Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC (26982 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Alaibe Makes Last-minute Move To Defect To PDP / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by AdeniyiA(m): 3:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
i was actually enjoying the post until i got to where EFCC was mentioned,i then asked my friend if this agency really does still exist @all,he said lately he hasn't heard much of them.
methink their teeth have been removed?
unlike Ribadu,it took me several minutes to remember the current chairman's name -which i was skeptical if he's still in charge.
my people,what's happening to EFCC? does it still exist? what about the chairman?
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by thelastPope(m): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
philips70:

My friend keep quiet and deviate from these ND blackmails. Am a Niger Deltan and can categorically tell you we are our own enemy. Is Ibori, Alamieseigha, Odili, Igbinedion, Uduaghan etc from the North? Are these not all thieves who plundered and are still plundering the allocations given to us for development? If you lack reason quit this place and go do something meaningful. You do not need rocket science to tell you PDP has failed and will continue to fail and that the Nation need a change.

You are not from ND. You are just a noise maker. Did Ibori kill Saro Wiwa? Did lucky stop the compensation of host communities? Did Odili share the oil blocks? Is it ibori that is stalling the PIB? Is it lucky that used oil rvenue to build Abuja and Lagos and left the ND states underdeveloped? Do you know that Bayelsa joined the nations power grid during OBJ's time? You are talking absolute nonsense.

We know our enemies. No one can deceive us again. Ibori and Odili are just a few traitors among us and they are not relevant anymore. Please don't talk about Alams because Alams has done far more for the ND than your generation can ever do. His past issues with OBJ and UK can't change that fact.

Isn't it interesting that the 2 best governors since 1999, Donald Duke and Akpabio, are both Niger Delta governors? Yet you only deceitfully mention Lucky and Ibori! And you support some non performing northern governors who alledgedly want to join a yet to be registered party so they can produce another northern thief and oppressor. See how confused you are?

All that is old trick and it won't work on us anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by Myself2(m): 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
Who is fooling who??
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by Reference(m): 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
Sormeh: If dis massive cross-carpeting sees d light of d day, den is good for our democracy, at least for d populace. To think dat it's d same corrupt PDP pple (whom we crave passionately to vote out) dat are moving to APC does not necessarily mean we will remain in dis socio-economic shambles by enthroning an APC govt.

PDP as a party is d system promoting massive corruption wit impunity. You may be a potentially corrupt public office holder but can be hampered from embezzlemnt if d party ideology is right.

So, their defection should be seen as a plus especially if Buhari, Ribadu etc are in d scheme. IMHO.

And what can Buhari as party chairman or as President do about a looting member in power. What are they doing about looting party men as we speak. Please democracy doesn't work that way. I said it last year that to ascend to power you have to make many compromises, jump into bed with total strangers. It has happened with CPC and ACN. Now with PDP. By 2015 will it resemble the party you once knew? Be realistic.

Even in the Governor's Forum, the National Assembly and other pan political gatherings there is more opposition to the government from PDP members than any other party. What will turn this country around is beyond the actions of any one man.

1 Like

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by tomakint: 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
thelastPope:

Look, if you guys are really intelligent as you claim, you will not be pushing this kind of pitch. It is beer parlour talk. Whether it was published by New York Times, doesn't matter. According to an unknown source this and unknown source that, is just garbage journalism.

Secondly, the whole logic is flawed. Whether its the logic of moving PDP governors over to APC so they can attain sainthood, or the logic of thinking those governors will actually deliver those states is all wrong.

For example, why would Amaechi be joining the opposition? Is it to get more support or to get the VP slot? If it is support, then he doesn't need it. If it is for the VP slot, it will destroy his political carrier back home. He will be a reject and be tagged a traitor for life by the ND. He won't get 1000 votes from his state.

Many of you never travel and that is why you post all these kind of stuff. The days of the north voting en block are long gone. If you think that these northern PDP governors will jump into the opposition on wishful thinking that the APC will win 2015, then you must be high on something. People like Atiku and IBB will never submit themselves to a party that they have no serious stake in. Many of these governors are their prodigies.

2015 is going to be a good year for Nigeria for one thing. We will decide either to continue as one or go our separate ways. If we do decide to continue, it will be based on fairness and equity. The whole concept that the power must return to the north whose leaders destroyed the country for over 40 years has become an eye opener to the whole ND people and people are ready, fully ready.

