Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,552 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493757 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bruseeky: 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
Catfish for available for sale in ph 0.6-1.2kg, contact: 0701 949 6264
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
bizz:

Can I visit your farm? And do you do pay on delivery?
# open ur eyes wen u r sleeping oooo grin 2k5 for 15kg feed wiv CP of 40+ unnnnn.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ijababa: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hello Soft777 -thanks a bunch for this useful insight. Could you explain how pig fat can be converted to an attractant?
soft777:
Due to the scarcity of fish oil ,i want to quickly tell u how to make ,your own fish oil .
Get some fresh fish the very cheap ones you can see in your locality, cut off the head and slice the stomach open to remove the intestine , its very important so the head or intestine will not cause the fish to rot before forming the oil.
Cut the fishes to small pieces and put them in a container like the small white plastic paint bucket , add small water to just cover
the fish top a little. Close the plastic , so that air can not get in , and look for any cloth like a towel to cover it ... Keep it in a cool dry place for 10days .
Open it, and you will discover a thick white layer on the water because oil and water does not mix, gently remove the oil from the water buy pouring it out into another jar and you have 100 percent fish oil with good raw fish smell . The more the fish ,the more the volume of fish oil and the used fish can be add to making your fish feed so nothing is a waste .
Now to increase your fish oil, you can add to every 1 liter fish oil, add one quarter vegetable oil and mix to give u more quantity ,
Advantages of fish oil , it serves as an attractant and its a source of oil and protein , it can almost totally replace or reduce the amount of costly fish meal used in your feed .
When you have low quality feed just spray fish oil on it , allow it to sun dry and bag. you will see how the fish will eat the feed they earlier rejected ..... other source of attractants are chicken intestine waste , cow and pig fats and hatchery waste eggs any of these can be used also .
i can explain how to convert most of them to strong fish attractant GOD BLESS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ohuegbeair(m): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2016
my experienced fish farmers in d house. its your naive novice guy again oh. please what drug or feed can I use to make dem have black color?because dia color is not black more like faded brown.....thanks in anticipation
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omisakint: 11:26am On Jul 29, 2016
ohuegbeair:
my experienced fish farmers in d house. its your naive novice guy again oh. please what drug or feed can I use to make dem have black color?because dia color is not black more like faded brown.....thanks in anticipation

In human we have black, afi, chocolate brown etc.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
ohuegbeair:
the colour of container or environment could influence their appearance, also genetic makeup of parent stock could play a role too,not to forget that there are albino catfish & hunchback catfish(this is due to mutation in their gene or lack of certain pigment in their body system),but if non of the above,it could be lack of some trace or essential nutrient in feed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ohuegbeair(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thanks ...now I cud sleep better with your responses

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
ohuegbeair:
Thanks ...now I cud sleep better with your responses
Thank God
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by efe2016(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
Amen in Jesus Name. I do my breeding,training in ashi-bodija,presently i am doing a post graduate outside oyo state & since that is area of focus at now, Dv if the Lord choose to tarry,in 5 years i would be through & the Lord will have Assisted to achieve the purpose in Jesus Name,Amen. So as i had stated on earlier post,iam in school.

thanks for ur response,actually wanted to discuss management of fries to fingerlings or juvenile with u.i used to hatche,but had challenges managing them.i ve read the thread,i discovered that d management wasn't dealt with 100%. I discoverd dat when i hatche d fries will be so much,but within 2wks dey ate either all dead or u may ve just2% of them remaining.i built a tarpaulin vat,had bad xperience. Hached in concrete pond still had bad experience.i actually lost all my investment /fund in dis hatching biz.is there any one u can recommend for me in ibadan i can meet so i can see what i did wrong.thanks for ur anticipated response
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:17am On Jul 30, 2016
efe2016:

