Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? (6115 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by great063(m): 12:54am On Mar 29, 2013
Today(29-03-2013)is Good Friday.On this day over two thousand years back,the man Jesus was crucified on a cross at Golgotha(the place of the skull)outside the gates of Jerusalem.As a believer,what striking thoughts about Jesus come to your mind when you consider the sacrifice He made and the price He paid for your salvation?...feel unhindered to share these thoughts.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by danieljude: 1:05am On Mar 29, 2013
Yeah,good friday is here again,d day jesus christ of nazareth gave his lyf 4 u and i 4 eternal lyf.d day he took d burden and sins of d world 2 crucify on d cross of calvary.a day of sobber and reflection.

3 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 29, 2013
DAMN HEATHENS, GOING INTO THE WAYS OF THE GENTILES
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by funmeme(f): 9:04am On Mar 29, 2013
HE did it just for me...
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by sunnyp1(m): 9:04am On Mar 29, 2013
coolAbeg make bros J come
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Monichilly(f): 9:05am On Mar 29, 2013
A day when christians avoid to eat red meat
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 29, 2013
The striking thoughts are still on his mind. those blows and beatings, chai.. no wonder im never come back since.. 2000 years and counting.. grin

@OP: one of the greatest religious stories.. very powerful.. a creator dying for his created.. cry
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by greatgod2012(f): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2013
The striking thought of Jesus that is always on my mind is how selfless this Jesus Christ is..........dying a very painful death for our salvation, not minding the pains.......hhhhmmm, Jesus, i thank you o.

2 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2013
obadiah777: DAMN HEATHENS, GOING INTO THE WAYS OF THE GENTILES
OBAZUGEE 1 of ISRAEL.. i see you. put some sense into these pagans.. grin
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 29, 2013
musKeeto: The striking thoughts are still on his mind. those blows and beatings, chai.. no wonder im never come back since.. 2000 years and counting.. grin

@OP: one of the greatest religious stories.. very powerful.. a creator dying for his created.. cry
SMDH
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Idenyijoshua(m): 9:11am On Mar 29, 2013
Can't imagine that a man after all those suffering would still chose to come back again for the very same pple who had him crucified

2 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by baynix(m): 9:11am On Mar 29, 2013
Pls When Is "Better Friday"??

1 Like

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 29, 2013
musKeeto:
OBAZUGEE 1 of ISRAEL.. i see you. put some sense into these pagans.. grin
I HAVE TRIED BROTHER MUSKEETO. THESE PAGANS ARE TOO FAR GONE FOR REMEDY. THEY LIKE WORSHIPPING THEIR LILLY WHITE CAUCASIAN SKY DADDY AND HIS NUMEROUS HO LIDAYS undecided THESE HEATHENS ARE CRAZY
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Gombs(m): 9:11am On Mar 29, 2013
How he could love the world so much dat he went tru such pain n shame...dat means he took us seriously, n we should take him serious too

Also, he knew we cud (wud,shd) do much more dan he did if he went to the cross...hence christianity. That's why Christianity is NOT a religion, its abt how man is able to partake in divinity by reason of Jesus' death, burial and glorious resurrection.

He was (is) not a religious leader nor martyr..he is God's word made flesh, who brought us the God life. That's what my Jesus did for me on calvary cross.

#Glory

12 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by cedrix(m): 9:12am On Mar 29, 2013
[i][/i]mehn, dose nails passing thru his already weak n weary skin of his hands n feet...its quite terrible for a fit human to undergo such talk more the already beaten n weak Christ...lord do have mercy
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 29, 2013
Idenyijoshua: Can't imagine that a man after all those suffering would still chose to come back again for the very same pple who had him crucified
BUT YOU DO ERR. HE IS COMING BACK FOR REVENGE. IN FACT SCRIPTURE SAYS HE IS DYING TO COME BACK AND START CUTTING SOME HEADS BUT HE IS BEING WITHHELD BY THE FATHER TO CALM DOWN AS TO A TIME PERIOD APPOINTED FOR MAN TO RULE HIMSELF IS OVER. HE IS DYING FOR REVENGE
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Sweetapple007(f): 9:15am On Mar 29, 2013
ebamma: Abeg make una help me answer this question, Those guys that were selling wares at the temple of God before being evicted by Jesus Christ, were the igbo jews?
they re nigerian jews
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Gfrey6(m): 9:16am On Mar 29, 2013
Christ i long to be
like you, but i cannot
I can only try.

1 Like

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by mejai(m): 9:19am On Mar 29, 2013
Makin water to alcohol. Dat miracle too much oooo.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Sweetapple007(f): 9:19am On Mar 29, 2013
Idenyijoshua: Can't imagine that a man after all those suffering would still chose to come back again for the very same pple who had him crucified
that is love
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by mejai(m): 9:20am On Mar 29, 2013
We gonna drink to infinty, den comes d tym for sober reflection.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Rich4god(m): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2013
Every part of the passion is a striking point to me... But the words of Christ that I can never forget is when He said to the women of jeruselem; ...If they *complain* when the wood is green, then what would they say/do when the wood is dry.

2 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by ELgordo(m): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2013
HMMMM! Interesting topic . . . Y'all should give your Lives to Jesus Christ. . . . Son of God Almighty, the Ruler of the Heavens and Earth. . . The same God whom Moses prayed to and Led the Children of Israel from the Kingdom of Egypt is the SAME GOD we pray to today! Jesus Christ is returning soon and since we the humans of God choose to Defy the words of God Himself and His Teachings and Morals we HAVE TO turn to him today, He is the only one that saves. . . . No one else can do that today

3 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by omaigala(m): 9:23am On Mar 29, 2013
His only crime was LOVE.

1 Like

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by babadey(m): 9:24am On Mar 29, 2013
obadiah777: I HAVE TRIED BROTHER MUSKEETO. THESE PAGANS ARE TOO FAR GONE FOR REMEDY. THEY LIKE WORSHIPPING THEIR LILLY WHITE CAUCASIAN SKY DADDY AND HIS NUMEROUS HO LIDAYS undecided THESE HEATHENS ARE CRAZY

Come to think of it,he is given a WHOLE day as a remembrance and your so called religion of gods is not given 10 seconds.

My prince of peace.
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Chinwem(f): 9:24am On Mar 29, 2013
Isaiah 53
My devoted servant with whom I am well pleased
Will bear the punishment of many
And for His sake I will forgive them

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus

3 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2013
baba dey:

Come to think of it,he is given a WHOLE day as a remembrance and your so called religion of gods is not given 10 seconds.

My prince of peace.
LISTEN HERE YOU PUGNACIOUS HEATHEN, WHO TOLD YOU GOOD FRIDAY HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LORD ?
Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Tinkybabe(f): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2013
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends".john 15:13
"He demonstrated his love for us in that while we were yet sinners, He died for us". Rm 5:8

He loved and still loves me!

3 Likes

Re: What Striking Thought Of Jesus Is On Your Mind This Good Friday? by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2013
"For Ye Shall Know The Truth, And The Truth Shall Set You Free!" - Jesus, the founder of Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / No Fear ( Hebrews 10:26 ) - Joseph Prince / Post Your Religious Jokes Here (Let's Unwind)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.