The ND of today is not the one of 1970. We will have and maintain our freedom from the Hausa/Fulani/muslim north and her collaborators. Gowon, OBJ, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, Abdusalami have all ruled and ravaged our lands and plundered it. No more. No amount of intimidation or cyber attack will douse our resolve. The PIB will be passed whether those fooolish senators like it or yes. The oil blocks will be revoked and we will have our day!
My brother, I say a big AMEN to your prayers and as for me I have declared woe unto any southerner who dares cast his or her votes for any funky mallam, no more going back to stone age thinking cool

2 Likes

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by chidexy(m): 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
PHIPEX: If the PDP guys move to APC what then is the difference between the old and the new parties? If the people we considered bad Governors of PDP suddenly change party to APC will it make them now good? It's like we are doomed with these same crop of leaders, imagine when OBJ now supports APC?

The highlighted refer: Obasanjo is a secret ACN member. That's the only reason why he resigned as BOT Chairman of PDP.
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by thelastPope(m): 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
philips70:

My friend keep quiet and deviate from these ND blackmails. Am a Niger Deltan and can categorically tell you we are our own enemy. Is Ibori, Alamieseigha, Odili, Igbinedion, Uduaghan etc from the North? Are these not all thieves who plundered and are still plundering the allocations given to us for development? If you lack reason quit this place and go do something meaningful. You do not need rocket science to tell you PDP has failed and will continue to fail and that the Nation need a change.
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by otokx(m): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
Thisday has joined the rumor monger mill, so unfortunate.
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by Reference(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
otokx: Thisday has joined the rumor monger mill, so unfortunate.

Otokx your guv'nor dey among. Nothing spoil. N/D should not remain a one party zone. It is not healthy.
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by deji47: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
TechRev: How can a sane man use the problem as his solution? Naija ehh ...
hehehe.....now that got me ROTFWL!!
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by damas11111(m): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
Irrespective of who and who end up in APC or whatever name the opposition adopts, it' will be good for our democracy in the sense that competition will be deepened and more meaningful than the "monopoly" that we currently have. Leave or take, among the many evil men in the PDP, there are still a few that will be good enough to make the competition strong. At the end of the day, strong opposition will help Nigeria as a whole just as "perfect competition" in economics is good for the consumers.
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by Freeanijoo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
Tukur once said PDP is the messi of nigeria' politic, its not a big deal if i watch this game with 3D.

1 Like

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by olabukola: 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
Reference:

Otokx your guv'nor dey among. Nothing spoil. N/D should not remain a one party zone. It is not healthy.
But ACN is trying to win all SW states. Is that gonna be healthy when they do?

1 Like

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by Mogidi: 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
Even if 10 govs joins Amateur Peoples Congress (APC) PDP will still win.

1 Like

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by olabukola: 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2013
Eko Ile: Too bad when its all said and done, APC = Another PDP.

Credible opposition in Nigeria is still a mirage.
Hahahaha where is GBawe to read this. Thank Allah for restoring you.

1 Like

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by olabukola: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
Gbawe:
To that end, forward-planning disgruntled PDP Governors will certainly look to move to the APC [/b].
The tune is changing, before now we use to hear "14 years of nothing to show from pdp" Please Mr Gbawe when did these forwarding-thinking Pdp gov get disgrunted?

2 Likes

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by dady12: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
If you are critisizing the governors for defecting to apc or whatever,you are on your own.if the governors remain in pdp,some of you that are crying will still vote for them and start crying the following month after swearing in.dont forget that sdp is the current pdp today and pdp can still be apc tommorow.for me and my family ,we can never vote for pdp again no matter how you preach the gospel of pdp .the reason is best know to me on how pdp and GEJ frustrasted the people of delta state by impossing an animal in human form as a governor.how fish where counted as human being in delta state election,subsidy scam which jona failed to arrest and prosecute,alams pardon,maina escape ,4 billions for mission house and many more reasons unmeasure will make me to distant my self from pdp.i cannot blame any governor for defecting becos one have to join a party in which he can earn the respect due for him r,if uduaghan today join apc then i will go back to pdp,if he remain pdp then i will enjoy in apc or which ever opposition avluable
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by maasoap(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
APC supporters shouldn't worry about PDP govs, reps, senators and other politicians in PDP coming to APC, we need many and more of them to dislodge PDP. After all, it takes only whoever is the president to dictate the direction he wants the country to go. Imagine Bode Gorge and Alarms in APC with Buhari as our president, don't you think the two will behave themselves? We need them, they're welcome. We still have thieves in Nigeria because the president himself is a t****
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by taharqa: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2013

Plz, did anoda person hack into dis handle's name. Or, is it my eyes that is deceiving me??

6 Likes

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by taharqa: 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
olabukola: The tune is changing, before now we use to hear "14 years of nothing to show from pdp" Please Mr Gbawe when did these forwarding-thinking Pdp gov get disgrunted?

