Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1162145 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
If I switch it on widawt a sim, it prompts me 2 insert a sim to connect 2 a mobile network or connect with wifi. Nah I switched it on when I got it newly and switched it ryt back off. Jst called glo to knw if its cos im not using the BB10 plan and dey said the BB10 plans are just for z10. Im 4kn confused
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
sydney01: If I switch it on widawt a sim, it prompts me 2 insert a sim to connect 2 a mobile network or connect with wifi. Nah I switched it on when I got it newly and switched it ryt back off. Jst called glo to knw if its cos im not using the BB10 plan and dey said the BB10 plans are just for z10. Im 4kn confused

Don't listen to those clowns in glo. Forget them

When you switch it on and it tells you to insert a sim or connect to wifi, there should be an option to skip connecting to the Internet

Confirm if that's the case
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
currently updating to 10.1.0.4181 powered by airtel sim and globacom hotspot wink

(implies i am using the internet bundle on my glo phone whilst update came via my micro airtel sim in my Z10)

166MB

work in progress..... fingers crossed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
walcolm:

Don't listen to those clowns in glo. Forget them

When you switch it on and it tells you to insert a sim or connect to wifi, there should be an option to skip connecting to the Internet

Confirm if that's the case

there seems to be no option really.

i had the same issue when i got my z10....the twerp at Etisalat said i bought a locked phone...the problem actually is that BB10 requires proper internet activation and i wasnt properly configured....i had to use a strong hotspot in computer village to activate the damn phone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
I didn't have that issue when i bought my z10. When it asked me to connect to a wifi, I had the option to skip and there was no sim in it the first time I switched it on

@Sydney01, my advice would be, put the sim in another phone to be sure the bis has been activated.

Another thing to note is, for bis to work you need to set the APN to BlackBerry.net but a new device won't give you that space to check so a wifi or hotspot would be your most viable option to get the phone up and running
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
Pheeew. Wz bout uploadn pics of my screen sef b4 I saw denn's comment. No walcom derz no option for skipping internet connection. I think I agree with denn, I think the fone needs a strong connected internet 2 set up, and I just sent "status" 2 777 n received a msg saying my BB subscription is pending(but dey took my cash sinx afternoon). I called again and dey asked 4 my pin n imei saying dey'll 4ward the ish to der wareva department. Mehn I give up, i'll just wait and see what dey'll cum up with or maybe call them once more b4 I sleep. Make I find breakfast chop(yeah its dat bad). angry
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
walcolm: I didn't have that issue when i bought my z10. When it asked me to connect to a wifi, I had the option to skip and there was no sim in it the first time I switched it on

@Sydney01, my advice would be, put the sim in another phone to be sure the bis has been activated.

Another thing to note is, for bis to work you need to set the APN to BlackBerry.net but a new device won't give you that space to check so a wifi or hotspot would be your most viable option to get the phone up and running

I'll try wifi if d juju dsnt re-arrange itself by 2mor.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
Like I said before don't listen to those clowns in glo customer care.

If you call them you should be asking them to activate your bis rather than giving them your BlackBerry pin and imei

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
lymelyte:
liar..why u dey lie anyhow?how many sideloaded apps and games work efficiently on on bb 10(z10 n q10)?
stop your misleading comment. lipsrsealed

I don pass the level of person wey go dey exchange words with u on Nairaland because I know my level.... so na u get ur mouth I don talk wetin I wan talk
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
@sydney01 dont wasste ur time waiting for glo i bought a q5 last week and it did exactly the same thing slot people said i should pay 5k for cutting the sim and configuring of the phone i told them i dont have that money and they refused to do so it and i bought the phone from them. I put my sim inside it was doing exactly what urs is doing now all i did was to bring out my galaxy tab and connect the hotspot with my airtel sim inside and connect the phone and paam it opened and infront of them i told them that they are very wicked and this will be the last i will ever buy phone or anything from them cos the tab and the bold 5 i was using i bought from them. So just look for a hotspot and connect the phone it will open. I subscribed for mtn bb10 plan and this is the 4th day and they have not bn able to activate it they dont even reply me on twitter again.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
lymelyte: @justfree,wetin u know,u know nothing of everything. see dis julie ooo.. do you think all bb 10 bar files work on bb 10?
do you know when i started sideloading.you jjc to bb 10..fyi,i have started using bb 10 before it came to nigeria
lemme do as if i no see am grin undecided
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
cupid4ig: @sydney01 dont wasste ur time waiting for glo i bought a q5 last week and it did exactly the same thing slot people said i should pay 5k for cutting the sim and configuring of the phone i told them i dont have that money and they refused to do so it and i bought the phone from them. I put my sim inside it was doing exactly what urs is doing now all i did was to bring out my galaxy tab and connect the hotspot with my airtel sim inside and connect the phone and paam it opened and infront of them i told them that they are very wicked and this will be the last i will ever buy phone or anything from them cos the tab and the bold 5 i was using i bought from them. So just look for a hotspot and connect the phone it will open. I subscribed for mtn bb10 plan and this is the 4th day and they have not bn able to activate it they dont even reply me on twitter again.