thanks for ur response,actually wanted to discuss management of fries to fingerlings or juvenile with u.i used to hatche,but had challenges managing them.i ve read the thread,i discovered that d management wasn't dealt with 100%. I discoverd dat when i hatche d fries will be so much,but within 2wks dey ate either all dead or u may ve just2% of them remaining.i built a tarpaulin vat,had bad xperience. Hached in concrete pond still had bad experience.i actually lost all my investment /fund in dis hatching biz.is there any one u can recommend for me in ibadan i can meet so i can see what i did wrong.thanks for ur anticipated response
I am in lagos now,meet me in our church on sunday at ashi-bodija.Dv i will be in ibadan for a day.Iam not asking you to attend/come to worship in our church.Since you said discussion,i blieve service should be through by 11.30-12pm.RCCG CORNERSTONE Arapasopo,ashi-bodija.Just N40 from bodija oju erin or about 10minutes walk,God Bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by efe2016(m): 11:56am On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=excelsiorfarm post=48014691] I am in lagos now,meet me in our church on sunday at ashi-bodija.Dv i will be in ibadan for a day.Iam not asking you to attend/come to worship in our church.Since you said discussion,i blieve service should be through by 11.30-12pm.RCCG CORNERSTONE Arapasopo,ashi-bodija.Just N40 from bodija oju erin or about 10minutes walk,God Bless[/quote
Hope to close on time in our church.

It would be a big honour for me to attend ur church.Will be there by God, s Grace. Thank u
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Alohseda: 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
Great farmers pls where can I get 1.5 and 2mm around ikorodu, I have checked the places I know
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=efe2016 post=48023843][/quote]see you tomorrow DV, iam back in ibadan now
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ijababa: 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Does anyone know where I can get unadulterated fish oil in Lagos?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by efe2016(m): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
see you tomorrow DV, iam back in ibadan now

welcome sir, will b there
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eudoh940(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2016
Pls house. How much is a kg of fish @ROBONSKI Sir. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
eudoh940:
Depending on location, presently from #500 to #600 in lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
ijababa:
Does anyone know where I can get unadulterated fish oil in Lagos?
Try agege
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eudoh940(m): 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
@fzero.. Tnks..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
eudoh940:
#550-600/kg in Lagos. I don't think farmer in Lagos still sell below #550
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donnaheff: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
please what is the crude protein content of crayfish dust
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
ohuegbeair:
# smiles! Maybe ur water is brownish. They take to d colour of their environment.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by efe2016(m): 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
@excelsiorsfarm I want to say thank u for ur time yesterday,ur teaching, counsel was worth more than a million dollars.I know u don't like been praised but I must say thank u for sharing ur wealth of knowledge with me, I wish Nigeria has just 10 of ur kind I know dis country will b a better place. ur humility knows no bound. Like I said yesterday, I have a son will always behave like his father and God is our father indeed. More of God's grace sir.
People in d house kindly help me to thank @ExcelsiorFarms for me. He related with me as if we have known each other for ages, he was so free. God bless u sir @excelsiorsfarm, His grace will abound in u n u will not knowi sorrow in Jesus Mighty Name Amen

thanks n God bless

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by godwinufi68(m): 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
donnaheff:
please what is the crude protein content of crayfish dust
same question in my mind, tnks broda
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
efe2016:
@excelsiorsfarm I want to say thank u for ur time yesterday,ur teaching, counsel was worth more than a million dollars.I know u don't like been praised but I must say thank u for sharing ur wealth of knowledge with me, I wish Nigeria has just 10 of ur kind I know dis country will b a better place. ur humility knows no bound. Like I said yesterday, I have a son will always behave like his father and God is our father indeed. More of God's grace sir.
People in d house kindly help me to thank @ExcelsiorFarms for me. He related with me as if we have known each other for ages, he was so free. God bless u sir @excelsiorsfarm, His grace will abound in u n u will not knowi sorrow in Jesus Mighty Name Amen

thanks n God bless
GIVE ALL GLORY TO GOD SIR. Thank God for the opportunity.For the prayers AMEN IN JESUS NAME. Regards
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ijababa: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hi Pumpie can I have your phone number?
pumppie:
most welcome sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abbeydeeone: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
evening, pls anyone with broodstock in Ibadan should please whatsapp 07039298244
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yesorno: 5:54am On Aug 02, 2016
Hello farmers, oven processed smoked fish now available for sale in Abj....call 07035635841 for your orders.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abbeydeeone: 8:55am On Aug 02, 2016
evening, pls anyone with broodstock in Ibadan should please text this number 07039298244. Thank you all
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by infotainment(m): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2016
call chilian farm on 07065874135

abbeydeeone:
evening, pls anyone with broodstock in Ibadan
should please text this number 07039298244. Thank you all
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by infotainment(m): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2016
call chilian farm on 07065874135

abbeydeeone:
evening, pls anyone with broodstock in Ibadan
should please text this number 07039298244. Thank you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.