Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,724 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Judging Others - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judging Others (912 Views)

Judging Others / What is Your Take On Judging Others! / What's Your Take On Judging Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judging Others by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2011
Judging Others

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." (Matthew 7:1)

This is a very familiar maxim, often cited by unbelievers and carnal Christians as a rebuke to Christians whom they regard as intolerant.  These words of the Lord Jesus Christ do, indeed, warn us against a self-righteous attitude, condemning others who disagree with us on the basis of superficial criteria.

On the other hand, this caution by no means relieves us of the responsibility of evaluating the beliefs and practices of others in the light of Scripture.  In the very same sermon, in fact, Jesus said just a few moments later: "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine"; and, "beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing" (Matthew 7:6-15).  Obedience to such commandments obviously requires one to make a judgment as to whether certain unbelievers should be regarded as "dogs" or "swine," to whom it would be counterproductive to try to speak of spiritual matters; or whether certain professing Christian leaders are actually false prophets who should be repudiated.  Jesus also said: "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24).

Since the Scriptures themselves are to be used in the final judgment (John 12:48; Revelation 20:12; etc.), it is obvious that we should use them right now to discern truth and error, right and wrong.  "For the word of God . . . is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

There is another basis of judgment that the Lord Jesus has authorized us to use. "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. . . . Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them" (Matthew 7:18-20).  Thus, the test of Scripture plus fruit produced, can serve as the basis of a valid judgment.  Until adequate data for making such a test are available, judge not! HMM
Re: Judging Others by Lasinoh: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
The doctrine of hypocrisy! cheesy
I am a Christian. . .so diafore. . .My Lord is Bigger and Better than yours!
Amen!

Thank God for Boko Haram!

Judgement day for the judge! HA!
Re: Judging Others by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42am On Jan 01, 2013
Lasinoh: The doctrine of hypocrisy! cheesy
I am a Christian. . .so diafore. . .My Lord is Bigger and Better than yours!
Amen!

Thank God for Boko Haram!

Judgement day for the judge! HA!

Are you really a Christian? By their fruits we can judge them.
Re: Judging Others by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
This is what someone shared on facebook that I am now reposting here:

MANY REJECT GOD'S WORD IF IT DOESN'T FIT THEIR LIFESTYLE, AND ACCUSE THOSE WHO PREACH THE TRUE WORD OF GOD AS BEING JUDGMENTAL AND CONDEMNING. BUT THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE TRUTH IN THE WORD OF GOD NO LONGER LINES UP WITH WHAT THEY ARE BELIEVING AS TRUTH ACCORDING TO THEIR CHURCHES AND PASTORS TRUTH, WHICH IS NO LONGER BIBLICAL TRUTH. SO IN ESSENCE THEY ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING BIBLICAL TRUTH, BUT RATHER WHAT THEY PERCEIVE AS TRUTH ACCORDING TO THEIR PASTORS WHO ARE MORE CONCERNED WITH CHURCH GROWTH AT THE EXPENSE OF THE MULTITUDES OF SOULS BEING LOST. MANY WILL NEVER BE CONVINCED THAT THEY ARE BEING DECEIVED BY THESE WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING BECAUSE THEY LOVE HEARING HOW BLESSED THEY ARE NO MATTER HOW THEY ARE LIVING OUTSIDE THE CHURCH. WHAT THEY FAIL TO REALIZE IS THAT THEY ARE REJECTING THE TRUTH, JESUS, AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW IT. JESUS SAID: HE WHO REJECTS ME, AND DOES NOT RECEIVE MY WORDS, HAS THAT WHICH JUDGES HIM, THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN WILL JUDGE HIM IN THE LAST DAYS{ JOHN 12:48 } DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT IT IS ONLY THE ONES WHO PREACH THE TRUE UNADULTERATED WORD OF GOD THAT ARE CONSIDERED JUDGMENTAL AND CONDEMNING? THAT IN ITSELF SHOULD SHOW US THAT MOST ARE RECEIVING AN EAR TICKLING GOSPEL THAT CATERS TO THEIR CARNAL DESIRES{ 2 TIMOTHY 4: 3-4 } TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!

(1) (Reply)

News Broke Out That TB Joshua Prophesied The Plane Crash.. / The Face Of A Killer / Church Bombings Vs Mosque Bombings...which Has The Higher Rate Of Casaulities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.