Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,027 members, 7,863,689 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1508232 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
@TOKUGAWA..........Wow!!!!!!! Simply impressive . . . Not sure if you have mentioned somewhere, but what is the size of that pond and plan to contain how many fishes?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
robonski15: Start this year with a sound knowledge on catfish farming..

REBAS FARMS NIGERIA LIMITED

Invite you to a 2 days practical training seminar titiled "INVESTMENT OPPOURTUNITY IN CATFISH BUSINESS"

SEMINAR OBJECTIVE:

Fingerlings/juvenile production and hatchery management.

Secrets in maximizing profit.

TARGETED AUDIENCE

1 Aspiring catfish farmers
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR

* To see and know how to hatch on your own and how to manage them.

* free handout on catfish production

*sound knowledge to succeed in catfish business..

DATE: 24th and 25th of january 2014..

INTERESTED PERSONS SHOULD CONTACT ROBONSKI ON 08061682047 and what's app.. BB PIN: 25a3dcdc..

Don't miss it!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
Compliments of the season to everyone. I'm sorry that it is coming late just that I've been so preoccupied lately. A lot of people have been in touch through email, calls, text messages and whatapps. I'm still very much with you and I follow this thread every now and then. Be rest assured that I am here to serve you better. Please note however that local feed formula that I've previously posted on this thread are subject to change and there are few tricks which I've discovered of recent and I am willing to share it as soon as I conclude my research. Do have a fun filled year. Cheers,

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
Tukugawa you are da bomb! This is impressive! This is my first time of seeing images of real earthened pond. Am so used to and build concrete ponds. But I have some concerns: the pond seems to be located in a forest what is your source of water and when the water gets dirty or polluted how do you flush and replace? Second is security, how do you secure the farm from people stealing your fish. And what is the size of this pond?

Pls any experience earthen pond user can provide answers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fhemmmy: @TOKUGAWA..........Wow!!!!!!! Simply impressive . . . Not sure if you have mentioned somewhere, but what is the size of that pond and plan to contain how many fishes?
Thanks bro.I mentioned it earlier,its 40/30ft with a dept of 3ft.It can conveniently contain 3k plus fishes to maturity. But I will be starting with 2k due to available funds.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
TOKUGAWA: Thanks bro.I mentioned it earlier,its 40/30ft with a dept of 3ft.It can conveniently contain 3k plus fishes to maturity. But I will be starting with 2k due to available funds.

Thanks for your response, brilliant . . . Please keep us posted with pix and how things are going there, wanna follow up and know more
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
mike58:

Please sum1 should consider n reply my PRoblem PLzZZZZZz
work on water mgt & o2,don't overfeed, don't stress ,check yr water depth/height
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
mozek24: Tukugawa you are da bomb! This is impressive! This is my first time of seeing images of real earthened pond. Am so used to and build concrete ponds. But I have some concerns: the pond seems to be located in a forest what is your source of water and when the water gets dirty or polluted how do you flush and replace? Second is security, how do you secure the farm from people stealing your fish. And what is the size of this pond?

Pls any experience earthen pond user can provide answers
thanks bro,as per source of water.The pond is situated just beside a very good stream,this same stream is supplying like 80 ponds.The good thing about this stream is it doesn't go dry(Gods Handwork).In addition to that its well damed for steady and pressurised flow.Amongst d pics I uploaded last,there is a picture of a pipe.That's d pipe that supplies water to d inlet from d dam.Security is ok,its in Ijebu,people fetch water there steady and stealing fish in an earthen pond is very difficult.Infact there are houses close to d place.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for your response, brilliant . . . Please keep us posted with pix and how things are going there, wanna follow up and know more
sure bro
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jites(m): 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Wow, very impressive Mr TOKUGAWA, Now this is what i was talking about when i mentioned in previous post of the power of pictures, instead of TOKUGAWA saying i have just finished constructing an earthen pond, he said it and also showed us pictures. Welldone Sir, this remind me of Oga Spyder in the property section. step by step instructions. So House, lets start seeing more pictures, if you harvested your fish and they are like 1.5-2.5 kg come on put some pictures up and a little talk on how you went about achieving it. Pictures speak louder than words, a fruitful year to everyone.

