Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1503050 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atanda2001uk(m): 10:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
robonski15:

It was a pleasure speaking with you sir..

Sir Robonski,
It was nice speaking with you too. I have slept before your message came in and today had been very tedious for me. I will connect Nuvembaz tomorrow for some details and arrangements. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olabakefish: 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
Kess122:
@ Ronbosky... one of your feeds distributor is telling me its #20000 and not # 15000 like you said. whats your take in this. or is it your directory to sell it at #20000 to us...?

@Robonski pls answer kess122 question o, because u just recommended dat I should get it from one of the distributors before the Agege store will b ready. Don't forget say you promise say, na your goal to make sure that, na all of us 'Will Smile to the Bank' not selected few. Thanks for your quick response as always more FISH OIL to your elbow wink
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
PHENYOR:
@ mr robonski thanks, it's a concrete pond. The issue is that the fishes came with the disease from the supplier cos another farmer that bought at the same time with me has the same complaint. I got NCO(Neomycin, Chloramphenicol and Oxyltetracycline), they seem to improve but some are just weak. I will try to get the that one, I am at abuja sir. Thanks again
@ Phenyor
If you experience some thing like this , please try to inform the farm you purchase the fingerlings from so that others will not fall victim. Demand that they should do something about their fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2016
Kess122:
@ Ronbosky... one of your feeds distributor is telling me its #20000 and not # 15000 like you said. whats your take in this. or is it your directory to sell it at #20000 to us...?
15k is distributor price and also remember that the distributor has to transport the feed to his location and also pay shop rent. 20k is not bad for a 100kg feed. My own small opinion sha

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by PHENYOR: 11:45am On Jan 15, 2016
@ayosat thanks so much, just need help to salvage the situation.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kess122:

PRICE LIST:

WEST:10k
EAST, NORTH AND SOUTH :11K

ALL BAGS COMES IN 50KG

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

15k is distributor price and also remember that the distributor has to transport the feed to his location and also pay shop rent. 20k is not bad for a 100kg feed. My own small opinion sha

EXACTLY!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olabakefish: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
robonski15:

PRICE LIST:

ALL BAGS COMES IN 50KG

@Robonski, let's now be serious, I had earlier had my reservations to the price you quoted earlier when you first advertised the Gelatin feed (We will be selling at a very low price for all to benefit and maximize profit.. A 100kg will be sold for for #15,000 (fifteen thousand Naira only)), we are all excited by this that yes one of our own has come to our rescue.

I believe due consultation had been made about the price before you made it public and most of us are already adjusting our budgets towards this, I mean to switch over to this feed. We so much believe in your person and ability based on the wealth of experience you have shared and solution you have proffered with excellent results.

The first price you mentioned that all will benefit from was #15,000 for 100kg which means #7,500 for 50kg.

Now the price is PRICE LIST:

ALL BAGS COMES IN 50KG

When the issue of pricing from distributors came up, I had expected a detailed analysis from you, to either come to their defense or give reasons. You only said 'Exactly' on post on thread 247 about the issue.

Some of us have had the opportunity to work in different capacity in different manufacturing outfit and I can tell of a fact that pricing is a very sensitive issue especially for an emerging product.

I will appreciate it if you can make a detailed analysis on the platform as to the reasons in price changes within a very short period of time when 90% of us that are excited about the news have not even benefited from it.

Mind you, the new price you are quoting stands a very little chance of convincing to switch because is almost the same if not less to the prices of feeds that we are already used to.

More 'Fish OIL' to your elbow...

