Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others (8104 Views)

Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? / Canada To Deport A Nigerians’ Hater, Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Back To Nigeria. / Chadians Among Kano Attackers, Police Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by REVOLUTNIS: 10:30am On Mar 26, 2013
Nonsense! Are they the problem of terrorism in this country, why have we decided to leave the poising and chase the snake. Boko haram is not from any of this countries. they should deport every Hausa man and woman who is found to be doing nothing but walking around the streets of Lagos and Yoruba land.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by RedLight1: 10:33am On Mar 26, 2013
ceejay80: Just 100 ? What of niger people and togo, the people pass more than 100,000 in lagos. They have to go
why now ...they cant deport everyone for the sin of few ...besides togolese are predominantly christans and pagans
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by fuckluv(f): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2013
james2man: Deporting them is doing them a favor to visit their country,because some of them are even short of cash to travel back home. few months later they will be back in 9ja.
if the security at the borders could be tightened, this would not be so.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by tintingz(m): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2013
deporting tingy. . . .eko o ni baje grin
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Afam4eva(m): 10:37am On Mar 26, 2013
The topic is misleading. It's Nigeria that is deporting and not Lagos. States have no constitutional rights to deport anyone...Btw, where are they been deported to? I won't be surprised if they're dropped off in Kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by RedLight1: 10:40am On Mar 26, 2013
gboss4sure: Thats not gonna solve the problem. There is no solution to human bomb... The person that you want to kill already wants to die. Will they stop northerners from coming to Lagos? Nope. Deporting aint the solution, am still thinking of solution to human weapon and am yet to think of anyone. If you have any solution to this weapon kindly let me know.

Moreover did 100 Nigerians got deported when Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempted to attack the USA.
abdullmutallab didnt stay much in nigeria like in uk and yemen ...besides do u know how america has been treating those arabs in usa after 9/11...trust me its worse than deporting them..... apart from that, america has all the technology and weapons and intelligence to combat terrorism from within...unlike nigeria that terrorism is still little bit allien to us and we are still learning ...so we have to use what we have ..besides those that are gonna be deported entered illegally anyway
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Drlumi: 10:40am On Mar 26, 2013
If one Nigerian is arrested in New York for attempted terrorism, it makes sense to trace his house and deport all the other Nigerians in the area, right?

I really hope these selected Chadians have been properly investigated and found to be contravening the laws of the land. I would love to believe that that is the case, however from my own experience of the Nigerian police (as a Nigerian), I can be 90 percent sure that they just went around arresting foreigners from these 'lesser developed' countries arbitrarily. For some of them, their only crime might actually be that they are not Nigerians and are not from the West. Sorry to sound disparaging but if you've ever been 'arrested' by our police under the allegation of cybercrime (because you happen to have a laptop and a nice phone without holding the receipt and are unwilling to part with a bribe), you would understand what I'm saying.

While taking a short term course in India, there was a time similar treatment was meted out to us (Nigerians who lived in an area popularly occupied by Nigerians). We were subjected to annoying and humiliating police searches. Needless to say, we protested and had it stopped. It taught me one lesson: If we don't like people accusing us worldwide of being terrorists, we shouldn't use terrorism as an excuse to maltreat other people. What if other nations started deporting Nigerians merely because a bomb blast goes off somewhere or the other in our nation every other week (at least, that's the impression many people outside have)?

Instead of victimizing these guys unnecessarily, we should tighten our immigration loopholes. We should have real immigration laws that are enforced. There should be effective databases of foreigners living in the country and their purposes for being there at each point in time. Don't tell me it can't work in Nigeria; similar developing countries manage such matters much better than we do. We beg every Tom, Dick and Harry to come in in the name of foreign investment and there is zero monitoring of the actions of these people. We then wake up one day and start deporting the less fortunate of them.

I wouldn't expect many people to agree with me. But ill-thought out behaviors like this form the basis for maltreatment of Nigerians in most places (the recent South-Africa episode is a good example). If we don't treat our own people with respect and can't do that to our neighbours, no one outside will respect us. If we catch a terrorist from Chad and our next response is to start deporting Chadians claiming that we suspect that they are 'connected'... what stops the world from doing the same to Nigerians?

