Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome (14808 Views)

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God / Are Burial Ceremonies Bible-Based Or Pagan? / Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by italo: 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
Who is arguing with Ijawkid and Frosbel. It is better you go to a psychiatric home and speak to the people there.

But keep arguing sha, until you discover it yourself.

Just advising.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2013
italo: Who is arguing with Ijawkid and Frosbel. It is better you go to a psychiatric home and speak to the people there.

Just advising.

grin............so you call us crazy for debunking your constant use of images and mouldings in worship??..you call us crazy for reprimanding you guys from worshipping dead pieces of meat??.....you call us crazy for telling you to follow Jesus' foot steps closely??.........

Just let omenuko answer the questions I've asked.......angry.......
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by alexleo(m): 12:47am On Mar 29, 2013
Omenuko:

I see you managed to do the same the shdemidemi did. Scripture does not interpret its self. Please interpret what this means and answer my original question, namely:

So just to be clear...your argument is that Moses and Elijah are not in heaven or rather did not actually meet Jesus. Instead, are dead and have not interaction with anything or anyone (including God). Is that correct?

My dear this issue has been extensively discussed in one thread here. Frosbel, ijawkid, truthislight, plappvile etc. stuck to this stand while we are not in support of their stand. we brought the issue of Lazaus and the rich man they dismissed it by saying its a parable just as they are calling this one you quoted just a vision. And of course they defined vision with dictionary but when it comes to the word forever they wouldnt use dictionary to define it. Now luke 23:43 says, "and Jesus said unto him, verily i say unto thee. today shalt thou be with me in paradise". They will still look for something to dismiss this one. Again here is Revelation 6;9-11. 9When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[e] were killed just as they had been.( at least this shows that the dead in Christ are not in the grave as they want us to believe)
My advice to you on this issue and any other one is to take any issue discussed here to God in prayer for him to convince you on which one is right then hold on to your conviction. Surely, we are all here to learn but we should also be careful not to be carried away by man's misinterpretation or misapplication of the scripture. we all are still humans you know, and are not infallible thats why we should always seek God for conviction. What i usually do is to take things to God in prayer and ask him to give me a divine conviction if whatever teachings i ve heard is true and truly i ve received such convictions on a couple of biblical issues we ve discussed here( either with frosbel, Goshen360 etc) and changed my stand about such issues but as for this particular one I have no conviction that they are right rather i have the conviction that they are not right on this one. Yet i ll suggest you dont call him a false teacher. I believe we are all learning and we will keep learning the scripture till we make heaven.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by shdemidemi(m): 12:50am On Mar 29, 2013
Omenuko:

Thanks...but, posting scripture with no explanation does no one justice. Do you mind interpreting what this means? I'll ask you the same question I posed to frosbel, which is:

Moses and Elijah are definitely not in heaven bro.
Apostle Paul's teachings always revolve around faith, love and hope
This church in thessalonika were standing right in faith and in love but were having problems understanding hope.
Apostle Paul explained why they should endure in there sufferings while on this earth, with an assurance that Christ will come and take the church.

They were concerned about the dead saints. Apostle Paul told them how Christ would raise the sleeping saints before the living saints join them.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

For this reason, I believe there is no one in heaven as we speak.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Moses and Elijah are definitely not in heaven bro.
Apostle Paul's teachings always revolve around faith, love and hope
This church in thessalonika were standing right in faith and in love but were having problems understanding hope.
Apostle Paul explained why they should endure in there sufferings while on this earth, with an assurance that Christ will come and take the church.

They were concerned about the dead saints. Apostle Paul told them how Christ would raise the sleeping saints before the living saints join them.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

For this reason, I believe there is no one in heaven as we speak.

Thanks Bro, besides Jesus would have been contradicting himself when he said :

"No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven." - John 3:13

And to the disciples , which included Peter, John et al, he had this to say :

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3

Come back as underlined means his second coming.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 6:52am On Mar 29, 2013
Besides elijah, and moses were not born agains,so I wonder what they shoud be doing in heaven as at the time when Jesus was on earth......people should learn to read there bibles complete............
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by italo: 8:16am On Mar 29, 2013
With Alexleo too? shocked
italo: Who is arguing with Ijawkid and Frosbel. It is better you go to a psychiatric home and speak to the people there.

