Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

What's Your Take On Judging Others? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Take On Judging Others? (5397 Views)

Judging Others / What is Your Take On Judging Others! / Judging Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
Matthew 7:1-2: Judge not, or you too will be judged; for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the same measure you used, it will be measured to you!

1 Corinthians 4:5; Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord returns. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time, each will receive his praise from God.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The two verses above restricts judging others, while the one below agrees that a spiritual man can judge, I want to know your take on this! Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 Corinthians 2:15 : The spiritual man make judgement about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgement! (NIV)
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by jmoore(m): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by k2039: 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
If people didn't make judgement about anything,imagine how the world will be.
It is right to elucidate what is right and wrong
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
^^^ @jmoore & k2039, thanks.

But what do you say about this verse? -:

1 Corinthians 4:5; Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord returns. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time, each will receive his praise from God.
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by okeyxyz(m): 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
You cannot judge anything unless you are empowered to do so.

A medical doctor is empowered to make medical judgments, An accountant is empowered to make financial judgments, etc

A spiritual man is empowered to judge all things.
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by tpia5: 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
there's no take- just be ready to receive the same measure.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
A SPIRITUAL MAN CAN JUDGE, A NON SPIRITUAL MAN CANNOT JUDGE BECAUSE HE HIMSELF IS FILTHY. THAT WOULD BE HYPOCRITICAL

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by destinedtee(m): 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
The Word of God tells me not to judge...........Then i should not judge...chikena wink
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by OmoAlata(f): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: A SPIRITUAL MAN CAN JUDGE, A NON SPIRITUAL MAN CANNOT JUDGE BECAUSE HE HIMSELF IS FILTHY. THAT WOULD BE HYPOCRITICAL

But all have sinned so who exactly will this spiritual man be

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by haibe(m): 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by switnjl: 12:50am On Oct 06, 2012
the bible tells me " judge not that ye may not be judge, condemn not that ye may not be condemned, forgive that ye may be forgiven."

I hate it when people judge me therefore why should I judge others ?
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by CrazyMan(m): 1:49am On Oct 06, 2012
Omo Alata: But all have sinned so who exactly will this spiritual man be
Well said
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 06, 2012
Omo Alata:

@Omo Alata,

That's what I'm trying to understand here.

@All, thanks for your comments!
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 06, 2012
switnjl: the bible tells me " judge not that ye may not be judge, condemn not that ye may not be condemned, forgive that ye may be forgiven."

I hate it when people judge me therefore why should I judge others ?

Care to go through this verse? It's coming from the Bible too;

1 Corinthians 2:15 : The spiritual man make judgement about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgement! (NIV)
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by avivannna(f): 2:12am On Oct 06, 2012
Have you removed the log from ur eyes before seeing d spec on anoda person's eyes I don't believe in judging peoples actions especially when those actions don't affect someone negatively. You live your life and I live mine.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by okeyxyz(m): 2:13am On Oct 06, 2012
Omo Alata:

A person who, after he is "born again", but still believes he has sin(even as a christian), does not truly know christ and is not truely spiritual, therefore has no real capacity to judge. This is the failure of so many who believe they are christians. If you believe you are still subject to the laws of moses, If you still judge right & wrong based on this law, then sorry, you are not spiritual. This is the real sin(The Law).
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by okeyxyz(m): 2:17am On Oct 06, 2012
avivannna:
Have you removed the log from ur eyes before seeing d spec on anoda person's eyes I don't believe in judging peoples actions especially when those actions don't affect someone negatively. You live your life and I live mine.

In other words: Have you removed the law from your eyes?

Until you do that, you cannot judge. Jesus became this law & died, therefore the law legally died so that a christian should not be subject to it anymore.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by ParisLove1: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2012
Evil certainly has to be condemned. Not to judge doesn't mean you won't condemn evil. Rom2;1 Do you, my friend, pass judgment on others? You have no excuse at all, whoever you are. For when you judge others and do the same thing they do, you condemn yourself." In another place Jesus said first remove the peck in your eyes before you see the log of wood in others. He never said don't remove that peck. What the bible is preaching against is hypocrisy. You cannot condemn when you do the same thing. Some peeps just don't get. undecidedundecided

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2012
Paris_Love: Evil certainly has to be condemned. Not to judge doesn't mean you won't condemn evil. Rom2;1 Do you, my friend, pass judgment on others? You have no excuse at all, whoever you are. For when you judge others and do the same thing they do, you condemn yourself." In another place Jesus said first remove the peck in your eyes before you see the log of wood in others. He never said don't remove that peck. What the bible is preaching against is hypocrisy. You cannot condemn when you do the same thing. Some peeps just don't get. undecidedundecided

Thanks for your contribution!
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by ParisLove1: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2012
seriallink:

Thanks for your contribution!
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Callotti: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2012
Passing judgement is subjective matter.
Opinions can be seen as being judgemental.
Criticisms can be seen as being judgemental.
The phrase "judge not" is a lame-duck view-point.
Only for lame-Christians!
No surprises there! cheesy
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Ayomivic(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
Omo Alata:

I think that is left for individual to decide if we are spiritual enough to Judge or not by examine ourself vividly. We must still remember that our lord Jesus Christ that can judge did not judge.So why judging others even though we are spiritual?
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2012
This issue of judging others is confusing oh! No be small thing...I tell ya! Some gree, some no gree; which one person go follow now
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by ijawkid(m): 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2012
I for one think we should let the scriptures do the judging.....open scriptures to rebuke/judge an individual as the case may be......
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Joagbaje(m): 6:09am On Nov 04, 2012
seriallink: This issue of judging others is confusing oh! No be small thing...I tell ya! Some gree, some no gree; which one person go follow now

There' are about three kinds of judging. But I will talk about two. One is discernment. The other is condemnation. It's the condemnation part God is against .

Romans 14:12-13
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way

When you condemn others for their actions or even mistakes, it becomes a yardstick for you to be condemned . But we can discern between good and evil. It's a mark of spiritual maturity.

1 Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Freiburger(m): 11:18am On Nov 04, 2012
If 've always asked people who derives pleasure from judging others what time they 've got to think about their own problems, since they have so much time to monitor what's going on in other people's life. Well, i call them sore losers.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Lordave: 11:32am On Nov 04, 2012
@poster where were u wen those guys were roasted in Aluu?
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2012
I Corinthians 4: 5

5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 6

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by minute(f): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2012
Someone is probably judging you right now. Some people don't like you and guess what? There's nothing you can do about it.

No amount of toading,coercing or pandering to their interests will help. Infact, the opposite is often true, the more you

stand for something, the more they respect you, whether it's grudgingly or not.

What people truly respect is when you draw the line and say 'you will not go further.'

They may not like this behaviour but so what? These are people who don't like you anyway,why should you attempt to please

people who don't care for you in the first place.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by SamMilla1(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2012
How could white men confuse all of you with quotes from a certain book called Bible?

They have judges over there that try criminals and jail them.
Why not wait for the appointed time?

M0rons.
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Abbey2sam(m): 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
He placed our leaders in that position to judge,the bible never contradite itself, it all depends on your understanding.

In the christiandom he places our spiritual leader to judge us,
welther they are sinner or not, leave that aspect for him(God) to judge
Re: What's Your Take On Judging Others? by Truckpusher(m): 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
Omo Alata:

HE IS A MAN OF INTEGRITY EVEN UNTO DEATH AND ALL WORLDLY THINGS HE CALLS VANITY UPON VANITY!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL / Why You Need To Avoid Deliverance Ministries / Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.