Gbawe is a HYPOCRITE. Are you just been made aware?? I laugh until I was gasping for breath last 2 wks when Oga Gbawe calld these same Northern PDP Govs 'Moderates'

Actuali, I hv not stop laughing.. Hehehehehehehehehehehe.........
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by talktimi(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
If a carpenter relocates from another village, will he start work in the new village as a welder ?
I laugh at the ignorant naivety of some respondents on this thread but it is really quite sad and there is absolutely no justification for the progressives to be tainted with the bad blood of scoundrels. Common logic if its applied will not allow me or anybody who uses his brains to take these APC dudes seriously especially if they allow these governors into their fold. Its just the same old s#it with a different name.
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by olabukola: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2013
taharqa: Gbawe is a HYPOCRITE. Are you just been made aware?? I laugh until I was gasping for breath last 2 wks when Oga Gbawe calld these same Northern PDP Govs 'Moderates'...actuali, I hv not stop laughing.. Hehehehehehehe
I knew him long ago. PDP is not doing fine but PDP is not a person rather group of people, now the same people that are bad that made up PDP are trooping enmass to our so called "progressive party", did they change over-night?

2 Likes

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by Orblonde: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
If some of the top looters cross-carpet to the new party does it not then become another party of looters? Now we will go into frenzies of false hope for the next ten years until we learn, again, the hard way. Why are we so naive?

1 Like

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by kiyosaki1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
thelastPope: How can they move to defect to a party that doesn't exist and whose acronym has been taking by another group of people.

All this beer parlour talk is pathetic journalism.

Forget the propaganda. Just go and register a name first, then we can take you serious.
Callouse statement from an inept tsars
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by kiyosaki1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
olabukola: I knew him long ago. PDP is not doing fine but PDP is not a person rather group of people, now the same people that are bad that made up PDP are trooping enmass to our so called "progressive party", did they change over-night?
Compare happenings at the APC control states and PDP.PDP have been given there fair chance and fail woefully ,so my brother lets try another party
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by iykak47: 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2013

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by kiyosaki1(m): 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
maasoap: APC supporters shouldn't worry about PDP govs, reps, senators and other politicians in PDP coming to APC, we need many and more of them to dislodge PDP. After all, it takes only whoever is the president to dictate the direction he wants the country to go. Imagine Bode Gorge and Alarms in APC with Buhari as our president, don't you think the two will behave themselves? We need them, they're welcome. We still have thieves in Nigeria because the president himself is a t****
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by olabukola: 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
kiyosaki1: Compare happenings at the APC control states and PDP.PDP have been given there fair chance and fail woefully ,so my brother lets try another party
We can try another party but not with the people you said failed woefully. I don't think APC is another party if they are made up of PDP runaway gov.

1 Like

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by maasoap(m): 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
PDP controls 23 states while APC controls less than 13 states at the moment. Then, how do you intend to dislodge PDP if you don't want them in the newly formed party? Many nairalanders are not politicians but noise makers. Winning elections is about population and figures, without PDP members defecting to APC or PDP dividing into 2 or 3 parties, APC should forget it. These people (govs and co) control voters and no matter what you tell them about new party, they'll only follow their leaders.
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by thelastPope(m): 5:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
maasoap: APC supporters shouldn't worry about PDP govs, reps, senators and other politicians in PDP coming to APC, we need many and more of them to dislodge PDP. After all, it takes only whoever is the president to dictate the direction he wants the country to go. Imagine Bode Gorge and Alarms in APC with Buhari as our president, don't you think the two will behave themselves? We need them, they're welcome. We still have thieves in Nigeria because the president himself is a t****

Question: So why has Buhari not made the nasarawa CPC gov to behave himself? Because Buhari?

Answer: Because Buhari is a crook himself. A thief that squandered over 200 billion naira PTF funds. Why did he keep quiet when IBB called him out? He should have made more noise now. lol

1 Like

Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by maasoap(m): 5:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
If we in APC are strongly opposing the coming of PDP govs into our party on the ground that they're corrupt, are we not indirectly saying that all govs in opposition parties are not corrupt? The issue of how to tackle corruption in Nigeria is solely depends on the president. Who gives the fuc.k if all PDP govs defect to APC as long as have people like Buhari and ribadu as our president. After all we're still in short of supporters in APC. Once they're in Rome, they'll act like Romans.
Re: Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC by maasoap(m): 5:20pm On Mar 24, 2013
thelastPope:
Question: So why has Buhari not made the nasarawa CPC gov to behave himself? Because Buhari?
Answer: Because Buhari is a crook himself. A thief that squandered over 200 billion naira PTF funds. Why did he keep quiet when IBB called him out? He should have made more noise now. lol
Because Buhari is not our president. Or is he the one who is caging EFCC?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TY Danjuma: 'Boko Haram’s Intelligence Is 100% Better Than That Of Our Military' / Police To Patrol On Smart Motorbikes In Anambra - Pictures / Frank Kokori: How A Powerful Mafia Runs Nigeria – APC Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.