Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? (27075 Views)

Why Do Ladies Shave Off Their Eyebrows? / Is There Brazilian Waxing In Naija? / Warning. Say No To Bikini Waxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by free2ryhme: 12:27am On Apr 02, 2013
prosper86: Please can I get a good place in lagos or prtharcourt where I can wax and thread my eyebrows?

ask onila undecided
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Iceslizer(f): 12:32am On Apr 02, 2013
What is eyebrows? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 02, 2013
honeric01:

but why do you women love painful/uncomfortable things?

Painful yet some of you people won't stop.

From hair to shoes to nails to eyelashes to eyebrow, infact most of what you women spend time doing to your apperance are all painful/torture things.

I tire for una, women and pain!
Ayam telling you. Me ma tire for them o. sad
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 02, 2013
free2ryhme: Fashion: Fake Everything

In fashion nothing is real
Ugly. angry angry angry
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 02, 2013
CFCfan: Women are free to do what they like; to each her own.

Fashion trends are certainly intercontinental, just like Intercontinental Bank.
What's your own with guaranteed trust bank, intercontinental bank, first banks and all them banks? grin I've been reading them in almost all your comments of recent.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 02, 2013
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by aijaydiva(f): 6:17am On Apr 02, 2013
ItsModella:
blah blah blah...

Shaving is too ghetto. If you have a problem with that, you can go and chop stone.
...the nonsense that comes from the head of someone who is not ghetto. Hmmm:/
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 02, 2013
aijaydiva:
...the nonsense that comes from the head of someone who is not ghetto. Hmmm:/
The nonsense that comes from the mouth of someone who is supposedly not ghetto. You could have made your point without insulting me, but since you thought it cool to call me a "money miss road", then you're from the ghetto. Nonsense.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by tjskii(f): 8:10am On Apr 02, 2013
This is actualy d first time I'm hearin bout threading o,dis ibadan wey I dey sef na village,all I do is use a blade to shapen d brow,but it grows bak real fast,mayb I'll try this threading thing undecided
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by EzePromoe: 8:29am On Apr 02, 2013
adaobi123:
please explain fake height ? grin
When a lady as short as Jackie Appiah wears two storey building underneath her leg and looks taller than Yvonne Nelson undecided
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by EzePromoe: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2013
bad meat: thamk GOD they can't fake the quality of the poosaaay!
I didn't say that o. Please o. For the sake of my konji
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by topmostg: 9:09am On Apr 02, 2013
Penis sucker: We should just leave our eyebrows the way they are, naturally.

hmmm, joystick sucker.

or rather,
blowjöb giver.

Filth...
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by funkybaby(f): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2013
threading. . . . nah !

that ish is extremely painful

i tried it once and i have sworn to never, ever try it again. i was basically shaking on the chair and moaning all through. i kept asking the threader to stop at intervals. it was just too painful !

it was so bad that i had several spots of blood from my eyebrows that had to be dabbed by the threader with an astringent.

for the next 24hours, my eyebrows looked swollen and bruised.

however, three days later, they looked amazing grin grin a lot of friends kept complimenting and asking where i had them threaded. my eyebrows didnt need any 'touching' for about 3 weeks before i went back to my good ol' traditional use of tiger razor blade tongue

i just cannot bear to go through the pain again all in the name of looking good grin
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by slimyem: 9:36am On Apr 02, 2013
tjskii: This is actualy d first time I'm hearin bout threading o,dis ibadan wey I dey sef na village,all I do is use a blade to shapen d brow,but it grows bak real fast,mayb I'll try this threading thing undecided
lol.grin

Me sef nor know wetin be threading.I tweeze and trace the outline and it works just fine for meundecided
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by kekilika: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2013
badmeat:
thank God, they cant fake the quality of the pooosayyy
who told you? They have startd perming n jerry curling there self. Even blow d thing self.
@ badmeat, vry hilarious
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:49am On Apr 02, 2013
kekilika:
who told you? They have startd perming n jerry curling there self. Even blow d thing self.
@ badmeat, vry hilarious
Ewwwww!!!
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2013
kekilika:
@ badmeat, vry hilarious

