Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? (16329 Views)

Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Kakatazz(f): 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
This does not make sense.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
Kakatazz: This does not make sense.

Interesting profile pic you got there,

and your personal text wink
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Kslib(m): 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
following
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by redsun(m): 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
Having a jealous father is like being a child of the devil.Like obj that slept with his son's wife.A creature without a soul.

What should anybody be jealous for?Talkless of a father.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Habeebpain(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
Bloody hell! Very funny examples but I think it's something that happens in both ways. I don't know how my wife will feel if I pamper our daughters too much based on the fact that I don't have a sister. She'll sure be jealous.
But on a more serious note, a mother will always be a mother. She'll love her children like crazy, but it's important she doesn't abandon the husband just because kids are in the picture now. Doing that will cause the husband to find love and affection somewhere else.
Sometimes, you have fathers who aren't approachable. They shout at the kids and embarass them in public. This causes the kids to find solace in their mum. Do you know how it feels when the kids go to bed early just because dad is around. They can't watch movies or cartoon or invite friends over just because of their dad.
So it's important we try to balance the equation. We men are babies, we find solace in women most especially their bossoms. We want to be cared for, pampered and remembered.

4 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by redsun(m): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
An intelerant father is like a bull elephant in heat or a full fledged single male lion,dangerous.

Nothing can take the place of children.They come first,but some adults dont know,they think it is all about them.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Arsenate(m): 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
I also observed that children, too, get jealous when dad and mom are showing affection to one another; daddies sometimes get jealous when wifey is showing too much affection to the children. I reckon only the Ladies don't really get jealous of any sort of daddy-child affection. Why's that?
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by biolabee(m): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
Interesting topic.. but as people have rightly pointed out its usually a joab at the mum if the man feels she has neglected Oga at the top. lolz cheesy

However another point of playful beef are the opportunities kids are open to this days

1. some fathers growing up did not have a father figure growing up and they want to be a good one to their own kids
2. Some dads schooled at iganmode while their kids will go to Some posh middle school etc
3. Some kids have like ten stamps on the passport by ten while the father did not leave naija before 30 yas old

may God help us all
Happy Easter Folks!

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by redsun(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Kids thrive in affections.It gives them sense of belonging and responsibilities.On the other hand,fight and strifes,they end up hopeless,selfish,untrusting and irresponsible
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by biolabee(m): 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mavor: Sounds like you ladies know some messed up bunch of eee-diot men!!!

only an e-ediot will know one
No be by force to comment na

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by joshuaidibia(m): 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
Yes,dy re jealous. Bt i gues ur dad must b ashamed of u,for askn such a stupid question. #A STUPID ANSWER 4A STUPID QUESTION#.....@OP
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Danykooko: 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
Why should i be jealous of ma kids? its ridiculous.... who dem want see play with most times if not wifey
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Sike(m): 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
I can only get Jealous Proud of the Handsomeness of my Kid.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by magnificentsk(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
What a silly Q, oya gba siLly answer
Am the dad I own u and the kids, I can decided what so ever for my kids, by the way why should I be jelous of my kid that's ridiculous
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by biolabee(m): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Sike: I can only get Jealous Proud of the Handsomeness of my Kid.

Funny one
It's true also especially if chicks dey overdig the pikin
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by warrior101: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
greatgod2012:

so, this is one of your fears.........the fear of being neglected, okay o, we wont neglect you, we will try as much as possible to balance things up btwn dad and kids.
May Gd help us all.

Mother' eye service self na wah!
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by dekung(m): 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2013
@op, it zis true that some men may be jealous butnot neccessarily because the kids are getting all the attention because he is not getting any. I have two beautiful kids, a boy (4) and a girl (2). There was a day my wife was dressed for an outing and my son came in and said "my pretty mama, you look beautiful" and gave her a kiss. I for one did not see anything to this more than aboy admiring his mother. But on a moreserious note, women should learn to balance the attention, otherwise there will be trouble. If you sacrifice your role as wife on the alter of being a mother you are driving your husband into the hands of other ladies waiting outside to give him all that you deny him of. Speaking for myself, ido not like going out, I prefer to at home with my wife and kids and catch all the fun together, however ifi am treated in my own home like a stranger, a second class citizen where my wife would pay all attention only to the kids andleave me in limbo, I will seek friendship and attention outside. And am sure you know the younger ladies definetely be willing to play ball. So my dear, for you own good and like you said "idi ere la ti n mo otito", ensure you dont push your hubbyinto the hands of another woman. I know a close family friend who dedicated all her attention on her kids at the expense of her husband. Now the kids no longer need so much attention but the husband has found an alternative. While he still spends on kids as if spending money is running out fashion he hardly talks with his wife at home. Make sure you dont do this to yourself because when the kids grow they will leave and then it will just you and the hubby you neglected for years and then he may have found solace with the boys, the boos and the babes

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
Men are big babies, the wife should balance affections given to the children and their dad... It's only natural for one to feel jealous, if constantly ignored when needed and much attention given to the other...women too are also babies...in fact we are all babies grin, when it comes to affection.

