Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,236 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing (799 Views)

She's A Grandmother -- At Age 23! / Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? / Overbearing Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
My fellow nairalanders in the mature family section has anyone had an issues with the topic especially the women. Cos my wife keeps having issues with her mom on how to take care of our child. According to my wife her mom wants to tell her what to do and expects her to comply. This issue is actually putting a big strain on their relationship. So pls advise how can this be sorted out? As a guy I don't want to get involved in the issue but at least I just try to calm down my wife and tell her not to say something she will regret. Let share experiences and best practices for dealing with issues like this.
Re: Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 03, 2013
My nairaland people waiting for your contributions o. I really want to learn from your experiences and wisdom. Thanks.
Re: Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
Is her mother living you?
Re: Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
No she doesn't live with us.Thanks for dropping by.
Re: Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
Then, tell your wife to simply answer ok to her ideas and do what she pleases with her child since they are separated by distance.Its easier for her to pretend she agrees than outrightly rejecting her ideas.
Re: Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
[quote author=byvan]Then, tell your wife to simply answer ok to her ideas and do what she pleases with her child since they are separated by distance.Its easier for her to pretend she agrees than outrightly rejecting her ideas
Yes smart way of dealing with it. But what happens when they visit each other? Cos the last issue happened when my wife spent a couple of days with her.
Re: Can A Grandmother's Love Be Overbearing by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
The elderly should be followed with wisdom,most of them believe they know it all.its hard to let them know that their retrogressive methods doesn't work anymore.i always use this line "His doctor said it should be this way",at this point any reasonable mother should know to back off.

(1) (Reply)

(photo) The Love Of A Parent / Is This The Funniest Birhtday Shout-out Ever ,to A Brother? / How Best To Manage More Than One Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.