Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari (31278 Views)

Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos) / Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? / 10 Signs The Man Wooing You Has Another Woman/ May Be Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by msmon(m): 11:56am On May 13, 2015

THE wife of Nigeria’s President-elect, Aisha
Buhari, has said that no girl should be married before age 17.

According to online reports Aisha stated this
while speaking to Channels TV at the sideline of
the Global Women Conference held in Buenos
Aires, Argentina.

She reportedly said: “We have heard so much
from the Ministers of Women affairs from
different countries.

“We are trying to tally it with what is happening
in Nigeria, to find out how we are lacking and in
which aspect of women affairs that we are lacking
and the ones that we have gone ahead. I think, so
far, it is quite encouraging.

“We just need to put everything in practice than
being in theory. If the government can stand up
and say every girl child must attend basic
primary and secondary school education before
getting married.

“I think nobody, no girl should be married before
the age of 17 because if you really attend
secondary school, you will have to be like 16 and
17 and I think by the time you are 18- 20, its
quite a moderate time of having a child.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/05/no-girl-married-17-aisha-buhari/
Cc: lalasticlala

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by msmon(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2015
You have a lot of JOB to do in the north!

173 Likes 14 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by asumo12: 12:00pm On May 13, 2015
smiley

msmon:
You have a lot of job to do in the north!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by irunoko(m): 12:01pm On May 13, 2015
You and the sharia pedos will have a lot of battles to fight grin

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by stinggy(m): 12:03pm On May 13, 2015
Aisha please sound it loud to Yerima's ears.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Mogidi: 12:03pm On May 13, 2015
I guess no one told you that when you married Buhari, please try telling that to Yerima, don't forget to tell us his answer.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1469318_972251_10151521159951977_1632356528_n_jpg07fc3145133eae62c29c91fa1dc34392

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
"Charity begins at home."
First stop it in the North where you belong.
Only then may others listen to you.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by shachris02: 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
is she castigating her religion?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Whizpeter(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
After she already got married at the age of 12 abi

And I'm planning to marry Zainab who is 14 years old.... embarassed embarassed

God if this woman says that my water would not boil, Let they not sell matches in her area... cheesy

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by okpurukata(f): 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
A victim is speaking

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by generaluthman: 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
Noted
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by beek: 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
pls sound it loud and clear to all those pedophiles and cradle thief's who parade themselves as senators of the federal republic

2 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by babatawa(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
Nomore teenage Obo fun Awon Abokie cheesy

issokay...

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
grin

4 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by chezholy(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
okay

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by kindnyce(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2015
Sure,BUT START AT THE HOME FRONT,
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

3 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Blurry: 12:05pm On May 13, 2015
Madam....Your religion, Your Culture and everything about you allows marriage before the mentioned age.

Ngwa address those key components first and stop the irrelevant oratory.

6 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by goshen26: 12:05pm On May 13, 2015
Haaaaaaaa.....le nu e. Go to Zamfara n c

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by kay29000(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2015
Hmm! She is making a lot of sense. In essence, let the girls at least finish secondary school before you marry them. This will be tough to implement though. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by obailala(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2015
Why not 18?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by channelz: 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
Aisha is saying NO to child-marriage. Others should do likewise irrespective of religious inclination!
Superego:
A Must read: My Thoughts on Child Marriage

Who is a child?

The day I hit puberty, I stopped being a child
javalove post=3139617:
Salam Alykun. I still don't get the meaning of this "child thing" No one would give out a woman who has not started her menses out in marriage. Some girls start their period at age 14 or 15 years. Can girls who fall into this category be called "child (ren|)"

Allah knows best.
SEE A RESPONSE FROM A FEMALE:
("Have you given any thought to the mental capacity of the girl? You think because a girl has her menses she is automatically capable of being a mother?..."- Lady2)
RoyPCain:

[quote author=Ifeann post=32610768]Did Mohammed sleep with a child, 9 year old Aisha? YES/NO
my answer; neither because Aisha [RA] in all qualification, rights of maturity and adulthood and privileges of a woman and wife, was not a child. age they say is but a number. i am sure you will be a child to me. seriously.
SEE DETAILS.
Em.piree:
Which is fair, a teenage girl impregnated by unknown boyfriend, assailant?. Or a married or supposed married teenage girl who get pregnant?. Obviously the later knows her boyfriend's family and she's secured. What about the former?

As for Yerima, he followed his desires. Simple. A teenage girl should marry her contemporary.
RoyPCain:

if females became marriageable by showing signs of puberty at 6, 7 or whatever age, do we blame the people getting married younger than our time now, over 14 centuries scientific and human advancement advantage?

the 14 centuries back is not today in the sense that that was the norm then and the women matured faster and people died younger. the condition in the life of shettima was constitution of nigeria that set up a minimum age for marriage. sharia is a location applicable in as long as it does not go against the fundamental of Islam, the variables are not in dispute.

i am not ashamed of anything Muhammad [SA] did.
drake2005:
Lets stop all the hate and insolence directed at Sen. Yerima. His intent might sound pedophilic, however, he makes a strong legal argument in the interview. Did you guys watch the video clearly? I want us to approach this debate sensibly, intelligently and factually. The man said he is following the teachings and religion of Islam. That, if Islam forbade such or if the Quran says otherwise, he will back out. Now, here is where it gets tricky, Nigerian constitution guarantees the practice of Islam in Nigeria; in order words, what he is doing is legal and within the confines of the law. Do I support this; No. I'm only interpreting the facts... Have the Imams spoken in droves against him? No.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Kentrasso(f): 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
Nice one.
For this thing that she has said, my likeness for her has gone from 5% to 7%
Thank you

P.S 18years old would have taken it to 8%

5 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by olasha1(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
nice course to start with by a reasonable first lady unlike d former minister of entertainment aka madam she popo

Nigeria must be good

3 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
Madam please shaaaaraaaaap! If you mean what you say, then ask your husband to jail Yerima and all those northern alhajis who have young girls in their custody in the name of marraige!

5 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by naijainfogalery: 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
heheheheheh start from the North first, they catch them young grin
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by saasala(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
The first lady with panache and elegance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by obailala(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
Mogidi:
I guess no one told you that when you married Buhari? Try telling that to Yerima see if he agrees with you.
okpurukata:
A victim is speaking
...and who told you she married b4 17?

5 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by ilduce(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
Pray this is not just a pipe dream... hmmm,my nothern brothers with their passion for the unrip fruits.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman's Husband And Lover Fight Over Paternity Of Her Baby, She Absconds (Pic) / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? / I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.