Just advising.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
ijawkid: Besides elijah, and moses were not born agains,so I wonder what they shoud be doing in heaven as at the time when Jesus was on earth......people should learn to read there bibles complete............

If Elijah and Moses are not in heaven, where are they? In 2 Kings 2:1-11 it states:

When the Lord was about to take Elijah up to heaven in a whirlwind, Elijah and Elisha were on their way from Gilgal...As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

Does this bible scripture not plainly state that Elijah was taken up to heaven? In addition, it is also believed that Enoch was also taken to heaven, which can be read from Genesis 5:22:

And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters. And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years. And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Although Church tradition holds that Moses is also with God in heaven, which is attested to in Matthew 17:1-9 and from Jewish tradition, there is no explicit scripture that states that God took him. In any event, where did God take Elijah and Enoch, if not heaven?
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
Omenuko:

If Elijah and Moses are not in heaven, where are they? In 2 Kings 2:1-11 it states:

Does this bible scripture not plainly state that Elijah was taken up to heaven? In addition, it is also believed that Enoch was also taken to heaven, which can be read from Genesis 5:22:

Although Church tradition holds that Moses is also with God in heaven, which is attested to in Matthew 17:1-9 and from Jewish tradition, there is no explicit scripture that states that God took him. In any event, where did God take Elijah and Enoch, if not heaven?

if you had read the scriptures well you would have found out that after that taking up into heaven incident elijah still was serving as a prophet and sending messages to his servant....was he sending those messages from the very heavens Jesus descended from??....

when it is said that enoch and elijah were taken up into heaven what you should have asked is"""WHICH HEAVEN.....??

always look at all the points before you establish a fact...Jesus has told us the truth..that when he descended he saw no person who had ascended at anytime into heaven.....
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
ijawkid:

if you had read the scriptures well you would have found out that after that taking up into heaven incident elijah still was serving as a prophet and sending messages to his servant....was he sending those messages from the very heavens Jesus descended from??....

when it is said that enoch and elijah were taken up into heaven what you should have asked is"""WHICH HEAVEN.....??

always look at all the points before you establish a fact...Jesus has told us the truth..that when he descended he saw no person who had ascended at anytime into heaven.....

I'm not sure if you need comprehension skills, but I will ask my question again. Where are they? How did Elijah continue to send messages to his servant after he was taken up to heaven. Are you suggesting that Elijah continued to communicate with the living after God took him?

Further, it seems like you are insinuating that they are in fact in heaven, and seem to suggest that there are multiple heavens. If that's the case, how many heavens are there? And if they are in any one of the heavens and continue to communicate with the living, does this not conflict with your initial argument that they are dead and have no interaction with anything or anyone?
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
Omenuko:

I'm not sure if you need comprehension skills, but I will ask my question again. Where are they? How did Elijah continue to send messages to his servant after he was taken up to heaven. Are you suggesting that Elijah continued to communicate with the living after God took him?

Further, it seems like you are insinuating that they are in fact in heaven, and seem to suggest that there are multiple heavens. If that's the case, how many heavens are there? And if they are in any one of the heavens and continue to communicate with the living, does this not conflict with your initial argument that they are dead and have no interaction with anything or anyone?

It is up to you to go do your research........elijah simply could still send messages because he did not ascend to the heavens Jesus descended from..........Elijah was taken up into the clouds(which is also reffered to as heavens) and relocated to another place on earth.......chikena!!!!!........

Elijah was taken into the clouds and transported to another place on the earth.....Elijah did not go to stay in heaven.......get the point??........that scripture never said elijah was taken into heaven and then stayed there.....

For once try to understand Jesus' words.........

No man has ascended into heaven.........

