Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Judging Others - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judging Others (1196 Views)

What is Your Take On Judging Others! / What's Your Take On Judging Others? / Judging Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judging Others by Geewan(m): 11:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you”- Luke 6:37-38.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You HYPOCRITE, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye” – Luke 6:41-42.

I will like to know the relevance of these verses seeing there are plethora of posts on Nairaland that tend to more than judge other people. Many of these threads/posts are particularly directed at Islam, Muslims and Allah’s prophet (PBUH). I searched the entire Nairaland but couldn’t come across a single attack on Jesus (Isa, PBUH) from muslims. The people who initiate these attacks are the same set of people who will utter “Do not judge” when a Christian is attacked. Seems to me that is HYPOCRISY. Therefore, I will like to know:

Are the verses no longer relevant today?
Do the verses only apply to judging other fellow Christians?
Intelligent contributions only.
Re: Judging Others by Geewan(m): 8:06am On Mar 25, 2013
Why are answers not forthcoming or am I on a ghost chase here?
Re: Judging Others by enilove(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2013
The implied meaning of Matt7:1-5 is that when we judge ,we should make sure that we are not guilty of the same offence which we accuse others of commiting.It does not implied that we should not judge at at,but judge righty.
How can one judge rightly when there is a beam in one's eye?
B4 u judge others,first talk to yourself,deal with yourself,correct urself,change from ur bad ways,stop stealing,stop adultery etc.That is when you can rightly judge others.

A fornicator is an hypocrite if he calls another person an adulterer.
When you have corrected urself ,then you will be in a position to judge rightly.

The essence of that bible passage is for us to judge rightly not that we should never judge.

Luke 12:57 Jesus said "yea and why even of yourself ,judge not what is right?

John 7:24 "Judge not accordng to the appearance but judge the righteous judgment."

1 Corinth 5: 1- 3 "It is reported commonly that there is forcication among you ,and such fornicatn as is not so much as named among d Gentiles,that one should have his father's wife.And ye are puffed up,& have not rather mourned,that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.For I verily,as absent in body,but present in spirit,have JUDGED ALREADY ,as though I were present,concerning him that hath so done this deed."

1 Corinth 6:1-2 "Dare any of you,having a matter against another,go to law before the unjust,& not b4 the saints?Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you,are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

The above references show clearly that we can judge but we must judge righly.

Matt 23:23" Woe unto you,scribes and Pharisees,hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin,and have omitted the weightier matters of the law ,JUDGMENT ,mercy and faith:THESE OUGHT YE HAVE DONE AND NOT LEAVE THE OTHER UNDONE

Jesus is not against good judgment but injustice.

If there is no law to judge an armed robber,there will be so much chaos in the world, that you will be tired of living. If a murderer is left unpunished, there will be so much death on our roads ,that will make life unworthy of living.

Without lawyers and judges,the rich people would have become monsters in the society.

Law profession is a divine profession,because God Himself is the Greatest Judge,that no one can judge.

Do you expect the christians to keep quiet when the Satanic children called Boko Haram are killing innocent people?

Is that hypocrisy to condemn killing of innocent people?
The fact is that the problem with the muslims is more than hypocrisy.It is demonic and Satanic for anyone who enjoys hearing the news of death of innocent people.

How many of the muslim nations put together can withstand the christian nations if religious war breaks out?
Which christian will tell you he is killing for Jesus and will not be condemned by the majority of the christians?
How many condemnations are we getting from the muslims against the killings of innocent people.What efforts have they put in place to indicate their hatred for shedding of innocent people?
Even on nairaland, the muslims never condemned them,but are silently enjoying it.

Are you not asking far too much by saying Christians should not condemn these fanatics,who think they are offering a service to God by killing men ,women and children of the christians faith?

If God wants to change the whole world to an Islamic world,it does not cost Him anything.You do not have to kill for God because you want people to bcom muslims.

We Christians should wait and keep quiet till the Satanic children starts going from house to house slauthering people as Muhammed did in Mecca in the name of religion?

Most Nigerian Christians are more exposed internationally and can easily organise a group that will be equiped with more deadly weapons in retaliation of the killings.
But a true child of God will know that he will end up in hell if he tries it.
And we feel we should make this country a peaceful place for us all to live in .
Re: Judging Others by Geewan(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
^^^
Thanks for your contribution, enilove

I honestly expect to see you around since you are one of those guilty of this. You are welcome!
You are always missing the fact that Christianity has killed more people than every other religion combined. It is a known fact you can check for yourself. I remember providing a link for you before with respect to that.

I know the Luke and Matthew verses didn’t talk about not judging at all but on judging rightly. How are you certain I and other Muslims enjoy the killings by boko haram before you judge us with it? I personally loathe boko haram and I know quite a large number of other Muslims who don’t agree with their illegal activities but still you judge us with it. Do you know how many Imams and Muslims have been killed in the north for condemning their activities? You will not want to know because you have a pre-conceived notion about Islam that nobody can erase from your mind. There are bad elements in every religion be it Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism you just name it but the underlying thing is NO RELIGION SUPPORTS VIOLENCE!

I try my utmost best to love and do good to people around me whether there are Christians or not, I don’t fornicate, I don’t steal, I have respect for Jesus (Isa, PBUH), I obey the laws of the land, I make sincerity and honesty my watch words, etc but still you judge me simply because I say I’m a Muslim and there is only one God who Jesus (Isa, PBUH) worshipped and I don’t buy the idea of a wicked father who had to sacrifice his only begotten son in other to forgive me my sins.