In summary: deporting ILLEGAL immigrants is not necessarily a bad idea. We just shouldn't do it merely because they are from Chad or Mali.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Drlumi: 10:47am On Mar 26, 2013
Nairaland autocorrect... smiley I didn't say Tom, "Joystick" and Harry smiley
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by vanstanzy(m): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2013
Great move by our amiable Gov'nor Fashola. grin grin grin Seriously these guyz were beginning to constitute a NUISANCE.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 26, 2013
This is how xenophobia starts.
Coming from a country well known to invade people land with illegal/ undocumented aliens ,what an irony.
Togo,Mali,Chad are all tolerant when comes religion, there is no sharia law there but yet people want to make us think that they leave their countries to bomb naija and transform to an Islamic nation?
The problem of naija is your Arab-wannabe.
Stop harassing peaceful foreigners

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2013
Drlumi: If one Nigerian is arrested in New York for attempted terrorism, it makes sense to trace his house and deport all the other Nigerians in the area, right?

I really hope these selected Chadians have been properly investigated and found to be contravening the laws of the land. I would love to believe that that is the case, however from my own experience of the Nigerian police (as a Nigerian), I can be 90 percent sure that they just went around arresting foreigners from these 'lesser developed' countries arbitrarily. For some of them, their only crime might actually be that they are not Nigerians and are not from the West. Sorry to sound disparaging but if you've ever been 'arrested' by our police under the allegation of cybercrime (because you happen to have a laptop and a nice phone without holding the receipt and are unwilling to part with a bribe), you would understand what I'm saying.

While taking a short term course in India, there was a time similar treatment was meted out to us (Nigerians who lived in an area popularly occupied by Nigerians). We were subjected to annoying and humiliating police searches. Needless to say, we protested and had it stopped. It taught me one lesson: If we don't like people accusing us worldwide of being terrorists, we shouldn't use terrorism as an excuse to maltreat other people. What if other nations started deporting Nigerians merely because a bomb blast goes off somewhere or the other in our nation every other week (at least, that's the impression many people outside have)?

Instead of victimizing these guys unnecessarily, we should tighten our immigration loopholes. We should have real immigration laws that are enforced. There should be effective databases of foreigners living in the country and their purposes for being there at each point in time. Don't tell me it can't work in Nigeria; similar developing countries manage such matters much better than we do. We beg every Tom, Dick and Harry to come in in the name of foreign investment and there is zero monitoring of the actions of these people. We then wake up one day and start deporting the less fortunate of them.

I wouldn't expect many people to agree with me. But ill-thought out behaviors like this form the basis for maltreatment of Nigerians in most places (the recent South-Africa episode is a good example). If we don't treat our own people with respect and can't do that to our neighbours, no one outside will respect us. If we catch a terrorist from Chad and our next response is to start deporting Chadians claiming that we suspect that they are 'connected'... what stops the world from doing the same to Nigerians?

In summary: deporting ILLEGAL immigrants is not necessarily a bad idea. We just shouldn't do it merely because they are from Chad or Mali.
. Gbam.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by vanstanzy(m): 10:55am On Mar 26, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Nonsense! Are they the problem of terrorism in this country, why have we decided to leave the poising and chase the snake. Boko haram is not from any of this countries. they should deport every Hausa man and woman who is found to be doing nothing but walking around the streets of Lagos and Yoruba land.

NLers, its people like this that are never satisfied with anything others do. angry angry

Well Mr Revolution, i'll tell u like this, if u don't like what Fashola did, do ur own, PERIOD! sad sad
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 26, 2013
What will they gain? Usually people leave their countries for a better life ....i don't see the point esp for a foreigner to go and bomb the place where he lives.
Next breaking news will be the kamikaze wannabe on the Detroit flight was Chadian or Malian, that is pure denial
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by ABsI1: 11:18am On Mar 26, 2013
Y deporting dem? Dey will come back wit more VENOM. Y not kill dem all instead. Hell nids dem,their partners,associates,sympathisers, friends&sponsors like the borno elders forum,the sultan,TUC,Senator Ndume, SAS AKA Alli Modu Sherrif,Ribadu,El Ruffai,PDP etc
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by ABsI1: 11:26am On Mar 26, 2013
Y deporting dem? Dey will come back wit more VENOM. Y not kill dem all instead? Hell nids dem, hade needs their partners,associates,sympathisers, friends&sponsors like the borno elders forum,the sultan,TUC,Senator Ndume, SAS AKA Alli Modu Sherrif,Ribadu,El Ruffai,PDP etc as well
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Capnd143(m): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2013
Deport only? The should be properly screened, the innocent should be set free and the BH fans should face JTF firing Squad!!!
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by oilsuop: 11:53am On Mar 26, 2013
deport them they will BE BACK IN FEW WEEKS sad sad
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by basty: 11:57am On Mar 26, 2013
N'importe quel traducteur dans la maison ?

