Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

NCC Begins Number Portability - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Begins Number Portability (14521 Views)

Mobile Number Portability (MNP), What You Need To Know. / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 / Nigeria: Mobile Number Portability Begins June 2012 – Ncc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by SirJohn(m): 7:20am On Mar 27, 2013
luluosas:
Speed wise, you are very correct. Anytime I do speak about Glo speed here, some people usually think that, because Glo is my preferred network, that's why I do support them but, this is untrue, as I am just been sincere with the reality at hand.
The attached images here are the speed test results I just carried out, between Glo and MTN. Location: Yola Town, Adamawa State.
Pic 1. Glo test - Direct test
Pic 2. Glo test - On a Wifi tethered device
Pic 3. MTN test - Direct test

Hey bro, test results will vary with location. got it?
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by LeJeun3: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1238260/what-mobile-number-portabilityFor those in need of more clarification, you can get more insight here.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Shadowblaqq(m): 10:32am On Mar 27, 2013
jammyng: Good one, I'll use a new network each week depending on available promo grin
Bros you can only change network after 90 days
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by luluosas(m): 11:28am On Mar 27, 2013
SirJohn:

Hey bro, test results will vary with location. got it?
What are you talking about here? Test result on Picture 2 and 3 were done using the same phone, same room, same day and time (3 minutes difference). So, where is the location difference here now?
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by LeJeun3: 11:34am On Mar 27, 2013
But you are not in his own location now!
luluosas:
What are you talking about here? Test result on Picture 2 and 3 were done using the same phone, same room, same day and time (3 minutes difference). So, where is the location difference here now?
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Wislet(f): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
freebloke: Three months ke b4 i fit port
Wetin come be all the galala dance about porting if i go wait 3 months b4 i fit switch network. So if my current network come dey 4uck up for my area and other network stand fit and i need to make emergency calls na him be sey i go wait for three months b4 i fit make my emergency call.
Abegiii! Make dem hol dere pot abi na kettle.
Mi get all d networks 4 my pocket.
grin grin grin grin
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Wislet(f): 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
PLS WHO KNOWS IF MTN IS STILL BROWSING UNLIMITED ON BIS or HAVE THEY STOPPED?
Why is it only MTN that has unlimited data plan?
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Seyilome(m): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
luluosas:
Speed wise, you are very correct. Anytime I do speak about Glo speed here, some people usually think that, because Glo is my preferred network, that's why I do support them but, this is untrue, as I am just been sincere with the reality at hand.
The attached images here are the speed test results I just carried out, between Glo and MTN. Location: Yola Town, Adamawa State.
Pic 1. Glo test - Direct test
Pic 2. Glo test - On a Wifi tethered device
Pic 3. MTN test - Direct test
And me too,I love Glo than any network, I have been using Glo since I have been using phone, because it is ours

1 Like

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by luluosas(m): 8:57am On Mar 28, 2013
LeJeun3: But you are not in his own location now!
My brother, when he was talking about location over the speed test I uploaded, I was like saying, does this guy understand me at all? Now, my speed test between MTN and Glo were conducted on the same room, same day and time. Thank you.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by luluosas(m): 9:01am On Mar 28, 2013
Seyilome: And me too,I love Glo than any network, I have been using Glo since I have been using phone, because it is ours
This is the spirit of a true patriot. This is why is also prefer Aba made shoes to foreign ones. Glo, the only indigenous telecoms service provider in Nigeria today. We Nigerians should truly embrace and support them to succeed.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by jpphilips(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
luluosas:
This is the spirit of a true patriot. This is why is also prefer Aba made shoes to foreign ones. Glo, the only indigenous telecoms service provider in Nigeria today. We Nigerians should truly embrace and support them to succeed.

true patriot indeed, if you know sh1t about telecommunications, you wont need anyone to remind you that it is 100% foreign infrastructure,
btw, do people actually use glo? the only network that ask you to recharge with 500NGN balance? the only network that goes off while it rains? the only network that calls me when im actually calling someone else?
a lousy network that subscribes you to a useless update against ur wish, deduct your money then fill your message box with junks?

i dey laugh!!!
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by luluosas(m): 5:08am On Mar 29, 2013
jp philips:

true patriot indeed, if you know sh1t about telecommunications, you wont need anyone to remind you that it is 100% foreign infrastructure,
btw, do people actually use glo? the only network that ask you to recharge with 500NGN balance? the only network that goes off while it rains? the only network that calls me when im actually calling someone else?

