Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match (8038 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by joseph1013: 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
Just days after conquering Africa for the third time, the Super Eagles were brought down to earth by the gutsy Harambee Stars of Kenya, and save for a 93rd minute equaliser from Nnamdi Oduamadi, the Dennis Oliech-led team almost produced the shock result of the third round of qualifiers in Africa for the 2014 Fifa World Cup last Saturday.
Goal.com looks at five things that Stephen Keshi will have learnt against Kenya.

1. THE EAGLES DO NOT PLAY WELL WHEN THEY CONCEDE FIRST

Throughout the Nations Cup in South Africa, the Eagles never conceded the first goal. This was a scenario that football purists wanted to experience with the team to see the reaction – whether against a better team or one that has decided to pack the bus.

We witnessed that scenario on Saturday in Calabar and it was not a pleasant experience as all match plans went flying out of the window as the Kenyans scored with their only shot on target.

Before the goal, the Eagles were in complete control but not threatening the goal of the Kenyans. However, after Francis Kahata’s curling effort nestled in Vincent Enyeama’ net, it became everyone for himself. From that point it all went awry as we could not then fathom whether Mikel was the most advanced midfielder as he completely left his post-goal position to advance and search for goals. So, what happened? Interpretation of a match plan and the carrying out whether you are leading or looking for the equaliser is the mark of any great team – this draw should tell Keshi that he still has a long way to go before the Super Eagles are really super again on the world stage.

2. GIVE MARTINS ONE MORE CHANCE

What is wrong with Obafemi Martins in the green jersey of Nigeria over the last two matches he has played in?

It seems his heart is no more in playing for the country as performances have been largely lethargic. But it could be that there was no space behind the Kenyan defence last Saturday as they played a massed rank against the expected onslaught.

On a more benign occasion with the opposing team trying hard to play offensive type football, the new Seattle Sounders striker may have the green grass that will give him the leeway to be potent.

What Martins’ performance has said is that he will be necessary when we play away games and will advise Coach Keshi to give him one more chance to come good because as they always say – ‘form is temporary but class is permanent.’ Martins cannot have lost all his marbles just yet – he is only 28!

3. THE NEW ADDITIONS LOOK GOOD
Nnamdi Oduamadi, the Varese midfielder was a God-send on Sunday as he came on for the Eagles to rescue a tie that was all lost with five minutes of extra time.

Before he scored he had made some moves down the right though the full repertoire of his skills could not be displayed as the team was in such dire straits. Popularly called ‘Robinho’ for his love of step overs, he can move on from his impact goal to become a key member of the squad as the Eagles still need more winners in his mould – people that will do the inconceivable at the most unexpected time.

Though we have to say that John Ogu’s physique was a lovely surprise – it reminded one of how that team of 1994 looked like bullies on the pitch.

4.EAGLES HAVE TO BEAT EITHER NAMIBIA OR KENYA ON THE ROAD

With both Malawi and Nigeria sharing the top spot in Group F, it now behoves on Stephen Keshi and his team to earn three points on the road against either Kenya or Namibia. Because of ego, I would have wanted the Eagles to beat Kenya in the reverse fixture in June.

What with all the Twitter war that preceded the clash in Calabar and the chest thumping that must have ensued in Nairobi and Kasarani when the Harambee Stars actually scored and seemed to be running away with an unlikely win.

But that was just a draw and still the Stars are yet to get one over their perennial conquerors. That draw on Saturday was just the third time that Kenya will take a point off the Eagles in 14 confrontations. All the others have been losses.

So for the Eagles to assert their superiority over the Harambee in June so that Nigerians can dance the Galala will not be a bad idea at all but the players must be prepared to withstand all provocations because it has to be said – the Kenyans will be out for their pound of flesh. Our pound of flesh will be to deny them theirs.

5. NO MORE MINNOWS IN FOOTBALL
It happened also to Spain last week Friday as they were held 1-1 at home by Finland though they scored first and Tanzania beat Morocco on Sunday so the Eagles' escape by the skin of their teeth against Kenya has some shadow of rejoicing in it.

Though what normally happens is that the Eagles now have a better chance of beating the same Kenyan team at home as they will not be as cautious as their fans egg them on.
Source: http://goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/03/24/3850966/martins-needs-another-chance-oduamadi-a-good-addition-and?ICID=HP_TS_1

1 Like

Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by sammynaijaguy(m): 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
am the first to comment GHOST MODE am so shyting on my competitors from heaven grin angry sad shocked indi ara una no dey see me

2 Likes

Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
okay
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by onila(f): 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2013
dont worry, we r the giantz of football cool
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by nairaman66(m): 2:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
To shut his trap and concentrate on the game!!
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by dahdah: 2:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
What abt having plan B for each game incase d plan A failed? The Harambee Stars defended well,the eagles played long ball throughout nd d kenya defenders are tall
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by AjanleKoko: 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
It was just one game. And the team is still work in progress despite winning the cup in February.
I'm just glad we didn't lose, would have complicated things for us. Let's look ahead to the remaining games. Future is still bright.
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by clemmonce(m): 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
too tired to type what is on my mind. all i can say is I DON HEAR
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Kaxmytex(m): 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
[size=28pt]lol......keshi came out wit a gud game plan..it'z jux dat d kenyan's came wit a determination of beating d champion of africa,in which dey almost did buh d eagles underrated dem...[/size]

