Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited (14825 Views)

Brown Knowledge Anderson Dies In Hotel Room / CPC Denies Knowledge Of Buhari's 2015 Posters / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by muktarmtt(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
confusion247: Oga Soyinka in as much as I respect you as one of the truthful and vocal representative of the masses, I don't agree with you on this.
Hw cn u agree dis dude daz why ddeey call u confusion cos u confused over a ltl ting mumu go nd google it even me I cn give jst few names on muslim phylosophers like (Alfarabi), (ibn batuta), etc google it nd stop confusing ur dick head mumu
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by danot1030: 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan:

STOP UR IGNORANCE PLS.
IF U WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ISLAM, GO READ THE HOLY QURAN.

you neither have read it and if you have then you don't understand it or you don't follow it so that you might appear a gud person before men.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:
You keep failing every time,

Before the ottomans were other dynasties, Each dynasty has its symbols just like countries have flags...Anyone with an elementary knowledge of Islam knows that there are no symbols.

The crescent and star were used in the design of mosques during the ottoman period.

All the other empires were not Sunni/Muslim empires, so there was no point having any muslim symbols... Ottoman empire was a Sunni/Islamic empire, hence why it used the symbol of Islam...

Even your Islamic holidays are based on the quarter moon and the star... Don't deny your symbol, bruv... You lot need to start calling these arabs out - they're frauds....

Prophet Muhammed also started his ministry in Ethiopia... It's also plausible that he learned about Islam in Ethiopia before taking what he was taught there to Mecca... Heck, Bilal was an Ethiopian... A black African brother
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by sexyverah(f): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
AbdH:
Quote and cite your source or stop spreading falsehood.

u no get google? google it nw it nt hard.. abi u no sabi use google? oh i forget western education is a sin.. so mr muhammedeen wat r u doin wit a computer?
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by danot1030: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
DJDOLA: SHUT UP AND LISTENING 2 WAT THEY ARE TELLING U

Islamic spirit in demonstration
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by sexyverah(f): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
danot1030:

Islamic spirit in demonstration

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy bross u harsh oo
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

Since you have now accepted that the black stone in Mecca is a meteorite - so why do muslims worship, kiss, and call the shrine that houses the meteorite a holy place Perhaps, Russians should also start worshipping all the meteorites in their country as well - since God sent them to their country, no Or maybe Russia should be the holy land for Islam as well since it has more meteorites than Mecca... grin

Why do you keep exposing ignorance like this?

Muslims do not worship the black stone... Worship is for God alone... Infact, one of the major sins in Islam is attributing worship to anything other than God.

The Kaaba is a mosque just like we have mosque all across the world. It is considered as the first mosque and the centre of unity for all muslims. You can pray inside the kaaba, it is a mosque. It has been destroyed and reconstructed in the past. There is no worship attributed to any thing other than God

The black stone is just a meteorite, muslims kiss it because the prophet did so, but it has little significance in our worship.

Firstly, I already alluded to the book of Galatians 4 where apostle Paul said both Hagar and Hannah(including Abraham) were allegories... Hagar and Hannah represented two covenants..

Secondly, the biblical Hagar was an Egyptian and I still don't get the correlation between her, her son(Ishmael), and Mecca...

Lastly, if Abraham visited his son or lived in Mecca during his allegorical(lol) life, I'm sure the bible would've alluded to this... winkwink

I have never heard a christian scholar say that the stories are allegories. The children of Israel are sons of Isaac. It is certainly not a christian belief that the stories are allegories

You do know that Hagar was left in the desert by Abraham, Ishmael is recognised as the father of the Arab nation.

But as usual you build your silly conspiracies.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tj4luck(m): 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
i wonder how christian would feel if a masquerade and his followers should pass inside their church. this is in response to the person that said Tebliks beat masquerade @ Ibadan,Osogbo and Ekiti. I don't know why you are always criticise. islam is a religion of peace
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by muktarmtt(m): 2:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
dfolan: u need to grow out of your illusions and face reality,
Islam is not what you think it is
shut d Bleep mumu wat d u knw so u mean u knw better dan prof soyinka I mean u reason modan him u most out of ur mind mumu of d first oder mtsw
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by sexyverah(f): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
tj4luck: i wonder how christian would feel if a masquerade and his followers should pass inside their church. this is in response to the person that said Tebliks beat masquerade @ Ibadan,Osogbo and Ekiti. [s]I don't know why you are always criticise.[/s] islam is a religion of peace
what year did your English Teacher die? cry
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

All the other empires were not Sunni/Muslim empires, so there was no point having any muslim symbols... Ottoman empire was a Sunni/Islamic empire, hence why it used the symbol of Islam...