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
pls how much is the price per bag of gelatin feed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good evening great people...
Someone wants to sell great number of table size catfish ranging from 1kg and above. Interested people can him on ‭08091480704‬. The farm is located in Ajah. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
ayosat:
Good evening great people...
Someone wants to sell great number of table size catfish ranging from 1kg and above. Interested people can him on ‭08091480704‬. The farm is located in Ajah. Thanks

Let him call this number 08099847106
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
Likewise, another person is looking forward to buyers interested in about 500 broodstock. He had kept this fish for more than a year. Due to lack of space for his new batch of fish he wants to sell the brood stock off at current table size price. If interested call him on ‭09083590573‬. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
robonski15:

Let him call this number 08099847106
OK Boss...thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
olabakefish:

@Robonski, let's now be serious, I had earlier had my reservations to the price you quoted earlier when you first advertised the Gelatin feed (We will be selling at a very low price for all to benefit and maximize profit.. A 100kg will be sold for for #15,000 (fifteen thousand Naira only)), we are all excited by this that yes one of our own has come to our rescue.

I believe due consultation had been made about the price before you made it public and most of us are already adjusting our budgets towards this, I mean to switch over to this feed. We so much believe in your person and ability based on the wealth of experience you have shared and solution you have proffered with excellent results.

The first price you mentioned that all will benefit from was #15,000 for 100kg which means #7,500 for 50kg.

Now the price is PRICE LIST:

ALL BAGS COMES IN 50KG

When the issue of pricing from distributors came up, I had expected a detailed analysis from you, to either come to their defense or give reasons. You only said 'Exactly' on post on thread 247 about the issue.

Some of us have had the opportunity to work in different capacity in different manufacturing outfit and I can tell of a fact that pricing is a very sensitive issue especially for an emerging product.

I will appreciate it if you can make a detailed analysis on the platform as to the reasons in price changes within a very short period of time when 90% of us that are excited about the news have not even benefited from it.

Mind you, the new price you are quoting stands a very little chance of convincing to switch because is almost the same if not less to the prices of feeds that we are already used to.

More 'Fish OIL' to your elbow...

Hello sir, we have done justice to the price.. The distributors sell at just 10k and 11k per 50kg depending on location.. They have to pay for cost of transportation themselves and also rent, staff etc.. Now we buy coppens, zeigler, multifeed on the average 5k for just 15kg or even higher, for 50kg will amount to #16,600 on average.. Our feed are 10k per 50kg which is #6600 lesser than foreign feed also considering its high crude protein content..When you multiply by how many bag of feed you will use till harvest you will see how much cost you have saved by purchasing our feed.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olabakefish: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
robonski15:

Hello sir, we have done justice to the price.. The distributors sell at just 10k and 11k per 50kg depending on location.. They have to pay for cost of transportation themselves and also rent, staff etc.. Now we buy coppens, zeigler, multifeed on the average 5k for just 15kg or even higher, for 50kg will amount to #16,600 on average.. Our feed are 10k per 50kg which is #6600 lesser than foreign feed also considering its high crude protein content..When you multiply by how many bag of feed you will use till harvest you will see how much cost you have saved by purchasing our feed.. Thanks

@Robonski, Thanks for addressing this issue with explation, it is better coming from you directly. For those of us in Agbado and Agege axis how do we get the feed?

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lovesuite(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
olabakefish:

Awww this is like watching a very interesting film, I was so immersed in this write-up only to see .....TO BE CONTINUED, Oga SOFT77 Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us, when is the concluding part coming up can't wait, more 'FISH OIL' to your elbow.

Thanks @soft for this huge enlightenment,wat are the natural way of checking the ph of the water,after treating ur new pond wit dry grass,formalin, do u still need to treat it wit salt and water again.thanks just for clarity.thanks.

am refering to tarpaulin ponds sir.tanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:03am On Jan 16, 2016
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 5:51am On Jan 16, 2016
BAYELSA DISTRIBUTOR
Don~Classic Nig. Ltd
Office Address. ...252 Mbiama /Yenagoa road.....Amarata Soki bus stop opposite Ambi Supermarket.
please this is were the store rocate
sorry for the above mixup
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 6:04am On Jan 16, 2016
robonski15 post=42
BAYELSA DISTRIBUTOR
Don~Classic Nig. Ltd
Office Address. ...252 Mbiama /Yenagoa road.....Amarata Soki bus stop opposite Ambi Supermarket.
please this is were the store rocate
sorry for the above mixup[color=#990000:

