Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? (24000 Views)

5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity / How Will You Perform As The President Of Nigeria For 6 Months only? / If You Are The President Will You Perform Better Than GEJ And His Predecessors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 3:33am On Mar 30, 2013
Do you perform the obligations of a citizen as a Nigerian? Besides the rights individual enjoys as a citizen of a state,he also has some obligations. These obligations can be summarized as follows: 1. A citizen is expected to place the interest of the state before other interest. 2. A citizen must obey the laws of the state 3. He or she must defend the state against internal and external enemies. 4. Must uphold the honour and dignity of the state. 5. Must respect the symbol of the state and 6. Must pay tax. How many Nigerian can boarst confidently to be performing his duties as citizens?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:43am On Mar 30, 2013
bilms: 1. A citizen is expected to place the interest of the state before other interest.
4get. Even d state no put interest of her people 4 heart
bilms: 2. A citizen must obey the laws of the state.
I do that.
bilms: 3. He or she must defend the state against internal and external enemies.
I ll try my best.
bilms: 4. Must uphold the honour and dignity of the state.
no probs.
bilms: 5. Must respect the symbol of the state
no probs
bilms: 6. Must pay tax. How many Nigerian can boast confidently to be performing his duties as citizens?
I. I pay my tax.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
U try. Lol
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
U try. Lol, but u can do more
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by 7842I: 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
Yes, I will be doing all that, while my leaders steal and amass wealth and use the public security to protect themselves while I suffer insecurity. I should protect the nation for the leaders to steal all I have laboured to protect? Na wao for you o!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2013
If you truly put the interest of the state first, you may prevent even the leaders from stealing our collective wealth. Protecting the state include protecting it from the leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by 7842I: 11:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
bilms: If you truly put the interest of the state first, you may prevent even the leaders from stealing our collective wealth. Protecting the state include protecting it from the leaders.

Keep talking.......
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by GalaxyNoteII: 2:37am On Mar 31, 2013
Even your politicians don't perform this ritual.....................mtchewwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 8:56am On Mar 31, 2013
Politicians cannot be your standard for citizenship. You too may be a politician tomorrow,if you have cultivated this negative attitude towards your responsibility to the state, you would end up like the same politician you complain about or even worse. So, your duty is your duty, you owe the state. Or will you say that, because your class rep has failed,you have to fail? No

4 Likes

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 31, 2013
I perform my obligations to my Friends,and colleagues whenever its my Birthday.
Mind you,today is my birthday,and Seun can't even wish me Happy birthday.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by GentleNaaz(m): 9:20am On Mar 31, 2013
If naija has my interest at hrt, yes i do 2.
If naija doesnt, yes i dont. Gabbage in gabbage out
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by OmoTier1(m): 10:55am On Mar 31, 2013
You mean like giving pardon to global criminals undecided.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by MrCork17: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2013
..which Nigeria? undecided
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by pat077: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
the relationship btw d government and d citizen is a contract, if d government fail in their responsibility then i don't think i'm oblige 2 fulfill mine as well.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
Plz start with the Ogas at the top.

I owe nothing, abi aren't u aware that there 'was' a country?, but now, there isn't.

Just a bunch of hustlers,in dsame geographical region.

1 Like

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
[b]Until nigerians realize that they are the ones making life hard for themselves, nothing will change.
abeg who are the Nepa officials not doing their job?
Who are the police officers?
Who are the vice chancellors that are not maintaining institutions well?
Who are the civil servants?

Are they politicians? Guys they are nigerians like you displaying laxities in their duties. I can tell that almost all nigerians take their duties both at work and in the society at large with levity.
What they fail to always realize is that this laxity of theirs is making a fellow nigerian to suffer and their suffering is also as a result of another nigerian failing in his duty.

To top it all, they forget leaders/politicians are chosen out of them; thereby the leaders represent what they are. I can tell most nigerians will also refuse to do their job if at all they also become a leader. Until we realize its our society who's got problem nothing will change, we will only go on in the same cycle.

[size=16pt]When Jonathan was shoeless, I can bet my life he was blaming government for everything, now that he is in power, what has he done differently? Nigerians need to use their thinking faculties and see the real problem! Start changing yourselves, your home, your society orelse things will continue to get worse(as we've been getting worse leaders as each election passes). Only a dumb fellow continues using an approach to solve a problem for a long time without getting a positive result and still continues in that path.[/size] I think I've said enough[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by collins125: 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
So na who go start?

Government or Citizenz?
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
Am assuring you that 98% of those that abuse GEJ here on NL doesn't pay taxes yet they will keep making noise about tax payers money as if they pay taxes.

And most of them don't even know the rules of the nation or state they are but they are all righteous

1 Like

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by IBnatty(m): 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2013
I bow my head in shame. Nigeria is like a w.hore nobody respects her. Her leaders & her citizens, none trully loves her. All we are after is her resources,regarding her institutions with disdain. We are indifferent about her future. Today I pledge to her to do better.