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Hezzymania(m): 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
my pman no send at all!
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by XavierSmiley: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
Wow wow wow!!! Am so loving this thread. Well, in my opinion, men get usually jealous, not necessarily envious. Can Ʊ imagine my close-to-70yr old- dad being jealous of our mum especially whenever ¶ and my siblings are all home and all-over our mum Jealousy in men is very common and dats y u'r fond of hearing them spit out bitterly "go and meet YOUR MOTHER", or "your mother this..." "Your mother that..." especially when its so obvious Ʊ've been pampered by u® mum. The reason is cos mums are the Care-Givers, we drink her milk, sit in her laps, strapped τ̲̅ȍ her back, her body is very soft τ̲̅ȍ the touch when compared τ̲̅ȍ that of our fathers, she's concerned when things go wrong and is ever so listening... So her kids tend τ̲̅ȍ flock around her as the Care-Giver... Her body provides the early "toys" kids need τ̲̅ȍ handle with and also the early "table" they dine on... So y won't fathers βε̲̣̣̣̥ jealous.. Little wonder y many songs have been written for mums and so few for dads.. Songs like "iya Ni̶̲̥̅̊ wura iyebiye", "mummy o o o wa pelaye", "Asha's song; So Beautiful - mama mi o roju ri", even movies like Mainframe's "Maami".... Abeggi!!!! Dem № dey price am ooº°˚˚°º. ¶ love my Mama!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by XavierSmiley: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
Just wanna add that its also left τ̲̅ȍ the woman (wife, and mother) τ̲̅ȍ create a balance... Remember, Ʊ were first a "wife" τ̲̅ȍ u® husband before Ʊ became a "mother" τ̲̅ȍ u® children... Create time for u® husband... Treat him as u® FIRSTBORN cos indeed he is. You'll send him out when Ʊ'r all about "my children, my children, my children"... ¶ believe a man who gets enuff and "timely" attention from his wife will never get jealous about his children, and even if he does, he'll curb it, knowing so well dat his wife creates ample time for him and shows it "openly" dat he comes first before any of her children regardless of their sex. Men have 2 phases - they are BABIES and they are KINGS; as babies, they love τ̲̅ȍ βε̲̣̣̣̥ PAMPERED and CUDDLED; as kings, they love τ̲̅ȍ βε̲̣̣̣̥ WORSHIPPED and REVERED. He's u® FIRSTBORN and your LORD!!! Treat him as one!

2 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Mavor: 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
biolabee:

only an e-ediot will know one
No be by force to comment na
Ohh, you are jealous of your little kid?? Sick muthafu<ka tongue
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by vision2050: 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
if you touch my wife bosom. You don due for women be dat, i will send you out grin grin grin

you beta thank your star dat, he is given you attention. Ask those polygamous (wife) family maybe they see such attention.

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by XavierSmiley: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2013
vision2050: if you touch my wife bosom. You don due for women be dat, i will send you out grin grin grin

grin grin grin Ʊ Guy Ʊ harsh ooº°˚˚°º. Wetin Йąђ‎​‎​
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by vision2050: 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
XavierSmiley:

grin grin grin Ʊ Guy Ʊ harsh ooº°˚˚°º. Wetin Йąђ‎​‎​
na dad property,
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by biolabee(m): 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mavor: Ohh, you are jealous of your little kid?? Sick muthafu<ka tongue

why would i be...
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by ayobase(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
BRB...let me call my sweet and funny Dad to teasingly hear the truth from him!

But before I call him.....let me say these!

But, ladies why are you always so complicated?
This man is jealous cos another person does admire you ONLY cos he is SOOOOO still madly in love with u, but all you could do is complain again!

If he doesn't admire, you would complain. He admires, you would complain....which one sef!

And no be sey e carry gun wan kill the pikin, neither has he decided not to play the "father" role again!

Na una dey confuse us walahi....so complicated!
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by miqos02(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
the mother is mine, the kid is mine, why should i be jealous?
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
No..doesn't happen in my family dat way
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by leyitto(m): 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
nice thread.... I think ds phenomenon is somehow related to the oedipus and elektra complexes where boys 'hate' their fathers for competing with them for mummy's luv and girls hate their mums for nt givin them d joystick dat d boychild has...(ds is called PEN*S ENVY...) i think a revised version of ds is wat is bn displayed by d daddies in question here...
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by lagcity(m): 9:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
dayokanu: Some men feel once kids come, They become strangers in the house as the wife only minds the children and he is left out
yes, some women are so terrible that after having kids, they completely ignore the hubby. they basically treat the poor guy like a sperm donor!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! / Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.