BENIN CITY DISTRIBUTOR:[/color]

JEMILA BELLO LTD
ADDRESS : 31 AIRPORT -OGBA RD. AFTER CONSTANTIAL HOTEL. BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
PHONE NUMBER: 08059776759

KADUNA DISTRIBUTOR

FUNTEEZERS SERVICES LTD
ADDRESS: B181/182 ADEBISI SALAKO CRESENT BEHIND SARAKIS PALACE MANDO, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE.
PHONE NUMBER: 07012893868 09032958339

PORTHARCOURT (P.H) DISTRIBUTOR
ENTERO FARMS LTD
ADDRESS: UNIPORT ROAD ALUU
PHONE NUMBER: 08037986697

IMO STATE DISTRIBUTOR[color=#990000][/color]
ADDRESS: TOCHI, AHIARA JUNCTION, MBAISE IMO STATE
PHONE NUMBER:08035084073

IBADAN DISTRIBUTOR

TEHILLA FARMS
ADDRESS: FASUSI CLOSE (BESIDE THE LORD REIGNETH NURSERY AND PRIMARY SCHOOL) TOKOTAYA GBANDO OJOO. IBADAN
TELEPHONE: 08035099049 08054476918

ANAMBRA DISTRIBUTOR

ZIKA FARMS
ADDRESS:TOTAL FILLING STATION IHIALA.
PHONE NUMBER: 08032550188

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Stanleyobey: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=donclassfarm post=42020140][/quote]

Oga robonski abeg call me.cnt reach you.stanley from Abuja.07031067172 and abeg send me juve number.thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by myken4ever: 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hi everyone, I have been on this forum for like 4 days now and I am thrilled reading the posts and landslide developments by Robonski and co, quite impressive to say the least, I have an uncompleted building on a half plot that I intend using for catfish farming for a start, I intend erecting tarpaulin ponds. am at Ipaja, I need a fish farm I can go for tour before starting anything, I welcome advise and counselling from the house.
thanks,
Michael
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ochukofortune(m): 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ovatide is an indigenous, cost-effective and new
hormonal formulation for induced breeding of fishes.
It is also effective in breeding major carps. The doses
for females are 0.20-0.40 ml/kg for rohu and mrigal,
0.40-0.50 ml/kg for catla, silver carp and grass carp
The dosages for males are 0.10-0.20 ml/kg for rohu,
mrigal, 0.20-0.30 ml/ kg for catla and 0.20-0.25 ml/
kg for silver carp and grass carp.The Advantages of Ovatide:
It is cost-effective hormonal preparation.
It gives high fertilisation and hatching percentage
(85-95%).
It is increases egg production through complete
spawning.
It produces healthy seed.
It is easy to inject due to its low viscosity.
It does not cause adverse effects on brood fish after
injection.
It can be administered in a single dose to brooders.
It can be stored at room temperature. For Ovatide in Nigeria call Pharmacist Forte on 08030670205. Supplies can be made outside lagos...Price: #3800 . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Abidemi501(m): 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hello, Mr Robonski and others who are sucesful professional of this catfish bisness.I want to do this busines by february 1. I have goten a earthen pond in Ibadan Near a stream. I want to stock 1,500 pieces of juveniles. Pls guide me on the folowing: 1. What are d necesary steps to b taken on my fish pond b4 i put fish n water inside?
2. What is the affordable feed to give to them in d first, 2nd and 3rd month until they wil b harvest.
3. Can i feed them wit local feed? If so, what n wat to b put 2geda to make d biz profitable 4 me?
4. What drug shud i b using 4 them?
Please hep me and advice to b profitable wit this bisness. Any other info is welcomed apart from the question asked above.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
Abidemi501:
Hello, Mr Robonski and others who are sucesful professional of this catfish bisness.I want to do this busines by february 1. I have goten a earthen pond in Ibadan Near a stream. I want to stock 1,500 pieces of juveniles. Pls guide me on the folowing: 1. What are d necesary steps to b taken on my fish pond b4 i put fish n water inside?
2. What is the affordable feed to give to them in d first, 2nd and 3rd month until they wil b harvest.
3. Can i feed them wit local feed? If so, what n wat to b put 2geda to make d biz profitable 4 me?
4. What drug shud i b using 4 them?
Please hep me and advice to b profitable wit this bisness. Any other info is welcomed apart from the question asked above.

