stock brokers to send them too. Wahala dey there? na by force make you comment for here? I don't think you should be concerned where you should not be. Shikena
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by iice(f): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2008
bluehorizo:

most don't want to start from the scratch but want to be at the top without taking a step.

Gbam!! na straight to Oga/Madam status them want grin
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by SamMilla1(m): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2008
bluehorizo:

You can as well write a Sandra Bullock or Sydney Sheldon book and find the stock brokers to send them too. Wahala dey there? na by force make you comment for here? I don't think you should be concerned where you should not be. Shikena

@poster,, what are we? oil or gold that u will ask our market value,
i am sure that your people didnt teach you about God when u were a kid,
what makes you think we have market values, do u sell people in your place to determine how much there are worth, are u among these villages that suck a man dry if he comes to marry from your people,
all in the name of training the girl in school or whatever,
i said your thread can onlt generate this kind of reponse from the great people of nairaland,
there is no market value for anybody here, bye.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2008
@ Sam milla
The topic is not about buying and selling girls to the highest bidder, my dear. But one that makes a lot of sense if you had read the underlyings of what he's talking about. This is the issue in Nigeria and I am very much aware of it. Though bluehorizo came through a perspective of stock and shares (that often bore me to death tongue) his words rang true.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by bluehorizo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2008
@stillwater

Thanks for educating Sam milla more because the issue at stake is a syndrome that has eaten deep into our society.

@Sam Milla

Do you live at all in this our great country to understand that this issue is not about stock market?
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by bluehorizo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2008
SAM MILLA:

@poster,, what are we? oil or gold that u will ask our market value,
i am sure that your people didnt teach you about God when u were a kid,
what makes you think we have market values, do u sell people in your place to determine how much there are worth, are u among these villages that suck a man dry if he comes to marry from your people,
all in the name of training the girl in school or whatever
i said your thread can onlt generate this kind of reponse from the great people of nairaland,
there is no market value for anybody here, bye.

It is not all that have eyes that can see and read. Go back to the post,take your time,open your sense organs to digest and understand my post. Is it a must for you to respond? This post is meant for intellectuals and not a stock trader like you.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by desodgi(m): 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2008
that is one long wan, wonder how y'all read that sha.

am just priceless. No matter the currency!
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by SamMilla1(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2008
@desodgi:

that is one long wan, wonder how y'all read that sha.

am just priceless. No matter the currency!

yes, that was my point exactly, i didnt mean the poster is talking about stock, this is a forum, summarise ur thread and hit the points, the first thing that attracts people to ur thread is how smart u write, you dont copy and paste a whole novel and expect people to waste their precious time reading it, i am sorry if u dont understand me mr/miss intellectual but get my point, i said all those things cos i had no time to read ur thread, sorry again.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by desodgi(m): 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2008
guess he'll understand sha
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by wahala2007(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2008
You shouldnt be promoting market value.Your 3 paged sermon should have been on chastity ,faithfulness etc
Finally your long boring sermon does not hold water GBAM
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by EccentricJ(m): 12:56am On Mar 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Me as a whole - Priceless!!!

Beyond Priceless!!! grin
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by idiot(m): 2:05am On Mar 31, 2008
wahala2007:

You shouldnt be promoting market value.Your 3 paged sermon should have been on chastity ,faithfulness etc
Finally your long boring sermon does not hold water GBAM

You are wrong.

booyeah!
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by TheSly: 2:33am On Mar 31, 2008
What poverty is doing to the romance industry calls for concern, don’t you think? The fraud in that sector is worse than what is being revealed in the Power Probe at the House of Representatives. Imagine this: all you need to get a girl into your bed is as little as N500 scratch card. Just text it and she will even spend N200 airtime from it thanking you. And the guys are smug. They are enjoying it. Freebies always has a catch but do my brothers care? They are too hooked on ‘awoof’ to figure out the ‘bone’. I assure them that there shall be consequences and repercussions.

Those who think they are doing the women folk a huge favour by sleeping with every girl in sight and telling lies from both sides of their mouths ought really to slow down and think. Problem is when a man is concentrating on his ‘third leg’, nothing else matters. But I must admit that this whole rubbish is a two-way thing and I am definitely ashamed of my sisters. How did things get this cheap? It’s bad enough that girls are starting out at criminally tender ages but to even reduce one’s market value to pennies so soon is sickening.

Don’t we all know how the stock market works? A prosperous company is one that is doing well and has potentials to grow into a blue chip one. Its share value is always good and if it opens an IPO, it is over subscribed. So how come 20-year-old girls are being priced for pennies? Or what do you call N500 recharge card? Geez, I even hear that these girls ride ‘okada’ (motor bikes) to meet guys on dates? I’m weeping inside. If a girl is not being given treats at 20, is it at 40 when her value would be on a steady slope that she would be treated like a queen? Who’s going to tell these girls that it is all stupid to lower your going rate so early?

Where the heck are their mothers?
Now that this sounds like I’ve reduced things to shares and equity, guys aren’t exactly going to send me flowers. I’m also spoiling the market for them. But my worries today are for how we all are spoiling everything for tomorrow because of a few months of pleasure today. The girls are settling for one-third of what they are worth and the guys are acquiring them in hundreds. For now, it looks to the players like they are having a ball but they are super losers. When the N500 recharge card days are over, these girls will have nothing left.

