Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1496072 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by micgray100(m): 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
Ttalk:

Abuja is fine o my boss

Oga Ttalk

Please where can I get original price list of fish feeds in Abuja... I really want to go into the business here in Kaduna.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
Good evening all, Please is it advisable to roof a tarpaulin fish pond, What is the advantage and disadvantage
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by emmyvet(m): 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
ademola1333:
Hello house! Please help me on what to do, I am really frustrated... I stocked 500 juveniles in earthen pond about 6weeks ago but Monitor lizards are eating up these fishes even though I net the pond. They keep tearing the net and eating the helpless fishes. I was advised to set traps for them which I did but the trap didn't catch.

Sorry for the loss.

Can you use a wire gooze to make a kind of fence around the pond or if you love dogs get one and put inside the fence it will scare them away.

Had a bird problem back then in our rice farm but we used a dog in scaring the birds away.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
micgray100:

Oga Ttalk

Please where can I get original price list of fish feeds in Abuja... I really want to go into the business here in Kaduna.

You will get at Kado Fish Market.
Starter 0.5mm, 0.8mm 1.5mm (5kg) 10,000.
2mm and 3mm 9500
Nigeria floating - 2 and 3mm 7000
4mm 6500
Niigeria sinking 3800 to 5000
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
emmyvet:

Sorry for the loss.

Can you use a wire gooze to make a kind of fence around the pond or if you love dogs get one and put inside the fence it will scare them away.

Had a bird problem back then in our rice farm but we used a dog in scaring the birds away.
Thanks for your reply!
Monitor lizards do climb well, they will still climb the wire gauze. That Dog would have been a better option but I live far from the pond location. Moreover, I rent a pond out of some there that belong to other people.

I read online that attaching peacock feathers to the net may help scare monitor lizards away. But getting peacock feathers is hard here because it is scarce.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
chilanfarms:
sorry for the loose, use either mosquito net to camp d farm but ensure the poles are strong
Thanks boss! I followed this but they still climb.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by emmyvet(m): 10:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
ademola1333:

Thanks for your reply!
Monitor lizards do climb well, they will still climb the wire gauze. That Dog would have been a better option but I live far from the pond location. Moreover, I rent a pond out of some there that belong to other people.

I read online that attaching peacock feathers to the net may help scare monitor lizards away. But getting peacock feathers is hard here because it is scarce.

OK,

Must it be a peacock feather?
What of that of chicken.

An adult dog can stay in the farm provided you get a house for him and bring for him each you visit the farm a believe two times daily.

Please find a solution delay is dangerous
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 10:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
emmyvet:

OK,

Must it be a peacock feather?
What of that of chicken.

An adult dog can stay in the farm provided you get a house for him and bring for him each you visit the farm a believe two times daily.

Please find a solution delay is dangerous
I don't like dogs, hence I don't have one. I will try that of chicken feather (I can paint it to look like that of peacock feather). Thanks boss!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by emmyvet(m): 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
ademola1333:

I don't like dogs, hence I don't have one. I will try that of chicken feather (I can paint it to look like that of peacock feather). Thanks boss!

You are welcome sir but am not the boss o.
All the same good luck!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
can we see the netting sir

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 2:38am On Feb 19, 2017
ABHAKS:
Good evening all please can one use local catfish caught in a river for spawning? They weigh 2kg male and female

what specie of fish are u talking of. how can u confirm its age? confirm the females fertility....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 2:56am On Feb 19, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
Who made you a failed fishfarmer? that it didn't work well initially,is to educate you that somethings wasn't done well,it might even be your fish seeds. So be encourage, the Truthful ones will tell you they had faced one challenge or the other from their expliots. For price keep 400,so as not to fear,the left over,you keep. Dont buy all your feed at once,buy in batches. Introduce aquapro & livestovit in your regime this time

hello excelsior. please I need your help in purchasing aquapro at your location. kindly send me your number @ oscarvictor93@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
ABHAKS:
Good evening all, Please is it advisable to roof a tarpaulin fish pond, What is the advantage and disadvantage
ofcuz u can roof it to protect the tarpaulin from direct sunlight, though your fishes needs some little of sunlight
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
oscarvicto:

hello excelsior. please I need your help in purchasing aquapro at your location. kindly send me your number @ oscarvictor93@yahoo.com
i dont sell my brother,i only talk about its efficiency,i dont deal in sales of any product,but fishes & that is when i produce myself. I even learnt a lesson recently that any area out of ones dealing one should steer clear off it or sacrifice to assist could cause one challenge & losses. So my brother,i dont sell sir. I would even encourage that you all begin to do personal research & you could discover a possible replacement. So you will never be bereaved of alternative

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ateboh: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
I greet my oga's in d hux, God bless u all for d wonderful helps. Pls ds young farmer need help seriously, my fishes r dying daily.
Presently I hav 4 sets of stock.
1, melange
2, juveniles
3, post fingerlings
4, fingerlings
At first I tot if was normal. But now its alarming. I wash my tanks wt salt every 2-3 wks. N treat wt aquaceryl plus n livestovit. Hmmm
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by osashilton: 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
Harvested at 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by arowoloaffiss: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good day house,Very impressive i would be glad to join the whatsapp group here is my number 08133599138 already lost some money but the passion for farming still remain.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
osashilton:
Harvested at 4 months.
well done
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by emmyvet(m): 8:47am On Feb 21, 2017
osashilton:
Harvested at 4 months.

