Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) (16840 Views)

Photos Of Alamieyeseigha On Life Support Before His Death / Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by tumisky: 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
For inside all dis name wey you call now....how many of dem. Thief 500billion dols?

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Spirit1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
I am ashamed of how we Nigerians are the very architects of our misfortunes. We seem to miss the point. Corruption, embezzlement of public funds and misuse of public office is a big problem in Nigeria. GEJ misused his power. Nobody is saying that he does not have the right to pardon anybody. With this action, what are we saying to politicians who have literally "raped" our country and destroyed the future of our Children? With GEJ’s action, we have given them a free ride and validated their conviction that our collective wealth belongs to them, to be used however they deem fit. For some of you writing here, you only need to talk to Nigerians above the age of 45 and ask them what life and education was like in this country when they were growing up. Compare that to where we are now, and you can see how we have mortgaged the future of our generations to come to sycophants and “kleptocrats”. I weep for Nigerians and our mentality. Who are we to complain of armed robbery, kidnapping, extra-judicial murder,Boko-Haram, MEND, OPC, MASSOP,419 etc? Unfortunately the "common man" like you and me, and our children will live to suffer this, because we have kept quiet while these criminals plunder our country! Watch my word; "this country will soon burn", we can not continue to live this way with no plan for the future and tacit approval of corruption and evil.

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by occam(m): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
Spirit1:

I am ashamed of how we Nigerians are the very architects of our misfortunes. We seem to miss the point. Corruption, embezzlement of public funds and misuse of public office is a big problem in Nigeria. GEJ misused his power. Nobody is saying that he does not have the right to pardon anybody. What are we saying to politicians who have literally "raped" our country and destroyed the future of our Children? With GEJ’s action, we have given them a free ride and validated their conviction that our collective wealth belongs to them, to be used however they deem fit. For some of you writing here, you only need to talk to Nigerians above the age of 45 and ask then what life and education was like in this country when they were growing up. Compare that to where we are now, and you can see how we have mortgaged the future of our generations to come to sycophants and “kleptocrats”. I weep for Nigerians and our mentality.

Very true. Its's really unbelievable that some Nigerians believe pardoning Alams is ok. These politicians will continue to plunder the wealth and will never be punished. The U.S. govt is only helping with the fight against corruption.
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by texazzpete(m): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
Symphony007: rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish. Wether he commuted or padon those folks. The facts remains they're crooks, and the president did'nt allow the law take it's course. He interjected himself and that is corruption!

If you are too daft to understand the difference between 'commuting' and 'presidential pardon', why not ask humbly so one of your betters can explain it to you?

2 Likes

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by WizPrince1(m): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
livethinme: You know under Clinton 23 million jobs were created oh and he maintained US's position as the strongest economy in the world and his government left with a surplus (which Bush destroyed).

What was that about GEJ again?
...And how does that contribute to PRESIDENTIAL PARDON?
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by vision2050: 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
If to say James Ibori is sentence in Nigeria, GEJ would have give him amensty... Is there any hope for this nation?
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by frond: 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
President Clinton pardoned these people toward the end of his second term. He did it because he really believed they should be forgiven and left the stage. Alam was pardoned because they want to push him for a position. If he had wanted to forgive for real and genuine forgiveness he could have waited toward the end of his tenure. IT IS A NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT TO FORGIVE CRIMINAL IN THE MIDST OF CRISIS.

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Mentorbruno(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
The Same US didn't say anything when Bill Clinton did this
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Melahou(m): 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
Michaeljones36: What does Bill Clinton have to do with Nigeria?
you are a fool,cant you read btw the lines.
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by IjeomaObasi: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
i am not trying to cover GEJs actions but i believe the president has not tried to copy the US. if you ask me, he performed an obligatory role as the head of government and as empowered by the constitution guiding the country.
Guk: No basis for comparison. Because USA President did something does not mean we should copy hook line and sinker & moreso circumstances differ.

The debate on Alams need not be elongated as the fact remains that (1) He is a wanted Fugitive as he jumped bail in UK & (2) As reported by the Metropolitan Police in UK, 1 million pounds sterling in cash was found in his house and he was facing money laundering charges before he absconded. He is neither a political or persecuted person in UK, he is a FUGITIVE & one day, the long hand of the law will pick him as UK police cannot keep holding on to 1 million pounds forever without a conclusion.

