Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles (18434 Views)

MUST READ!!! Business You Can Do With Just A Mere N500 In Nigeria As Of Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by sweetcheecks(f): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
sheyie2007:
Who's this wh0re that found the internet? embarassed

This is really uncalled for joe, really? Smh
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by mariannlove(f): 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
good news!
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by ayox2003: 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo: GEJ is working silently and haters are talking.

Waiting for the APC BB crew.

Before GEJ even came to power, as at 2008, economist already have forecast that our economy would boom because Europe aint an attractive destination anymore.

GEJ is just one lucky president who, if really passionate about nigeria, should use this boom as an opportunity to regulate the labour industry and ensure nigerians enjoy this moment. A country with $400billion GDP. SMH.

Frawzey
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Hade joe! Was just stating the obvious. Dont people usually demand credible sources when creating threads with questionable info. You being hormonal. Pseeeeww
What credibility are you looking for in sources than UK famous economist source as Charles Robertson, economist and head of macro strategy at Renaissance Capital( LINK ),Moody’s Investors Service ( LINK ) and S&P ( LINK ), etc.

You must be high on some substance to think it all Nigerian cooked up idea.

3 Likes

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by EkoAtlantic: 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
bid4rich: I guess they see Eko Atlantic City as an investment opportunity. Arent you see that the map of African continent is like a pistol when its rotated and Nigeria is at the very triggering point? I dont know what you see o but thats what I see 'cos by 2015, Nigeria will be the most desired nation to live in. God bless Nigeria

cool
It ain't easy.
By the time I'm completed, I'll be among top ten cities to be be refered to in the world.

Eko oni baje o... cool Nigeria go better cool

1 Like

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by laykhorn(m): 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
Upon all the insecurity and everything in Nigeria?

God bless Nigeria
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Adurangba(f): 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
This is not the kind of news that excites NairaLanders. They just want to hear negative stories about Nigeria to make them c....u.m in their pants.

4 Likes

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Ozonna(m): 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
cogitoErgo: Nawa o, wit all dis bombing here nd there in Nigeria? What if there is peace all over Nigeria?

You can imagine!!!
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by eledalo: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
Are these investors different from the investors that have supposedly been coming to Nigeria since 1999? Because I keep hearing investors are coming, investors are looking, investors are salivating, investors love Nigeria but no investment.
Or maybe they mean investors like Cummings generators or Mega Plaza?
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks: Really?
This looks more like a propaganda nonsense to me especially taking into considerstion the source which is the Nigerian Ministry of information maybe to make their goverment look good. Will only believe this when i get the businessday source, no offence but smell more like desparation. undecided

This south african would always hate. I pity you.

Figures released by NBS for 2012 showed that nigeria's exports driving by other sectors grew by 16%. oil accounted for 69% of nigeria's oil exports. while Nigeria's demand for foreign goods dropped a whooping 43%.

South africa would beg/ weep blood to have our sort of numbers.

Nigerians’ penchant for foreign goods and services fell by 43 percent in 2012, according to figures released by National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, Monday.

The figures showed a sharp decrease in the value of imports from N9.8926 trillion in 2011 to N 5.6249 trillion in 2012, a decrease of 43.1 percent. NBS, in an online statement said there was an increase of 15.5 percent in the value of exports from N19.4404 trillion in 2011 to N 22.4463 trillion in 2012.

The statement said: “The increase in the value of exports contributed immensely to the visible trade balance of N16.8214 trillion recorded in 2012. This was a contrast to the visible trade balance of N 9.5477 trillion recorded in 2011.

“The crude oil component of total trade increased by N1.596.0 trillion or 11 percent, over the level recorded in 2011. The structure of Nigeria’s export is still determined by crude oil export. The contribution of crude oil to the value of total domestic export trade amounted to N15.5319 trillion or 69.2 percent in 2012.

“Summary of Nigeria’s export by section revealed that the highest export product of Nigeria in 2012 was mineral products, which accounted for N18.868 trillion or 84.1 percent.

“Other products that contributed immensely to Nigeria’s export includes plastic, rubber and articles, prepared foodstuffs, beverages, spirits and vinegar, tobacco, whose values stood at N1.5999 trillion or 7.1 percent and N764.2 billion or 3.0 percent of the total exports of Nigeria during the period under review.