Bonjour Niralanders,Combien de ces clandestins alliens sont au Nigeria. Je suis né et élevé au Nigeria, mais des trucs français.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by nduchucks: 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
This story appears bogus. A state government has no constitutional authority to deport foreign nationals.

I'd strongly urge Fashola and his peeps to move carefully, there is no need to go out of his way to make new enemies.

Too many Lagos bridges are prime candidates for retaliatory actions which Fashola has no defence against. These matters call for unusual wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by delishpot: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
high time they got deported. They would be used as mercenaries in the planed Jihad. Their numbers should be checked. BH leaders will be shocked the government is taking this step.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by reporter1: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
ndu_chucks: This story appears bogus. A state government has no constitutional authority to deport foreign nationals.

I'd strongly urge Fashola and his peeps to move carefully, there is no need to go out of his way to make new enemies.

Too many Lagos bridges are prime candidates for retaliatory actions which Fashola has no defence against. These matters call for unusual wisdom.

You should read the article again, this time pay attention to the first paragraph. What has Fashola got to do with this?

"As part of efforts to curb the level of crime being perpetrated by illegal aliens, the Nigerian Immigration Service, Lagos State Command, has said it is set to deport about 100 Chadians, Nigeriens and Malians from the country".
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by ba7man(m): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
Drlumi: If one Nigerian is arrested in New York for attempted terrorism, it makes sense to trace his house and deport all the other Nigerians in the area, right?

If they are in Nigeria illegally, they should be deported. That's what sane nations do. They can't be deported if they are legally in the Country.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Dede1(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
Certain Nigerians are goofy as hell. Lagos State has no constitutional powers or rights to deport any foreign national from Nigeria.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
Dede1: Certain Nigerians are goofy as hell. Lagos State has no constitutional powers or rights to deport any foreign national from Nigeria.

You are right, will you be kind enough to accommodate these unfortunate people in your home in the east?
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by nnannamachael(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
I said it befor,now lagos is doing it,let other states especially the northern state emulate the gesture,but religion will corrupt that of the north.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Dede1(m): 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
Aigbofa:

You are right, will you be kind enough to accommodate these unfortunate people in your home in the east?

This is the point I tried to raise on the other thread with respect to learning a lesson. Most of the posters who did not fathom that Lagos State has no powers to deport foreign ants are indigenes of southwest of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Richy4(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
venatus25:
a literate g.oat on NL commenting, if i may ask are you happy to stand and watch stranger are killing your nation?

I would have corrected you but I will not because you sound too intelligent and Educated. wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by manny4life(m): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lagos isn't the one deporting them, the Lagos Command Immigration Service is. Illegal immigration is kinda good and bad, however it needs to be curbed.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Udpconcept(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
if u deport dem today tomorrow d will come back in dia thousands our boarder is 2 poross
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Dede1(m): 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
manny4life: Lagos isn't the one deporting them, the Lagos Command Immigration Service is. Illegal immigration is kinda good and bad, however it needs to be curbed.

Tell that to the moronic thread originator.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by manny4life(m): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
Dede1:

Tell that to the moronic thread originator.

Lol, it's not ONLY the originator but the moronic administrator who put it on the FP.
Re: Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
dederocs:
you are a fool,Nigerians are deported everyday even by poo countries like South Africa...Am sure you are a Ghanian.

Idiot. You cant even understand simple English. I never asked if Nigerians are deported, I only asked if the USA Government deported Nigerians because of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempt to attack the USA. Idiot make sure you read very well and understand the writeup before yarning dust. na dis kind thing make your papa ask your mama if she sure say na him born you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu And The British Connection. / LAWMA Sweepers Get Free Breast, Cervical Cancer Screening, Treatment / Coup: Prosecute Those Inciting Military Against Tinubu – MURIC Tells Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.