Even your Islamic holidays are based on the quarter moon and the star... Don't deny your symbol, bruv... You lot need to start calling these arabs out - they're frauds....

Prophet Muhammed also started his ministry in Ethiopia... It's also plausible that he learned about Islam in Ethiopia before taking what he was taught there to Mecca... Heck, Bilal was an Ethiopian... A black African brother

grin grin grin

ok you are just a joke... I am sure that since saudi Arabia is a sunni country, its flag must be the symbol of the muslims.

The moon is only used to record time just like it was done in the past, because the muslim have the months for pilgrimage and the Eids .. Just like the Quran says:

They ask you [Prophet] about crescent moons. Say, ‘They show the times appointed for people, and for the pilgrimage.’

That is the purpose: to calculate time..

I don't know where you get these from ...

Dude get out and read some books...
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Venchy: 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
Umm, can you please share with us your knowledge about ISLAM?

This is exactly what Prof is talking about, IGNORANT is a big problem.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:
Why do you keep exposing ignorance like this?

Muslims do not worship the black stone... Worship is for God alone... Infact, one of the major sins in Islam is attributing worship to anything other than God.

The Kaaba is a mosque just like we have mosque all across the world. It is considered as the first mosque and the centre of unity for all muslims. You can pray inside the kaaba, it is a mosque. It has been destroyed and reconstructed in the past. There is no worship attributed to any thing other than God

The black stone is just a meteorite, muslims kiss it because the prophet did so, but it has little significance in our worship.

If the black stone is just a meteorite with no significance to muslims/Islam - why did they build the Kaaba to house it, and why do muslims die to kiss it Who houses a meteorite in their place of worship and kiss it?? grin Perhaps, Russians should take a cue from Meccans and house their meteorites somewhere and start kissing them as well, no?? undecided undecided

And what was Kaaba before it was destroyed and turned into a Mosque?? Kaaba was a shrine for pagan deities of the Arabs!!! So why didn't Muslims build their Mosque elsewhere?? Why there and why keep the black stone there

I have never heard a christian scholar say that the stories are allegories. The children of Israel are sons of Isaac. It is certainly not a christian belief that the stories are allegories

You do know that Hagar was left in the desert by Abraham, Ishmael is recognised as the father of the Arab nation.

But as usual you build your silly conspiracies.

You will never hear Christians talk about this because they've got selective amnesia like indoctrinated Muslims... There's no freaking Israel or Israelites - everything was based on allegories and stories... That's like alluding to Okonkwo from "Things Fall Apart" as someone who actually existed on this planet...

I reiterate: go read Galatians 4 to know if Abraham, Hagar, Hannah, Ishmael, and Isaac walked this planet or not.. Apostle Paul already answered your question there when he was speaking to the Galatians...
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by danot1030: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
maclatunji: This thread is proving to me that my hypothesis on Christians in Nigeria is almost certainly correct! Many of them would rather have Boko Haram just to assure themselves that "Islam and Muslims are bad" rather than have peace and learn that Islam establishes peace and decorum when truly practised.

Ironically, many of them are quick to dash to Dubai, Malaysia and even Qatar to live under Muslim rule. Their hypocrisy is deep. I call this phenomenon the Complicit Victim Syndrome (CVS).

Xtians bring life to those places you mention, why not mention places like syria, iran and pakistan?
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Dawdy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
I agree with wole soyinka on this one, Islam is a religion of peace that doesn't teach violence. Our role model, prophet Muhammad (SAW) Lived with jews and christians in medina with peace and harmony.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:
grin grin grin

ok you are just a joke... I am sure that since saudi Arabia is a sunni country, its flag must be the symbol of the muslims.

The moon is only used to record time just like it was done in the past, because the muslim have the months for pilgrimage and the Eids .. Just like the Quran says:

They ask you [Prophet] about crescent moons. Say, ‘They show the times appointed for people, and for the pilgrimage.’

That is the purpose: to calculate time..

I don't know where you get these from ...

Dude get out and read some books...

Why the moon?? Why not the sun Sun is actually better for calculating time and seasons... undecided

Anyway, why did you skip where I alluded to prophet Muhammed being educated about Islam in Ethiopia... and Bilal being a black Ethiopian??... undecided
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by usoofdbest: 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lilimax: This is not true at all.Boko Haram members carry out their suicide misson based on the promises of 72 virgins in Al-janah. This is what they are thought in their religion. Afterall 99.9% of Boko Harams are Moslems.
DO YOU HAVE ANY PROOF BIGOT FOOL
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by usoofdbest: 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
aminho: As much as I hate him but I agree with him today
Islam means the religion of peace. A person following Islam will find that he or she is surrounded by noble teachings, the aim of which is to establish peace between man and Allah, the Creator of all; between man and man; and between man and the rest of Allah’s creation.