Jesus was not on ogogoro when he said those words..............
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
2 Kings 2:10-12

New International Version (NIV)

10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to[b] heaven[/b] in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore it in two.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
chukwudi44: 2 Kings 2:10-12

New International Version (NIV)

10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to[b] heaven[/b] in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore it in two.

Read scriptures carefully and with great patience.

Elijah was transported to a different location , he did not go to heaven for as Jesus said :

"No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man." - John 3:13

Now, it is worth noting that neither Elisha nor the people with him thought for a moment that Elijah was in heaven, they were fully aware that he had been relocated.

"15 The company of the prophets from Jericho, who were watching, said, “The spirit of Elijah is resting on Elisha.” And they went to meet him and bowed to the ground before him. 16 “Look,” they said, “we your servants have fifty able men. Let them go and look for your master. Perhaps the Spirit of the Lord has picked him up and set him down on some mountain or in some valley.”

“No,” Elisha replied, “do not send them.”

17 But they persisted until he was too embarrassed to refuse. So he said, “Send them.” And they sent fifty men, who searched for three days but did not find him. 18 When they returned to Elisha, who was staying in Jericho, he said to them, “Didn’t I tell you not to go?” - 2 Kings 2:15-17
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

Elijah was transported to a different location , he did not go to heaven for as Jesus said :

"No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man." - John 3:13

Now, it is worth noting that neither Elisha nor the people with him thought for a moment that Elijah was in heaven, they were fully aware that he had been relocated.

"15 The company of the prophets from Jericho, who were watching, said, “The spirit of Elijah is resting on Elisha.” And they went to meet him and bowed to the ground before him. 16 “Look,” they said, “we your servants have fifty able men. Let them go and look for your master. Perhaps the Spirit of the Lord has picked him up and set him down on some mountain or in some valley.”

17 But they persisted until he was too embarrassed to refuse. So he said, “Send them.” And they sent fifty men, who searched for three days but did not find him. 18 When they returned to Elisha, who was staying in Jericho, he said to them, “Didn’t I tell you not to go?” - 2 Kings 2:15-17

Are you sure you understand english language? Where in that scripture did it indicate Elijah was transported to another eartly location.

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to[b][/b]HEAVEN[b][/b] in a whirlwind.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

Are you sure you understand english language? Where in that scripture did it indicate Elijah was transported to another eartly location.

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to[b][/b]HEAVEN[b][/b] in a whirlwind.

You obviously do not take Jesus's words seriously , for he said :

Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

Where in that verse suggests that elijah lived in heaven??....

Abi them be tie Jesus eye with wrapper so as not to see elijah for heaven before him descend??.....angry......

Let us repeat Jesus" words again from john 3:13...

"No one has ascended into heaven, but He
who descended from heaven: the Son of
Man." - John 3:13
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 12:48am On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel:

Where in scripture does it say Elijah was transported to another place, other then heaven? Scripture doesn't even imply such a thing occurred. Please enlighten me on how you came to this conclusion? Is this understanding from your church's tradition or is it based on the Bible? When I read 2 Kings 2:15-17 alongside Matthew 17:1-9 and 2 Peter 1:16-18 I come to the understanding that Elijah is in heaven. In addition, this understanding matches with the traditional understanding.

The bible clearly states that Elijah was taken to heaven. If you disagree, please show me using scripture why that understanding is wrong.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 12:55am On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Where in that verse suggests that elijah lived in heaven??....

Abi them be tie Jesus eye with wrapper so as not to see elijah for heaven before him descend??.....angry......

Let us repeat Jesus" words again from john 3:13...