TOKUGAWA: More pics of myself n ma pond.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
jites: Wow, very impressive Mr TOKUGAWA, Now this is what i was talking about when i mentioned in previous post of the power of pictures, instead of TOKUGAWA saying i have just finished constructing an earthen pond, he said it and also showed us pictures. Welldone Sir, this remind me of Oga Spyder in the property section. step by step instructions. So House, lets start seeing more pictures, if you harvested your fish and they are like 1.5-2.5 kg come on put some pictures up and a little talk on how you went about achieving it. Pictures speak louder than words, a fruitful year to everyone.

i so much agree with you my Chairman at the Top . . . one pics speaks more than million of words and we live in an age where everything is seen from the visual eyes.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
HELLO HOUSE!!!

I JUST RECEIVED THE BIO-DISC 2 MR JITES PROMISED TO SEND DOWN FROM THE UK AT A CHEAPER PRICE FOR US TO AFFORD..OF A TRUTH HE REALLY KEPT TO HIS PROMISE

TOMORROW I WILL WRITE ABOUT ITS ENORMOUS BENEFIT IN FISH FARMING AND ALSO SHOW GRAPHICAL DETAILS..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
robonski15: HELLO HOUSE!!!

I JUST RECEIVED THE BIO-DISC 2 MR JITES PROMISED TO SEND DOWN FROM THE UK AT A CHEAPER PRICE FOR US TO AFFORD..OF A TRUTH HE REALLY KEPT TO HIS PROMISE

TOMORROW I WILL WRITE ABOUT ITS ENORMOUS BENEFIT IN FISH FARMING AND ALSO SHOW GRAPHICAL DETAILS..
looking forward to it cos av searched thoroughly online for a simple explanation on hoe it works.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AdeoyeAdekunle: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
[quote author=TOKUGAWA] u ve rily done a wonderful work & it has rily motivated d learners on dis thread dat we shul nt b afraid 2 start smal & by God grace u wil giv a gud testimony in few months 2kom(Amen)....bt wil u b pumpin water in2 d pond or d water coms out 4rm d grond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
[quote author=Adeoye Adekunle][/quote]Amen my brother its nt easy,Abokis alone gulped roughly 170k,excluding daily afternoon breads,smoke n pure water bags.Its a swampy area,water comes out naturally but definitely not enough. So I took water from d nearby stream.Would be stocking soon like a weeks time.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hello house, its a great pleasure to inform you all about our new site (blog). The main reason for this site is for us to have our own independent site, it is specifically for us all as a family.This site is a platform to discuss and obtain information on agriculture in general while this thread will still be functional as usual.

I want to use this medium to thank the following resource persons in regards to the blog; Mr excelsior, Mr Ab1x, mickyfish and ayosat. This site is created specifically for our education, and enlightenment in agriculture.. there will be detailed HD videos, pictures, News, detailed write ups, Topics of interest and much more.. More sections will be added to the blog overtime..

Please before the official launching of the blog on Friday,comments, suggestions are welcomed..

Thanks
ROBONSKI

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
robonski15: Hello house, its a great pleasure to inform you all about our new site (blog). The main reason for this site is for us to have our own independent site, it is specifically for us all as a family.This site is a platform to discuss and obtain information on agriculture in general while this thread will still be functional as usual.

I want to use this medium to thank the following resource persons in regards to the blog; Mr excelsior, Mr Ab1x, mickyfish and ayosat. This site is created specifically for our education, and enlightenment in agriculture.. there will be detailed HD videos, pictures, News, detailed write ups, Topics of interest and much more.. More sections will be added to the blog overtime..

Please before the official launching of the blog on Friday,comments, suggestions are welcomed..

Thanks
ROBONSKI

Sounds like a good initiative. We can get to discuss more on the blog and no moderator will be there to ban or hide comment. Robonski, you're doing a great job. Kudos 2 U.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
Where is the url for the blog?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
robonski15: Hello house, its a great pleasure to inform you all about our new site (blog). The main reason for this site is for us to have our own independent site, it is specifically for us all as a family.This site is a platform to discuss and obtain information on agriculture in general while this thread will still be functional as usual.