However He who thinks he performs his obligations to Nigeria be the first to castigate me for occasionaly placing my interest before that of Nigeria.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by 360command: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
Yes I am a citizen but the country has failed to make me a citizen . I am just a citizen by birth but the country does not know I am a citizen. I am a citizen who owns the oil but the country has failed to give me or ours what is mine\yours. I am a citizen but a citizen of hopes and prayers.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by solayemi(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
gboss4sure: Am assuring you that 98% of those that abuse GEJ here on NL doesn't pay taxes yet they will keep making noise about tax payers money as if they pay taxes.

And most of them don't even know the rules of the nation or state they are but they are all righteous
Dude, what has d thread got to do wt GEJ? Most u bring up that silly name all d time. Well, if u knw what tax is and d different taxes in operation in nigeria then u r on ur path towards redemption 4rm d bondage of ur paymasters.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by vanstanzy(m): 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2013
[quote author=bilms]Do you perform the obligations of a citizen as a Nigerian? Besides the rights individual enjoys as a citizen of a state,he also has some obligations. These obligations can be summarized as follows:
1. A citizen is expected to place the interest of the state before other interest.

Question: Do our thiefing politicians and House of Ra*pe members do this? If not, then why should i

2. A citizen must obey the laws of the state

Question: Do our thiefing politicians and House of Ra*pe members do this? If not, then why should i

3. He or she must defend the state against internal and external enemies.

4. Must uphold the honour and dignity of the state.

5. Must respect the symbol of the state

6. Must pay tax.

How many Nigerian can boast confidently to be performing his duties as citizens?

Question: Do our thiefing politicians and House of Ra*pe members do this? If not, then the answer is NIL.

Why should our people be subjected to the torture of the law when the law makers are also the law breakers embarassed
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hum
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by dabossman(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
@Speedboi has said it all. Unlike countries like Libya, Egypt and Zimbabwe who had/have had one man governing them for ages, we have had many leaders from the different parts of the country, yet no change. We like to delude ourselves that they are the same circle of people, yet the circle keeps growing larger. Our private and public sector is a mess. Crooks everywhere. Indiscipline is the order of the day.

We say we'll change if our leaders lead by example, yet we fight and contend with every leader who tries to bring positive change just because we are stuck in our ways. Just drive around Lagos (the microcosym of Nigeria) for a day and you will know that Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by lyricalpreacher(m): 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2013
We are all RAPIST... We have RAPED Nigeria with reckless abandonment but she doesn't complain... She can't complain. Who will she complain to? The truth is she doesn't care. She gave u a place to build ur concrete jungle on nd DATZ ALL dts was her sole destiny. "There was a country"... But now " A People" it is to d people that u owe ur duties and responsibilities to. They r nt Ghosts... Be the change u want to see in d world.

1 Like

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by calcal: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
Obligations for keeping you in darkness for the whole of your life.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by moodswing(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2013
Before I answer this question, I want you to ask the state If it has fulfilled it's obligation to me as a citizen?.

1) Has the state fulfilled it's obligation in protecting my life and property?. NO

2) Has the state guaranteed my freedom of speech? Movement, association and other equal inalienable rights as enshrined in my fundamental rights as a person?. NO

As long as as I am concerned, the state does not me owe me these duties and neither do I owe the state any civic responsibility.

Our government is only a feared criminal organization legitimized through forces of cohesion, and enjoys monopoly of crime.

Let justice and fairness prevail....

1 Like

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
waiting i dey gain from the state, no light but them dey bring bill come my house.

1 Like

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by blackbeau1(f): 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
I can authoritatively say this-only one nigerian in hundred thousand perform all this
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by joseph1832(m): 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
The current situation in our country makes it very hard for for to perform his/her civic responsibilities.

Our leaders makes it very difficult for one to do this! But before I even say anything, let me ask this question: Has Nigeria perform her duties to her citizens?

It is a shame that almost nobody feels committed and dedicated to perform his or her obligations, our leaders make it very difficult for one to do this, as in those who have served this country delligently are being owed their pension.

Look at the living conditions of our ex service men and you'll be appalled by what you see, they've been totally neglected and left to rot away.

The experience of the police pension thief is more than enough for one not to feel obligated for perform his/her civic duties.

But I'll say this: it pays to do the right thing!!!.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
You can become the leader or law enforcer. Can you uphold the law then if you cant now?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obaseki Favoured As 2,229 Delegates Elect Edo PDP Candidate / Jega Sacks Two Electoral Officers In Edo For Disappearance Of Result Sheets / Stop Deceiving Nigerians If You Want To Succeed – Emir Of Mubi Tells APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.