Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,084 members, 7,828,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. (9554 Views)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by White007(m): 4:49am On Mar 24, 2013
Yoruba_omoge and Ikengawo you both should stop spamming the thread. Wtf!
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by vizboy(m): 4:58am On Mar 24, 2013
Somebody started a good thread and made a good point and u guys are here insulting urselfs. I am ashame for you guys No self respect at all for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 24, 2013
I prefer d enemy dat confronts me dan d one dat hides in d shadows to attack by proxy. If u know d yorubas...hmmm.
I have since directd my anger to d shoeless one in Aso rock dat we voted and are supporting more dan his own ppl in d south south. He sits in Aso rock doing nothing while the grand design to exterminate ndigbo with impunity is being carried out! Our crime as Ndigbo have always bn daring to be successful and independent in d midst of woes and over-dependence on govt.
I cried like a baby when i heard of d death of Achebe...why? Cos Ndigbo have lost a lone,committed voice dat agitates for our welfare. D rest of Ndigbo leaders are self-centered ,directionless and wtout vision.
I think Peter Obi(am from Enugu) is in d mould of d next leader of Ndigbo, shld he 'get down on one knee and stoop to be burdened' wt dat role .
As for d yorubas rejoicing over Achebe's death; let them pray dat d star of their generation will be worthy to touch d hem of d rag Achebe wiped his shoe with.
My heart is too heavy for words 2day.

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by bittyend(m): 5:14am On Mar 24, 2013
[size=14pt]Igbos are too sensitive and childish for unity.

Yoruba country or nothing else! Imperial Republic of Odua!!![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/214670_odua_JPGc192e329e64a4775498bbab4e521b0cb

[img]http://4.bp..com/_O5S81JkhlP4/R6erzpBscsI/AAAAAAAAACs/Gnr4wonzieA/s400/a_a_Oriade_4.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by bittyend(m): 5:15am On Mar 24, 2013
^^That's my country!!

Proudly oduan!! cheesy
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by bittyend(m): 5:20am On Mar 24, 2013
[size=18pt]All Biafrans can come to me for a visiting or tourist visa to the Imperial Republic of Odua, with this passport:[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/874615_BIAFRA_PPT_jpg9b9d523e7d0ea75d59f1862d52f436a0

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Ikengawo: 5:22am On Mar 24, 2013
MS PAINT?!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/214670_odua_JPGc192e329e64a4775498bbab4e521b0cb
HAAAHHHAAAHAAAhAAA

by all means go for it! make it happen! Musiwa lo ni!

I hear you've even formed presidential guard
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGDpkhDCMAI7FfM.jpg:large[/img]
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by liveth21: 9:37am On Mar 24, 2013
some1 took his time 2 rease an important tread 4 delibration.some of u guys thinks dat it approprate 2 turn it in2 tribalistic confrontation.Anyway am new here.av been following u guys 4 yrs.but dont comment,just read ur veiws.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Efikman(m): 9:48am On Mar 24, 2013
ZUBY77: Since the emergence of the six geo-political zones in Nigeria, i saw an opportunity for the southerners (SW, SS and SE) to unite but they are still holding each other down on the mud.
An Igbo proverb says that ' Oji onye nani ji onwe ya' (He who holds another down, holds himself down too. Since he will need to stay down to hold the other
)
Since Independence, the North has been killing the southerners, mostly the Igbos, each time Power shifts out of their (north) hands to the South.

The killings brought about the civil war in 1966 and the killings continued long after the war. It is a fact that the Yorubas easily defected to Nigeria during the civil war but Igbos could have done the same if they owned SW and Lagos. Awolowo was part of the govt during the war but he was not incharge of the war. Gowon was incharge. Awolowo did what he was told to do, starve the enemy to submission which is a war strategy all over the World. Awolowo knew that the Biafrans will lose the war since Nigeria had better allies in Britain who were still much on ground then. Although we the Igbos blamed Awolowo because his strategy didn't favour us and someone (Achebe) surely had to point that out. Informatiion such as that cannot be allowed to die easily because we all need to learn from it but we the Igbos must understand that Awolowo did what he was ordered to do. While we are busy blaming Awolowo, some group of animals in the North are killing the Southerners everyday, destroying their business and destablising their familiies.
Their Original plan of invading the south, conquering it and converting it to Islamic region is still their agenda.