There are far too many disgusting kids running around on NL undecided
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Morgan1092(m): 10:04am On Apr 02, 2013
tjskii: This is actualy d first time I'm hearin bout threading o,dis ibadan wey I dey sef na village,all I do is use a blade to shapen d brow,but it grows bak real fast,mayb I'll try this threading thing undecided
Like u re nt comfortable wit ur method. Beta dnt immitate odas
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:05am On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe:

There are far too many disgusting kids running around on NL undecided
I swear!!!
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by dazzledee: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2013
Please aw is waxing done? smileyPlease aw is waxing done?
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by megareal: 10:34am On Apr 02, 2013
Threading ke? I'm not into pain o. I tweeze or shave (i.e. shape). Dont care if its fashionable or not.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by ogeelove(f): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2013
funkybaby: threading. . . . nah !

i tried it once and i have sworn to never, ever try it again. i was basically shaking on the chair and moaning all through. i kept asking the threader to stop at intervals. it was just too painful !

it was so bad that i had several spots of blood from my eyebrows that had to be dabbed by the threader with an astringent.

however, three days later, they looked amazing grin grin a lot of friends kept complimenting and asking where i had them threaded. my eyebrows didnt need any 'touching' for about 3 weeks before i went back to my good ol' traditional use of tiger razor blade tongue

i just cannot bear to go through the pain again all in the name of looking good grin

If it was as painful as u describe then your handler must be a newbie on the job. I have a low threshold for pain but I thread all the time. Not everyone who claims to be an expert have the experience needed. I use asains only becos they have been threading ever before now. If in Nigeria, I would buy those mini wax strips and wax myself.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by ogeelove(f): 11:07am On Apr 02, 2013
funkybaby: threading. . . . nah !

If it was as painful as u describe then your handler must be a newbie on the job. I have a low threshold for pain but I thread all the time. Not everyone who claims to be an expert have the experience needed. I use asains only becos they have been threading ever before now. If in Nigeria, I would buy those mini wax strips and wax myself.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by sweeti14(f): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2013
Threading? waxing? tweezing? shaving? my brows are very scanty if i come do any of the above wetin go remain? sadly i'm the only one in the immediate fam with this problem. . . i wonder who i got the scanty brows from cry
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2013
sweeti14: Threading? waxing? tweezing? shaving? my brows are very scanty if i come do any of the above wetin go remain? sadly i'm the only one in the immediate fam with this problem. . . i wonder who i got the scanty brows from cry
use a eyebrow pencil to help make it fuller
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by funkybaby(f): 11:22am On Apr 02, 2013
ogeelove:

it was done by an asian and i had it done in a highstreet shop (not in nigeria), so i want to believe they will hire only professionals undecided

that said, the process is painful for first timers(as many people have admitted) -irrespective of how experienced the threader is. the pain i am made to understand becomes 'bearable' if threading is done more often. however, for me, i will pass ! once is more than enough !
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 02, 2013
funkybaby: ^^^ it was done by an asian and i had it done in a highstreet shop (superdrug), so i want to believe they will hire only professionals undecided

that said, the process is painful for first timers(as many people have admitted) -irrespective of how experienced the threader is. the pain i am made to understand becomes 'bearable' if threading is done more often. however, for me, i will pass ! once is more than enough !
asians do it the best in my opinion tongue
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by kekilika: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
naijababe:
Mushin mama and Forex trader/Ass now, are angry. Sorrry ooo. Na bad meat cause am.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Khemhyte(f): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Carving on point. i'm very ok wit dat.
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
Plaiting !
Re: Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? by idontgiveafuck(f): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Eze Promoe: Fashion is fake. Fake eyelashes, fake face, fake lips, fake hairs and even fake height.
See what they're doing with our money. SMH sad

lmao!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigerian Traditional Dresses(ankara,lace And George) / Fashion Mistakes People Make / Nairalander - Onyx Godwin pictures From his Make-up Project In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.