“Details of Nigeria’s exports to various continents of the world showed that European countries are the highest consumer of Nigeria’s export.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/nigerians-taste-for-foreign-goods-falls/

1 Like

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
all4naija: What credibility are you looking for in sources than UK famous economist source as Charles Robertson, economist and head of macro strategy at Renaissance Capital( LINK ),Moody’s Investors Service ( LINK ) and S&P ( LINK ), etc.

No, she has a dicck-shaped brain with dieing cells
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by sweetcheecks(f): 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
all4naija: What credibility are you looking for in sources than UK famous economist source as Charles Robertson, economist and head of macro strategy at Renaissance Capital( LINK ),Moody’s Investors Service ( LINK ) and S&P ( LINK ), etc.

I know he is but this might have been put togrther using different quotes from different discussions. I know you know this, so I stand on my statement. So far no newspaper has ever made a direct comparison between SA and Nigeria in this way. These are excepts from different articles. That is my opion could be changed by the direct businessday source not by insults, redicules or intimidation. Get it!
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks:

I know he is but this might have been put togrther using different quotes from different discussions. I know you know this, so I stand on my statement. So far no newspaper has ever made a direct comparison between SA and Nigeria in this way. These are excepts from different articles. That is my opion could be changed by the direct businessday source not by insults, redicules or intimidation. Get it!
B!!tch your opinion sucks

1 Like

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
ayox2003:

Before GEJ even came to power, as at 2008, economist already have forecast that our economy would boom because Europe aint an attractive destination anymore.

GEJ is just one lucky president who, if really passionate about nigeria, should use this boom as an opportunity to regulate the labour industry and ensure nigerians enjoy this moment. A country with $400billion GDP. SMH.

Frawzey

With all due respect, your comment above shows that you are not conversant with a whole lot of reforms going on in Nigeria now. Though the reforms are being spearheaded by Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, GEJ as the president will take the glory as the buck stops at his table.

I've always told my friends that I'll vote for any candidate that will maintain Ngozi Iweala in her current position.

2 Likes

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by sweetcheecks(f): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
Henry120:

This south african would always hate. I pity you.

Figures released by NBS for 2012 showed that nigeria's exports driving by other sectors grew by 16%. oil accounted for 69% of nigeria's oil exports. while Nigeiria's demand for foreign goods dropped a whooping 43%.

South africa would beg/ weep blood to have our sort of numbers.

Nigerians’ penchant for foreign goods and services fell by 43 percent in 2012, according to figures released by National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, Monday.

The figures showed a sharp decrease in the value of imports from N9.8926 trillion in 2011 to N 5.6249 trillion in 2012, a decrease of 43.1 percent. NBS, in an online statement said there was an increase of 15.5 percent in the value of exports from N19.4404 trillion in 2011 to N 22.4463 trillion in 2012.

The statement said: “The increase in the value of exports contributed immensely to the visible trade balance of N16.8214 trillion recorded in 2012. This was a contrast to the visible trade balance of N 9.5477 trillion recorded in 2011.

“The crude oil component of total trade increased by N1.596.0 trillion or 11 percent, over the level recorded in 2011. The structure of Nigeria’s export is still determined by crude oil export. The contribution of crude oil to the value of total domestic export trade amounted to N15.5319 trillion or 69.2 percent in 2012.

“Summary of Nigeria’s export by section revealed that the highest export product of Nigeria in 2012 was mineral products, which accounted for N18.868 trillion or 84.1 percent.

“Other products that contributed immensely to Nigeria’s export includes plastic, rubber and articles, prepared foodstuffs, beverages, spirits and vinegar, tobacco, whose values stood at N1.5999 trillion or 7.1 percent and N764.2 billion or 3.0 percent of the total exports of Nigeria during the period under review.

“Details of Nigeria’s exports to various continents of the world showed that European countries are the highest consumer of Nigeria’s export.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/nigerians-taste-for-
foreign-goods-falls/

Henry you are really good with attacks but this article has nothing to do with what i was disputing except if you were
giving me the source of the article used on the topic.
Otherwise you have just wasted your time. Good evening to you.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by sweetcheecks(f): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
sheyie2007:
B!!tch your opinion sucks

Great!
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by solomon111(m): 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks:

I thought you have a Nigerian husband,which automatically makes you 'Nigerian'.
Why are you unrepentantly anti-Nigeria?.
Even your minister of finance will not dispute those facts above.
Na wa o.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Goodysydney: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Great!
Shut up u HIV/AIDs southafrican ape. Pls ape did ur father and ur brother rape u today? I.d.i.o.t
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks:

What different discussion references are you talking about? In your mind you think they collect any information from anywhere and fabricate the Nigeria economic outlook, for the simple reason you think Nigeria economy can not rival South African in growth in many years to come. Which you are seeing is gradually going to happen in the near future and that makes you ache. Not only does it make you ache you look for avenue to put it down in your comment with any absurdity you can find or frame up to do so.

