Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? (6119 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by anayonduba(m): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2013
The bible saays... HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS IS BUT FOOLISHNESS ONLY TO THOSE WHO WILL PERISH. TO THE ATHEIST, CONTINUE IN YOUR SELF INFLICTED LIMBO, U WANT GOD TO BREAK THE SKY AND COME DOWN FOR YOU TO BELIEVE, UR WAIT IS LONG AND I DONT ENVY U AT ALL... TO THE ISLAMIST, WHETHER YOU RESPECT AS A PROPHET OR GOD, MY JOY IS THAT YOU STILL BELIEVE HE WILL BE THE ONE TO COME BACK TO JUDGE THE WORLD, THE IF I WERE U I WOULD ASK MY SELF WHY IS NOT MOHAMMED(saw). I DOUBT ONCE ONLY WHEN MY EYES WAS BLIND WITH UNBELIEF. AND FOR CHRIST PEOPLE, MAKE SURE YOU LIVE IN LOVE. EXPECT MORE FROM ME AND OW I WISH I CAN BE DIRECTED TO HOW I CAN POST ARTICLES, WOULD HAVE SHOWN U GUYS STUFFS, LIKE THE MALTREATMENT AND KILLINGS OF CHRISTIANS AND SOUTHERNERS GOING ON IN THE NORTH.

5 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 29, 2013
WELL ONE THING I KNOW, THAT ALWAYS STRIKE MY MIND IS THAT HE TOOK MY PLACE ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY...BORNE MY GRIEFS AND CARRIED MY SORROWS.....WOUNDED FOR MY TRANGRESSIONS,BRUISED FOR MY INIQUITIES AND BEARING UPON HIMSELF THE CHASTISEMENT FOR MY PEACE WHILE HEALING ME THROUGH THE BLOOD THAT FLOWED FROM HIS STRIPES...
IT GOT TO A POINT OUR HEAVENLY FATHER TURNED HIS FACE AWAY COS HE COULD'NT BEHOLD OUR SINS UPON HIM,HE COULD'NT BEHOLD HIS SON UNDERGOING SO MUCH SUFFERING AND AGONY AND HE CRIED...BUT ONE THING THAT STRIKES ME ALSO IS THAT EVEN THOUGH HE CRIED,HE KNEW THE FATHER WAS WITH HIM AS ALWAYS,BECAUSE HE WAS ALWAYS DOING THE THINGS THAT PLEASES HIM,SETTING A PATTERN FOR US TO FOLLOW...AND WE ON EARTH ARE NEVER ALONE NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES AS LONG AS WE ARE DOING THE THINGS THAT PLEASES HIM. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

3 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by chaloner(m): 9:45am On Mar 29, 2013
I love my sweet Jesus so much
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by MORNDEW(m): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2013
His eexamples which our religious leaders hv failed 2 emulate.

1 Like

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 29, 2013
How merciful he is........... He died 4 us, even while we wia still sinners...... O hw awesome u are lord....
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by usoeva: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2013
His sincere love...
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by paranorman(m): 9:56am On Mar 29, 2013
I just love the way He uses analogy to portray His messages via his parables... He's the greatest analogist; He's Jesus Christ! Glory be to God for such wonderful gift!
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by ibrutex(m): 10:00am On Mar 29, 2013
human being insulted God saying ''He begoten a child'' ......its not proper for God to take someone as a child and moreover why do we reproduce? living things reproduce to have someone to inherit ones wealth and to retain one's name after the person is dead. kings look for hare to ascend their thrown after thier death. now this is my question........ why would God have a child? He can never die......no one will retain His thrown. Here is another point , when human give birth to human ,dog give birth to dog, lion give birth to lion. what would God give birth to ?....... pls think ! JESUS is a mortal like everyone of us, GOD created him from a single body yes that is true but what do you think about Adam, who He moulded with His own hand without a father and mother and he breathed His spirit to him.......... pls think! Jesus has never been crucified as claimed by the jews and christians, JESUS is among the top 5 prophets that God raised to high esteem ,his dissapearance was not clear to human but He was not crucified. JESUS believed in oneness and not trinity just like his brothers moses,david and muhammed. They were given different books which testified to God oneness and same believe.....Pls think .To be continue......

1 Like

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by searchcorp(m): 10:07am On Mar 29, 2013
The audacity, I woke up today with just three words on my lips "I am he" he said that and the whole temple servants dropped as though they were dead. Mehn, my Jesus is so awesome, but yet when he thought of the cross and prayed about it, sweats drop from him as great drops of blood. He did that for me, he saw a perfect church in his mind and that was enough for him to go through all the mockery and torture. He divided history into 2. BC and AD. What a man! I love you Jesus and even so now, come Lord Jesus!
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by SurvBamz(f): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2013
That, it would be a GREAT LOSS to miss Heaven after this earthly soujourn
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by searchcorp(m): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=19pt]THE HOLY QUR'AN THOUGHT ME TO LOVE HIM, RESPECT HIM, BELIEVE HIM.
OUR PROPHET (ISA) -JESUS- IS COMING AGAIN.
[/size]

Why is it your prophet isa that is coming again, why not your prophet mohammed,i once heard a Muslim say the anti Christ would come, I asked why not the anti mohammed? You see, you can't promote the truth of God in your own falsehood.

Xtians are not allowed to comment in the Islamic forum on nairaland and that makes me wonder why they are allowed to comment here.