To my fellow Igbos, we must leave Yoruba alone and face our enemy which is the North. Yorubas are not violent or hostile towards us compared to the North. Yorubas don't burn our houses or shops or companies, rather they increase rents and taxes which i also believe we are capable of doing if we are in their shoes.

The South must unite to fight the common enemy. We the Igbos must be prudent enough to stop fighting in two fronts and concentrate our energy and time to fighting our common enemy.
First, we must have a confederation of southern Nigeria. That will send a message to them up there iin the North.
I have devised about 10 ways which we will use to defeat the North and own our lives but i cannot post it on the internet. The Ohaneze Ndigbo is a useless group. The politicians are greedy and will sell out any time.
I don't know which group to approach yet but i am patiently waiting.
. I don't see Ibos teaming up with Cowards and Backstabbers.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by Akshow: 9:50am On Mar 24, 2013
this is embarrassing.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ecosanders: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2013
@OP, did u even hav a brain? U kip reffering 2 Hausa as ur enemy, n insulting them as if d Igbo hav lost more 2 BH dan d Hausas, dnt kw y u r always looking 4 trouble, d Hausas n Yorubas hav already move on frm D Civil war wic ur kinsmen r d cause. Yesterday it was Policewoman trying 2 pitch d Hausa n Yoruba 2gda, nw its d OP seeking support frm Yoruba 2 fight d Hausas.
Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ZUBY77(m): 10:23am On Mar 24, 2013
Efikman: . I don't see Ibos teaming up with Cowards and Backstabbers.

The situation here is the comparison of Yoruba and Hausa. Which of them will make a better ally.
Like i pointed out, Yorubas backstabbed because they were trying to protect their kingdom from destruction. They already knew that Biafra will lose the war anyway since Britain, Egypt and others joined Nigeria and supplied them with weapons. The seat of power was then in Lagos, Gowon was operating from Lagos. There was nothing they could have done.
Secondary, we should find out the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba before Independence and the war.

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ZUBY77(m): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2013
ecosanders: @OP, did u even hav a brain? U kip reffering 2 Hausa as ur enemy, n insulting them as if d Igbo hav lost more 2 BH dan d Hausas, dnt kw y u r always looking 4 trouble, d Hausas n Yorubas hav already move on frm D Civil war wic ur kinsmen r d cause. Yesterday it was Policewoman trying 2 pitch d Hausa n Yoruba 2gda, nw its d OP seeking support frm Yoruba 2 fight d Hausas.

Either way, we must avoid violent people. I believe the Hausa leaders can put an end to BH if we iisolate them.
You must stop lying to yourself. Which Hausa lost equal numbers of people through BH bombs?

Was it the Madalla Church bombing?(since when did Hausas join Christ)

Was it the current Kano bombing where it was confirmed that over 80% were Igbos?

What about the countless Church bombings?
For the fact that the bombings are happening in the North doesnt mean Northerners are the targets.

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. by ecosanders: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2013
ZUBY77:

Either way, we must avoid volent people. I believe the Hausa leaders can put an end to BH if we iisolate them.
You must stop lying to yourself. Which Hausa lost equal numbers of people through BH bombs?

Was it the Madalla Church bombing?(since when did Hausas join Christ)

Was it the current Kano bombing where it was confirmed that over 80% were Igbos?

What about the countless Church bombings?
For the fact that the bombings are happening in the North doesnt mean Northerners are the targets.
Bro stop lying 2 urself, wic evidence prove dat 80% of d last bombing r Igbo? U said wen did d Hausas start goin 2 Church? It means u dnt go out of ur enclave, All d bombing in Maiduguri, yola, adamawa, market places etc hav claim more Northern lifes dan any oda tribe, not 2 talk of Clerics n sheiks assasinated 4 speaking up, abi u 4get d First Kano attack which is d biggest attack by BH.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LP: Abure Signed MoU To Leave In June 2023, I Have No Personal Ambition - Ajaero / Militants Attack UNIPORT / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.