I would be very much interested in your excerpts sources as you have questioned ours before. Don't come here with mere hearsays or bogus South African sources which are based on past data. That is just my little advice because I hate to see misleading information presented to put credible one down.

You hate being intimidated but fail to understand your comments usually put you in that position.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by ayox2003: 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

With all due respect, your comment above shows that you are not conversant with a whole lot of reforms going on in Nigeria now. Though the reforms are being spearheaded by Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, GEJ as the president will take the glory as the buck stops at his table.

I've always told my friends that I'll vote for any candidate that will maintain Ngozi Iweala in her current position.

I thought u said GEJ. Now its Iweala.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if u'd open my eyes to those reforms. I wanna really wanna know.

With all due respect too. wink

Frawzey
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by solomon111(m): 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
Goodysydney: Shut up u HIV/AIDs southafrican ape. Pls ape did ur father and ur brother rape u today? I.d.i.o.t

WTF!!
This is the height of ignorance.
Smh.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Goodysydney: Shut up u HIV/AIDs southafrican ape. Pls ape did ur father and ur brother rape u today? I.d.i.o.t

Do you think this will help matter? Please!!!
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Henry you are really good with attacks but this article has nothing to do with what i was disputing except if you were
giving me the source of the article used on the topic.
Otherwise you have just wasted your time. Good evening to you.

I'm sorry, how do you mean I'm really good with attacks? I don't think we have ever had argument/ discussion prior to this. Please do enlighten me. Thank you.

I showed you an article different from the one posted above, TRUE. However I posted this very article to show you the sort of growth we had/contiously have, to prove that the topic of discussion, is no BS.

With the sort of growth we recorded in 2012, it(my article) further substantiates the fact why nigeria is considered a better investment destination than south africa as reported by the topic/ article we are currently discussing.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by FSU: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
ayox2003:

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if u'd open my eyes to those reforms. I wanna really wanna know.

Frawzey

Ngozi is not the President. She was hired to deliver for the President and she is doing so. Ignorance, myopia and half-bakedness will kill you Yaribas.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by balladin: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Much as I'd love this news, it's still difficult to understand. Jobs are not being created, the real sector is practically dead, SMEs struggle to survive, poverty still ravages deep, yet nigerian economy is set to be Africa's largest. Perhaps we would just be fortunate beneficiaries of Jo'burg's misfortunes not particularly down to any milestone achievements of the economic team.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by morpheus24: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
@ sweet cheeks

here's our evidence. You are just stubborn. listen to the projections. They continue to point to a faster rate of GDP growth than South Africa. Listen to your finance minster's recent speech on issues with the SA economy

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Upcz9vsveE[/flash]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FESL7ch-M7E[/flash]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi8EqEkdcrI[/flash]

4 Likes

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by ocelot2006(m): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Bu...bu...but GEJ is not working na.. grin
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2013

She hasn't insulted anybody, please don't insult her. This is rude and un called for. do not display this sort of ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by solomon111(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
ayox2003:

Frawzey
was it Buhari that appointed iweala?
If NOI were involved in money laundering today,would GEJ not be held responsible?
You want to seperate GEJ from his team?
You are very dishonest,no wonder you can't see the reforms.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
How i wish we could hurry and make electricity to flow, security, good roads as well as health system working well . . . these would surely put Nigeria out there and grow our economy even the more, but then, with growth economy will only mean more money for the "leaders" to spend on the forthcoming campaign
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by favinvest: 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Can someone plz tell me d area of the economy that's seeing this economical growth? Cos I want to invest in that area. Is it the stock market; manufacturing etc... Can someone plz tell me
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by morpheus24: 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
favinvest: Can someone plz tell me d area of the economy that's seeing this economical growth? Cos I want to invest in that area. Is it the stock market; manufacturing etc... Can someone plz tell me

You wont have enough even if we told you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dubai To Build The Biggest Mall In The World, Complete With Theme Park / Investors Losing Faith In Buhari's Govt Over Lack Of Economic Direction-bloomber / CBN Bans Rice, Cement Importers, Others From Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.