Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) (52178 Views)

Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" / University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by yanyan(m): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2013
sadzoologiocal garden have relly change,it was like they just renovated the place and i can see like two new animals..well its long time 've been to the zoo..i will be there this year by God grace..thanks for the grat job.. ;Dzoologiocal garden have relly change,it was like they just renovated the place and i can see like two new animals..well its long time 've been to the zoo..i will be there this year by God grace..thanks for the grat job..
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by freezzz: 7:54am On Apr 23, 2013
@ op [size=8pt][size=8pt]Where is my AJOKE the Giraffe!!!!![/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by justokey(m): 7:55am On Apr 23, 2013
Thanks Op, you have brought back good old memories... Now i think i should take my boys to see UI and the Zoo. Back to the roots!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by kabba7(m): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Great job there ! I however has a very disturbing question how come there are no people inside any of the cages hope the University is not telling Nigerians some folks don't deserve to be in its zoo
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by dom(m): 8:10am On Apr 23, 2013
one sunday around 1992 or so a man dressed in white garment and carrying a bible was loitering in the zoo premises. When the attendants weren't looking he climbed into the lion's den and started shouting prayers,quoting the bible and commanding the lion to obey him like Daniel was obeyed. The lion initially was taken aback at the sudden intrusion by a stranger. But eventually realising that it is a lion, the king of the jungle, it pounced on the man, promptly flattened him and killed him with a bite or two at strategic parts of the body. Would i say luckily, the lion had eaten earlier So it didnt eat his flesh. This story was widely reported in newspapers then, particularly the National Concord and the gist continued spreading on campus up till 1997 when I entered U.I. Greatest Tedderites!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Lilimax(f): 8:15am On Apr 23, 2013
Eko Atlantic: We've got a zoologist as the president, this is where he should be.
Does human being stay in the Zoo . Show some respect to our President angry. You are not too far from your retarded comment.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by simplygreat(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2013
this is really wonderful to behold..great work ibadan
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by PastorKun(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2013
dom: one sunday around 1992 or so a man dressed in white garment and carrying a bible was loitering in the zoo premises. When the attendants weren't looking he climbed into the lion's den and started shouting prayers,quoting the bible and commanding the lion to obey him like Daniel was obeyed. The lion initially was taken aback at the sudden intrusion by a stranger. But eventually realising that it is a lion, the king of the jungle, it pounced on the man, promptly flattened him and killed him with a bite or two at strategic parts of the body. Would i say luckily, the lion had eaten earlier So it didnt eat his flesh. This story was widely reported in newspapers then, particularly the National Concord and the gist continued spreading on campus up till 1997 when I entered U.I. Greatest Tedderites!!!

Hehehehehe i remember this story i was in UI then. The gist we heard then was that the man was about to start his own church so he wanted to do publicity stunt to gain popularity and pull a crowd to his intended church. Unfortunately for him things didn't go as planned.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by deHitchcock(f): 8:54am On Apr 23, 2013
Please why r those animals caged in there?how did they get there?oh pity,poor animals with no animal rights*sad*
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by brosdoncome(m): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2013
visita:

Lol...how can that be? Last year i went there i saw a pride, consisting of a full grown lion, which was rumoured to be around 17-20 years of age, and two lionesses, with one nursing about 4 cubs as at then...maybe you didn't look well

Can u please hear urself? Last and last month, are they the same? its so obvious u are d Steven Wonder in naija no one knows about cheesy cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by taharqa: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2013
Nice Pixs @OP...
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by brosdoncome(m): 9:19am On Apr 23, 2013
heywhyho:
U are d one lying here, U av not been to UI zoo for awhile, they have a lion pride there.

Can we put a bet on diz? Go there now and c...was disappointed though bcuz I went there to c lion(s) and not a creature that looks alien @ sight sad
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 23, 2013
IT IS SO, SO UNFAIR KEEPING ANIMALS IN CAGES!

ITS INHUMANITY TO ANIMALS!

THE SCHOOL CAN AFFORD TO CREATE A NATURAL HABITAT LIKE PARK OR GAME RANGE BIG ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM A FEEL OF THE JUNGLE WHERE THEY BELONG.

ZOOS SHOULD BE OUTLAWED! angry angry

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2013
Those animals should be in game reserves or something...and if you won't watch them on NatGeo, well forget it.

Those pictures are quite frankly disturbing. Cages, metals, concrete, glass, walls and wires angry.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Guk: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2013
Amazing they have kept the place to that standard with Gate fee of =N=100/=N=200. Congrats & Kudos to UI Zoo authorities, your Oga @ the top PHD Zoology will be proud of u smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Sike(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2013
Yeah.. I remembered this zoo too. So awesome! Greatest Uite!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Moshkom(m): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2013
4) Festival Period #50
5) Veiwing it on Nairaland here is How much?