How does such a religion deal with the issue of terrorism And what does the word terrorist mean?

Dictionaries will define a terrorist as one who systematically uses violence and intimidation to achieve political ends – or one who controls or forces others to do something by violence, fear or threats.

All these definitions are covered by two words in the Holy Qur’an, the sacred book of Islam: Fitnah and Ikrâh.

Two of the very first verses of our Holy Book say: ‘Al-Fitnatu ashad-du minal qatl’ – meaning that in the sight of WELLSAID JAZZAKALLAHU KHAIRANAllah, ‘persecution, or making people constantly fear for their lives, is much worse than killing’.

And also: ‘Lâ ikrâha fid-dîn’ – ‘There shall be no compulsion in religion’, that is to say, that no one has the right to force others into complying with their demands or compelling others to follow their line of thinking.

In Islam, every effort is thus made to protect the peace of not only the Muslims, but also of the followers of other faiths.

Allah Almighty says: And if Allah did not defend some men by means of others, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues and mosques wherein the name of Allah is oft remembered. (Ch.22: v.41)

The Prophet ordered:
‘You will meet those who remember Almighty Allah in their houses of worship. Have no dispute with them, and give no trouble to them. In the enemy country, do not kill any women or children, or the blind, or the old. Do not pull down any tree; nor pull down any building.’ (Quoted from Halbiyyah, Vol.3).

It is our belief that not only Islam, but no true religion, whatever its name, can sanction violence and bloodshed of innocent men, women and children in the name of Allah Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by phildon: 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
tomakint: Our Own Wole Soyinka I totally disagree with you on this! Those tebliks who beat up masquerades in Oshogbo, Ibadan, Abeokuta are muslims and not Boko Harams, those who beheaded Gideon Akaluka in 1994 are not boko harams but are muslims, those who beat up Oloolu (a famous Masquerade) and his followers at Ibadan last year are muslims and not boko harams, the message is very clear there is a connection from Islam to what boko harams are doing and that is VIOLENCE! Truth be told cool
Just as muslims bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki into shreds.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by usoofdbest: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
THEN TELL US WHAT IT IS
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by acaolly1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lilimax: This is not true at all.Boko Haram members carry out their suicide misson based on the promises of 72 virgins in Al-janah. This is what they are thought in their religion. Afterall 99.9% of Boko Harams are Moslems.

At times i look at fools like u talking where intellectuals are robbing mind. This show u lack knowledge and you refuse to seek one. I wont fight for GOD just keep running ur dirty mouth and ur empty brain about. Your judgement awaits you in Heaven. ode
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by AbdH: 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

Why the moon?? Why not the sun Sun is actually better for calculating time and seasons... undecided

Anyway, why did you skip where I alluded to prophet Muhammed being educated about Islam in Ethiopia... and Bilal being a black Ethiopian??... undecided
What?! The sun is better for calculating time and seasons? You are wrong there sir.
He wasn't educated about Islam anywhere except Saudi. How could the Ethiopians have taught him the things he knew when the things he knew were confirmed to have been out of this world even by the people better than the people you claim taught him?
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tj4luck(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

If the black stone is just a meteorite with no significance to muslims/Islam - why did they build the Kaaba to house it, and why do muslims die to kiss it Who houses a meteorite in their place of worship and kiss it?? grin Perhaps, Russians should take a cue from Meccans and house their meteorites somewhere and start kissing them as well, no?? undecided undecided

And what was Kaaba before it was destroyed and turned into a Mosque?? Kaaba was a shrine for pagan deities of the Arabs!!! So why didn't Muslims build their Mosque elsewhere?? Why there and why keep the black stone there

The kaaba is a mosque , it is not built to house anything.. Infact, there is nothing inside. The black stone is one stone in its corner...

It is part of the original construction by Abraham and Ishmael. The muslims are part of that legacy, submission to the one God.

Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said "NO DOUBT, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah's Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you. (Sahih BUKHARI: Volume 2, Book 26, Number 667)

That is the muslim attitude to the stone .

I reiterate: go read Galatians 4 to know if Abraham, Hagar, Hannah, Ishmael, and Isaac walked this planet or not.. Apostle Paul already answered your question there when he was speaking to the Galatians...

It is not an established belief, Paul was not a historian either... If that is how you reach your conclusion, it is understandable to see how you come across this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tbaba1234: 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
shymexx:

If you did a little bit of history, you would find out that the moon was the most predominant way of calculating time.