"No one has ascended into heaven, but He
who descended from heaven: the Son of
Man." - John 3:13

Guy, I really don't understand your question. Do you mean to say that Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth? If so, show me where scripture says that.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by dokie: 7:16am On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

Guy, I really don't understand your question. Do you mean to say that Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth? If so, show me where scripture says that.
i think italo's advice on frosbel and his likes should be taken seriously, if not you could go nuts. the truth is that these guys are victims of a false prophet's sect. of course they claim to be christian but their fundamental aim is to disprove the traditional and fundamental teachings of christianity like the trinity,the reality of hell fire, baptisim in the name of the father, son and Holy Spirit etc. they are completely lost and their chances of being saved is very slim except you quit arguing with them and pray for them more. satan's grip on thier lives is so strong to the extent that you can hardly find anyone in their congregation that can think for themselves. if not how can people come up with arguments as empty as these guys come up with. they are prepared to argue from now till tmrw relating scriptural interpretations as they have been taught by their false prophet founder and their successors. they are usually told that if they leave that group that they have no chance of being saved as such they are bound in these high control fellowships that is leading them to death. if these guys would be willing to reveal their church,they are either jehovers witness, seventh day adventists, mormons, christadelphians, "bible" students, worldwide church of God etc.

1 Like

Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

Elijah was transported through the clouds(heaven) and taken to another location ...

Are the clouds not also heaven??.....angry.......

What do you call the clouds??.......
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 8:57am On Mar 30, 2013
dokie:
i think italo's advice on frosbel and his likes should be taken seriously, if not you could go nuts. the truth is that these guys are victims of a false prophet's sect. of course they claim to be christian but their fundamental aim is to disprove the traditional and fundamental teachings of christianity like the trinity,the reality of hell fire, baptisim in the name of the father, son and Holy Spirit etc. they are completely lost and their chances of being saved is very slim except you quit arguing with them and pray for them more. satan's grip on thier lives is so strong to the extent that you can hardly find anyone in their congregation that can think for themselves. if not how can people come up with arguments as empty as these guys come up with. they are prepared to argue from now till tmrw relating scriptural interpretations as they have been taught by their false prophet founder and their successors. they are usually told that if they leave that group that they have no chance of being saved as such they are bound in these high control fellowships that is leading them to death. if these guys would be willing to reveal their church,they are either jehovers witness, seventh day adventists, mormons, christadelphians, "bible" students, worldwide church of God etc.

Can't you open your eyes and read the words of Jesus??......are you also going to follow italos words by refuting the words of Jesus who lucidly said that no man has ascended into the heavens??.....we've even brought out facts from the scriptures to show that Elijah was relocated to another position on earth but u guys won't agree...........until you allign your thoughts and beliefs strictly to the scriptures you would be having the same problems as italo and the rest............

Elijah did not go to any heaven if not Jesus for see am before him descend..............

angry...........
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Elijah was transported through the clouds(heaven) and taken to another location ...

Are the clouds not also heaven??.....angry.......

What do you call the clouds??.......

The bible did not say he was taken to the clouds.Besides no where is the clouds referred to as heaven in the bible.Stop twisting the scriptures.This your attempt to twist an explicit bible passage is just too shameful.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Anyigala(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2013
Chei! See what Lurther has caused, anyone with internet access and Bible (depending on which version) think that he has the true interpretation ; that for 2000 yrs Catholic Church has been wrong (Holy Spirit MUST be in coma ).

So many people come on this forum and commit serious sins by what they write , it is better one keep his or her mouth shut when they don't know or not sure of what they are saying. You see, having internet access does not make one a Theologian with deep knowledge of God and Scriptures, you just have internet access simple.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2013
Anyigala: Chei! See what Lurther has caused, anyone with internet access and Bible (depending on which version) think that he has the true interpretation ; that for 2000 yrs Catholic Church has been wrong (Holy Spirit MUST be in coma )

Hinduism and false religion have existed for over 4000 years , should we then assume they are also true paths to the truth, seeing that they have withstood the test of time ?

God has given us the Holy Spirit on an individual level to understand and interpret the bible , we need no apostate mother church and her deceived priests to lead us into precious truths.

So many people come on this forum and commit serious sins by what they write , it is better one keep his or her mouth shut when they don't know or not sure of what they are saying. You see, having internet access does not make one a Theologian with deep knowledge of God and Scriptures, you just have internet access simple.

the spirit of the anti-christ does not want anyone to have a copy of the bible to read and know the true GOD and path to salvation.

