Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

NCC Begins Number Portability - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Begins Number Portability (14529 Views)

Mobile Number Portability (MNP), What You Need To Know. / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 / Nigeria: Mobile Number Portability Begins June 2012 – Ncc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 26, 2013
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Clerverly: 10:01am On Mar 26, 2013
blink182: Clearly Ernest Ndukwe was just fooling around all through his stay. At this rate of competition inducing reforms, soon we may not need VPN to unlimited download.

All your postings are always coated with infantile rantings except when the topic involves your so called ewu Iroko. For your information, the idea was conceptualize and was being worked on before he(Ernest Ndukwe) left NCC after a highly acknowledged successful tenure. So Mr Mimiko a.s.z licker, stop hating angry angry angry
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Artistree: 10:04am On Mar 26, 2013
f
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by cecegorz(m): 10:08am On Mar 26, 2013
Can somebody tell NCC to publish the modalities for these porting?
Seeing that today is the go-live date, i suppose the information on how-to, should have been published for the public to use.
Most folks are still in the dark on what exactly to do.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by yyb14: 10:10am On Mar 26, 2013
MTN for life cool
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2013
airtel is better now
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Balkan(m): 10:14am On Mar 26, 2013
Please I don't understand this porting can someone please explain to me. Am very sure most people commenting don't understand it either

1 Like

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 26, 2013
Exactly, what do i need to do to switch from one network to another
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by a1solution: 10:27am On Mar 26, 2013
Tolexander: Wao!
God don catch those babes wey dey give me an mtn user their glo or etisalat number for the sake of making me to call them with the whole of my pocket money. Na just to port from my mtn to the etisalat and glo wey those babes dey use anytime i wan call dem be dat. Shikena!

And anytime i wan browse free with cheat make i port to airtel.
The babes would still use your head since it takes since months duration to opt in or opt out.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 26, 2013
can somebody please explain to me "what the furk is number portabilty"
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by RedLight1: 10:29am On Mar 26, 2013
they should tell us how to move .... i need to from mtn with immediate alacrity angry

today today not tomorrow
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Shegman22(m): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2013
Glo 100%........
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by beeveepee: 10:32am On Mar 26, 2013
Want to know what number portability is all about? Check this link..it doesn't seem to be as straight forward as it looks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_number_portability
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by omenka(m): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2013
Fabulous news!

MTN, una see wetin I dey see so? tongue
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Phonon: 10:34am On Mar 26, 2013
Finally I can dump my Reltel and NITEL phones.:-D Everyone switch to Airtel...
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by dmcdad: 10:39am On Mar 26, 2013
dederocs: NCC-STOP MTN FROM SIGNING UP NEW SUBSCRIBERS,THIER NETWORKS ARE CONGESTED...MTN HAVE MADE A LOT OF MONEY,BROWSING SHOULD BE FREE AT NIGHT FOR ALL NETWORKS NOW.ITS TIME TO GIVE NIGERIANS BACK-CALL ARE STILL TOO EXPENSIVE.
Dont worry bro.. The call issue has been taken care of by NCC and would kick-start by April 1st.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by dmcdad: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2013
dederocs: NCC-STOP MTN FROM SIGNING UP NEW SUBSCRIBERS,THIER NETWORKS ARE CONGESTED...MTN HAVE MADE A LOT OF MONEY,BROWSING SHOULD BE FREE AT NIGHT FOR ALL NETWORKS NOW.ITS TIME TO GIVE NIGERIANS BACK-CALL ARE STILL TOO EXPENSIVE.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by osazee12(m): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2013
welcome development.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by smartg(m): 10:45am On Mar 26, 2013
Still in love with my airtel line. I was using MTN b4, when i discover dat they were very stingy and proud even with their bad network services, i quickly drop d sim and bought airtel(formerly ZAIN). I can't even remember my mtn number again, don't even know where i drop the sim.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by D3xt3r: 10:46am On Mar 26, 2013
Tolexander: Wao!
God don catch those babes wey dey give me an mtn user their glo or etisalat number for the sake of making me to call them with the whole of my pocket money. Na just to port from my mtn to the etisalat and glo wey those babes dey use anytime i wan call dem be dat. Shikena!

And anytime i wan browse free with cheat make i port to airtel.

How u wish it was that easy. You can only port once in three months and one port-out can. take up to 10 days to complete. so I advice u reduce ur cheats on both girls and telecom..lol
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by dmcdad: 10:47am On Mar 26, 2013
Balkan: Please I don't understand this porting can someone please explain to me. Am very sure most people commenting don't understand it either
Its just a way of switching between networks while retaining your phone number. In other words, you can decide to switch ur Mtn number you have been using for ages to airtel or vice-versa without losing the number.

And from all indications, seems its gonna take 3 months in-between switching. That is, you can switch just once in every 90days. Got it?

1 Like

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by bumtos(m): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2013
Pls, NCC do that before is too late.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by dmcdad: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2013
beeveepee: Want to know what number portability is all about? Check this link..it doesn't seem to be as straight forward as it looks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_number_portability
It doesn't seem as difficult as u think... I think mode of porting varies from country to country, so dont assume we are going with the one that the new network would get in contact with the old before taking care of the necessaries. Thats a long and frustrating process. There are other modes that are way easier and faster than that... Although, we are yet to know the right one Nigeria opted out for...
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Gboliwe: 10:54am On Mar 26, 2013
Our Yansh:

My Love, I'm also moving to Etilsalat. Wherever you go I'll follow.

kiss kiss

cool cool
Who is this?
And who are the two persons that liked your post? Weird users. tongue
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by oluomoken: 11:00am On Mar 26, 2013
Can one change from one network to another if their service is bad and still retains his number likewise going back to the network if the service is okay.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by olusola200: 11:01am On Mar 26, 2013
This means 08033 can be glo or etisalat network. We need to examine the disadvange too
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by jidewin(m): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2013
hehehe MTN go hear am.Their exploitation is UN-matcheable grin
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by jidewin(m): 11:07am On Mar 26, 2013
My Glo and Etisalat all the way!!!
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by OurYansh: 11:12am On Mar 26, 2013
Gboliwe:
Who is this?

My One and Only Sweet Porayro.....

kiss

3 Likes

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by mjay(m): 11:13am On Mar 26, 2013
jidewin: My Glo and Etisalat all the way!!!

Yea am considering Glo too. The network looks pretty strong, and the 18k/to all network luks gud to me.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by malc619(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2013
Gboliwe:
Who is this?

My Love pls ignore that dude. As long as you remain under my loving care he's not gonna get anywhere near you.

cool cool
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by taharqa: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2013
blink182: Clearly Ernest Ndukwe was just fooling around all through his stay. At this rate of competition inducing reforms, soon we may not need VPN to unlimited download.
Ndukwe did d ground work, and a fantastic work at that to set the industry on d right 1st start; he wasn't obviously concernd about these kinds of 'reforms' as you call. The people there now are only continuing from where his team stoppd, and are apparently doing good at that..... For me, d most IMPORTANT thing to tk away from the HUGE and continued SUCCESSES in d Telecoms Sector is d even GREATER Possibilities in d Power and Oil sectors once they are completely OPENED up to Competition and Efficiency of d Private Sector. Esp d Power Sector- its possibilities EXCITES me every time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tecno Phones And Prices In Nigeria 2024 / 30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola / 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.