1 Like

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by javadoctor(m): 10:24am On Mar 29, 2013
I saw d movie," the passion of christ" never been so touched,jesus died a youth @33,it wuz a sacrifice of love.but the task wasn't easy.I tried to imagine a 6inch nail piercing my hands to a board.nailing ur hips,and foot,after been brutally beaten.thorns on the head.cuts en all.its enough to have a heartache or die,but he stayed til the end.died in the evening. But he's coming back for us,agape love (john 3:16)

2 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by ibrutex(m): 10:27am On Mar 29, 2013
searchcorp:

Why is it your prophet isa that is coming again, why not your prophet mohammed,i once heard a Muslim say the anti Christ would come, I asked why not the anti mohammed? You see, you can't promote the truth of God in your own falsehood.

Xtians are not allowed to comment in the Islamic forum on nairaland and that makes me wonder why they are allowed to comment here.
coz muhammed has completed his mission no need to come back, but you guyz never give him 'JESUS' chance to complete his mission and to correct atrocities you comitted with his name.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by igbeke: 10:30am On Mar 29, 2013
Monichilly: A day when christians avoid to eat red meat
who told u?
dat is a lie from d pit of hell.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by felix124(m): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2013
His uncommon love, rom 8:4, "Even while we were yet sinners, christ died for us". Jesus i thank u 4 ur love upon my life n give me d grace to live holy n 2 serve u 4d rest of my life, Amen.

1 Like

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by rcb34: 10:33am On Mar 29, 2013
searchcorp:

please read his write up again, and make meaning from what he said, "the holy qu-ran thought him (isa) jesus is coming again and he beliefs in christ jesus", I dnt knw why u act like an extremist,here is a true muslim telling you the truth bt listen to ur reply.

1 Like

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by segebase(m): 10:37am On Mar 29, 2013
great063: Today(29-03-2013)is Good Friday.On this day over two thousand years back,the man Jesus was crucified on a cross at Golgotha(the place of the skull)outside the gates of Jerusalem.As a believer,what striking thoughts about Jesus come to your mind when you consider the sacrifice He made and the price He paid for your salvation?...feel unhindered to share these thoughts.

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by felix124(m): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]His uncommon love, rom 8:4, "Even while we were yet sinners christ died for us". I thank God 4 His love upon my life n i pray 4 His grace 2 live a holy life n 2 serve Him 4d rest of my life, Amen!
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by tooblessed: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2013
Jesus is the ONLY Way, the Truth and the Life. This was d greatest demonstration of Love for me. I love Him too. He will definitely come back some day. Just get ready for this. Of course your heart tells you the truth, believe it.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Bluediamond1(f): 11:06am On Mar 29, 2013
Evry thot of Christ is stiking,from d manger 2 his death 2 d ressurrection.behold, brethrens,it is neither a day for celebration nor merriment but a day of sober reflection,a day 2 retrace our step n come back 2 d savior.It is not a day 2 jump from club 2 club or from one concert 2 d other or evn from one eatery 2 another.
Let's be wise n understand d reason for d season.
May God grant us divine understanding of d season.Amen
Shalom.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by kalunomics(m): 11:14am On Mar 29, 2013
ibrutex: human being insulted God saying ''He begoten a child'' ......its not proper for God to take someone as a child and moreover why do we reproduce? living things reproduce to have someone to inherit ones wealth and to retain one's name after the person is dead. kings look for hare to ascend their thrown after thier death. now this is my question........ why would God have a child? He can never die......no one will retain His thrown. Here is another point , when human give birth to human ,dog give birth to dog, lion give birth to lion. what would God give birth to ?....... pls think ! JESUS is a mortal like everyone of us, GOD created him from a single body yes that is true but what do you think about Adam, who He moulded with His own hand without a father and mother and he breathed His spirit to him.......... pls think! Jesus has never been crucified as claimed by the jews and christians, JESUS is among the top 5 prophets that God raised to high esteem ,his dissapearance was not clear to human but He was not crucified. JESUS believed in oneness and not trinity just like his brothers moses,david and muhammed. They were given different books which testified to God oneness and same believe.....Pls think .To be continue......
there's no limit to what you can see on nairaland.
I'm not surprised cuz i once visited a psychiatric home and found one of them accessing nairaland with phone.lol...
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by kalunomics(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2013
Lord Jesus, please help me improve my spiritual life cuz i feel i'm losing it. Imagine that i couldn't even go for easter confession, no penance and fasting thru out the lenten period. I can't receive your body, Lord, on the day you resurrected. Please forgive all my sins and draw me close to you all the rest of my sojourn here on earth!
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Smooyis(m): 11:40am On Mar 29, 2013
I just want to say a Big Thank U Jesus!
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Orikinla(m): 11:58am On Mar 29, 2013
His ultimate sacrifice is His Ultimate victory.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by ouigy99(m): 11:59am On Mar 29, 2013
great063: Today(29-03-2013)is Good Friday.On this day over two thousand years back,the man Jesus was crucified on a cross at Golgotha(the place of the skull)outside the gates of Jerusalem.As a believer,what striking thoughts about Jesus come to your mind when you consider the sacrifice He made and the price He paid for your salvation?...feel unhindered to share these thoughts.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by ouigy99(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
Personally, I feel it shouldn't be celebrated the way we do. Yes Jesus died for our sins. But we should also remember that we humans put ourselves into judgement for "murdering" Him. I call it murder cus all those who called for His death n mocked Him as he was crucified wouldn't sit at the "right hand of God" for killing the saviour who was sent to salvage us. As we celebrate today, all those still sinning (including me) still crucifies Him. Its not about the rice n parties, its a time to reflect on ones life n try to ammend in areas where you fall short.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Trypant(f): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
Without Him, i would not have been born!
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by konami001: 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
De********************sion!
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Chimerase(m): 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
mejai: Makin water to alcohol. Dat miracle too much oooo.
wine nt alcohol OLODO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Mohammed: Men Hospitalized For Drinking Camel Urine / Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? / King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.