Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? (24015 Views)

5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity / How Will You Perform As The President Of Nigeria For 6 Months only? / If You Are The President Will You Perform Better Than GEJ And His Predecessors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by Rimbaldi: 11:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
bilms: Do you perform the obligations of a citizen as a Nigerian? Besides the rights individual enjoys as a citizen of a state,he also has some obligations. These obligations can be summarized as follows: 1. A citizen is expected to place the interest of the state before other interest. 2. A citizen must obey the laws of the state 3. He or she must defend the state against internal and external enemies. 4. Must uphold the honour and dignity of the state. 5. Must respect the symbol of the state and 6. Must pay tax. How many Nigerian can boarst confidently to be performing his duties as citizens?

THINK NOT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR NIGERIA, BUT WHAT NIGERIA CAN DO FOR YOU! NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT CAN BE LIKENED TO MODERN PASTORS. THEY DO NOTHING FOR YOU AND WANT TO TAKE ALL YOU'VE GOT!
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 01, 2013
H$LBroker:
waiting i dey gain from the state, no light but them dey bring bill come my house.
Even tax that the state collect from the citizens is force labor which is equal to slavery, a state that is wasteful in resources management of the state should not be allow to take more from the citizens of the states, how many of the administers of the state pay tax to the state, and they benefiting 100% from the state, how many of them are pardoned for gross mismanagenent, fraud and corruption, how many of them are convicted and throw in prison for breaking the law, if any unfecundity administer of state mismanage state fund, then the citizens should hold their tax until that administers are peaceful change.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2013
Hum
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 01, 2013
H$LBroker:
Even tax that the state collect from the citizens is force labor which is equal to slavery, a state that is wasteful in resources management of the state should not be allow to take more from the citizens of the states, how many of the administers of the state pay tax to the state, and they benefiting 100% from the state, how many of them are pardoned for gross mismanagenent, fraud and corruption, how many of them are convicted and throw in prison for breaking the law, if any unfecundity administer of state mismanage state fund, then the citizens should hold their tax until that administers are peaceful change.

Do you even realise that the nigerians who are still sensible enough to pay bills and tax. 90% of the money paid don't get to government. They are embezzled by nigerians like you. And you say nigerians are no different from their leaders? The leaders do what each nigerian will do when they get to power, so please stop shouting Government all the time....its hypocrisy at its peak.
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by luckarub(m): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2013
My fellow Nigerians, I can understand why we are all so bitter when we talk about the state of the Nation. Truly the Country has disappointed us more than we can imagine, but we need to understand the phrase of the question that @bilms: asked, the 'coco' of the question is a clarion call for a change in our Nation and I must tell you, it is a good start, for us to be reminded daily of our responsibility to our dear Country, Nigeria. If you all will agree with me, what we experience today is a reflection of the society.

What is corruption: Everybody in our society only respect those with money, not name, not reputation so why won't I steal and amass so much for people to respect me, knowing full well that nobody cares how I made it.

What is Insecurity: When I don't about the safety of my neighbor, I can't watch his back. You don't pay your tax for our police to be enumerated properly or you will rather want buy him over to over look your many sins, reminding him or giving him options to either be good and remain poor or just collect what you are offering.

We all know what the problem of the Country is, but we are shying away from it. We must start purging ourselves, even from the home front to the society and to the bigger stage.

We would enjoy the fruit of our labor IJN and we shall begin to sing a different song soon, bless you
Re: Do You Perform The Citizens Obligations As A Nigerian? by bilms(m): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bode George: Mu’azu Fled Nigeria Day Before 2015 Presidential Poll / Soludo Pays Condolence Visit To Ex-Governor, Ezeife Over Death Of His Wife (Pix) / APC Presidential Primary: Ken Nnamani Announces Withdrawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.