Bad news is , there is nothing your church and the anti-christ can do about it.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2013
The Romans obviously do not believe the words of Jesus when he said :

Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 10:01am On Mar 30, 2013
chukwudi44:

The bible did not say he was taken to the clouds.Besides no where is the clouds referred to as heaven in the bible.Stop twisting the scriptures.This your attempt to twist an explicit bible passage is just too shameful.

Read matthew 6:26
reap, nor gather into barns; and
your heavenly Father feedeth
them. Are not ye of much more
value then they?

Darby Bible Translation
Look at the birds of the heaven,
that they sow not, nor reap, nor
gather into granaries, and your
heavenly Father nourishes them.
Are ye not much more excellent
than they?

Simple:::::......elijah was transported through earths atmosphere to another location on the earth...........Elijah did not go to and live in the heavens where Jesus came from......

I just don't know why you guys choose to be stiff necked .........Jesus said no man has ascended into the heavens...can't you for once concur with Jesus' words even though most times its an anthema to you guys??......angry........
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2013
dokie:

Can you explain this short YouTube below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mz9RNfZ12Y
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 10:23am On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel: The Romans obviously do not believe the words of Jesus when he said :

I still don't understand how this quote contradicts the fact that there are saints in heaven. The traditional understanding of this passage (i.e., John 3:13) is that Jesus was the only one who ascended into heaven (under his own power as God). The others (e.g., Enoch, Elijah, Moses, and others), of course, did not go to heaven under their own power. They were assumed into heaven by the power of God. The main difference here is that Jesus ascended into heaven through his own power and others were assumed into heaven by the power of God. Ascension and assumption are two different things. That is the traditional/historic understanding of John 3:13.

For one to accept your interpretation of 2 Kings 2:15-17, one would have to twist scripture to such an extent it would render it useless. I believe there is no traditional interpretations of that passage that is even close to you and yours (i.e., Jehovah's Witness and 7th Day Adventist). This is the first I'm hearing of such unscriptural interpretations of that passage and of the afterlife for those who die in God's favor in general.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 30, 2013

I still don't understand how this quote contradicts the fact that there are saints in heaven. The traditional understanding of this passage (i.e., John 3:13) is that Jesus was the only one who ascended into heaven (under his own power as God). The others (e.g., Enoch, Elijah, Moses, and others), of course, did not go to heaven under their own power. They were assumed into heaven by the power of God. The main difference here is that Jesus ascended into heaven through his own power and others were assumed into heaven by the power of God. Ascension and assumption are two different things. That is the traditional/historic understanding of John 3:13

You have done immense violence to this scripture to support your heresies.

Besides, there is NO MAN who did not DIE.

ALL MEN DIED, and Jesus Christ is the first born from the dead.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 10:32am On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Simple:::::......elijah was transported through earths atmosphere to another location on the earth...........Elijah did not go to and live in the heavens where Jesus came from......

I just don't know why you guys choose to be stiff necked .........Jesus said no man has ascended into the heavens...can't you for once concur with Jesus' words even though most times its an anthema to you guys??......angry........

For you to make such unfounded interpretations as fact, without any evidence is very illogical. The most you can say is that the Bible says 1+1=2, and tradition holds that 4-2=2, therefore I believe (your individual interpretation. Note: I cannot say the Bible states/teaches) x, y, and z. No where in the Bible does it say "Elijah was transported through earths atmosphere to another location on earth." Nor does the Bible state that "Elijah did not go to and live in the heavens where Jesus came from." These are all personal interpretations.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 10:39am On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel: .

You have done immense violence to this scripture to support your heresies.

Besides, there is NO MAN who did not DIE.

ALL MEN DIED, and Jesus Christ is the first born from the dead.

My statement has not been declared heresy by any church. But to believe that saints and others who die in God's favor are dead and have no interaction with God, is in fact heresy by all christian churches. You do right to say Jesus Christ is the first born from the dead.

If you too believe as ijawkid that Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth, please show me where scripture states as such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onaiyekan Hands Over To Ignatius Kaigama As Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja / What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? / Only A Fool Says There Is No God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.