Thanks
ROBONSKI

No wahala boss
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Theyjih: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
ab1x:

Sounds like a good initiative. We can get to discuss more on the blog and no moderator will be there to ban or hide comment. Robonski, you're doing a great job. Kudos 2 U.
+1000 well done
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fhemmmy: Where is the url for the blog?

It will be made known on friday!!! Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
robonski15:

It will be made known on friday!!! Thanks

I think enuf pix and video will be great
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mike58(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
robonski16:

pls o i am not his excellency sir i am robonski... add one sachet of chloraphenical and tetracycline in each pond and don't feed them for that day.. abt the salt u should be very careful when applying.. take a handful of salt and sprinkle it on each pond.. i hope it helps

Thank you so much sir, House I want you all to cont. appreciating his excellency sir Robonski n all oda guru's in the house you are serzly touching lives far n wide I dnt think you have an idea. God will cont to bless you beyond comprehension #Amen
I will do as u say and give feed back. Thank you sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mickyfish(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
robonski15: [b]Hello house, its a great pleasure to inform you all about our new site (blog). The main reason for this site is for us to have our own independent site, it is specifically for us all as a family.This site is a platform to discuss and obtain information on agriculture in general while this thread will still be functional as usual.

Thanks
ROBONSKI
Oga robonski, u 2much, na dis kind things I don dey pray 4, may God bless ur efforts, by his special grace d sky is our begining. Now I'm ready 2 give my all wen it comes 2 agric. Nigerians n d world @ large wiil kw.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
jites: Wow, very impressive Mr TOKUGAWA, Now this is what i was talking about when i mentioned in previous post of the power of pictures, instead of TOKUGAWA saying i have just finished constructing an earthen pond, he said it and also showed us pictures. Welldone Sir, this remind me of Oga Spyder in the property section. step by step instructions. So House, lets start seeing more pictures, if you harvested your fish and they are like 1.5-2.5 kg come on put some pictures up and a little talk on how you went about achieving it. Pictures speak louder than words, a fruitful year to everyone.

Dv tomorrow i will put up a mini hatchery that can be set up by anybody for as low as 70K,ASide yr broodstock,feeding,though u need d relevant skill & God's support, it can contain up to 70000;Even more, if u have d good broodstock & mgt
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
excelsiorfarm: Dv tomorrow i will put up a mini hatchery that can be set up by anybody for as low as 70K,ASide yr broodstock,feeding,though u need d relevant skill & God's support, it can contain up to 70000;Even more, if u have d good broodstock & mgt

If i need reliable and good fish (Jumbo) to breed, could you suggest where to get some . . . Sure one that i know will grow well and not some dysfunctional retards oh . . . Lol (1000 - 2000 Pieces in Lagos)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fhemmmy:

like d advance world, i bet online lessons or lecture won't be a bad idea
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
excelsiorfarm: like d advance world, i bet online lessons or lecture won't be a bad idea

Will be a great plus
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Yeah it will surely be great.. I will make a video of my next training and also close shot pix..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
robonski15:

Yeah it will surely be great.. I will make a video of my next training and also close shot pix..

Thanks and will be looking forward to seeing that
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
TOKUGAWA: Amen my brother its nt easy,Abokis alone gulped roughly 170k,excluding daily afternoon breads,smoke n pure water bags.Its a swampy area,water comes out naturally but definitely not enough. So I took water from d nearby stream.Would be stocking soon like a weeks time.
SMOKE for giving them smoke, i will sue u
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Fhemmmy:

If i need reliable and good fish (Jumbo) to breed, could you suggest where to get some . . . Sure one that i know will grow well and not some dysfunctional retards oh . . . Lol (1000 - 2000 Pieces in Lagos)
since it ain't mine, i can say little & d guy i know i could guarantee because of source of broodstock, don't have, i was at durante & they don't have(u know they import their broodstocks from Holland to cross), so talk to others

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.