Nobody will be willing to trade with or in them on or off the floor. They will become desperate. Stockbrokers will warn their clients against buying bad shares and you and I know where that has left too many girls. In the lurch, on the shelf, out in the cold.
As for the guys who are buying long-playing CDs in cartons, the party will soon be over. You will have to marry one of those girls. Sure you won’t marry one of the ones you did for N500, some other ‘mugu’ will, the same way you will end up with another ‘mugu’s’ leftover. Is anybody still wondering why everybody is marrying late and why many marriages are hitting the rocks as soon as they leave the shore?

Every small girl is cutting shows, running after blokes who can hardly fix their second-hand cars and you just wonder where my sisters have left their brains. I thought girls were supposed to start out being romantic and dating good guys. I thought teenagers are supposed to invest in poems, purple prose and roses. In my days there was a sequence to these things. You start out with a guy who would profess undying love, the one who would vow to die for you and whom you will do dangerous things like blood covenant with. He would buy you designer cards, never forget your birthday. You exchange novels and plan futures that are decades away together. It is not supposed to be about money. In fact you feel insulted if he tries to ‘toast’ you with money and you issue him serious warnings for even entertaining the thought that you were for sale.

Not any more. My sisters are for sale. They are hanging out everything for sale- boobs, bums and navels. You can no longer tell the difference between a LovePeddler and an undergraduate. All cleavages are out in the open. Every girl is flaunting what they should keep under wraps. What can the poor guys do except heed the call? Poor guys who never really needed encouragement before. To them, all these things are just added advantage and they are getting drunk on it. You can’t blame them.

The most painful part of this whole cheap business is that today’s girls have no single redeeming features when it comes to what they are worth. How could any sane girl date a man who can neither offer her marriage nor spoil her with money? If you are not going to be a good girl, you should at least not end up a fool. If you must eat a toad, eat the one with eggs, pick a mature toad. Not these dumb ones. They waste the best years of their lives on unfruitful relationships and later blame everybody but themselves when their past catch up with them.

Why would a 20-year-old girl date a 40-year-old salary earner who is married? Pray, what would be there for her? The poor opportunist is struggling to pay his children’s school fees and every year he takes a loan to pay his rent. He tells a long story each time she asks for money. He’ll never leave his wife. In fact, the thought had never crossed his mind.

He even boldly tells her he’d never marry a second wife. And she is still in that relationship three years later. Haba, I thought single girls dated married men for money. If you want to be bad, be very bad. Why should his wife curse you when you have no impressive bank account to show for the embarrassment? Why should a girl ignore eligible suitors for a lover who’d never propose? He’s not even a proper ‘aristo.’ There is a difference between being in love and being insane.

No one would read your epistle of Paul if you cant post in a concise and cogent manner.! wink
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by bluehorizo(m): 10:55am On Mar 31, 2008
@~^Sly^~

Thank you for the point.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by almondjoy(f): 11:04am On Mar 31, 2008
@poster,

Please without reading your long story, I will just stick to the topic of the thread.  Too cross-eyed this morning to stay focused.

My market value can be found in "DOW JONES"!  To the highest bidder with the deepest pockets.  Simple! kiss
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by gentledove(f): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2008
@ Poster,

my Market Value is of INESTIMABLE VALUE. QED cool
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2008
My Brother you are so right, most of us have lost all sense of self value and are ok taking crumbs. Its a cultural thing, women here are taught to be greatful for what ever crumb of affection amna throws their way, you will see a woman being treated like trash and when you ask her why she holds oin, she will say, love is patient, the man will come back to her. The truth is my sisters, love is kind love is patient but its a two way thing, give and take, if he is not giving he shouldnt be taking
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by micklplus(m): 11:43am On Mar 31, 2008
aisha2:

My Brother you are so right, most of us have lost all sense of self value and are ok taking crumbs. Its a cultural thing, women here are taught to be greatful for what ever crumb of affection amna throws their way, you will see a woman being treated like trash and when you ask her why she holds oin, she will say, love is patient, the man will come back to her. The truth is my sisters, love is kind love is patient but its a two way thing, give and take, if he is not giving he shouldnt be taking

Good point aisha !
cheers
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by ogb5(m): 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2008
almondjoy:

@poster,

Please without reading your long story, I will just stick to the topic of the thread. Too cross-eyed this morning to stay focused.

My market value can be found in "DOW JONES"! To the highest bidder with the deepest pockets. Simple! kiss

Almond, maybe am qualified, I bid 50 usd. Whats my position on the bid list
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by bluehorizo(m): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2008
ogb5:

Almond, maybe am qualified, I bid 50 usd. Whats my position on the bid list

lol grin grin grin
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by TheSly: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2008
bluehorizo:

@~^Sly^~

Thank you for the point.
You are most welcome bro!! cool
Nice post by the way!! wink
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by lafile(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ Poster
The Post is not too long
People are Just toooooo lazy to read.
Keep it up.
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by jkpretty(f): 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2008
Truth is many people simply can't define themselves. They don't know who they are.

To Some, life situations has subjected them to taking decisions which they are not happy with. Some have actually made themselves valueless by their own hands.

My Market Value?
My olo will answer that grin
Re: What’s Your Market Value? by kalmebad(f): 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2008
@poster
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm good observation
Blame the society, blame some parents who fails to instil discipline into their children
It's all about the quest to BELONG

Let the world speak volume here,
My market value can never be "questioned"

(1) (Reply)

Genuine People / Help! How Do I Tell Dis Girl I Don't Need Her / The Body Language That Turns Women Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.