Pardoning a FUGITIVE has no place in any civilised part of the world except in banana republics
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by dbride: 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2013
Why use America and Clinton to compare GEJ's and Nigeria's situation. One does not need to read through the Post to slap GEJ and his men out of this stupidity. Would you compare the corruption in Nigeria with America's? How about development? What the hell is wrong with these people and they keep looking for new and even bizzar excuses to support this Alam's pardon.

GEJ, nigerians say you goofed with that pardon and no excuses will change that. You are only a servant to the people of Nigeria and accountable to us NOT Americans. Corruption has destroyed Nigeria not America.

Ok, I get it: The only reason they are doing this is because God is already judging them and they have no peace. They are all troubled souls. Everyday they are "running" when nobody is "chasing" them, they are slowly losing it and they dont know it. God is only allowing them reduce themselves to the state of an animal without conscience. If GEJ presents himself again as a presidential candidate, then I'll know he does not know his limits and PDP would be worse for it. He can be other things but NOT the President of a nation like Nigeria. Now he has shoes but Nigeria is just too big for his shoes!

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Mentorbruno(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sure
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by olumidaie(m): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
BECAUSE US PARDONED THEN NIGERIA SHOULD

Therefore Nigeria should allow civilian use of guns for self defence...hun,

Therefore Nigeria should legalise gay marriage for freedom...hun,

Therefore Nigeria should allow nudity for human rights...hun,

Therefore sadchuksmiley(younger Nigerians) should talk to Baba Akpors(erderly Nigerians) rudely for civilization...hun,

YES NIGERIA SHOULD SO THAT SHE WOULD BE "GREAT" LIKE THE AMERICA.

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
When we cry out for development and use America as an example, the Retardeen and his followers cry foul and tells us we are not Americans. I wonder why they are now using America as an example.

God pls grant my wish. I'd like to see GEJ and tell him directly to his face that he is not just a weakling, but a retar.ded one

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by BeraBera(f): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
Bill Clinton pardorned people convicted of bribery charges, tax fraud, bank fraud, obstruction of justice, $1.2m theft, fraud & racketeering. Are these offenses better than Deprieye Alam's own case? In as much as I don't support corruption, corrupt practices, or embezzlement of public funds, I still do not see reasons why the Alam's pardon should generate the level of public outcry it is generating.
Most of these social media activists and civil societies organizations are simply crying more than the bereaved. This is because the people of Bayelsa state are not even the ones complaining. Deprieye is one of their own, and they can't possibly condemn a good thing that came the way of their own.
By the way, this should not be a reason why some people would now go and embezzle money belonging to their state/ ministries, believing that they would be granted state pardon in the future. That Alams was pardoned today is not a guarantee that every other corrupt person would be pardoned tomorrow.
There's an adage that says: If rat follows lizard to play in the rain, it should remember that by the time the lizard's body is dry of the water, his own body would still be dripping wet.
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Melahou(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
tomakint:
The reason for the hullabaloo is not far-fetched, simply because JONATHAN is in charge undecided
i totally agree wit you,besides he has done so many blunders in d past

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Mentorbruno(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
Can u bet ur life with that
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Yacubes(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
And so, those are light weight capital offences bt Alamieyeseigha's offencessss are dead weight. He deserve to be pardon not.
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by kinethic: 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
Wiz Prince How much we're you paid for this. You should see a neurosurgeon.
Oh I forgot you are one those idiots.
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by akins56(m): 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
did i jez comment??
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Melahou(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Deep Sight:

The reason for your post is not far fetched either.