That's good.

Did you stock them as fingerslings or juveniles?

Also what's the average weight you got at 4months?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
10 ADVANTAGES OF BECOMING A MEMBER OF AQUABREN: 1. Access to training/mentorship from well establish members of the association. 2. Access to first hand information in Aquaculture industry. 3. Access to quality seeds at very subsidise rate. 4. Access to very rich feed @ subsidised rate. 5. Free practical training. 6.Access to international training, seminars n workshops. 7.Access to loan(feeds/inputs). 8.Guidance to new farmers on best farm practices. 9. Free Advert for your farm products and services. 10.Exportation of processed farm products ... Thses are just few of the benefit of been a member of this association. Regards Chilanfarm(President)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by damilonya(m): 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
Pls, someone should add me to both whatsapp and telegram groups on 08052114649. Tanx!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nduwin(f): 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
chilanfarms:
10 ADVANTAGES OF BECOMING A MEMBER OF AQUABREN: 1. Access to training/mentorship from well establish members of the association. 2. Access to first hand information in Aquaculture industry. 3. Access to quality seeds at very subsidise rate. 4. Access to very rich feed @ subsidised rate. 5. Free practical training. 6.Access to international training, seminars n workshops. 7.Access to loan(feeds/inputs). 8.Guidance to new farmers on best farm practices. 9. Free Advert for your farm products and services. 10.Exportation of processed farm products ... Thses are just few of the benefit of been a member of this association. Regards Chilanfarm(President)

Pls add us on WhatsApp 08188585110 & ‭08060354101‬ we need to learn better bcoz my elder brother just harvested but he lost about #240k
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABUFARMSHOLDING(f): 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
Local Catfish Feeds Available At N3,000 per 15kg bag.

Location: Number 105, Okele Street, Ogbogbo, Ijebu North East, Ogun State. For enquiries call: 07011235565.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
50kg of Melange fish needed around mowe-ibafo-arepo axis. Pm me if u have or if you have a source
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by osashilton: 12:37am On Feb 23, 2017
Stocked juvenile, got an average weight of about 450g
emmyvet:

That's good.

Did you stock them as fingerslings or juveniles?

Also what's the average weight you got at 4months?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by osashilton: 12:46am On Feb 23, 2017
Pls guys beware of buyers that come to buy your fish. Many of them tamper with their weighing scale, you wouldnt know and fall victim. They will put a piece of wood inside the scale so when it weighs up to about 37kg, I won't go beyond 37kg. Even if you have your own scale, they will make sure u compare weight of not more than 20kg on their scale and urs, you will then think both scales are well calibrated. My brother, insist they use ur own scale to weigh... I hv a video I recorded while harvesting. Wuld hv fallen victim if not for quick thinking. I had to use my own scale and discovered they almost cheated me 50kg plus...
Nduwin:

Pls add us on WhatsApp 08188585110 & ‭08060354101‬ we need to learn better bcoz my elder brother just harvested but he lost about #240k
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:28am On Feb 23, 2017
osashilton:
Stocked juvenile, got an average weight of about 450g
4months?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 10:31am On Feb 23, 2017
Good day house
50kg of Melange fish needed around mowe-ibafo axis. Pm me if u have or if you have a source
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello house, for those of us in need of local feed but don't have the time. Fish n fish local feed is available from your famous TOUCH FARMS. 2mm-8mm is available. Call or p chart me on 08025296420.
My 2mm feed is 40% fish, 50% crude protein and its #400 per kg. 4mm-8mm is 25% fishmeal and 40% crude protein and its #300 per kg.
I package in a 50kg bag
And I can send to south west and south south for now. my feed can stay in water for 1 hour before leaching/ dissolves.
My local feed contains animal protein(pure fish), plant protein like soya, gnc. As for energy and binding I use flour. My feed also contain fibre from PKC and wheat, lipids from palm oil. Included drugs are lysine, methionine, premix,toxin binder, sangrovit and organic acid. Also liquid multivitamins are also added to boost their appetite. As per immunity, I add vitamin c, bone and salt to make it palatable.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nerica(m): 11:46am On Feb 24, 2017
Add me on whatsapp.My number is 08023577134

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.