9c Job Done @OP
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by mokeju(f): 11:37am On Apr 23, 2013
i dont think i need to get to ibadan to see a zoo... NAiraland just did.. thanks poster..

Do we have any zoo in lagos?
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Synthase(m): 11:49am On Apr 23, 2013
brosdoncome:

Can u please hear urself? Last and last month, are they the same? its so obvious u are d Steven Wonder in naija no one knows about cheesy cheesy
shut up pluuuease!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by domido(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
YEAH I REMEMBER IMADE BACK THEN WHEN I WAS IN PRIMARY SCHOOL...WE WENT ON AN ESCURSION TO U.I ZOO. WAS FUN.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by bealuv(f): 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
brosdoncome:

hey take it easy on urself and odaz ....i am currently a student n i can tel yhu dat UI zoological garden has lions...since i dont talk much....daz all 4now

#greatest uites#
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Creamish(f): 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
The last time i visited in the 90s, it wasnt this good . . . The elephant was dead and the Lioness was injured. The lion still looked good. There were quite a number of chimps n gorillaz tho . . We clapped, they danced and threw shi*t at us . . lolz

Now, the place looks alot betta. smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by visita: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
dom: one sunday around 1992 or so a man dressed in white garment and carrying a bible was loitering in the zoo premises. When the attendants weren't looking he climbed into the lion's den and started shouting prayers,quoting the bible and commanding the lion to obey him like Daniel was obeyed. The lion initially was taken aback at the sudden intrusion by a stranger. But eventually realising that it is a lion, the king of the jungle, it pounced on the man, promptly flattened him and killed him with a bite or two at strategic parts of the body. Would i say luckily, the lion had eaten earlier So it didnt eat his flesh. This story was widely reported in newspapers then, particularly the National Concord and the gist continued spreading on campus up till 1997 when I entered U.I. Greatest Tedderites!!!

Of the greatest of the greatest of the greatest zikites!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by visita: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
bealuv:
hey take it easy on urself and odaz ....i am currently a student n i can tel yhu dat UI zoological garden has lions...since i dont talk much....daz all 4now

#greatest uites#

Thank you very much...please tell him at least he'll know better than to argue with a current ui student
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
Guk: Amazing they have kept the place to that standard with Gate fee of =N=100/=N=200. Congrats & Kudos to UI Zoo authorities, your Oga @ the top PHD Zoology will be proud of u smiley

That cheap, waoh!
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by visita: 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
brosdoncome:

What's wrong with you? Must you throw insults because ure trying to make a point? Every other person here knows there are more lions in that garden and even a uite has confirmed it....i think you're the not yet discovered Steve Wonder here
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by PastorKun(m): 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
bealuv:

#greatest uites#

I can also confirm that the last time I visited UI Zoo sometime last year, there were at least six fully grown lions up from four I saw the previous year.
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by bealuv(f): 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I can also confirm that the last time I visited UI Zoo sometime last year, there were at least six fully grown lions up from four I saw the previous year.
God bless you sir....

i am very sure the zoo that guy visited wasnt d University of Ibadan Zoo...it was probably in his dreams or sumfin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by tosomaju(m): 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
bealuv:

#greatest uites#
I was @d zoo last Saturday, i counted not less than 8lions and lioness.
Hi bealuv, remember me? A fellow uite-nairalander
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by DisGuy: 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
greateros: IT IS SO, SO UNFAIR KEEPING ANIMALS IN CAGES!

ITS INHUMANITY TO ANIMALS!

THE SCHOOL CAN AFFORD
TO CREATE A NATURAL HABITAT LIKE PARK OR GAME RANGE BIG ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM A FEEL OF THE JUNGLE WHERE THEY BELONG.

ZOOS SHOULD BE OUTLAWED! angry angry

the school cant provide running water, you think they can afford to recreate their natural habitat?

funny enough if they rally round all the international wildlife charities they will be able to come up with some cool cash and even get animals donated
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by zezski(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
imagine my life, i was in U.I for six years, walked in front of d zoo almost everyday in year one but never entered d zoo. This is lovely! Next time am in IB it is a must to be there. This are the kind of things that shd be on the front page, not Religious bigoty or womanly issues. Thanks man
Re: University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
amanikondo: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1046076_56_1364761645582_o_jpg46d05dea59a3867e5c84bc90b81cf5de
[size=13pt]
The picture is not clear enough. Can you go in to take a better one?[/size]

AH! Dis guy u don't have heart OH! After all what dis lady has done 4 you. Guy you Dey vex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilag Pg 2019 Thread / List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days / Notice: ABU Zaria 2016/2017 Admission Screening Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.