you are very much welcome sir into the business..

1.you have to lime the pond and leave for some days before stocking
2.purchase our Gelatin feed 2mm and 3mm super grow and 4mm and 6 mm super weight.. contact your ibadan distributor.
4.common salt can be used as a routine..

what is the size of the earthen pond? you have source for quality fingerlings/juvenile to avoid stunted growth..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tayade: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
please house, i need help as regards Rana fish feeds, can someone tell me where to get their distributor in southwest.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by manya(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
@ROBONSKI, please i need your number to talk to you directly about my problems because i have talked to your manager long ago about my orders but no replies from him since then. please kindly help me with your number because i also want to come and learn hatching from you as you organise class. my number is 07056340303, email: bash4maryam@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Uokhaboy: 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
robonski15:

2.purchase our Gelatin feed 2mm and 3mm super grow and 4mm and 6 mm super weight.. contact your ibadan distributor.

what is the size of the earthen pond? you have source for quality fingerlings/juvenile to avoid stunted growth..
robonski15:

robonski15:

Oga Robonski, you are getting me confused hear.
You said the galetin feed is in powder form to be mixed with hot water to prepare .
My confusion is in your mentioning 2mm, 3mm, 4mm and 6mm specifications of your galetin feed.
Question: Are the feeds in two forms? That is powder and pellet forms?
Please clarify....
Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 2:35am On Jan 17, 2016
Uokhaboy:

Oga Robonski, you are getting me confused hear.
You said the galetin feed is in powder form to be mixed with hot water to prepare .
My confusion is in your mentioning 2mm, 3mm, 4mm and 6mm specifications of your galetin feed.
Question: Are the feeds in two forms? That is powder and pellet forms?
Please clarify....
Thanks.

There are 2 types
1. Powder form to be mixed with hot water and prepare like eBay and feed to the fishes from juvenile to grow out
2. For people not comfortable with powder mixing with hot water, they have made it into pellets and the 2,3,4&6mm are different sizes available.
I think this is a great development and we should rally round tl support them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 2:36am On Jan 17, 2016
tayade:
please house, i need help as regards Rana fish feeds, can someone tell me where to get their distributor in southwest.

Get the gelatin feed and your fishes will dance azonto while singing you to the bank, where is your location and you will be told the distributor close to you....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Abidemi501(m): 3:05am On Jan 17, 2016
Mr robonski. Kindly hep on ur ansa wic was nt clear.
1. How wil i apply those feed for them in each month from juvenile stage? What quantity to b eaten per month? What is their price by bags? How wil get d distributors?
2. How wil i apply comon salt? Wat quantity shud it be?
3. Wic lime wil i use? is it normal lime? How to apply it? Wen is normal period to start using d pond after liming?
I hav source juveniles. How do i knw dat they are quality ones? The size of d pond is 10ft by 10ft by 4ft. Is it ok 4 1500pieces? If nt, what should i get?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by manya(m): 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
manya:
@ROBONSKI, please i need your number to talk to you directly about my problems because i have talked to your manager long ago about my orders but no replies from him since then. please kindly help me with your number because i also want to come and learn hatching from you as you organise class. my number is 07056340303, email: bash4maryam@gmail.com

Please ROBONSKI TRY to respond to my post because i need the juveniles quick, i live in Bauchi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.