Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1505091 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fishfarming101: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good day all,
please I currently need fish pond to rent in Edo state preferably in Benin city. Anybody with useful guide should please assist.
fishfarming101@gmail.com is my email address (09096908600). Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hello everyone.. I ventured into the hatching biz early last month and sold my fingerlings recently @ a very ridiculous price N3.50k. It was a hug problem getting market for my fingerlings and their growth were very Okay.

I don't know if anyone in the house could be of help.. My location is Ijebu ode.. And my whatsapp contact is : 08121305469

Though I faced some problems through the journey of fingerlings production which Robonki and the house gave me diff. Solution which helped, but lately I was so disgusted @ those bigger fishes(shooters) the way they swallowed the smaller one which means in my next journey I really have to take sorting so serious. But have some questions below;

What is the easiest way to sort? And @ what week after hatching should I sort?

I don't use VAT for hatching... I use concrete pond and its a very difficult task to transfer fries to bigger pond and mostly gets mortality .. Any advice on method to be applied.

Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
noblefarm:
visited some earthen pond yesterday but I noticed something. despite sand bagging it still it still de tear.
you dont ask an ordinary bricklayer to build a sky rise building.There are people that are skilled in earthen pond construction & bagging.They assess d soil type & terrain before work.i dont do construction,but had seen wonderful works lasting long.Maybe a little shift in a bag due to water torrent caused what u saw(might be a little error,not concludi

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bamdexfarms(m): 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
order for your oven dried catfish today. A pack goes for #500. product can be delivered to any location in Nigeria. Call or whatsapp 08128470332 for yours today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
fishfarming101:
Good day all,
please I currently need fish pond to rent in Edo state preferably in Benin city. Anybody with useful guide should please assist.
fishfarming101@gmail.com is my email address (09096908600). Thanks
if u dont get & you have secure space,u can do tarpaulin with rod or bamboo

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Rexyl(m): 6:15am On Mar 26, 2015
What is the heat source of the ovens that can do very clean drying of the fish, the price, and where they can be bought in Oyo State?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 9:38am On Mar 26, 2015
bamdexfarms:
order for your oven dried catfish today. A pack goes for #500. product can be delivered to any location in Nigeria. Call or whatsapp 08128470332 for yours today.
what were their sizes before smoking?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2015
adebajo11:
Hello everyone.. I ventured into the hatching biz early last month and sold my fingerlings recently @ a very ridiculous price N3.50k. It was a hug problem getting market for my fingerlings and their growth were very Okay.

I don't know if anyone in the house could be of help.. My location is Ijebu ode.. And my whatsapp contact is : 08121305469

Though I faced some problems through the journey of fingerlings production which Robonki and the house gave me diff. Solution which helped, but lately I was so disgusted @ those bigger fishes(shooters) the way they swallowed the smaller one which means in my next journey I really have to take sorting so serious. But have some questions below;

I don't use VAT for hatching... I use concrete pond and its a very difficult task to transfer fries to bigger pond and mostly gets mortality .. Any advice on method to be applied.

Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2015
adebajo11:

Thanks.

I have always laid emphasis on sorting, sort often especially during draning of water pick out the bigger once with a net do this often.. After the 4th week depending on how big, sort them thoroughly.

Transfer with a mosquito net or put a net/ seive at the outllet for easy passage and open gently don't let the water to over rush they will surely follow the water and get trapped by the net/seive, the transfer bit by bit.. Thanks

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 26, 2015
robonski15:

I have always laid emphasis on sorting, sort often especially during draning of water pick out the bigger once with a net do this often.. After the 4th week depending on how big, sort them thoroughly.

Transfer with a mosquito net or put a net/ seive at the outllet for easy passage and open gently don't let the water to over rush they will surely follow the water and get trapped by the net/seive, the transfer bit by bit.. Thanks

www.agricnetwork.com

Thanks sir mr Robonski.. Please what about looking for market .. How do I go about that sir?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:37am On Mar 26, 2015
@ noahklub, no offence,pls do not derail d thread,u can easily start one & post in its category,fables. Here we do fish or agric(importantly fish) ,Cheers & God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aniel1089(m): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
adebajo11:

Thanks.
sorting should start from 2-3 weeks after hatching...and you should be more vigillant in observing your tank for any jumper so as to remove it on time..the best way to sort is to reduce you water level by more than 2/3 then use a mosquitoe net to harvest ur fingerlings into abowl of water,you might add a little salt into the bowl of water before you start to reduce stress..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
aniel1089:
sorting should start from 2-3 weeks after hatching...and you should be more vigillant in observing your tank for any jumper so as to remove it on time..the best way to sort is to reduce you water level by more than 2/3 then use a mosquitoe net to harvest ur fingerlings into abowl of water,you might add a little salt into the bowl of water before you start to reduce stress..

Thanks bro and may God bless you all, but nobody seems to be talking on getting a market, pls I really need help as well in this area.

Thanks 2 all
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
adebajo11:

Thanks bro and may God bless you all, but nobody seems to be talking on getting a market, pls I really need help as well in this area.
Thanks 2 all
they had already shared vital points in reference to your questns,for market?network with already establish farmers,groups or agric shops,also let pple know yr biz,u can even post & never be in hurry to sell.essential u do good seeds,they come naturally,pray also
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
thanks to you all, finally I've starting digging my pond. cat/smokfish all the way.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
^^^^ Only see foot, no digger and nothing else . . . Show us dug ground jawe
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
bamdexfarms:

Nice packaging!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
Fhemmmy:
^^^^ Only see foot, no digger and nothing else . . . Show us dug ground jawe

Master Fheemy a thousand miles begins with a step smiley
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
robonski15:

Master Fheemy a thousand miles begins with a step smiley

Yes now, but from his statement, he has started that miles journey . . . You me and pix now.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
noblefarm:
thanks to you all, finally I've starting digging my pond. cat/smokfish all the way.

Gbam!!!! no turning back bro..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
sorry guys don't know twas wrong pic I posted. I have added another pic there, check it again. thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
noblefarm:
sorry guys don't know twas wrong pic I posted. I have added another pic there, check it again. thanks

Looking good . . . Thanks for sharing, what is the capacity you are looking into and where is this located?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bamdexfarms(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
miqos02:
what were their sizes before smoking?

250 grams
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
excelsiorfarm:
they had already shared vital points in reference to your questns,for market?network with already establish farmers,groups or agric shops,also let pple know yr biz,u can even post & never be in hurry to sell.essential u do good seeds,they come naturally,pray also
oh.. Thanx broo
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
noblefarm:

Good job.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Looking good . . . Thanks for sharing, what is the capacity you are looking into and where is this located?
the measurement is 40ftĂ—30ft. its in Oro, kwara state.
digging one now but will add more two later
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
robonski15:

Good job.
thanks sir. u should hv seen my email now
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 11:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
bamdexfarms:

250 grams
waoooo d fish are 250g selling it at #500 ehhh ehhh bro I hail u ooooo.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tobbyte(m): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
nice one
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 12:18am On Mar 27, 2015
bamdexfarms:

250 grams

Sorry to bother u sir. Plz how many of the 250g fish are in a pack?
Are u in Lagos? I will like to contact u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.