i dey laugh!!!
Nobody is talking about infrastructure wise but, investment wise. So, get in clear.
As for your 'who still use Glo' side talk, I think you are not been sincere with yourself. Thank you.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by LeJeun3: 6:55am On Mar 29, 2013
luluosas:
My brother, when he was talking about location over the speed test I uploaded, I was like saying, does this guy understand me at all? Now, my speed test between MTN and Glo were conducted on the same room, same day and time. Thank you.
Ok, I get however, when talking about browsing speed and making comparism, location should also count.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by realghy(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2013
let someone tell us how to do this
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by realghy(m): 11:36am On Mar 29, 2013
let someone tell us how to do port in and out i can't wait any more
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by mjay(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2013
Glo is also on my mind for the port
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by SirJohn(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
luluosas:

That's the point I'm trying to make, you'd probably get a different result if you were in a different location.
When it comes to network experience, there is no clear winner at any time cos it depends on so many factors.
its very natural to hear too many people complain of bad network experience in MTN cos hey this guys have a whooping 43% of GSM market, the remainder is shared amongst other operators.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by shaiguy(m): 9:54am On Mar 31, 2013
Like your telco to bits or can't wait to change lines? Take this survey on number portability #Nigeria #naija #trends http:///jBoKZ
So far about 68% of movement appears to be towards Etisalat, MTN currently at the bottom though...
Chart updated in realtime based on user interaction

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by shaiguy(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2013
Etisalat continues to lead by a wide margin. Most users appear to be heading out towards Etisalat with Airtel a distant second. MTN remains firmly rooted to the bottom of the chart. I have attached a sample report from the backend showing movement patterns at at 10.20am this morning.

Be sure to share this with your friends and complete the poll yourself.

Like your telco to bits or can't wait to change lines? Take this survey on number portability #Nigeria #naija #trends

http:///jBoKZ

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by jpphilips(m): 2:35am On Apr 02, 2013
luluosas:
Nobody is talking about infrastructure wise but, investment wise. So, get in clear.
As for your 'who still use Glo' side talk, I think you are not been sincere with yourself. Thank you.

i dont expect you to be smart but a company with 100% foreign infrastructures does not pass as indigenous.
what do you invest in a company??
about glo's rickety services, even Mike adenuga knows that glo is a mess.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by jpphilips(m): 2:55am On Apr 02, 2013
shaiguy:
Like your telco to bits or can't wait to change lines? Take this survey on number portability #Nigeria #naija #trends http:///jBoKZ
So far about 68% of movement appears to be towards Etisalat, MTN currently at the bottom though...
Chart updated in realtime based on user interaction

stories that touch, MTN for me all the way, i will port useless glo to mtn as soon as i get the codes.
No sane network can refuse me calls with 500naira balance.

1 Like

Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by luluosas(m): 4:38am On Apr 02, 2013
jp philips:

i dont expect you to be smart but a company with 100% foreign infrastructures does not pass as indigenous.
what do you invest in a company??
about glo's rickety services, even Mike adenuga knows that glo is a mess.
Mr. SmartMan, you now tell me, where will Glo be investing their gain from the operations of their services, South Africa or Nigeria?
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by luluosas(m): 4:41am On Apr 02, 2013
jp philips:

stories that touch, MTN for me all the way, i will port useless glo to mtn as soon as i get the codes.
No sane network can refuse me calls with 500naira balance.
The same way hundreds of thousands of others will be porting their MTN to Glo, Airtel and Etisalat.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by jpphilips(m): 6:40am On Apr 02, 2013
luluosas:
Mr. SmartMan, you now tell me, where will Glo be investing their gain from the operations of their services, South Africa or Nigeria?

define an indigenious company??

most of you SS3 drop outs dont know when to keep quiet.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by luluosas(m): 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
jp philips:

You must be high on something.
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by Seyilome(m): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
jp philips:

you are very si_lly, if you know the person whom he is, you would have not spit out your dormant br_ain q
Re: NCC Begins Number Portability by emmysharp(m): 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
dridowu: Frm emptyhen to Eti baba.
Etisalat prep well oooo because i go soon land gidigba

Me sef don port o. saw the steps on PORTING here:

http://www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/mobile-number-portability-how-to-port-from-one-network-to-another

and

http://www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/from-mtn-to-etisalat-my-porting-experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola / 4 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Charger Last Longer / Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.