It is because you have no sense of decency whatsoever, no perspective on the travails and the r.ape of your fatherland, and its unborn generations, and no desire to see a decisive stand taken against corruption in your country. In summary, I conclude that you either are, or someday hope to be, a beneficiary of the continuing r.ape of Nigeria's coffers. Carry on. R.ape well, and ensure you have a perfect hard on while you are at it.
what is this lost fellow talking abt here
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by dbride: 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
I don talk am tey tey say dem don swear for una wey dey help Jona and Alams. Una don dey kolo. Everyday naim una comot reason wey no make sense. Clinton for America pardon people, ok now....

make we too dey carry guns like america people
make light no fail like america
make pump water dey yafu yafu like america
make roads good like america
make gas for cooking reach everyhouse like america
make people wey no get work get allowance like america
make any married leader wey get girlfriend resign for office like america
make all the people when dem catch for corruption go jail like america
make banks give money for take buy house like america

The list long wey we go copy, sebi we wan do like America then make we do am wella wella.
make children get loan for school fees like america.

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Demdem(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
Who among those pardoned jumped bail and is still wanted by a law court any where in the world? Besides, when did we start comparing ourselves with the US? These retardeen supporters wont seize to amaze me.
If we should start, u all go wound oooo. grin

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by VUVUZELA10: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
The usual double standard by man.
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by dlox147(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
he is the former president of the the same country(USA) that wants to kill our able presido for granting state pardon to some nigerians..now u see d connection now ?
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
kuluTemper: @Wiz_Prince: You categorically stated that the people Bill Clinton pardoned are all Ex-convict! Ask yourself over and over again, Is Diepreye Alamieyeseigha an EX-CONVICT?

He is still a CONVICT!. He dares not set his foot outside the shores of Nigeria. Ibori will advise him not to anyway, because he got a taste of it.

woowwwwwwwwwwwww based on ur response i move a motion,that the OP should go back to JSS1 and start brighter grammer again.
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by KayDee4: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
Lol !!
Comparing US presidential pardons to GEJ's . . .. . . . . clownish.
In a country where corruption has become cancerous, spreading like wild-fire and politicians steal with audacity; tough and hellish punishments should be imposed, instead we're seeing varying degrees of leniency from GEJ and co.

BeraBera: Most of these social media activists and civil societies organizations are simply crying more than the bereaved. This is because the people of Bayelsa state are not even the ones complaining. Deprieye is one of their own, and they can't possibly condemn a good thing that came the way of their own.
He did not only steal Bayelsa's money, it was National looting. How will they condemn him ? When people are bribed with bags of rice or N1000 and they see that as a good thing from the govt., they are satisfied and have become political sycophants.

BeraBera:
By the way, this should not be a reason why some people would now go and embezzle money belonging to their state/ ministries, believing that they would be granted state pardon in the future. That Alams was pardoned today is not a guarantee that every other corrupt person would be pardoned tomorrow.
There's an adage that says: If rat follows lizard to play in the rain, it should remember that by the time the lizard's body is dry of the water, his own body would still be dripping wet.

That's exactly the message it sends out : " you can steal and be pardoned in future" ; "you can steal and be fined only a wee portion of your loot to avoid jail term". Potential thieves will be emboldened by this.

* "Alams for 2015" posters will be out soon !! *

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Demdem(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
dlox147: he is former president of the the same country(USA) that wants to kill our able presido for granting state pardon to some nigerians..now u see d connection now ?

Did u say kill? Abegi substantiate this. If u mean criticise, well even before they did Nigerians themselves have already cried against the decision. We don't need US to tell us what is right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by bibina: 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2013

then what concerns the US with whoever GEJ decides to pardon?
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by EkoIle1: 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mentorbruno: The Same US didn't say anything when Bill Clinton did this

Clinton didn't pardon any international fugitive like Alams the UK is still looking for to slam in jail.

You lazy, corrupt and criminally minded people are come up with the sleaziest excuses and justifications..
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Symphony007: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
texazzpete:

If you are too daft to understand the difference between 'commuting' and 'presidential pardon', why not ask humbly so one of your betters can explain it to you?
and if you are'nt one of those so call betters to explain it to me, why write out this shambolic display of pure idiocy. What's wrong with this plonker?
Re: List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha) by Kk4(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
Are you out of your mind @op!? The crime those americans committed combined its not even half of what that criminal did *dont quote me*.. I really appreciate some things GEJ's govt are doing but this pardon is a no no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-kayode To Spend 14 Days A Renewable Order In EFCC Custody / 1.7 Billion Donation: President Buhari Has Secured 12 Million Votes - BMO / FG Suspends Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.