Lol, the second part is best left ignored, it only shows the kind of ignorance, we are talking about... like i said, get out more, read some books

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by phildon: 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
How many virgins have you got so far in your bombing spree? Useless Boko Haramite like you.
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by dc555: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
i guess soyinka's knowledge of islam is highly sophisticated? smh
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
AbdH:
What?! The sun is better for calculating time and seasons? You are wrong there sir.
He wasn't educated about Islam anywhere except Saudi. How could the Ethiopians have taught him the things he knew when the things he knew were confirmed to have been out of this world even by the people better than the people you claim taught him?

The sun is actually better for calculating time... When the sun rises, you know what period of the day it is... When it sets, you also know what period of the say it is... The sun also shows the seasons in every year - it enables you to know if it's winter, autumn, summer, or spring...

The Ethiopians probably educated everyone about the Abrahamaic religions... Abyssinia(Ethiopia) is like the place where God always tell everyone to seek refuge in the bible when they get in trouble... You can check the bible to find out....

Saudi Arabians never knew nor heard anything about Islam till prophet Muhammed's sojourn to Ethiopia... So where did he learn about the religion??
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by mko2005: 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
The Islamic scholars with good intentions did not do justice to the below in the quran so the others(Boko & the rest) took advantage of it !
Sura 4:101-''Regarding infidels,they are the Muslim's inveterate enemies''
Sura 9:5-''Muslims are to arrest them,besiege them and lie in ambush everywhere for them.Seieze them(unbelievers)and put them to death wherever you find them,kill them wherever you find them.
Sura 4:90-''Seek out the enemies of Islam relentlesly
Sura 2:193-''Fight them until Islam reign supreme
Sura 2:193-''Cut off their heads and cut off the tips of their fingers Sura 8:12
Sura 9:39-''If a muslim does not go to war Allah will kill him
Sura 9:81-'' the heat of war is fierce but more fierce is the heat of hell
Sura 22:78-''Fight for the cause of allah with the devotion due to him
Sura 9:123-''Make war with the unbelievers who live around you
Sura 48:29-''Be ruthless to unbelievers
Sura 8:69-''Enjoy the good things you have gained through fighting
Sura 6:152 Kill any person you wish if it be a just cause
Sura 61:3 allah love those who fight for his cause
Sura 5:34 any one who fights against allah or renounces islam in favor of another religion shall be put to death or crucified or have his hand and feet cut off alternative sides Sura-5:34
Sahih Al-Bukhari-''Whoever changes his islamic religion,kill him.
Quran 9:5 Slay the idolaters wherever you find them,and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush.
Quran 69:30-37-''Take him and fetter and expose him to hell fire
Quran 8:12-'' I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers,smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them
Quran 5:33-'' They should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides
Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 4 P55- Know that paradise is under the shades of swords !

The above is what Shekau and the others sell to their members !

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by wazobiaforu(m): 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
Now i realised xtian enjoy the BH saga, they see it like season film so they dont want it to end.

The only thing Nigerian xtian have against islam is BH and if its end then they wont have anything to say against islam again. Shioooooor

The muslims keep saying REAL MUSLIM are not terrorist and you keep saying REAL MUSLIM must kill

Oponu, arindin ni awon elomi, you need to know how many cases of infidelity is against many pastors within the last 1 year, shud we keep saying REAL xtian must do that? You will preach against some bad act of some xtians and you want ppl to bliv you but you dont want to bliv other ppl preaching.

If BH stop killing and you enjoying the news of killing then start killing yourself ....
Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234:
The kaaba is a mosque , it is not built to house anything.. Infact, there is nothing inside. The black stone is one stone in its corner...

It is part of the original construction by Abraham and Ishmael. The muslims are part of that legacy, submission to the one God.

Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said "NO DOUBT, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah's Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you. (Sahih BUKHARI: Volume 2, Book 26, Number 667)

That is the muslim attitude to the stone .

Nah, the Kaaba wasn't originally a Mosque... the original pagan shrine was destroyed and the mosque was built after that....

And why keep the meteorite(the black stone) in the same mosque and allow people to kiss it passionately if it's of no significance to Islam??

It is not an established belief, Paul was not a historian either... If that is how you reach your conclusion, it is understandable to see how you come across this nonsense.

So, Apostle Paul is a fraud now, no??

If Abraham, Isaac, Hagar, and Hannah - how come there's no proof that they walked this planet apart from the Torah and bible Heck, the Egyptians kept a record of everything in history in the pyramid hieroglyphics, how come an Abraham who actually lived in Egypt never made it to the Egyptian history books?? Not even enigmatic Hagar and her son who were Egyptians...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Boko-Haram's Knowledge Of Islam Is Limited by tj4luck(m): 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
Some ignorant ppl would not contribute all they do is to wait for people's mistake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aliyu Insists Amaechi Defeated Jang / British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System / Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.