1 Like

Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by nigerfine: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
I ve no other club or country than my super eagles,let all hands be on deck to move them to where they belong. No more experiment , they should build upon what they have got now
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by sureteeboy(m): 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
Na their defense cause am joor. We will defeat them later
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
We are wearing the crown, we understand the reason for the uneasy.UP EAGLES
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Okijajuju1(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
Things Keshi should learn;

1. Super Eagles players can fall your hand at any minute.

2. AFCON was won by Nigeria because Oluwa was involved.

3. The Nigerian team had zero tactics in that match... The Kenyans held sway and repelled our attacks like they would flies.. They were taller so why did all our balls keep going up, up and up?!

4. Ahmed Musa is a wasteful Aboki..

1 Like

Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by dc555: 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lesson Learnt, when u are champs everyody wants to beat u.
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by SimonSniper(m): 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
undecided
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by searay(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
Make I finish this beans, I dey come comment.
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by dady12: 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
In football,anythg can happen.the kenyans came with the intention of defending and counter attacking strategy,but unluckily,nigeria conceeded first ,which make kenyans to be strong in the back ,you see ,they were playing 9 0 1 formation.the return leg will be different ball game cos they will like to make their home fans happy which we favour nigeria in getting one or two goals
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by tayokem(m): 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
SE plays must not be complacent. The other teams want to beat the Champion so it makes things very difficult for the Eagles. Don't forget our boyz are just average players
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by ad84ada(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
One thing got me mad though. Super Eagles players toss the ball in the air before trapping it, it gives your opponent time and makes control hard. Why not just trap and pass to the next player. Martins was guilty of it most time.
Plus they should enter kenya only a day to the match.
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by dedons: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
I don hear o

who go help me wit sugar make i pour 4 dis my garri

stomach 1st
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by NOIBMUUL(m): 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Things Keshi should learn;

1. Super Eagles players can fall your hand at any minute.

2. AFCON was won by Nigeria because Oluwa was involved.

3. The Nigerian team had zero tactics in that match... The Kenyans held sway and repelled our attacks like they would flies.. They were taller so why did all our balls keep going up, up and up?!

4. Ahmed Musa is a wasteful Aboki..

Aboki is my friend!!
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by born2boink(m): 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
1. I don't think BIAFRA boys can go beyond nation cup.
2. High time he should use real super eagles as we are playing tougher tournament,kano players and shooting star players are perfoming better if he has to base on local footballers
3. Why Calabar all the time, must he divide nigerians?
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by onila(f): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
born2fuck: 1. I don't think BIAFRA boys can go beyond nation cup.
2. High time he should use real super eagles as we are playing tougher tournament,kano players and shooter stars players are perfoming better if he has to base on local footballers
kiss kiss
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by jidewin(m): 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
grin :DNow this is what i call "somebodytellkeshi"
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Okijajuju1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
born2fuck: 1. I don't think BIAFRA boys can go beyond nation cup.
2. High time he should use real super eagles as we are playing tougher tournament,kano players and shooting star players are perfoming better if he has to base on local footballers

No matter how many times he puts Martins in the starting XI, Emenike will always be better than him...

Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Okijajuju1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
To avoid goals at the Back, and guarantee goals in front Only play the likes of;

Oboagbona
Omeruo
Echiejile
Emenike
Mba
Mikel Obi
Ikechukwu Uche
Kalu Uche
&
Enyeama..

DUMP PLAYERS LIKE:

Taiwo Taye
Martins Obafemi
Juwon Oshaniwa
and their Brothers..

Example: If not for Nnamdi Oduamadi, that other guy called OBAFEMI would have delivered us into the hands of our enemies..

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by born2boink(m): 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
High time you stop this....the like of Telism thunder balogun and Rashidi Yekini cannot be remove from history of Nigeria footballs

Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Okijajuju1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
born2fuck: High time you stop this....the like of Telism thunder balogun and Rashidi Yekini cannot be remove from history of Nigeria footballs

#Keshi should also learn that the last time a Yoruba man scored a goal for Nigeria was in 2009.. #FACT!!!
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by zuchyblink(m): 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
the pitch is bumpy and it is not good for ground ball dat is y they played aeriel ball
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Ninilowo(m): 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
RiKKies: Keshi and his boys should be prepared to trek for 50km to Nairobi.
I though as such buh Nigeria ambassador to Kenya should rise up to the occasion by providing alternative accommodation and means of transportation for Super Eagles should Kenya F.A fail to provide for our dear SE.
Re: Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match by Ninilowo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
ad84ada: One thing got me mad though. Super Eagles players toss the ball in the air before trapping it, it gives your opponent time and makes control hard. Why not just trap and pass to the next player. Martins was guilty of it most time.
Plus they should enter kenya only a day to the match.
All correct sir!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Win Bets Using The Over 1.5 Goals Soccer Trading Strategy / Asisat Oshoala Named The Best Player In Africa By IFFHS / World Cup 2018: Neymar's Performances Are 'Not High Enough' - Brazil Coach, Tite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.