smileyTnx mahn, i'll do exactly just that. smiley
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
sydney01:

smileyTnx mahn, i'll do exactly just that. smiley
or buy any etisalat easyblaze package, the internet connection will be automatic. For other network, the bb10 plans works better for the initial setup.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 4:42am On Aug 02, 2013
How can I use my mobile hotspot and internet tethering on my laptop?.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:07am On Aug 02, 2013
lymelyte: How can I use my mobile hotspot and internet tethering on my laptop?.

enable hotspot on your device. when you scan for wifi from your laptop, your device will be one of the available wifi
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2013
anybody updating to the new 10.1 MR?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:00am On Aug 02, 2013
Denn: anybody updating to the new 10.1 MR?

updated on tuesday
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 9:33am On Aug 02, 2013
walcolm:

updated on tuesday

was updating yesterday....had an issue with the wifi and the update restarted.....the thing went up from 166MB to 840MB....sad

hope the update shows remarkable improvements? i amcurrently on 87%.....
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
walcolm:

enable hotspot on your device. when you scan for wifi from your laptop, your device will be one of the available wifi
Bro,i did it and got to a stage where it asked for network security key.i don't know what to type.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
lymelyte:
Bro,i did it and got to a stage where it asked for network security key.i don't know what to type.

when you are using your own andriod phone as a hotspot..you are the one who sets the network security key or you can use the automatic key generated by your android

Go to 'settings' ... navigate to 'Portable Wifi'
once you enable it, it will show you 'HOW TO CONNECT other devices. in that text you will see the network security key you should use
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
Denn:

was updating yesterday....had an issue with the wifi and the update restarted.....the thing went up from 166MB to 840MB....sad

hope the update shows remarkable improvements? i amcurrently on 87%.....

what has happened is that a new OS (for the identified carrier) is being downloaded for you fresh from the servers rather than just the incremental update
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
MY FONE IS WORKING PERFECTLY NOW!!!! Big-ups tew Wal, denn, cupid et al. Used wifi, did my device switch n all n its wrkn perfect. Ya'll gr8. 2b1c9bb1 ya'll! peace grin
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
lymelyte: How can I use my mobile hotspot and internet tethering on my laptop?.
connect ur phone with cable to ur lappy, on the internet tethering, switch on your lappy wifi....ur system searches and connects. But if u are using mobile hostpot u might not need connecting the cable to ur system for it to connect.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
walcolm:

when you are using your own andriod phone as a hotspot..you are the one who sets the network security key or you can use the automatic key generated by your android

Go to 'settings' ... navigate to 'Portable Wifi'
once you enable it, it will show you 'HOW TO CONNECT other devices. in that text you will see the network security key you should use
Bro,i am using a BlackBerry q10
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
It is asking me for internet security key.what should I do?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
lymelyte: It is asking me for internet security key.what should I do?

Are you using your q10 as a mobile hotspot or you're connecting your q10 to a mobile hotspot?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 11:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Please where do I see bbm setting options on my phone?? Cnt find where 2 set stuffs like "show what I'm listening" etc
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
sydney01: Please where do I see bbm setting options on my phone?? Cnt find where 2 set stuffs like "show what I'm listening" etc
swipe from up down u will see it wink wink
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sydney01(m): 12:58am On Aug 03, 2013
Tnx smiley
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 5:04am On Aug 03, 2013
walcolm:

Are you using your q10 as a mobile hotspot or you're connecting your q10 to a mobile hotspot?
I am using my fone as a mobile hotspot.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 5:06am On Aug 03, 2013
sydney01: Please where do I see bbm setting options on my phone?? Cnt find where 2 set stuffs like "show what I'm listening" etc
Swipe your fone from on top down when you are in the bbm panel.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:19am On Aug 03, 2013
lymelyte:
I am using my fone as a mobile hotspot.

If that's the case, BlackBerry 10 allows you to set the password when you enable mobile hotspot. That password will be used by other devices to connect to the wifi created by your q10

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.