I’m sure people like you will be saying something entirely different in real life about Muslims but only see Nairaland as a “safe haven” to spread hate. My best friends are Christians and I love them so much.

Have you ever asked yourself why Muslims don’t attack Jesus (Isa, PBUH) despite the large number of attack on Islam, Muslims and Allah’s Prophet? I couldn’t find a single post on Nairaland by Muslims attacking Jesus (Isa, PBUH). That beats my imagination!
Re: Judging Others by Geewan(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Double post
Re: Judging Others by ParisLove1: 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
Geewan: Why are answers not forthcoming or am I on a ghost chase here?
Why are you looking for unnecessary attention? Your section too boring for you?

Where have your prophet been accused wrongfully? Anyways your questions have been addressed many times on this forum.
Paris_Love: [b]Evil certainly has to be condemned. Not to judge doesn't mean you won't condemn evil. Rom2;1 Do you, my friend, pass judgment on others? You have no excuse at all, whoever you are. For when you judge others and do the same thing they do, you condemn yourself."

In another place Jesus said first remove the peck in your eyes before you see the log of wood in others. He never said don't remove that peck. What the bible is preaching against is hypocrisy. You cannot condemn when you do the same thing. Some peeps just don't get.
undecidedundecided

https://www.nairaland.com/1066390/whats-take-judging-others#12446151
Re: Judging Others by enilove(m): 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
No body is perfect,if I mistook all muslims for violent people,am sorry for that.

As you righly said,it is possible for many muslims to have gotten killed in trying to discourage the Boko Haram from carrying out their atrocities.

To start with,whether you like it or not,whether you know it or not,God loves you and does not want you to perish,that was why He sacrificed His only beggotten Son for the whole world,that whosoever believes him shall not perish,but shall have an everlasting life.

This sacrificed was to redeemed us back to God.
Jesus Christ himself volunteered to die for our sins.
The sacrifice was not an eternal death but first death or physical death on earth.
God knew that Jesus would not sin but would conquer death and resurrect ,thereby claiming victory for mankind.

Do not view God as a wicked Father,but rather see God as a loving Father,because we are all children of God.

Secondly,it is a mere allegation that christians have killed more than any other religion.
Between You and I,how many killings have we witnessed, coming from the Christians against the Muslims?
Do the christians kill people for Jesus,even if you call Jesus different names that he does not bear?How many organised criminal groups do the christians have?
Let us assume there were once satanic ( christians) groups who had b4 killed many innocent souls,is there now any justification for a revenge?
Are the Boko Haram avenging for the blood of which we know not?
We should let bygone be bygone.we let the expired remain vanished.

By and large, if you have those innate qualities you mentioned above, I thank God for your life,but that is known as self righteousness, which does not save anyone,because it is like a filthy rage b4 God.

You have to accept that Jesus died for your sin ,then you are on the right track.

I have muslims as friends also and I love them too.

Come to think of it,why would we feel nairaland is safe place to air our views as regards these killings of innocent ones?

I have discussed this on many occasions with my muslim friends and the same answer I get is that those people are not muslims.

As a christian I do not hate any body,because Jesus said in Matt 5:44 "But I say unto you,love your enemies,bless them that curse you,do good to them that hate you,and pray for them which despitefully use you,and persecute you.That ye may be children of your Father which is in heaven:for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good,and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust"

Thanks,I always enjoy your opinions and from many of your posts I can see, most times you try to control your temper.
But how many of you do we have in the muslims and the christian religions?

Thanks again.
Re: Judging Others by Geewan(m): 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
Paris_Love: Why are you looking for unnecessary attention? Your section too boring for you?

Where have your prophet been accused wrongfully? Anyways your questions have been addressed many times on this forum.

https://www.nairaland.com/1066390/whats-take-judging-others#12446151

unnecessary attention? You damn too wrong!

First post on religion after 6 months, that doesn't seem like someone who likes attention.

You should have just given me the link and save yourself all the ranting.

I've seen many of your posts in the Islam for Muslims section. You're the one who likes getting unnecessary attention.

Thanks all the same for your contribution.
Re: Judging Others by ParisLove1: 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
Geewan:

unnecessary attention? You damn too wrong!

First post on religion after 6 months, that doesn't seem like someone who likes attention.

You should have just given me the link and save yourself all the ranting.

I've seen many of your posts in the Islam for Muslims section. You're the one who likes getting unnecessary attention.

Thanks all the same for your contribution.
grin

I take it your questions has been answered hmm?

You're welcome!
Re: Judging Others by Geewan(m): 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
@enilove,

I’ve not been able to reply because I’ve been busy. I’m sorry about that.

Your posts usually show extreme ignorance about Islam that sometimes it makes a lot of sense not to reply. When I do reply it is because I fear for the people you are misleading.

Why do I need to use foul words on you? I don’t see any reason to especially when I’m more than certain that you are only on a futile mission. Mission that people who are more arrogant than you have embarked upon but at the end of the day they still came to embrace Islam.

For me, Islam is the way and I’m 100% certain about it.

It is none of my business whatever you choose to believe but it pains me a lot see you lead people into destruction for what you have no knowledge of. Islam is the best thing to ever happen to me and I don’t have to mince words about it because I will surely be accountable for every word I say.

And most importantly we’ll all be accountable for every word we speak!

Peace!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Slept With My Mum, Pounded 27 Babies, Ate 100 Tongues- Shina Rambo / .. / Is Drinking of Palm wine a Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.